Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaun / Land of the Dead Double Feature
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Downsy

Saturday 20th August sees the culmination of The Summer Screen, the joining of forces between FilmFour and Somerset House to give a great week of classic movies shown under the smog blanketed stars in the heart of London.
Saturday night will be the double bill of Shaun of the Dead and Land of the Dead. Doors open at 6:30pm, Osymyso are hopefully scheduled from 7:30 and the main feature starting at 9:30. Tickets are 12.50 available from Ticketmaster 0870 4000 603. More details can be found at the Somerset House website Get Booking !!

UPDATE !!

Empire Online are running a competition to win tickets for this great event, click HERE for a chance to win
Silky
Mayhaps a Spaced-Out outing is called for? tongue.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Is there another way to get tickets other than through ticketmaster?

Wife Of Rolex
Downsy
Not that I'm aware of but I'll see what is around
The Mystery Machine
It sounds great. Has anyone else seen a film @ Somerset House? I've been to outdoor screens before and they've been a bit crap...couldn't hear it over drunks, couldn't see it because the screen was rubbish etc. If it's well done it's sounds like a really good night.... biggrin.gif
Hobbes
I would come, buit isn't LOTD an 18?
thirtyhelens
With very special guests, according to AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20874
Wife Of Rolex
I can't get a ticket!! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif *Wails!*

Hobbes - As far as I know LotD is a 15.

Wife Of Rolex
kiss my empty bag
how comes you cannot get a ticket
Wife Of Rolex
Cos tickets are only available on Ticketmaster and I have no credit details to give to book them. rolleyes.gif If anyone would be kind enough to book one on my behalf...yeah, thought that was a longshot!

Wife Of Rolex
feckless_dykey_prostitute
i really wanna go to this now...trying to get tickets ohmy.gif

is anyone DEFINATELY going?
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 25 2005, 11:21 AM)
I would come, buit isn't LOTD an 18?

no it's definately a 15
yay just got tickets! smile.gif
anyone going?
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Jul 31 2005, 01:10 PM)
yay just got tickets!  smile.gif
anyone going?

I'm definetly going...

...if someone gets me a ticket! tongue.gif

Wife Of Rolex

This is wearing thin now, isn't it? sad.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Not anymore....

WIFEY'S GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mate only went and got me a ticket as an early birthday present, despite not being able to come herself. Whatta goodun!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If you see me say hello.

Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 9 2005, 11:20 PM)
Not anymore....
WIFEY'S GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mate only went and got me a ticket as an early birthday present, despite not being able to come herself. Whatta goodun!!

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

If you see me say hello.

Wife Of Rolex

woo hoo! GO YOU WIFEY!

I'm going as well....so happeeeeeeeee biggrin.gif
Wife Of Rolex
I'll see you there. biggrin.gif You won't be able to miss me. I'll be a beacon of red and pink! Having said that, I'm actually still waiting for the tickets to arrive in the post. Hope they're not late. sad.gif

So who else of the forum is going?

Wife Of Rolex
hee hee...beacon. love that word! i'm sure they wont be late. mine came 4 days after i ordered them
Wife Of Rolex
Ok I got my ticket this morning. biggrin.gif

Just so I know, is it a case of first come first serve with the seats? If I'm at the back of the queue I'll be in the back row but if I get there early I'll have a shot at front row? Is that how it works?

Look, I'm naive...gimme a break.

Wife Of Rolex
sorry i don't know the answer to that....i didn't actually know there were seats because on the website it says to bring a rug or something to sit on. thats what i was gonna do anyway

INFO HERE AT BOTTOM OF WEBPAGE
Wife Of Rolex
Thank Simon's shoes you mentioned that! I'd have made a right tit of meself other wise. I thought it was paved inside Somerset House so thought there'd be seats. Not sure if my back will take it but I'll have to suffer. There's a sale on at Tesco. I'll get me a nice rug.

Wife Of Rolex
castewar
Huzzah! Have fun, you guys. A local rep cinema played them together last week and it was way too much fun. A perfect pair. I'm half tempted to see if they'll do more pairings like that.
CazBag
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 16 2005, 11:57 PM)
There's a sale on at Tesco. I'll get me a nice rug.

Wife Of Rolex

You'd better see if they've got any matching brollys too by the look of the weather! sad.gif

Enjoy yourselves you lucky things!!!
hey hey thanx cazbag and castewar! ....can't wait biggrin.gif

EDIT: oh yeah, anyone have any idea what time it finishes?
Wife Of Rolex
Well I've got myself a fold up chair rather than a rug to sit on. My back just won't cope with over 4 hours sat on the floor, I'm a martyr to my spasms!

Apparently it's only going to be showers that'll have mostly cleared by the evening. But I'm taking a big brolly just in case.

Wife Of Rolex
Kick in the Head
Win tickets to the double feature at Empire Online!

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/ne...p?news_id=17047

Like Edgar's drinking game tip:

And, thanks to Edgar, we've been tipped off about a way in which you can enhance the audio-visual experience considerably: a Shaun/Land drinking game. It's genius!

To play the Shaun drinking game: take a drink/sip/shot every time someone says the 'F' word, or gets hit on the head. (This happens a lot)

To play the Land drinking game: take a drink/sip/shot every time lead zombie Big Daddy roars, or there's a shot where some poor unfortunate gets their guts munched.
cool...might try that! biggrin.gif

wonder who else is gonna be there then?
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 18 2005, 05:35 PM)
Well I've got myself a fold up chair rather than a rug to sit on. My back just won't cope with over 4 hours sat on the floor, I'm a martyr to my spasms!

Apparently it's only going to be showers that'll have mostly cleared by the evening. But I'm taking a big brolly just in case.

Wife Of Rolex

Liked the idea so I brought myself a fold up chair (well, my mum did). It's a 'beacon' of red and black smile.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Mine's a 'beacon' of newspaper. happy.gif

Having had a closer look at the weather I think I'll get away without a brolly after all. Unless I manage to pick one up on the way for under a tenner I'm still without a blanket so I'll have to bring my fluffy purple poncho to keep me warm. It'll clash but needs must.

*sigh* The trials of being a fashion icon. Sometimes it's just too much. tongue.gif

Wife Of Rolex
CazBag
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 19 2005, 05:37 PM)
Mine's a 'beacon' of newspaper.  happy.gif

Having had a closer look at the weather I think I'll get away without a brolly after all. Unless I manage to pick one up on the way for under a tenner I'm still without a blanket so I'll have to bring my fluffy purple poncho to keep me warm. It'll clash but needs must.

Wife Of Rolex

CazBag's scooped herself a ticket! Yey! I'll look out for that fluffy purple poncho!
QUOTE (CazBag @ Aug 20 2005, 08:10 AM)
CazBag's scooped herself a ticket!  Yey!  I'll look out for that fluffy purple poncho!

Yay! CazBag's going aswell! smile.gif Have to polish my eyes so that I can actually see the purple poncho.

*sigh* I have such bad eyesight...
Wife Of Rolex
Well I've managed to fit my poncho, camera, glasses, a pot of minstrels, packet of Orbit Professional, travelcard and ticket into my little red bag. Just need to put on my pink heels and I'm ready.

See you there. smile.gif

Wife Of Rolex
hee hee I didn't know what you meant by ticket. Musn't forget that or I'll be in big trouble wacko.gif

Glasses....must remember my glasses...
sleeping_pirate
I'm going tonight, yey!

Probably won't be able to stay to watch Land of the Dead because I can't get home too late sad.gif
Yay! Cool hope to see you there! (don't know how but i'll find a way)

Look out for Wifey's purple poncho! Follow the poncho...
sleeping_pirate
laugh.gif Will do!

Just noticed you're from West Norwood, I'm from Croydon smile.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Just got back. Blimey, just as well I left just after the Shaun credits, I'd have been stuck! Well did anyone see my poncho? The big purple voluminous fluffy thing?

I get there a good 2 hours early to nab myself a good spot near the front when I notice the sign: NO CHAIRS ALLOWED. Balls! Well there's no way I'm sitting on the floor. It's fucking cobbles! My back, and arse for that matter, would be in agony. So I ask someone if it's alright to just put up my chair at the very back, out of peoples way and explained about my back. I only bagged myself a proper seat in the special area next to the projecter. cool.gif biggrin.gif I was on a little platform above everyone and directly in front of the screen. I had the whole space to myself and even my own security guard. When a couple tried to sit across from me he had them leave as they didn't have permission like me!! laugh.gif It was quite a giggle really. The twins were there and OH MY DAYS they love being stopped and doing fan photos. They did the zombie look every time. And it was their birthday so Simon sang happy birthday to them during the introduction and Edgar told us to cheer when they came on screen, which everybody duly did. biggrin.gif

Of course there had to be a downside to this and that was being bloody miles away from Simon, Edgar, Peter and Kate when they come out to open the screening. Simon said 'Hands up those who love zombies!' and everyone, including me, stuck their arms up. Couldn't take any photos as I was too far away. And if truth be told I was feeling a bit lonesome up there by meself. Ah well.

Would loved to have stayed for Land Of The Dead but I would've missed my last train home. Couldn't even stay for Simon & Edgar's cameos. I think they started it a bit late for a double bill. Shaun should've been on at 8:30 really. But I guess that was heavily made up for by Osymyso's set, which was brilliant. I especially liked at the end clearly Simon doing his best ad voice 'Osymyso, ask about it at your local pharmacist' and Pete doing his Wogan with 'That Osymyso fella'. happy.gif

And even though I could barely see Simon's facial features from where I was I could just see that he was wearing a t-shirt with Nick's face.

Wife Of Rolex

At Home

Back You In The Studio...
CazBag
Well, what can I say, what a fantastic evening!

The evening kicked off by Osymyso on his decks (who may I add looks remarkably like Edgar) before Simon, Edgar, Peter and Kate came on to introduce SOTD. The open air viewing went down a treat with lots of laughs. Such a great atmosphere. There were about 2000 people in Somerset house last night. Nice big screen and good sound. The zombie smashing sounded pretty good with the echoed effect in the courtyard.

There were loads of the other cast in the audience including Rafe who plays Noel, the big garden zombie who gets hit by flying records and the zombie twins.

After SOTD had finished there was about a half hour break until Simon and Edgar did a superb job of introducing LOTD which went down a treat. Everyone cheered when their cameo appearances came on.

As always the guys were great when approached by people hassling for photos and autographs. Peter seemed rather overwhelmed when mobbed for his autograph. I went over to see the radiant Simon in the gap between films to have a little chat and gave him my congratulations for the film and of course getting married. Such a genuine nice bloke. I also wanted to say hi to Edgar but he'd disappeared. I went over to get a photo for the forum of the zombie twins and they both said that they come on to this forum regularly. I'll try and get a couple of photos up as soon as I've got the film developed ... must invest in a digital camera!

Got home about 4am in the end - definitely well worth it. If Somerset house do the Summer Screen event next year, it's well recommended. Just remember to take yourself a blanket and cushions!
sleeping_pirate
That was the best night of my entire life! I met Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright, Peter Serafinowicz and Kate Ashfield!!!

Met Simon first and me and my friend were the first to spot him, so we got the chance for a chat and a couple of pictures before he was completely mobbed. He was so lovely!

Then I spotted Edgar Wright and me and my mate legged it over to him and got his autograph. We told him we thought he was sexy and he did his funny little laugh and said "thanks!"

THEN we saw Peter! He has to be one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, and surprisingly handsome! He was really shy and quiet and we had a little chat with him. He signed my Spaced DVD (along with Edgar and Simon) and my friend got to have a pic with him but sadly I didn't.

After the film we spoke to Edgar again and had our photos taken with him and spoke to him for about 5 minutes or so. Then we spotted Kate Ashfield but to be honest she was pretty grumpy and acted as if giving her autograph to people was a major inconvenience.

Made friends with Nick and Kev the twin zombies as well! We were the first to realise who they were and we had photos with them and they signed my ticket. Really cool guys!

Brilliant evening overall!!!
sleeping_pirate
Here are a couple of my photos if anyone's interested. I'm the one in the stripy top looking slightly dazed by it all!

Simon!
Us and Edgar
My friend and Peter
Cute Edgar
Oh my gosh! What can i say, a fantastic night!

The osymyso set was brilliant and me and my freind were loving it all night! first of all i met Simon, who was a lovely guy and genuinly nice to talk to. he signed my autograph book and leant on it for a couple more autographs cos he couldn't write properly. He was looking very sexy by the way. Loved his T-shirt with Nick's face on it!

Anyway next spotted the zombie twins and thought that they were really cute! Made friends with them because they were really nice.

Next spotted little Edgar Wright and ran up to him. We were the first to run up to him, but the last to get his autograph. We spoke to Edgar and then took pictures of him.

We next saw a crowd of people gathering round someone and ran up to discover that it was Peter Serafinowicz. He looked really nice and trendy. Didn't manage to get his autograph though as he was so overwhelmed that he had to go.

I did, however, get Sarah Alexander's (Coupling) autograph. She was really nice and spoke to me for a bit about the film and how big a fan I am. She was obviously there with Pete though!

I agree, Kate Ashfield did look a bit grumpy, but I didn't even see her anywhere except when she went onstage to introduce the films.

When Simon, Edgar & co came on stage eveyone cheered so loud. My voice was going! Simon said 'Hands up if you like Zombies!' and everyone put there hands up! They spoke for a bit more and then the film came on. I took some pics of them on the stage so will post them when I get them.

By the way, Cazbag, I agree that Osymyso really looked like Edgar. I was gonna go up to him, but in the end decided not to.

Land of the Dead was amazing! It had some funny and fab zombie killings and Edgar asked the audience to cheer for them and we did. He also asked us to cheer when the audience spotted Edagr and Simon, which everyone also did.

Got home at 3.00am and couldn't sleep cos i was so excited, but I did finally get to sleep and dreamt of Nick Frost (wierd...).

All in all I enjoyed it so much and want to do it all over again! I met the people I really like!

Hope everyone else had the best time!!!

ZOMBIES RULE!

EDIT: Oh my gosh, Sleeping Pirate! That was you! I kept seeing you and your friend where Simon & Edgar & Co were! If I'd known, I would've said Hi!
Wife Of Rolex
Aww, they're great pics. Kinda makes me think I shouldn't have blagged that seat and just settled for the pain instead. sad.gif In that one of Simon if you look between the bottom of the right side of the projecter and the person's head there's a blurry pink spot. That's me! laugh.gif

I could feel the atmosphere but I felt a little out of it as I was on my own. I'm usually actually alright by myself but I did feel a bit lonely last night.

Wife Of Rolex
Aww Wifey, I would have come and said Hello but I didn't see you at the back cos I was at the front....otherwise I would have said something! smile.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Don't worry about it. I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to spot me from there anyway. wink.gif

But having seen what times you's got home I'm glad I left when I did. I would've been seriously stuck. Phew!

I've always got the impression that Kate Ashfield was slightly offhand from the cast commentary on the DVD so I'm not surprised she seemed a bit huffy.

Wife Of Rolex
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Aug 21 2005, 01:06 PM)
EDIT: Oh my gosh, Sleeping Pirate! That was you! I kept seeing you and your friend where Simon & Edgar & Co were! If I'd known, I would've said Hi!

biggrin.gif My Spaced/SOTD radar was going wild last night, I managed to spot all of the guys before nearly anyone else!

So are Sarah Alexander and Peter a couple? She's one lucky lady, he looked lovely last night!
sleeping_pirate
Oooh one other thing, in this photo of us with Edgar I have a feeling that's his dad in the background (who resembles Steven Spielberg!) Can anyone confirm this?
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Aug 21 2005, 03:08 PM)
Oooh one other thing, in this photo of us with Edgar I have a feeling that's his dad in the background (who resembles Steven Spielberg!) Can anyone confirm this?

I can't confirm that is his dad, but if it it, he does look an awful lot like his dad. Sarah Alexander is definately Pete's girlfriend though, no doubt.
CazBag
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Aug 21 2005, 01:06 PM)
By the way, Cazbag, I agree that Osymyso really looked like Edgar. I was gonna go up to him, but in the end decided not to.

In fact I was thinking when I was there ... that wouldn't have been his brother Oscar would it ... that would explain the Osy part of the DJ name?

And I did see you guys there - if I knew who you were I would've said hi!!! I was near the front too. And Wifey ... I could see you from the front! I did spot you a few times but I didn't want to seem a complete tit and say 'hi are you wifey?' just in case you weren't! Could've been a tad embarassing! And good job on blagging that seat!
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (CazBag @ Aug 21 2005, 07:13 PM)
In fact I was thinking when I was there ... that wouldn't have been his brother Oscar would it ... that would explain the Osy part of the DJ name?
I was thinking that too. When I arrived I had to look twice as I thought it was Edgar up there. Plus Edgar gave him a hug earlier on in the evening, so they obviously knew each other.
So, out of interest, what did everyone where to this? I know about Wifey, and I now know I saw sleeping pirate and her friend, but Cazbag, what about you? Where abouts at the front were you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.