Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forthcoming Albums
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Ade
Since the Media section has a thread for impending movie titles/DVD releases, I thought
it was only fair that the Music section should have a Coming Attractions thread too.

So, if your favourite band has a new recording looming on the horizon, make us all aware!

To get things rolling, I hereby nominate Supergrass : 'Road To Rouen'

1. Tales Of Endurance (Parts 4, 5 & 6)
2. St. Petersbury
3. Sad Girl
4. Roxy
5. Coffee In The Pot
6. Road To Rouen
7. Kick In The Teeth
8. Low C
9. Fin

Due out on 15th August. Hurrah!
pots
QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 12 2005, 11:29 AM)
'Road To Rouen'

oh dear.

be interesting to hear what thats like, actually. i didn't really know they were still going, they are a great band. no excuse for that pun, though.
Ade
QUOTE (pots @ Jul 12 2005, 11:32 AM)
oh dear.

be interesting to hear what thats like, actually. i didn't really know they were still going, they are a great band. no excuse for that pun, though.

There's nowt wrong with puns, my good man.
Sostie
Heard some of the new stuff the other week when I went to see them and wasn't too impressed..but will still buy the CD as they have yet to release anything totally cack.

The releases I'm looking forward to are the next 48 (or is it 49) Sufjan Stevens CDs. He's releasing a CD inspired by each state in the US. He's up to his second - "Illinoise", and its quite marvellous.
Ade
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 12 2005, 11:40 AM)
Heard some of the new stuff the other week when I went to see them and wasn't too impressed..but will still buy the CD as they have yet to release anything totally cack.

The releases I'm looking forward to are the next 48 (or is it 49) Sufjan Stevens CDs.  He's releasing a CD inspired by each state in the US.  He's up to his second - "Illinoise", and its quite marvellous.

Iowa debt of gratitude to you for making me Delaware of that one!
I'd Nevada heard of Sufjan Stevens before, Thank U, tah!

Puns rule.
Jessopjessopjessop
Lamb: Remixed

Out on 1st August, this is two CDs of Lamb's music remixed by well-known artists, and worth it for the Global Communcations remix of Gorecki alone!

Later: Compiled by Bent

July 18th. Chilled to perfection, yet with a hint of disco, this mix from festival favourites Bent is a unique and inspired journey, destined to be the summer soundtrack for the more discerning music lover

Nice topic Ade!
epleboy
Editors - The Back Room

shall be a stonkingly good album.
JeffStuka
QUOTE (epleboy @ Jul 12 2005, 12:17 PM)
Editors - The Back Room

shall be a stonkingly good album.

I'm not convinced. I'll still buy it probly but I fear their "so incredibly now it was actually yesterday and now I've got a hangover" sound and sadly lacking lyrics will grow more tiresome with each listen just as live performance and the singles have done.
Ingram
Frank Black's new album "Honeycomb" is set to do quite well I think. Whether it's any good or not is the real question. I'm not the biggest fan of the Pixies, sure I like them, but I guess they aren't everybodies cup of tea.
Ade
David Gray – ‘Life in Slow Motion’

Due out on 12th September.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 14 2005, 03:06 PM)
David Gray – ‘Life in Slow Motion’

I have nothing against David Gray, but that title makes me want to kill myself.
epleboy
QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Jul 12 2005, 11:37 AM)
I'm not convinced.  I'll still buy it probly but I fear their "so incredibly now it  was actually yesterday and now I've got a hangover" sound and sadly lacking lyrics will grow more tiresome with each listen just as live performance and the singles have done.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from there, it could well turn out to be one of those albums, that should have been so good but well... wasn't really. Anyway, here's hoping that it delivers biggrin.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
30th August: Ghost Reveries by Opeth... I can't wait, my fave band...

1. Ghost of perdition,
2. The baying of the hounds,
3. Beneath the mire,
4. Atonement,
5. Reverie/Harlequin forest,
6. Hours of wealth,
7. The grand conjuration,
8. Isolation years

That's quite strange for Opeth, at 65 minutes that's only a mere 8 and a bit minutes per song!
Ade
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jul 14 2005, 04:08 PM)
I have nothing against David Gray, but that title makes me want to kill myself.

Presumably not in slo-mo.

Still, just a little drastic perhaps.
Ingram
Iron Maiden have a new live offering coming out. Good stuff I hope.

"Death on the Road" should be out in late August:

Disc 1

1. WILDEST DREAMS
2. WRATHCHILD
3. CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS
4. TROOPER
5. DANCE OF DEATH
6. RAINMAKER
7. BRAVE NEW WORLD
8. PASCHENDALE
9. LORD OF THE FLIES

Disc 2

1. NO MORE LIES
2. HALLOWED BE THY NAME
3. FEAR OF THE DARK
4. IRON MAIDEN
5. JOURNEYMAN
6. THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST
7. RUN TO THE HILLS
superfurryandy
Super Furry Animals

Love Kraft

August 22nd

Zoom!
Atomik Lust
The Horn
Ohio Heat
Walk You Home
Lazer Beam
Frequency
Oi Frango
Psyclone!
Back On A Roll
Cloudberries
Cabin Fever
pots
mf doom and danger mouse are releasing an album together - 11th october, says pitchfork.

whitey
QUOTE (pots @ Jul 18 2005, 11:40 PM)
mf doom and danger mouse are releasing an album together - 11th october, says pitchfork.

hot damn.

-edit-
although dange rmouse is more miss than hit to my ears. we shall see.
pots
QUOTE (whitey @ Jul 18 2005, 11:45 PM)
although danger mouse is more miss than hit to my ears. we shall see.

yeah, i thought that - the grey album was a concept more than anything. it was well done but occasionally burst into moments of greatness. but match him up with doom? i reckon that'll raise his game.
whitey
I hope so. The Grey Album did have a few truly amazing tunes on it but that thing he did with Jemini was arse from soup to nuts. Doom's hypnotic patterns seem to have the ability to pull up even the most mediocre beat though.
Ingram
There is a crazy frog album coming out, please make sure to destroy as many copies as possible. A preferred method is placing one on the counter of any retailer and setting about it with a hammer. Certainly gets across a decent message.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Ingram @ Jul 18 2005, 06:41 PM)
Iron Maiden have a new live offering coming out.  Good stuff I hope.

"Death on the Road" should be out in late August:

Disc 1

1. WILDEST DREAMS
  2. WRATHCHILD
  3. CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS
  4. TROOPER
  5. DANCE OF DEATH
  6. RAINMAKER
  7. BRAVE NEW WORLD
  8. PASCHENDALE
  9. LORD OF THE FLIES

Disc 2

1. NO MORE LIES
  2. HALLOWED BE THY NAME
  3. FEAR OF THE DARK
  4. IRON MAIDEN
  5. JOURNEYMAN
  6. THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST
  7. RUN TO THE HILLS

Oho, I hadn't heard about this one... Nice one...

Is there a DVD too like when they released Rock In Rio?
Ade
(them what did that VW Golf ad remix of 'Singin' In The Rain') Mint Royale - 'See You In The Morning' (15th August).

1. Wait For You
2. The Effect On Me
3. Something New
4. Little Words
5. Harpy
6. I Don't Care
7. My Heart Is Beating Fast
8. See You In The Morning
9. World
10. Rest Your Head

The following week sees new albums from...

Fun Lovin' Criminals - 'Livin' In The City'

1. I Love Living In The City
2. How It Be
3. That Ain't Right
4. The Preacher
5. Where Do I Begin
6. Is Ya Alright
7. Gave Up On God
8. City Boy
9. Girl With The Scar
10. Mi Corazon
11. Will I Be Ready

...and Goldfrapp - 'Supernature' (although I think I may have mentioned that elsewhere).
maian
Silent Alarm: Remixed by Bloc Party gets released on August 29th, Tracklist is:

Like Eating Glass (Ladytron Zapatista Mix)
Helicopter (Whitey Version)
Positive Tension (Jason Clark of Pretty Girls Make Graves Remix)
Banquet (Phones Disco Edit)
Blue Light (Engineers "Anti Gravity" Mix)
She's Hearing Voices (Erol Alkan's Calling Your Dub)
This Modern Love (Dave P and Adam Sparkle's Making Time Remix)
The Pioneers (M83 Remix)
The Price Of Gas (Automato Remix)
So Here We Are (Fourtet Remix)
Luno (Bloc Party Vs Death From Above 1979)
Plans (Replanned by Mogwai)
Compliments (Shibuyaaka Remix by Nick Zinner)

Having heard a few Bloc Party remixes (though only the Phones Banquet Mix is the only one I've heard that appears on the album) and seeing the quality of some of the remixers and artists featured I'm quite excited about this album.
yossarian
The Mint Royale album has got 'Singin' In The Rain' on it now. It's out as a single in a week or so.
Jessopjessopjessop
Jerome Froese - Neptunes

Having heard most of the material at the Big Chill and buying the promo CD, I can safely say this is going to be stunning. The son of original Tangerine Dream member Edgar Froese, Jerome has now taken his own place in the well-known band, but is now releasing his first solo LP after forays into Drum n Bass under his TDJ Rome pseudonym.

Ade - you will lap this up like cream off breasts.
Ade
Ace!
Igmeister
22nd August -The Mitchell Brothers debut comes out, includes excuse my brother and routine check. Should be a cracker.
Ade
29th August
Johnny Cash - 4-disc, 104-track collection entitled ‘The Legend’ (£27.99 at Play.com)

26th September
Grandaddy- ‘Excerpts From the Diary of Todd Zilla’

3rd October
Franz Ferdies' - 'You Could Have It So Much Better...With Franz Ferdinand'
The Beta Band - 'Greatest Hits'

10th October
The Cardigans - 'Super Extra Gravity'
pots
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 16 2005, 06:33 PM)
26th September
Grandaddy- ‘Excerpts From the Diary of Todd Zilla’

ooh!

ooh!
Igmeister
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 16 2005, 05:33 PM)

Double ooh, Just gonna pre-order this now, cheers Ade.
Ade
Not sure if it is available yet for pre-order, but it is in the pipeline....
Igmeister
QUOTE (Ade @ Aug 16 2005, 10:20 PM)
Not sure if it is available yet for pre-order, but it is in the pipeline....

Tis on Amazon as a DVD release, but yet to appear on Play or CDwow, will wait for one of those to make it available methinks.
cky2k
HIM's new album 'Dark Light' comes out on September 26th, their new single - "Rip Out The Wings of a Butterfly" is really good, you can hear it and watch the video here.

heartagram.com
Jessopjessopjessop
Leftfield - Best Of (can you have a best of after two albums then splitting up?)

Orbital - Halcyon (Best of) - bullshit.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Prodigy - Their Law (Singles 1990-2005)

Looks good, some interesting stuff on the 2nd cd that I don't have, and it's always nice to hear live Prodge tracks.
Nonus Aequilibrium
29th August:-

Fear Factory - Transgression
Middle Class Hobo
Bell X-1 Flock
It's out in October then you'll see, oh yes you'll see *runs down the hall cackling madly*
maian
Attention all Kate Bush fans!

New album 'Aerials' is due out November 7th, her first since 1993. It is a double album and shall be preceded by a single, 'King Of The Mountain'.

Welcome back, it's been too bloody long!
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Aug 26 2005, 10:01 AM)
Orbital- Halcyon - bullshit

Further to the above, the cover:

and the tracklisting:
1. Moebius
2. Chime
3. Belfast
4. Halcyon
5. Nothing Left
6. Frenetic
7. Farenheit 303
8. Box Pt. 2
9. Philosophy By Numbers
10. Oi
11. Doctor

Just...bizarre!
JeffStuka
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Aug 26 2005, 11:01 AM)
Leftfield - Best Of (can you have a best of after two albums then splitting up?)

Would I be right in thinking that you can probably pick up both albums in a sale for less than the cost of the best of compilation?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Sep 1 2005, 12:19 PM)
Would I be right in thinking that you can probably pick up both albums in a sale for less than the cost of the best of compilation?

Probably. I guess Mssrs Barnes and Daley are a bit strapped for cash since they decided to call it a day.
Jessopjessopjessop
More forthcoming moosic:

WipeOut Pure OST

Fanstastic soundtrack featuring loads of the best artists in electronic and dance music, and includes two brand new tracks from Paul Hartnoll of the much-missed Orbital - which are feckin ace. Looks like an essential Ade-buy, I think!

This is actually due for release on 26th September, but you can buy it on super-advance from the Distinctive Records website, as I have just done.
Ade
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Aug 26 2005, 11:01 AM)

You can ignore the PM I just sent you regarding the first one, then. Doh. smile.gif

The tracklist for 'Halcyon' looks a bit lame to me. Bizarre indeed!

QUOTE (JeffStuka @ Sep 1 2005, 01:19 PM)

Probably right there Jeffster, but then the Best Of also includes five other tracks not featured on either of the two:

1. Release The Pressure
2. Afro-Left
3. Song Of Life
4. Original
5. Storm 3000
6. Open Up
7. Dusted
8. Phat Planet
9. Afrika Shox
10. Not Forgotten
11. A Final Hit - ('Trainspotting')
12. Swords
13. Shallow Grave - ('Shallow Grave', funnily enough)
14. Snakeblood - ('The Beach')
15. More Than I Know

The tracks in bold (I assume) all appeared in films, although I have never heard of Tracks 10 & 15 before - possibly new/previously unreleased material...? Hopefully Track 12 will be the standalone version of 'Swords', as featured in the soundtrack to the film 'Go'. The only other track I can think of that is missing is 'Space March', their collaborative effort with David Arnold.

A Limited Edition including a DVD with 7 video clips is also available:

* Open Up
* Original
* Afro Left
* Release The Pressure
* Afrika Shox
* Dusted
* Swords

As evidenced here: Play.com

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Sep 1 2005, 03:00 PM)
More forthcoming moosic:

WipeOut Pure OST

Looks like an essential Ade-buy, I think!

You are correct, sir!

(edited for a couple of spellies, and extra info)
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 2 2005, 03:56 PM)
The tracks in bold (I assume) all appeared in films, although I have never heard of Tracks 10 & 15 before - possibly new/previously unreleased material...? Hopefully Track 12 will be the standalone version of 'Swords', as featured in the soundtrack to the film 'Go'. The only other track I can think of that is missing is 'Space March', their collaborative effort with David Arnold.

Yeah, you might be right - those two tracks must be exclusives, not that I'm a Leftfield expert. At least they make buying that CD worth it, unlike that Halcyon bollocks.
Sostie
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Aug 26 2005, 10:01 AM)

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Sep 1 2005, 12:21 PM)
Probably. I guess Mssrs Barnes and Daley are a bit strapped for cash since they decided to call it a day.

They're probably contractual releases. In order to fulfill their recording contract they may have a certain amount of releases they still have to...well release. Depending on how many either band have left, you may well get a live or remix CD in the near future.

QUOTE (Ade @ Sep 2 2005, 03:56 PM)
10. Not Forgotten
11. A Final Hit - ('Trainspotting')
12. Swords
13. Shallow Grave - ('Shallow Grave', funnily enough)
14. Snakeblood - ('The Beach')
15. More Than I Know

The tracks in bold (I assume) all appeared in films, although I have never heard of Tracks 10 & 15 before - possibly new/previously unreleased material...?

Not forgotten was Leftfield's debut single, More Than I Know the follow up..from what I can recall, both very good.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 2 2005, 11:06 PM)
They're probably contractual releases. In order to fulfill their recording contract they may have a certain amount of releases they still have to...well release.  Depending on how many either band have left, you may well get a live or remix CD in the near future.

I know that's not the case regarding the Orbital release. Not even Orbital's management have anything to do with this CD - which probably explains the odd choices on the tracklist. Also, Orbital had finished any contracts they had with previous companies (like FFRR), and released their final 'Blue Album' on their own 'Orbital' label. According to Amazon, the company putting this CD togther have a rather extensive back catalogue of 'Best Of' releases. Shame they know bugger all about this particular artist...
Ade
QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 3 2005, 12:06 AM)
Not forgotten was Leftfield's debut single,  More Than I Know the follow up..from what I can recall, both very good.

Excellent, thankses.
rabbit57i
Children Of Nuggets

"With 100 selections, Children Of Nuggets features such standard-bearers as The Cramps, The Three O’Clock, The Dukes of Stratosphear (the alter-ego of XTC), The Rain Parade, Flamin’ Groovies, The Fleshtones, Lyres, The Hoodoo Gurus, The Chesterfield Kings, The Smithereens, and more. The collection also includes a deluxe 100-page book with tons of photos and essays by coproducers Alec Palao and Gary Stewart, Bucketfull of Brains’ Nigel Cross, and “Little Steven” Van Zandt of the popular Underground Garage radio show. This 4-CD boxed set is the missing link between the first garage rockers and the current garage revival."
Sostie
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Sep 21 2005, 05:47 PM)

I am so there smile.gif

DEPECHE MODE - Playing The Angel Oct 17.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.