Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which film have you seen the most times?
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Blind I/O
Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Sword in The Stone, Aladdin (and Return of Jaffar), Snow White... The list of Disney films better than Beauty and the Beast just goes on and on.

I smell a poll...
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Blind I/O @ Aug 2 2005, 10:19 PM)
Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Sword in The Stone, Aladdin (and Return of Jaffar), Snow White... The list of Disney films better than Beauty and the Beast just goes on and on.

I smell a poll...

You smell it, cos it would be shit. Public opinions are naturally slanted against the moe intelligent choices.

Everyone who disagrees with my assessment is, as I have pointed out, wrong. It's that simple.
A-Friend
I very rarely see a film at the cinema more than once, but, memory,:

Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves x 2
Gladiator x 2
Romeo an Juliet x 2

All because of seeing them with different people.

as for non-cinematic repeat viewings ... would have to be My Cousin Vinny (probably around 20-30 times)
Henry Krinkle
QUOTE (Blind I/O @ Aug 2 2005, 10:19 PM)
I smell a poll...

Okay, just don't include any of the Disney/Pixar movies, or we'll already know what's coming in the top 6 spots. smile.gif
Amazongirl
I think it was Harry potter and the philosiphers stone I think i saw that about 6-8 times(even though it was PANTS!) I think it was A-I couldnt balive this film i was looking forward to so much was so bad B-Rupert grint Rocked and C- Sean biggerstaff... wub.gif

I did see Prisioner of Azkaban 3 times on the premier day(well in 24 hours). Was first in the queue, was let out the fire exit the other side of the cinema where the end of the queue for the next showing was, which we joined, then we saw the 12:05am showing. Saw it again 2 days later and then again the week after that...
Raven
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 26 2005, 11:41 AM)
I saw Fellowship of the Ring 3 times in 4 days, but that's the most for me I think.

Zoe - you are just plain weird. Don't you know that's 21+ hours of your life gone on one film? You crazy.

Speaks the man who saw the same film three times in four days . . . wink.gif

At a guess I would have to say Star Wars but I honestly have no idea how many times I have seen it (must be well over 50 though - since 1977).

Recently my most watched films have probably been Pleasantville and Enigma - I have no idea why I keep re-watching these two films or what makes them so watchable but I know I've seen both of them four or five times each over the last couple of years.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 26 2005, 06:41 AM)
Zoe - you are just plain weird. Don't you know that's 21+ hours of your life gone on one film? You crazy.

Yes, but if Svein's claim to having seen Braveheart in the cinema 16 times holds up, then that's 47 hours of his life gone on one film. tongue.gif

As for me, the film I've seen the most in the cinema is, I'm almost ashamed to admit, Independence Day. And for video, I would watch Jurassic Park about once per day back in '93-'94, to the point where I could recite the entire film from memory, including musical cues...
fatseff1234
I rarely go to the cinema to be honest and i think that the only film ive seen more than once was Rat Race, i watched it 3 or 4 times it was that funny
Shrubbery
Indiana Jones raiders of the lost ark.

Because I watched it "every" time I was at my fathers place as a kid. I've probably seen it over 20 times.
Downsy
Seen A New Hope probably 17 or 18 times at the cinema and most likely upwards of 50 times at home. Still a sweet film although nowadays I tend to fall asleep during Empire. It must be a womb like experience smile.gif
Igmeister
I went to see Good Will Hunting 6 times. And I cried like a big girl every time, at least it got me into Elliott Smith.
Zoe
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Aug 5 2005, 04:27 AM)
And for video, I would watch Jurassic Park about once per day back in '93-'94, to the point where I could recite the entire film from memory, including musical cues...

Yep I saw Jurassic Park 4 times at the cinema, I was 12 and it had quite the effect on me.
Archduke_Chocula
This years top winner so far is Star Wars Episode III with 4

Followed by Sin City with 3

1) [8] X-Men
2) [7] Fellowship of the Ring
3) ?

X-men is only #1 because I saw it free a whole bunch of times, FotR got by because the last two viewings were because I got locked out of my house one time and had to watch it again for a book report the other [and yeah I did read the book, it was for comparison]

Too many films at #3 spot because I see some movies 5 times, too many to remember.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Archduke_Chocula @ Aug 5 2005, 08:53 PM)
This years top winner so far is Star Wars Episode III with 4

Erm....why?
Nonus Aequilibrium
Independance Day 3 times I think.

When it comes down to video, I think I've probably seen Predator the most... I know quite a bit of the script.
nixygirl
I'd have to say Lost Boys....altho looking back now I've no idea why.
I went every weekend for an enitre summer with a group of friends to a drive in with it playing. We'd get pissed, and shag whilst it was playing.
Well...some shagged...I watched the movie.
luvs nix
Shrubbery
QUOTE (nixygirl @ Aug 7 2005, 05:59 PM)
I'd have to say Lost Boys....altho looking back now I've no idea why.
I went every weekend for an enitre summer with a group of friends to a drive in with it playing. We'd get pissed, and shag whilst it was playing.
Well...some shagged...I watched the movie.
luvs nix

Lost boys has a great score. And it's still fairly amusing to see it. I like ...
Ingram
The collective LotR trilogy around double figures... The Two Towers 4 or 5 times.
meh
Ah Ingram, you put me to shame. I was going to say return of the King three times, but now that sounds ridiculously pathetic!
curtinparloe
I've seen Batman twice.

And Return of the King, because I promised to see it with my ex wife. Bitch.
gulfcoast_highwayman
At the pictures it would have to be the one and only Star Wars.

Saw it on it's own a couple of times when it first came out, saw it as a double bill with Empire and as part of the triple bill with Empire and ROTJ. Also saw the special edition.
sweetbutinsane
I have only ever seen one film twice - and therefore more than once - at the cinema (*prepares to be beaten with wooden planks*) and that film was ...

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (*prepares to be beaten with wooden planks with rusty nails in them*)
zeden
I've only ever seen any one film twice at the cinema and only ever because it was for nights out with mates.

I've seen Fight Club more than 35 times, a mix of with and without commentary. Not watched it for about two years now, the appeal has lessened now I know almost all the dialogue and can remember it almost shot by shot.
Drifter
probably The Two Towers - about 4 times

Aliens I know I watched 3 times in the cinema
Kick in the Head
I've seen quite a few films at the cinema twice, each time with different people though, and quite often I'll see it on its initial release, and then maybe again a few months later when the prints swing by Prince Charles Cinema in London (or Strode Theatre in Somerset).

Though the only film I've seen twice at the cinema this year is Lady Vengeance. I definitely saw Jurassic Park twice in one week (what 8 year old boy wouldn't?), and I also saw The Incredibles twice, but that was because I had to check whether the reason I didn't enjoy it first time was because I was in a bad mood or something. This was not the case - I still think it is pretty crap.
shinyelvenqueen
It seems for most people its Star Wars or LOTR, Guess which one I saw the most....

FOTR - 4 times
TT - 5 times
ROTK - 2 times (Just becuase the other two had me captivated the most)

I saw the phantom menace a few times too, but the newness of these films didnt grab me as much.
Chutney
Would have to be Goodfellas I'd have thought. Was a time when a drug and booze fuelled Saturday night out wasn't a true drug and booze fuelled Saturday night out unless it ended back home watching this as, ahem, chill-out material.
dandan
QUOTE (Chutney @ Nov 14 2006, 09:21 AM)
Would have to be Goodfellas I'd have thought.  Was a time when a drug and booze fuelled Saturday night out wasn't a true drug and booze fuelled Saturday night out unless it ended back home watching this as, ahem, chill-out material.

but you didn't live in a cinema, did you chuts? now, i expect some people to misread the thread, but not you. i expect more from you...
Chutney
QUOTE (dandan @ Nov 14 2006, 09:08 AM)
but you didn't live in a cinema, did you chuts? now, i expect some people to misread the thread, but not you. i expect more from you...

You've gotta remember, I'm old school as far as message boards go - I read the subject, not the sodding subtitle. Subtitles are for jodhpur scoffers - everyone knows that.
Jinx
The Matrix - 3 times
Seven - 3 times
Boyz 'N The Hood - 4 times
empathy-with-beast
Shrek 2.

Let this be a warning to you all before you let small children into your life. I've seen that Home on the Range movie where Rosanne Barr is an animated cow. Has anybody else seen that film even once?

Edit: Actually it might have been Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet, I had quite a complicated love life for a sixteen year old and ended up seeing it with multiple people. Also I liked how noisy it was at the begining.
maian
I've seen a fair few films at the cinema twice including Superman Returns, Revenge of the Sith, Serenity, Les Choristes and Jurassic Park (which I will soon have seen three times at the cinema as my Uni are doing a special showing of it.)

However, the film I've seen most at the cinema (as mentioned in the film thread) is The Mask which I saw every week for two months when it was released, which works out as about 7 or 8 times.

Unlike most people I've only ever seen the LOTR films once at the cinema each, primarily because at the time they were released I was still living at home and it's a 40 drive to the nearest cinema or an hour long bus ride followed by a 40 minute walk, neither of which seemed like a good enough reason to see any of the films again especially when I knew the extended editions would be released anyway.
Starscream`s Ghost
Amazingly enough, I've never been to see a film more than once at the cinema.

I'm expecting that to probably change next July.
shinyelvenqueen
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Nov 14 2006, 02:13 PM)

Oh yes biggrin.gif
empathy-with-beast
Actually I think I saw Phantom Menace several times. I had a lot of free time in the summer of 99, enough time to sit in a cinema going "Oh, oh God! He's runing my childhood!" several times over.
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Chutney @ Nov 14 2006, 09:17 AM)
Subtitles are for jodhpur scoffers - everyone knows that.

Wow, what's a jodhpur scoffer and could you spell it phonetically so I know how to pronounce it?
Sean of the Dead
The only film I've seen more than once in the cinema is Dodgeball, I saw it twice within 3 weeks, unsurprisingly it was not quite as funny second time round.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I saw Rocky 4 twice in three days.

Once at a preview on a Thursday night (along with half my school, it was right in Leeds city centre and we all went down for the freebies one lunchtime) and then me and my best mate were in town on the Saturday and just thought 'let's see it again'.

Looking at it now it really is shit. Rocky 3 kicks it's ass.
Omniscia
I don't tend to see films many times over, in the cinema, because by the time you've seen it thrice, you've nearly paid for the DVD. If it's a really good film, I will go a second time, schedule permitting.

I did catch Independence Day (of all films) about 4 times, however...
Chutney
QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Nov 14 2006, 09:01 PM)
Wow, what's a jodhpur scoffer and could you spell it phonetically so I know how to pronounce it?

Well now, what's a jodhpur scoffer? Good question, made it up on the spot because the two words sounded good together, so I don't really have any provenance to impart here. Probably spelled jodhpur wrong - pronounced jod-per, those tight cream horse riding pants.

So it's someone who eats those. Obvious really.
zeden
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 14 2006, 10:07 PM)
I saw Rocky 4 twice in three days.

Looking at it now it really is shit. Rocky 3 kicks it's ass.

Madness. Drago is a far better enemy than Sugar Lips and Clubber Lang. Plus Rocky 4 has the death of Creed and James Brown. Rocky 3 is the one where Pauly gets a robot isn't it? That's how bad it is.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Nov 14 2006, 02:13 PM)

Que?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 15 2006, 12:01 PM)
Madness. Drago is a far better enemy than Sugar Lips and Clubber Lang. Plus Rocky 4 has the death of Creed and James Brown. Rocky 3 is the one where Pauly gets a robot isn't it? That's how bad it is.

James Brown doesn't die in Rocky 4.

Clubber Lang and Thunderlips (The Ultimate Male) are part of what make Rocky 3 possibly the most 80's film ever.
zeden
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 15 2006, 02:15 PM)
Que?

TRANSFORMERS!

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Nov 15 2006, 02:29 PM)
James Brown doesn't die in Rocky 4.

Clubber Lang and Thunderlips (The Ultimate Male) are part of what make Rocky 3 possibly the most 80's film ever.

Okay, perhaps I should have taken a little more care to state that Mr Brown's inclusion was an asset to the film, not that he and Creed die.
Thunderlips! Of course, I knew there was something not quite right with that.
We'll never agree on this so I'm leaving it.

I think Rocky 5 is better than 3 as well by the way. tongue.gif
gulfcoast_highwayman
Oh, now you're just being silly...............
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Chutney @ Nov 15 2006, 09:10 AM)
Well now, what's a jodhpur scoffer?  Good question, made it up on the spot because the two words sounded good together, so I don't really have any provenance to impart here.  Probably spelled jodhpur wrong - pronounced jod-per, those tight cream horse riding pants.

So it's someone who eats those.  Obvious really.

Ahh, okay - thank you! smile.gif Hehe, very good insult by the way.
Simone
Saving Private Ryan -11
The Two Towers, Return of the King, Phantom of the Opera- 7
Star Wars Episodes I, II & III - 5
Hot Fuzz- 4
Zoe
You saw 'Saving Private Ryan' 11 times at the cinema?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Zoe @ Mar 15 2007, 05:15 PM)
You saw 'Saving Private Ryan' 11 times at the cinema?

Someone's worried her record is about to be shattered.
Simone
Unbelievable isn't it but yes I did. 4 times during the first weekend showing, and then everyday the ff week. tongue.gif

I love my Tom Hanks. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.