Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dead and Breakfast, The US answer to SotD
rabbit57i
post Nov 23 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #46

Varga Girl

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,531

Dawn of the Dead is filled with comedy & punchlines, but I still wouldn't categorise that as a comedy. I feel the director was trying to wacky & clever, but I wouldn't go so far as to give him the credit that he was making a comedy with horror.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crutch
post Nov 23 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #47

No more smiling.

Member No.: 4,601

QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Nov 23 2005, 10:29 PM)
Dawn of the Dead is filled with comedy & punchlines, but I still wouldn't categorise that as a comedy. I feel the director was trying to wacky & clever, but I wouldn't go so far as to give him the credit that he was making a comedy with horror.

Do you really mean Dawn?

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Nov 23 2005, 10:44 PM
Post #48

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

I think rabbit is referring to the Dawn of the Dead remake which had plenty of comedy moments, for example the shooting of the celeb lookalike zombies as a game.

+Quote Post
Crutch
post Nov 23 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #49

No more smiling.

Thanks, that makes sense.

I think, the original Dawn also got it's comedy-bits, but on a more subtle and subversive, cultural-critic-way.

+Quote Post
shinyelvenqueen
post Nov 27 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #50

Bad.

Member No.: 4,009

Probably won't rush to see that but may be entertaining. I agree they should not have refered to SOTD, it's a cheap move. They should be on Santa's nuaghty list for that.

+Quote Post
BabylonRebel
post Nov 27 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #51

Guests

Just like any other Idea taken by the Americans, I see the cast are young & attractive. What I don't get is why do they think that to be the hero/heroines you have to be tall & attractive.

+Quote Post
Crutch
post Nov 27 2005, 01:28 PM
Post #52

No more smiling.

QUOTE (BabylonRebel @ Nov 27 2005, 12:01 PM)
Just like any other Idea taken by the Americans, I see the cast are young & attractive. What I don't get is why do they think that to be the hero/heroines you have to be tall & attractive.

American actors ALL look the same, so they had no choice while casting...

+Quote Post
freege
post Nov 28 2005, 04:28 AM
Post #53

Guests

I bought Dead and Breakfest only because it as being called the U.S. answer to SOTD, I wasnt expecting much since most of our new comedies are all the same, sex and drugs jokes wit a lot of useless swearing, Which is basically what DAB is, but with some zombies. I'll admit I did find some parts funny, but it was no SOTD.

And I'm just curious, was Cabin Fever a big deal in the U.K. because I dont remember any hype for it here in the states when it came out, not like it really diserved any

+Quote Post
DOD-MDK
post Dec 3 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #54

Greasy Grimey Gopher Guts

Member No.: 4,707

OK as an american I feel the need to stand up and defend my homeland against accusations of ripping off British TV and Movies. Ok here goes............................................................................
................................................................................
................................................................................
I got nothing.

+Quote Post
Ohblee
post Dec 26 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #55

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 3,696

I rented Dead and Breakfast for the same reason everyone else did. America's answer to Shaun of the Dead?! I don't fucking think so. There were a couple good ideas and funny bits in there, but that's it! And there's just NO comparison. If my life goes well, I will never have to see Dead and Breakfast ever again and I'll get to see Shaun a million more times.

America's answer to Shaun of the Dead. HA!

This post has been edited by Ohblee: Dec 26 2005, 04:14 PM

+Quote Post
joelb
post Jan 2 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #56

TCB, baby

Member No.: 3,050

"US answer to shaun of the dead" - what was the question?

does anyone else *hate* the fact that whenever you roll over anything on the site there's the most annoying scream rammed into your ears?

This post has been edited by joelb: Jan 2 2006, 12:59 PM

+Quote Post
ronlogan1977
post Jan 23 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #57

Walking the Plank

Member No.: 2,357

According to the producers dead and Breakfast went into production before Shaun of the Dead. Not that I really care one way or t`other.

+Quote Post
wibble
post Apr 3 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #58

Guests

One of the reasons why SOTD is soooo funny is because of the clumsy..uncool cackhanded british way the zombies are dealt with - isnt that the point?
An american sitting down for a mug of tea after beating a zombie to death just wouldnt work.
I think I will check Dead and Breakfast out tho as I like a good Zombie romp.

+Quote Post
darkhorse
post Apr 5 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #59

One Pinter

Member No.: 2,850

QUOTE (spacegurl @ May 30 2005, 09:39 AM)
Even the director looks like Edgar

lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:28 PM