Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battles: such vibrant colours
Spaced Out Forum > Archive > Rewind > Episode 1.4: Battles
Chapman Baxter
Tim's utter lack of empathy when Daisy splits up with Richard: 'What? You said you were fine.' Blokes, eh. rolleyes.gif

'You've got some paint on you.'

The tooling up sequence when Tim and Mike go paintballing - 'Groovy!'

Daisy making Brian say 'I didn't mean it Colin' in a high-pitched voice.

'It's not a bedsit... it's a flat!'

What are your favourite bits?
Raven
"When you get that feeling it's like . . . "

"Sexual healing.".

That and the Terminator "homage" at the end cool.gif
PrivateIron
"You've seen combat? Where?"

"On the television."

"But I thort you said the last time you weren't using a paintball gun?"

"Yeah, it was a big stick..."
blackcherry
brian's chuckle when he's hiding in the painting followed by: "oh no. help me i'm stuck" - brilliant delivery

"it's a literal tribute to the self-reflexivity of Rembrandt" "Did he like it?" "No he's dead" "That really backfired then"
pots
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Aug 21 2005, 11:09 PM)
"it's a literal tribute to the self-reflexivity of Rembrandt"  "Did he like it?" "No he's dead" "That really backfired then"

thats it - thats the gag! great as spaced is, the whole idea, the characters, references, direction, etc, sometimes all it takes is one great gag, and this is one of them. this is the line in this episode that made me think 'this is actually good. i mean, really good. i mean really really good'.
blackcherry
tim: "i've always fancied myself"
mike: "i've always fancied you"
i love nick frost's delivery of those sort of lines
Duane Benzie
I love Tim's speech about conquering his fear of dogs, lightning and bamboo. Brilliant stuff.
spacegurl
The Tim and Duane 'buddy' montage.

Mike: "This your first time kid?"
Accountant: "I'm 36."
Mike "This your first time old man?"
Acountant:"Yeah."

Daisy: "I'll feed it, i'll clean it, i'll change it's little hutch."
Igmeister
"I'll call it Colin, well thats what I called my box"

And Twist's face in the dogs home. The look of pure distaste cracks me up every time.
horseshead
When Tim emulates Duanes voice and then coughs....it's all in the timing I tell ya!

"Aren't you going to answer it?"
"I've an answering service"
"You've an answer for everything"
"I can't believe you just said that!"

"Big Titted bitch"
ronlogan1977
This is probably one of the best episodes of Spaced ever. Its the one i show to potential convertees. The opening scene is superb, the pisstake of conceptual art is spot on and its so quotable

Heads up..take a bite of peach

Hang on wrong episode..never mind this one too is a classic. The paintballing is brilliant but the best bit is ...

I`d do it again id tell you..id do it again in an instant AHAHAHAHA
widowspider
Mike's sound effects when they are lining up in the flat always make me piss myself laughing. They are just so perfect!
sweetbutinsane
QUOTE (Duane Benzie @ Aug 21 2005, 11:58 PM)
I love Tim's speech about conquering his fear of dogs, lightning and bamboo. Brilliant stuff.

Oh I love that! And the whole paintball bit (especially the face off between Tim and Duane, and Mike's "death" scene). Fantastic!
Sean of the Dead
Bamboo...
VashTheLecher
i liked the whole thing about drowning lara croft. mostly because i got a letter from my ex girlfriend after she left me so i know what that's like.
i also liked when tim dives out of the window lol.
widowspider
QUOTE (widowspider @ Aug 22 2005, 08:24 PM)
Mike's sound effects when they are lining up in the flat always make me piss myself laughing. They are just so perfect!

Bah. Wrong episode - ignore me!

Favourite line in this one: 'It made me want to drown things!'
Shack
"What are are you going to do when you see him next?"
"I'm going to set fire to him."

Wise words indeed, and always useful in conversations about people you don't like.

It's my favourite episode this one, for the bamboo joke, for the Tim and Mike holding hands on the way to paintball, for the "What, the gay club?" bit and, well, I just love it.
Ingram
One of the best bits has to be after the break-up when Tim jumps out of the window:

"Yes, and I'd do it again. I'd do it again in an instant!! HAHAHAHAHAA!!"
Duane Benzie
"Dance for me Colin!"

Sadistic
Mrs Bisley
The bit where Brian realises he's stuck to the wall and goes "umm.. Johnny.. help me.." is one of the funniest bits in the whole series!!

Who the hell is Johnny?!

I also like the way Daisy says "hutch"... classic!!!
Spider-Mouse
Mike's death scene... classic.
Meto
Am I the only one, or does Tim's "You've got an answer for everything" sound exactly like Russel Crowe's line from Gladiator? I can't remember the actual quote, but it does sound familiar.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (Meto @ Aug 27 2005, 06:27 PM)
Am I the only one, or does Tim's "You've got an answer for everything" sound exactly like Russel Crowe's line from Gladiator?

I don't remember that line from Gladiator, but Simon did a great impression of Russell Crowe's character in that film in a Big Train sketch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.