Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick Frost in Hyperdrive
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Rua
Missed it..shit.

Is it repeated on Sunday again or are the BBC being random about scheduling as usual?
Henry Krinkle
It's repeated at 22:00 on Sunday.
Rua
QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Jan 19 2006, 02:04 PM)
It's repeated at 22:00 on Sunday.

Cheers
The Mystery Machine
When is Kevin Eldon going to get his own show? He seems to love making a career out of bit parts in everything. His bit at the feast was very funny.
Baz
QUOTE (flash goulden @ Jan 19 2006, 01:28 AM)
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Just watched episode 2 and it is funny and streets ahead of Red Dwarf, if you don't think so, you are a northern nerd.

Did we watch the same programme?

It didn't start great, and was not very good for about 90% of the show. The only bit that made me laugh was the Alien sex tape (voiced by Mr Pegg I think).
Sean of the Dead
Liked the second episode quite a bit. Eldon's the man.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jan 18 2006, 05:43 PM)
Desperate Housewives won't be getting my attention tonight, because it's a program where if you've missed one episode it's hard to get back into. I might watch the last half hour.

Oh the contradiction. Good stuff Seanie.

I might well watch it on Sunders to see if it's improved, since it's never going to get my attention over Desperate Housewives.
Sean of the Dead
I didn't actually watch the last half hour... oh well.
Henry Krinkle
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jan 19 2006, 06:15 PM)
I didn't actually watch the last half hour... oh well.

Well done sir! A toast to you.
curtinparloe
The second episode was rubbish!!

The WORST space-based sitcom I've ever seen!!

The sets were rubbish, the actors couldn't act, and the lasers were woeful!!

My least favourite part?

The bit where John Higgins makes a crucial red pot.

F*** you, BBC 2. mad.gif
frostitute
So your favorite part was...?
The Mystery Machine
The end...where they put the sticks and coloured balls away and fuck right off. laugh.gif
curtinparloe
QUOTE (The Mystery Machine @ Jan 23 2006, 03:27 AM)
The end...where they put the sticks and coloured balls away and fuck right off. laugh.gif

Bing! (to quote the immortal Ned Ryerson) biggrin.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
Yeah, I was unimpressed with episode 2.

The actors (especially Miranda Hart) seem to mumble throw-away lines all the way through, as if there is a lack of actual written material and they are largely ad-libbing instead.

I'll stick with it though, because I liked episode 1...
Ade
Gah. From what I've read, I'm not at all peturbed at having missed both episodes and their repeats. Damn disappointed to hear it has been rather lacking thus far. Can't say I'm fussed to bother trying to catch episode 3 either.
Igmeister
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 23 2006, 12:10 AM)
My least favourite part?
The bit where John Higgins makes a crucial red pot.

F*** you, BBC 2. mad.gif

To be honest i'm glad they kept the snooker on. If episode 2 is as average as the first, then I haven't missed much.
Cornetto
Is there anything good about hyperdrive apart from Nick Frost going 'Alright' and 'What you doing' quite a lot of the time, the answer is no. The characters are poor as is the writing the sets are shit and the guns look live value hairdryers with neon lights attached.

Still though the woman pilot has got to be the worst character well ever. ALL SHE DOES IS RUB POLES!!!! there are other women who do that (naked) and they would be more entertaining.
Oisi-wan Kemansell
QUOTE (Cornetto @ Jan 24 2006, 10:22 PM)
Still though the woman pilot has got to be the worst character well ever. ALL SHE DOES IS RUB POLES!!!! there are other women who do that (naked) and they would be more entertaining.

If you read the this

Pilot Sandstrom (Petra Massey)
Pilot Sandstrom
played by Petra Massey

Sandstrom, the pilot of the ship is a prototype 'enhanced human'. She has lightning fast reactions and the ability to swiftly process vast amounts of data. Unfortunately, as a result, she has a few problems such as a lack of social skills, however as the Space Force went over budged on her development they're sort of overlooking this fact.
Baz
QUOTE (Oisi-wan Kemansell @ Jan 25 2006, 02:02 PM)
If you read the this

Pilot Sandstrom (Petra Massey)
Pilot Sandstrom
played by Petra Massey

Sandstrom, the pilot of the ship is a prototype 'enhanced human'. She has lightning fast reactions and the ability to swiftly process vast amounts of data. Unfortunately, as a result, she has a few problems such as a lack of social skills, however as the Space Force went over budged on her development they're sort of overlooking this fact.

That still doesn't make up for the fact that she's a crap character.
Raven
I watched last weeks on Monday night (the wonders of video) and can't say I was particularly inspired.

It has got the odd good joke in it (mainly the ones that play on well known sci-fi clichés like the bit where all three main officers went down to the planet and someone actually questioned it as being odd) but past that there isn't really anything special about it.
Baz
I have to say, last nights episode was a vast emprovement over the past two episodes. I acctually laughed this week, more than once. The realistic scenery bit with Nick on the tredmill was funny, as was the sex pile.
Henry Krinkle
I, again, enjoyed the show last night. Admittedley, I don't laugh all the way through. I do kind of smile though, which is good.
York (Kevin Eldon) is just getting better every week, and as always, Nick Frost is the master of humorous mannerisms.
I liked the deeper insight into the characters this week, with Sandstrom's back story being particularly sad.
I may be alone in this, but I think Hyperdrice is actually not too bad. Quite good even. Yes, not gut bustingly funny, but an enjoyable half hour.
Kick in the Head
There is no denying the talent on show and they all pull off their roles admirably, but the script is just so dire. There were probably about five actual gags that episode, none of which were remotely funny. Only the wotsit eating and the instant camp-fire triggered anything approaching a smile. At least it doesn't have canned laughter.
Henry Krinkle
I laughed out loud (as opposed to in my head) once, when Teal said "She's wearing a top... but no bottoms! That's even ruder than nothing at all!"

Yeah, maybe you had to be there.
TheGimp
For me, the best bit was the look on Commander Henderson's face as Teal was doing her 'sensual eating'. You could almost feel the fear.

biggrin.gif
WiseJoeyD
Here they just showed Ep2. Interesting, light hearted, but not hilarious.

But definately better than the first ep, though as someone pointed out, why waste 1/6th of their allotment on a weak opener?!
empathy-with-beast
Watched the repeats last night, I want it to be funny, the cadets ball thing sort of was, but I'm not laughing out loud and if we're honest the script is wasting the amount of talent they have involved.

I like the robot navigator back story though.
Henry Krinkle
I actually jumped when she sprang to life.
On the occasion when Eldon was about to touch her face and she turned to look at him I properly jumped.

Nerves of steel, me.
m0r1arty
I've had as much fun watching it as they have listening to the public praise it.

Which is no say, no fun at all.

Shite (with the 'e') I thought/think.

I may be wrong though, Smallville is getting better (Or there is nothing good on and it only appears that way due to having nothing good to gauge it against)

-m0r
WiseJoeyD
QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Jan 30 2006, 03:53 PM)
Smallville is getting better

ARGH! Look up my interminable thread about downfall of said program; believe me, it looked like it learned its lesson then promptly fucks up.

What is nice is seeing Nick being a fine comedy actor. There were moments in Man Stroke Woman when the performance wasn't the best (never bad though) but in this at least he plays it nicely

[Edited syntax to avoid JessopCubed's ire]
curtinparloe
I was going to watch the third episode last night but I'm ill.

So the BBC make up for showing snooker by showing both episodes. And then they put something else in between so I have to go to sleep before the third episode starts.

The fact that I would have watched the thing in between too had I not been drooling from the nostrils is neither here nor there.

*sigh*
Cornetto
QUOTE (Baz @ Jan 25 2006, 03:15 PM)
That still doesn't make up for the fact that she's a crap character.

Preach it from the hills, I admit the 3rd episode is by far the best but that’s not a compliment, it’s a minimum standard a 'comedy' (if you could call the show that) which it barely meets.
fear_of_pop
Jeffers's dad deleting story actually made me fill up. ohmy.gif

Perhaps it's my hormones.
GracieL
I just wish Simon would pop out of nowhere as an alien or something. T'wood be good.
littlelabmouse
I watched the repeats last night and I have to admit it wasn't that bad. I mean, there's been plenty worse comedies on tv.

Teal and York seem to be getting the best lines, but Nick's expressions, reactions and such which I like the most.

I'll keep watching.
Dodge
It's getting worse.

Each episode more crap than the last.

It's good research into how not to write sitcoms in the future.

BANG! Here's some comedy characters, CARE ABOUT THEM INSTANTLY!

In space.

Hyperdrive can fuck right off.
Rua
It's not been great......
WiseJoeyD
QUOTE (Dodge @ Jan 31 2006, 09:50 AM)
It's getting worse.

Each episode more crap than the last.

It's good research into how not to write sitcoms in the future.

BANG! Here's some comedy characters, CARE ABOUT THEM INSTANTLY!

In space.

Hyperdrive can fuck right off.

Hopefully the BBC will heed that thought and put it on again during the Learning Zone timeslot

Annoucner
"And now, the series of Hyperdrive; showing budding writers how not to waste screen time on go-nowhere jokes.
For an information pack write to:
Not being a Fuckwit Writer,
BBC,
SW1"

But again the actors do very well with what they're given, apart from Jeffers who has scary Hulk eyes and the hirsuitism of Wolverine
Jumpin Jack Flash
actually 1 line did make me laugh that was the

'u stun sticked me, u tosser!'

that was a good line. i think they have some good ideas but they for some reason arnt putting them into effect properly and they did try to give sandstrom some back story with the whole 'im rebecca 'thing she said when she was given chocolate
Jumpin Jack Flash
QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Jan 30 2006, 02:04 PM)
I actually jumped when she sprang to life.
On the occasion when Eldon was about to touch her face and she turned to look at him I properly jumped.

Nerves of steel, me.

me 2!!
butterfly_with_a_bomb?
Jeffers?.....JeffersJeffers?

I'm biased due to being a massive fan of Kevin Eldon.... hehehe crazy right-wing bastard... Oh hang on, no that's just George Bush addressing the nation! HahahaIcrymyselftosleep!
smylesllama
I was sitting on my bed watching hyperdrive, then it suddenly came to me, Hyperdrive (or should i say hyper-dive) is complete bottom trumpet!! I felt as though as I should express this point as it angered my poor insulted soul. Any feedback on this issue would be grand.
butterfly_with_a_bomb?
QUOTE (smylesllama @ Feb 1 2006, 11:42 PM)
I was sitting on my bed watching hyperdrive, then it suddenly came to me, Hyperdrive (or should i say hyper-dive) is complete bottom trumpet!! I felt as though as I should express this point as it angered my poor insulted soul. Any feedback on this issue would be grand.

Well I respect that your first post on this big ol' forum was such an anarchic one, so welcome aboard! Your lucky, I usually take great pride in pissing off noobs, but you're something new! WELCOME TO THE TEAM! And I'm not being sarcastic!
Blind I/O
QUOTE (smylesllama @ Feb 1 2006, 10:42 PM)
(or should i say hyper-dive)

Oh, zing.
CazBag
Is it my imagination or is this 'comedy' getting worse?! Was there anything funny in it last night?
ipse dixit
QUOTE (CazBag @ Feb 2 2006, 10:13 AM)
Is it my imagination or is this 'comedy' getting worse?!  Was there anything funny in it last night?

I couldn't tell you, I found it hard to pay attention.
Dodge
I do believe it is getting worse.

I had no intention of watching it last night but then I wondered if I might miss out on it actually becoming suddenly good.

I must have been in a stranger mood than usual.

What a fool.
Raven
I watched last week's episode on Monday evening and although there were a couple of jokes I laughed at I can't say it was good comedy overall (by a long way).

Forgot to tape last nights and I think that probably says more than the above.
Stella MM
QUOTE (fear_of_pop @ Jan 30 2006, 08:38 PM)
Jeffers's dad deleting story actually made me fill up.  ohmy.gif

Perhaps it's my hormones.

No, it did me too.

It's still not funny but I do love Dan Antopolski. And the whole show looks amazing.
Clart
Well, I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.