Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which film have you seen the most times?
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dandan
i started this thread on another forum and it was quite interesting, so i thought i'd start it here too...

for me, it's 'who framed roger rabbit?'; it was the christmas holidays and i saw it three times in a week.

i've also seen a few things twice; 'return of the jedi', 'dick tracy' (don't ask), 'bill and ted's excellent adventure' and 'terminator 2'...
m0r1arty
Trading Places and Commando

Used to watch them every day after school for about 3 years, so probably seen them about 200 times each

oh my!

-m0r

EDIT: oh at the cinema, erm, Independace day 4 times - 3 different girlfriends within a month who all wanted to see it (why?) and all my buds wanted to go too.
Zoe
I saw 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' seven times at the cinema.

It's my not so secret shame.
maian
I saw the Mask 7 times when it first came out, everytime my Dad and me were within a few miles of a cinema I'd make sure that we went to see it.
Hobbes
I saw Fellowship of the Ring 3 times in 4 days, but that's the most for me I think.

Zoe - you are just plain weird. Don't you know that's 21+ hours of your life gone on one film? You crazy.
kateykinz
I was unfortunate enough to have to sit through Phantom Menace 3 times because different sets of friends wanted to see it.

Through my own choice I have seen the following films twice - Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, Garden State, Billy Elliott and Chicken Run. I'm sure there are more but not that I can think of off the top of my head.
Stella MM
Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet. 8 times. Actually, by the 8th time even my previously undiminished teenage lust for old Squinty DiCaprio was starting to wane.
Jessopjessopjessop
'The Phantom Menace' (oh yes) x 4.

'Star Wars' & 'Empire' Special Editions x 3.

I like to see things twice too - most recently 'Sideways' and 'Spirited Away'.
Svein
Saw Braveheart 16 times in the theatre...
Henry Krinkle
I must have seen Leon, Scream, and This Is Spinal Tap at least 50 times each (being at Uni left with lots of spare time on my hands). When I was very young we only had about 4 Beta Max tapes, so I probably saw Star Wars (not A New Hope, STAR WARS!!!) at least a hundred times over the years as it was on a loop. Ditto Police Academy (althought that was on VHS, not Beta).
Recently, I've seen Amelie and The Incredibles loads, I estimate I'm up to about 30 on Amelie. It's not unusual for me to watch a film I like at least three or four times.
kateykinz
but at the cinema??
Blind I/O
Pssst, HK... Read the topic...

EDIT: I still like the way I put it...
Zoe
Oh, if we're not just talking trips to the cinema here I suspect it's 'The Empire Strikes Back' I wouldn't want to guess how many times I've seen it.

Coming up fast from behind would be 'When Harry Met Sally', 'Wayne's World', 'Pretty in Pink' and Arnie's eighties sci-fi classics.
ipse dixit
Saw The Two Towers and The Return of the King three times each. Fellowship I only saw twice.

Outside the cinema, I reckon it's Dazed and Confused.
Svein
If we're talking of all time, then Empire has to take it as well...
Sostie
Probably Reservoir Dogs, about 7 or 8 times at the cinema. After that Breakfast Club, Close Encounters & Pulp Fiction about 3 or 4 times.

Couldn't say what I've seen the most at home, though I did watch Gregory's Girl 13 times in 3 days.
Lady Krinkle
A Bug's Life. It was the first CGI film I'd seen and every time I watched it I could see something new. I love that film (although I'm an animator so I'm a bit biased!).
Henry Krinkle
QUOTE (kateykinz @ Jul 26 2005, 12:23 PM)
but at the cinema??

QUOTE (Blind I/O @ Jul 26 2005, 12:23 PM)
Pssst, HK... Read the topic...
EDIT: I still like the way I put it...

Ahhhh, whatever.... reading the smallprint is for loosers... tongue.gif

Apologies.

If its cinema then Scream, 5 times.
spacegurl
At the cinema;
Romeo and Juliet twice
Armageddon twice
Magnolia twice
Zoe
Jeez, I see nearly anything I like twice at the flicks.

Loser I am.
Miggins
I'm really quite ashamed. I think it was one of the Police Academy films from around 1986 and I think I saw it four times. In my defence, we used to always go to the cinema on a Friday night and if there was nothing new on, you just went to see the same films over and over again. I think I saw Teenwolf three times.
Withnail
I saw Aliens four times in one week when it first came out. rolleyes.gif
super_horse
small soldiers bout 3 times over a veraity of weeks
superfurryandy
Star Wars - 3 times - I was nine years old and it blew my mind.

SOTD - 3 times - blagged it into the first press screening - got a freebie for the ICA screening, and then my mates paid for me to see it as they hadn't.
Shack
I think the only one I did see twice was Austin Powers II.

And that was because I was on a double date and everyone else wanted to see it even though I already had.

I think that's about it to be honest, I just don't go to the cinema enough (sobs).
dandan
well, i offered you those tickets to the 'herbie - fully loaded' regional premier and you turned your nose up at them...

we can go and see 'batman begins' again if you want?
Link
I don't really go to see films more than once at the cinema, but I went to see Return of the King a second time just because I realised that it was a pretty momentous event in cinema, and would probably become our generation's Star Wars, and for that reason I owed it a second viewing.
Shack
QUOTE (dandan @ Jul 26 2005, 01:16 PM)
well, i offered you those tickets to the 'herbie - fully loaded' regional premier and you turned your nose up at them...

we can go and see 'batman begins' again if you want?

I didn't turn my nose up, I merely suggested that the film itself might be an absolute sack of shite. You should have dragged me out and then maybe I wouldn't have done any gardening and knackered my back up.

It's all your fault really.

As for your Batman plan - I'd rather go and see Fantastic Four for the first time than watch batman again, even though I thought it was jolly good.
Ade
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 26 2005, 12:49 PM)
Jeez, I see nearly anything I like twice at the flicks.

Loser I am.

Me too.

Watch fillums I like twice at the flicks, I mean. Nowt loser-y about it, Zozzle.
I think I saw Shaun Of The Dead at least three or four times at the flicks at final tally.

Saw Ghostbusters twice, as I did all three LOTR films, oh, and Hitchhiker's Guide.

Um.
Jessopjessopjessop
If we're talking videos too, then Predator, Aliens and Empire must be 20-30 times each.
dandan
QUOTE (Shack @ Jul 26 2005, 02:38 PM)
It's all your fault really.

As for your Batman plan - I'd rather go and see Fantastic Four for the first time than watch batman again, even though I thought it was jolly good.

sorry about the back, but i blame the addictive qualities of weeding...

as for the 'fantastic four', i say, why not. it's a date, but in a non-gay way...
whitey
Probably Reservoir Dogs. Saw that one way too many times.
Shack
QUOTE (dandan @ Jul 26 2005, 01:45 PM)
sorry about the back, but i blame the addictive qualities of weeding...

as for the 'fantastic four', i say, why not. it's a date, but in a non-gay way...

How's about Thursday?

Although we could easily have this discussion at home later. I'm making bangers and mash - but you didn't need to know that. I've bought special sausages from Waitrose......
dandan
we could, but why waste time at home, when we can be paid to have this discussion at work?

mmm, sausages...
Stantz
If where not talking cinema than I went though a faze of watching Terminator 2 and gremlins every day when i was a kid. I watch Ghostbusters at lest once a month. but the film ive seen the most has got to be Evil Dead 2
rabbit57i
QUOTE (superfurryandy @ Jul 26 2005, 07:49 AM)
Star Wars - 3 times - I was nine years old and it blew my mind.

Same here, but I saw it at least 4 times in the cinema. I remember thinking, being a little kid, how crazy it was to see a movie that many times! Now, I have probably seen a few others that many times also. I know I saw Titantic prolly 4 times too. However, I probably saw Dawn of the Dead more times, I would go to the Midnight Movies every weekend to see it. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that.

As for overall, I would have to say that I've seen Lady & The Tramp more times than anything. When my daughter was a wee one, it was the only video that we really had and she would watch it 3 times a DAY! And force me to watch it with her. It's not even my favorite Disney film!
Agent Pickle
At le cine, LOTR 2, which I saw twice. In real life, Stand By Me probably 30 times and Oliver! about 15-20 times.
maian
At home it would undoubtably be 'Beauty and The Beast'. When we first got it on video back in the mid-nineties me, my sister and my dad would watch it every night, we must have watched it 60 times in 2 months.

And I saw it again last year in Psychology when we learning about perception (or something) and I knew every sodding word of the film! Rather embarassing since I started singing along to the first song. biggrin.gif Great film though, probably the best Disney film, in my opinion.
Agent Pickle
QUOTE (maian @ Jul 28 2005, 09:05 PM)
Great film though, probably the best Disney film, in my opinion.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That has to go to Aladdin!
Blind I/O
Or Robin Hood...
dandan
i'd say, 'robin hood' is better than both of those, although i thing 'sword in the stone' is probably my favourite...
ella
QUOTE (dandan @ Jul 29 2005, 09:39 AM)
i'd say, 'robin hood' is better than both of those, although i thing 'sword in the stone' is probably my favourite...

First Disney film I ever saw. Definately my favourite still.

I don't think I have ever seen a film in the cinema twice. Am I missing out on something? I don't like the cinema that much - sticky floors and screaming children. I much prefer the at home DVD experience.
spacegurl
QUOTE (ella @ Jul 29 2005, 11:13 AM)
I don't like the cinema that much - sticky floors and screaming children. I much prefer the at home DVD experience.

Mmm, i'm kinda the same- when i go to the cinema i usually try to get a really late showing of a film or go at a time when there's not too many people about so it's more bearable.
maian
QUOTE (Blind I/O @ Jul 29 2005, 09:25 AM)
Or Robin Hood...

I never really took to Robin Hood, I like it but I don't remember ever really lovng it, maybe I'll have to watch it again sometime.

QUOTE (Agent Pickle @ Jul 29 2005, 08:53 AM)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That has to go to Aladdin!

Hmmm, Aladdin may be better than B&B actually...but I've got fonder memories of B&B from my childhood sso my view of the other Disney films is biased in favour of B&B.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Don't worry maian, you're not wrong. Beauty & The Beast is BY FAR the greatest Disney movie ever. In fact, it's simply one of the best movies ever.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Just tell them that. WRONG.
Lazlo Woodbine
I'm embarressed to admit that it's The Phantom Menace. I abslove myself from any blame though because i was stuck in a shitty town with only one crappy screen and being stuck outside with nowhere to go and nothing at all else to do.
maian
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 2 2005, 07:45 PM)
Don't worry maian, you're not wrong. Beauty & The Beast is BY FAR the greatest Disney movie ever. In fact, it's simply one of the best movies ever.

Hooray, quantitative evidence for my views! No one can dispute them, they are fact!

Beauty and the Beast is the best Disney movie, that is a scientific fact! There is no evidence to support this, but it is a scientific fact!
Zoe
Actually there is evidence to support it. 'Beauty and the Beast' is the only animated film ever to be nominated for 'Best Picture' at the Academy Awards.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, fact fans.
ipse dixit
*Blows a big smoke ring...continues waving Aladdin flag*

tongue.gif
pots
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 2 2005, 08:45 PM)

what?

i've had this conversation plenty of times now. its the jungle book, then robin hood, closely followed by sword in the stone. this is what it says in the bible, and the us constitution, and the london times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.