Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back's best bits
Spaced Out Forum > Archive > Rewind > Episode 2.1: Back
Chapman Baxter
I love the 'Star Wars stuff' bonfire - it says so much about Tim and parodies Return of the Jedi perfectly. I also think the whole introduction - it sets up the series, introduces all the characters and is very funny to boot.

Brian's manhandling of Daisy when she comes to say hello, and her face when he's squeezing it.

What are your favourite bits?
shinyelvenqueen
Mike at the pool table. Very "zen".
m0r1arty
I thought it was a great way to start the series off, from the excellent introduction (and that music was Swi-eeet) through to the agents being pissed off at Daisy's tape.

Best bits for me was Marsha being caught between two frames and then screaming at Amber.

Mike, the toaster and 'Oranges are not the only fruit'

Brian

Lets go to the pub - Jetlag

Pool and the pink pistol

Watch me ride

Daisy falling over at the door

(Not in the show) Brian trying to get the videotape into the video player

and

Mikes rabbit

All in all a great way to build the momentum back up to what was probably the best first series EVER.

When I first saw it it was like little bits at the back of my brain that had been killed (due to substance abuse) where warming up again, it felt like Christmas should feel, it was Londinium, no thats shit, it was our Flat

BUM DUM BUM DUM durlebumdumdumdumdumdumbumdumdumbumdumdum (pianoy bit)

-m0r
maian
Isn't the 'mike's rabbit' thing in 'Leaves'?
m0r1arty
No, but even if it were, it deserves to be mentioned as often as possible.

In Leaves it actually goes next door, whereas in Back it is with Marsha.

Oops, lets not foget Mike's mums cat (and it's arse!)

-m0r
EDIT: 'It' being Colin obviously
maian
I'm pretty sure that there's no mention of Mike's rabbit in 2.1, unless I've gotten myself confused, but I'm fairly certain that it isn't mentioned in this episode, I'll have to watch it when I get back home to check.
m0r1arty
I'm pretty sure your right too, but hey, let's mention Mikes rabbit as much as possible (he has gone next door after all))

It's just a mixed up Colins gnoe thing with me

-m0r
maian
Oh okay, that's what confused me. You're right about Mike's rabbit though, we should definitely mention his rabbit as much as possible, seeing as it is no longer with us. To Mike's rabbit!
feckless_dykey_prostitute
The whole bit with Mike and Tim at the pool table.

"I'm going to point the pink pistol at the porcelain firing range." Gets me every time... laugh.gif
feck off!
Mark Gattis's extreme pronunciation of 'What pub!?' is a classic for me.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Oct 17 2005, 06:30 PM)
"I'm going to point the pink pistol at the porcelain firing range." Gets me every time... laugh.gif

Unfortunately I get a barrage of unpleasant images.
ipse dixit
Unequivocally:

"Hello you. Go there."
spacegurl
The whole Mulan bit:

Daisy's singing,
"She wants to look in the mirror and, "See the real reflection.." "

Mike's irrelevant comments about Eddie Murphy, "Certainly to my mind his third best film."

and Marsha's pronounciation of Mulan,"What, like Moolan?"
Shack
All together now:

"Why have a burger when you can have steak at home?"
"Get off me you bummer....."

Although I love the pool scene, I'm pretty sure Mike pots 8 balls not including the black and also hits a yellow ball first on one of his shots, surely a foul considering all the balls he pots are reds. Anyway, just my little issue that one.....
m0r1arty
QUOTE (Shack @ Oct 18 2005, 10:07 AM)
Although I love the pool scene, I'm pretty sure Mike pots 8 balls not including the black and also hits a yellow ball first on one of his shots, surely a foul considering all the balls he pots are reds. Anyway, just my little issue that one.....

Mine too, but thought I'd get jumped for mentioning it...

-m0r
Shack
QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Oct 18 2005, 09:08 AM)
Mine too, but thought I'd get jumped for mentioning it...

-m0r

Pool rules are there for a reason. Tim should have at least had a free shot.

It's a bleedin' liberty guv.
m0r1arty
And with challenger breaks he's not likely to ever win a game. I recon he doesm't know how to play, just chalk his cue (oo-er)

-m0r
maian
I like Tim and Mike's bit of WWF fighting, especially since it looks bad and infantile. Mike's little fall and shout of ''Stone Cold'' is really superbly done.

The jetlag joke is brilliant, Mark Gatiss and Steve Pemberton both do very well in their Hugo Weaving impersonations, ''You Lando'' and the Star Wars funeral pyre...so many funny moments in the epsiode. Too many to remmeber at the moment.
Raven
I know others have said it but the "You Lando" quote was excellent as was the whole putting the tape in the video sequence, very well done.
rouge_rouge_vin
-the introduction montage with Rhapsody in Blue
- the star wars pyre
-Mulan "seeing her real reflection" laugh.gif
- the Agents
-"Don't even think about leaving the country."
"Don't worry, I won't.... i ccan't afford it."

one of my favourite episodes biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.