He's a cunt [ 9 ] ** [6.92%]
Don't care [ 4 ] ** [3.08%]
Total Votes: 130
Guests cannot vote 
KINGofCOMEDY
post Aug 27 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #286

Guests

poor Zoe...back tracked by the post of Sostie...i was going to send the URL to my fan site but YOU CAN FORGET IT NOW

Sostie it doesn't mean your "racist" or a homophobe but if this your interpretation then that is fair enough.

I was unaware of Wildeism being a term and for my ignorance ...ummm....i'll know it is a term now that you've told me?

lol..is it so terrible to be wrong?...i don;t think so, if i made a mistake i'll accept it.

Any point i make or the manner i choose to make it is my perogative if my point had no validity or wasn;t constructed in a way that could be understood how could someone comment?

The arc of a character within a show being in the same situation as the writer himself has been done to much acclaim...should i make an issue of you being unaware of this??

I never said EVERYTHING was a joke - the MAIN point being that Extras is a very linear comedy- i'm glad you enjoy it...and if i don;t come across as funny why aren;t you lapping my comedy up with a metaphorical spoon and defending my comic integrity from anyone who should dare question the intention of it??

The talking about Oscar Wilde when talking about a homosexual concept wasn't constructive...but why is it your main concern in what i wrote?
It always interests me that people write about the mistake or intentional "joke" and disregard the point they were attached to. The only people to take on the point has been Blind and superfurry- the rest are just english teachers.

But as far as Delboys aspirational ramblings- aspiration is universal it is a complex concept as far as a persons social perception and the need for social conspicion seen in most comedies whereas camp as a charcater trait in the guise shown in extras ( usually associated with homosexuality though its not the association that is the problem or issue but the fact that neither are funny in representation and stereotype) is a linear subject that i dont think is funny.

If we were talking about a character like Darling in Blackadder Goes Fourth where it is not the defining conflict in the character- it IS funny- as it gains a complexity

okay you can say it was a one show entry of a charcter with no time to ground the same complexities THEN DON'T USE IT because its a weak idea...BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

-

And the golden rule...maybe i shouldn't have said it, it is a term i use and not neccessarily universal..it was late!

and i shouldn;t have told you to shut-up...it was rude and showed my inability to make a "WELL INFORMED"point without succombing to peurile abuse...i apologise-

but on the other hand...SHULLUP DUDE!

I'm so glad you look forward to my entries- I was gonna stop coming to this site...but now...

BLIND WHAT HAPPENED DUDE I THOUGHT WE WERE NET-BUD-DEES

This post has been edited by KINGofCOMEDY: Aug 27 2005, 08:55 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blind I/O
post Aug 27 2005, 08:56 PM
Post #287

Would you like to see my mask?

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,406

Net indifference-cesses might be closer to my take on it wink.gif

I just didn't get the joke, and don't like the implication of being misquoted.

This post has been edited by Blind I/O: Aug 27 2005, 09:00 PM

+Quote Post
KINGofCOMEDY
post Aug 27 2005, 09:10 PM
Post #288

Guests

...i thought you wouldn't...

indifference that hurts bud- i felt a connection there...a lock of minds one might say a spark...not like that kind of a spark...a macho spark...it was a spark with broad shoulders!

something you said about Koc....ahh forget it

+Quote Post
pots
post Aug 27 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #289

escapee

Member No.: 2,818

you see, you can make quips about 'teachers' and all, but if you actually made sense in your posts, then you wouldn't have to come back and try and explain what it was you were supposedly trying to say in the first place.

and its a bit rich to say that blind and superfurry are the only people who made any reference to the point of the 'wilde' quote - surely the point is that you were plucking out the name of a famous, witty homosexual to make some comment about 'camp' humour when, in fact, wilde's wit has nothing to do with his sexuality. with the exception of dorian gray, which has a pretty camp lead character, his comedy is mostly about manners and society. so 'the importance of being fabulous' would be a great gag if the play was, in any way, camp.

anyhoo, its fun trying to make sense of your vague ramblings - but we've gone a bit off topic. so i'm going to start you up your very own thread where we can discuss comedy in the detail it deserves.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 27 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #290

"Mus" à gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (KINGofCOMEDY @ Aug 27 2005, 08:51 PM)
poor Zoe...back tracked by the post of Sostie...i was going to send the URL to my fan site but YOU CAN FORGET IT NOW

Another Zoe fan site opened!

QUOTE (KINGofCOMEDY @ Aug 27 2005, 08:51 PM)
Sostie it doesn't mean your "racist" or a homophobe but if this your interpretation then that is fair enough.

I was unaware of Wildeism being a term and for my ignorance ...ummm....i'll know it is a term now that you've told me?

lol..is it so terrible to be wrong?...i don;t think so, if i made a mistake i'll accept it.

Any point i make  or the manner i choose to make it is my perogative if my point had no validity or wasn;t constructed in a way that could be understood how could someone comment?

The arc of a character within a show being in the same situation as the writer himself has been done to much acclaim...should i make an issue of you being unaware of this??

I never said EVERYTHING was a joke - the MAIN point being that Extras is a very linear comedy- i'm glad you enjoy it...and if i don;t come across as funny why aren;t you lapping my comedy up with a metaphorical spoon and defending my comic integrity from anyone who should dare question the intention of it??

The talking about Oscar Wilde when talking about a homosexual concept wasn't constructive...but why is it your main concern in what i wrote?
It always interests me that people write about the mistake or intentional "joke" and disregard the point they were attached to. The only people to take on the point has been Blind and superfurry- the rest are just english teachers.

But as far as Delboys aspirational ramblings- aspiration is universal it is a complex concept as far as a persons social perception and the need for social conspicion seen in most comedies whereas camp as a charcater trait in the guise shown in extras ( usually associated with homosexuality  though its not the association that is the problem or issue but the fact that neither are funny in representation and stereotype) is a linear subject  that i dont think is funny.

If we were talking about a character like Darling in Blackadder Goes Fourth where it is not the defining conflict in the character- it IS funny- as it gains a complexity

okay you can say it was a one show entry of a charcter with no time to ground the same complexities THEN DON'T USE IT  because its a weak idea...BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

-

And the golden rule...maybe i shouldn't have said it, it is a term i use and not neccessarily universal..it was late!

and i shouldn;t have told you to shut-up...it was rude and showed my inability to make a "WELL INFORMED"point without succombing to peurile abuse...i apologise-

but on the other hand...SHULLUP DUDE!

I'm so glad you look forward to my entries- I was gonna stop coming to this site...but now...

BLIND WHAT HAPPENED DUDE I THOUGHT WE WERE NET-BUD-DEES

*sigh* OK. So your big enough to admit some mistakes. Kudos. And you have at least tried to explain yourself. Fair play to you. But..

I still don't agree that "camp" humour is "gay" humour and vice versa.

I still don't think the inclusion of Oscar Wilde was relevant.

I still don't understand half of what your saying (and that may be one reason why people ain't getting your jokes)

So we are gonna have to agree to disagree

and I still won't shut up.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 27 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #291

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 27 2005, 11:15 PM)

Oh do we really need another? The internet is already practically littered with them.

+Quote Post
butterfly_with_a...
post Aug 28 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #292

Goth Fairy

Member No.: 3,743

QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 27 2005, 11:15 PM)
*sigh*  OK.  So your big enough to admit some mistakes. Kudos.  And you have at least tried to explain yourself. Fair play to you.  But..

I still don't agree that "camp" humour is "gay" humour and vice versa.

I still don't think the inclusion of Oscar Wilde was relevant.

I still don't understand half of what your saying (and that may be one reason why people ain't getting your jokes)

So we are gonna have to agree to disagree

and I still won't shut up.

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO! WOOOOOOO! Possibly the best reply I've known of since the invention of the word "bollocks"!

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 29 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #293

Group Icon

Just watched the final episode of 'Extras' and I have to say what a brilliant half hour of TV that was. By far the best of the series. Patrick Stewart was an excellent guest star and provided plenty of the many laughs:

"So you don't have a wife or a girlfriend and you've never seen Star Trek the Next Generation?"

"But I've already seen everything.."

Stephen Merchant was also fantastic and it was nice to see more of him in action, his reaction to 'auteured' was priceless.

The comedy wasn't what made it extraordinary for me though, that honour goes to the superb portrayal of a plutonic friendship between and a man and a woman that was so believably and movingly evident here. It's very unusual in film and TV to see members of the opposite sex having close friendships without there being a hint of romance. Having a male best friend myself (I'm going to be bridesmaid at his wedding next summer) I was particularly touched by the bond between Maggie and Andy.

"He knows you don't have a malicious bone in your body" nearly brought a tear to my eye.

Ricky and Stephen are great writers.

+Quote Post
pots
post Aug 29 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #294

escapee

Member No.: 2,818

QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 29 2005, 10:25 PM)
...plutonic friendship...

ahh, the love between a cartoon mouse and his overgrown dog.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Aug 29 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #295

Group Icon

Good call.

I deserved that "you live by the sword, you die by the sword".

+Quote Post
super_horse
post Sep 2 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #296

Tastes Like Rust

Member No.: 3,889

Some of the first sketches of Gervais in the simpsons episode he wrote here

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Sep 2 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #297

Fuelled by Dr Oetker Mozzarella Pizza™

Member No.: 3,821

Nice. Hopefully they'll fatten him up a bit though (assuming he is playing himself).

+Quote Post
m0r1arty
post Sep 2 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #298

Feel the Rainbow

From: Sitting between Civil Liberties and the Data Protection Act
Member No.: 3,341

or

though?

-m0r

+Quote Post
fear_of_pop
post Sep 2 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #299

fuzzy little man peach

Member No.: 2,279

He was a tasty dish.
And he still is. Spread him with marmite and let me at him.

huh.gif sorry.

He's actually not all that fat y'know, he goes jogging and everything! (see Heat.)

+Quote Post
maian
post Sep 2 2005, 01:18 PM
Post #300

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

I thought that the last episode was immensely sweet, funny and overall quite brilliant. I thought Patrick Stewart was fantastic in it and had some of the best lines of the show, particularly:

''You don't have a girlfriend, you live alone and you'ev never seen Star Trek? Good God...''

Liked the post-modernism there with Andy creating 'The Office', I certainly felt that it added something extra to the show that had otherwise been missing and certainly enhanced the overall tampestry that the show had created over the series.

Not sure what they are gonna do for Series 2 but as long as the writing's good then I don't really care.

I'm glad that they managed to create a good second show after such a brilliant one in the form of the Office, it would have been all too easy to have written any old crap and disappointed a lot of people but thankfully that wasn't the case.

Looking forward to that Simpsons episodes even more now.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:04 AM