IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World of Warcraft, Woz it all about, Elfie?
m0r1arty
post Apr 4 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #31

Feel the Rainbow

Group: Senior Members
From: Sitting between Civil Liberties and the Data Protection Act
Member No.: 3,341

Anyone play Guildwars?

It's pretty good and has no subsciption fee, just buy the game (and the one expansion if you fancy it, or just buy the expansion and miss out on the other world of the game) and go.

I'm happy to help people level up for a bit, might even start a new character myself.

-m0r
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Apr 4 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #32

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Apr 4 2006, 08:16 AM)
Anyone play Guildwars?

It's pretty good and has no subsciption fee, just buy the game (and the one expansion if you fancy it, or just buy the expansion and miss out on the other world of the game) and go.

I'm happy to help people level up for a bit, might even start a new character myself.

-m0r

I considered it, but someone at work tried it and said it was basically just a poor version of WoW. Apparently does decent PvP but the PvE is rubbish. So I've heard anyway.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Dec 1 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #33

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

*bump*

So who's playing this now?

My main characters are all Alliance on Agramarr (a level 60 Human Rogue and a level 43 Gnome Mage), but I've also got a couple on Dreanor and Aerie(sp?) Peak as well.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Dec 1 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #34

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

Son, I don't understand a word you just said.

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Dec 1 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #35

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Dec 1 2006, 10:09 AM)
Son, I don't understand a word you just said.

I'd like to add:

Speak English, boy!

+Quote Post
Raven
post Dec 1 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #36

Space Cowboy

The Heathen aren't meant to understand . . . wink.gif

+Quote Post
m0r1arty
post Dec 1 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #37

Feel the Rainbow

From: Sitting between Civil Liberties and the Data Protection Act
Member No.: 3,341

Still Guild Warring it, but not as often.

The South Park episode of WoW was good though.

-m0r

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Dec 1 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #38

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

I'm on Dragonmaw, main is a 60 Tauren druid (full balance spec, so that means Moonkin form), just got the last pieces of my T1 armour from MC, which is good, as we should be trying AQ40 this week, which'll allow me to get enough CC rep for my Mace of Unending Life, although with any luck I'll be trading that in for a Blessed Qiraji Acolyte Staff.

Of course, next week is the big TBC intro patch, so goodbye honour rankings, hello quarterly Arena rankings with an epic Netherdrake mount reward if your team finishes on top. Also hello shiny new talents.

I fully expect 98% of the above statement to make absolutely no sense whatsoever to all but about 4 people here.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Dec 1 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #39

I've not played for a while now, since it keeps completely screwing up on my work PC. Every few seconds the game freezes for a few seconds, then carries on as normal. It did this before and I fixed it by reinstalling the game from scratch, but as anyone who has tried to do that recently will know, it takes AGES. I'm not going through that whole process every time the game decides to start acting shit.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Dec 3 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #40

Space Cowboy

For anyone who is interested playing, you can find out more about the game here, and also sign up for a free 10day trial.

The full game itself is now only 9.99 on Play.com.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Dec 3 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #41

Invader.

Holy fuck but AQ 40 is hard. You just don't expect an epiced up 40 man raid to wipe on trash mobs...

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Dec 6 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #42

I'm getting seriously annoyed with the amount of patching in World of Warcraft now. I decided to sign up again for another month yesterday, today I log in and it's telling me I need to install another goddamn 700MB patch. I'm staying at my parents house over december and that's a big chunk of their download limit for a month gone in one whack. If they've got extra content to put into the game, they should put it in new areas that you can't get to unless you have the patch, and make it optional. I've not much choice but to download it, otherwise I've just wasted a month's subscription.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Dec 6 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #43

Invader.

Yeah, that was the big Burning Crusade intro patch that was released today. To be fair it is a hell of a lot of new stuff, but yeah, they could have organised it a lot better, especially as they originally said that all the realms would be back up and running by 12:00. Then 3:00. Then 5:00. Then 6:00...

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Dec 6 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 6 2006, 07:50 PM)
Yeah, that was the big Burning Crusade intro patch that was released today. To be fair it is a hell of a lot of new stuff, but yeah, they could have organised it a lot better, especially as they originally said that all the realms would be back up and running by 12:00. Then 3:00. Then 5:00. Then 6:00...

I don't want any new stuff though. I haven't seen all the old stuff yet. There should be the option to not take the new content if you don't want it. I wish they'd stop forcing content down our throats all the time.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Dec 7 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #45

Space Cowboy

To be fair to Blizzard this is the only patch they have released in the last month or so AND this is by far the largest patch I've seen in the eighteen months I've been playing the game because - as NiteFall has already said - it is a major patch to pave the way for the Burning Crusade expansion.

It is huge, but at the same time it includes a helluva lot of new content and some fundamental changes to the way the game is played (for instance, all the talent trees have been re-worked so you will get all your talent points refunded again so there are some swings and roundabouts . . .).

None of the WoW patches to date- have been optional because of the nature of the game. The next update however will be optional, you can either buy The Burning Crusade expansion, or not! (though I think it will be your loss if you don't! wink.gif).

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Dec 6 2006, 07:50 PM)

Boy, you've got it bad!! tongue.gif

Personally I try to avoid playing on Wednesdays as there are quite often issues resulting from upgrades or maintenance work that need to be resolved. Having said that however, this is the first time my server has still been down when I have got in from work . . .

Anyway, I've downloaded about a quarter of the patch so far and plan to do the rest over-night; I can live without playing for a few days.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:31 AM