IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World of Warcraft, Woz it all about, Elfie?
Raven
post Jan 11 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #91

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 11 2007, 01:58 PM)
There's a limited time world event going on there with a funky limited tabard quest reward.

Got mine! (did it solo too!).

That was total chaos! cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jan 12 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #92

Better to reign in hell...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,676

I assume everyone here who has a level 60 character will be buying The Burning Crusade? I've still got 12 levels to go, so I won't be buying it for a while.

One thing I thought was strange was that they're including two new races, which means you have to start a new character to use them, but hardly any new game content for anyone below level 60. Sure the new races have starting areas, but they're for up to about level 20... That's about a day or two's worth of playing. I would have expected some more mid-range content so that the expansion would appeal to everyone. Who wants to start a new character then just grind away at the same old areas until you get back to 60 and start seeing new content?

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 12 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #93

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Yeah, but to be fair a lot of people will be rolling new characters with tbc so it'll be nice and easy to get groups together and power level up. Also, once you know what you're doing levelling a character becomes so much easier- my friend Sam has 4 lvl 60s, the last of which he levelled from 1 in just over a fortnight.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 12 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #94

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Plus the expansion is bound to attract a lot of new customers who will then have the choice of levelling one of the new races fresh faced and whatnot.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 12 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #95

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Jan 12 2007, 05:53 PM)
I assume everyone here who has a level 60 character will be buying The Burning Crusade? I've still got 12 levels to go, so I won't be buying it for a while.

One thing I thought was strange was that they're including two new races, which means you have to start a new character to use them, but hardly any new game content for anyone below level 60. Sure the new races have starting areas, but they're for up to about level 20... That's about a day or two's worth of playing. I would have expected some more mid-range content so that the expansion would appeal to everyone. Who wants to start a new character then just grind away at the same old areas until you get back to 60 and start seeing new content?

My copy is on order, and will hopefully arrive on Tuesday.

I believe there is new content for all levels throughout the game, although the majority is aimed at the start levels for the new races or at level 60+ players.

The reviews I've heard of it so far have all been positive.

Personally it's taken me over 18 months to get two characters anywhere near level 60 (one level 60 and one llevel 48) and there are several different areas you can work in throughout the game (for instance, you could level up to 60 without ever leaving the main island you start on, although in practice you probably wouldn't want to).

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 12 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #96

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 12 2007, 06:13 PM)
. . . my friend Sam has 4 lvl 60s, the last of which he levelled from 1 in just over a fortnight. no life.

Corrected! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 12 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #97

Invader.

To be fair he does have a life as well. He holds down a proper job, goes out and everything. He's just also a strange gaming idiot-savant. God alone knows we've found no other use for him.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 12 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #98

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 12 2007, 07:47 PM)
To be fair he does have a life as well. He holds down a proper job, goes out and everything. He's just also a strange gaming idiot-savant. God alone knows we've found no other use for him.

tongue.gif

I will qualify my above remark by explaining that it took me most of last Saturday and Sunday to get my Mage from level 46 to 48, and that was with the character being pretty much rested all the way through!

60 levels in two weeks?! I'm obviously not a hardened game player! huh.gif

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Jan 12 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #99

Invader.

Like I said- he's an idiot savant when it comes to gaming.

Just an idiot in other fields though.

This post has been edited by NiteFall: Jan 12 2007, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jan 12 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #100

I started a new character at christmas and in 2 days got him to about level 20 something. It took me about a year to get to level 48 with my warlock.

This post has been edited by Nonus Aequilibrium: Jan 12 2007, 09:25 PM

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Jan 14 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #101

Decided to have a go in the PvP battlegrounds today. Apparently I came somewhere in the top half of the table without having a bloody clue what I'd been doing.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 15 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #102

Space Cowboy

No e-mail from Play, but my copy was posted on Friday, which means I may have it tomorrow! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 15 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #103

Space Cowboy

Yay! It arrive this morning! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 16 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #104

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Heh, I was quite interested in how many total subscribers Blizzard has fro WoW. I found this quote which is quite frankly staggering:

It's rare for any online service to be able to boast 8 million total customers, especially when the service costs users roughly $15/month.  It's even rarer in the Massively Multiplayer Online Gaming world.  Rare though it may be, Blizzard Entertainment announced today that their flagship online game; World of Warcraft, passed the 8 million subscriber mark.

This news comes just over 2 years after the initial commercial release of the game, and less than a week before the launch of its first expansion; The Burning Crusade.

So lets do a little math on this...
8 million subscribers
Average montly fee is $14.95

8 million x $14.95....$119,600,000 in subscription income per month!

Now imagine just half of those people purchase the expansion next week, which is going to cost $39.95.  That's an additional $159,800,000!
Nearly 120 million dollars a fucking month!

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jan 16 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #105

Space Cowboy

I finally got off line around 2am!

It's pretty impressive.

Outland, or rather the little I have seen of it, is visually stunning - it's quite odd running around with stars, planets and nebulas circling overhead after the normal blue skies etc.

I spent most of the evening looking around Exodar, the Draenei city.

It's a bit like being in a dream - and by that I mean the music and the look of the place is very surreal - not that I was in a state of euphoria! Itís certainly very different to the other cities in the game both in look and structure.

The Draenei have rather ridiculous looking mounts though, they look like miniature elephants and one of them is actually pink!

Iím pretty certain I was the first person in IF offering portals to Exodar as well! (no takers, everyone with the expansion installed was in Outland!).

My only real complaint - so far - is that it wasn't immediately apparent, after installing the upgrade, that you had to go to the WoW website to activate the expansion.

Past that though it looks good!

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:39 AM