Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Latest Comedy News
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
rabbit57i
Vic Reeves to host Brianiac
rabbit57i
Weekly Comedy Round-Up

You might have thought they’d seen this one coming: inviting Johnny Vegas onto the inexperienced Charlotte Church’s chat show – then plying him with booze. In the end it wound up with Vegas getting a slap from the 20-year-old, after the comic repeatedly wound her up. Church was said to be ‘out of her depth’ in trying to deal with his leery behaviour, including slurringly telling Church her album was ‘shit’ and that ‘I shagged your grandma’.  Producers might now like to reflect on the wisdom of staging an on-set ‘tasting’ of bizarre cocktails of wine and spirits, all of which Vegas dutifully necked. See what footage makes it to air on Channel 4  tonight…

...amongst other tidbits
Llama
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Sep 14 2006, 06:32 PM)

Nooo! Hammond!
kiss my empty bag
Simon Pegg started making people laugh at his nan’s Salvation Army club for the over-70s. ‘It was invariably some racially dubious gag I’d heard Jim Davidson tell,’ he says, ‘but I’ve reinvented myself since then.’

huh? huh.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (kiss my empty bag @ Sep 15 2006, 06:33 PM)
huh?  huh.gif

Yeah, he was extremely racist in those days.
luvmusic
He was in the SA Youth.
kiss my empty bag
Oh yeah I gets it now happy.gif
rabbit57i
Two New Pilot Shows, one starring Dylan Moran & the other starring Mark Heap

Spaceballs, The Animated Series

David Walliams Host Bond Docu

New Sci-Fi Comedy, with Kevin Eldon, Ben Moor and Richard Herring
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Sep 21 2006, 07:12 AM)
Two New Pilot Shows, one starring Dylan Moran & the other starring Mark Heap

Eeee! Dylan + Maxine Peake = GENIUS. Sounds fab.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Sep 21 2006, 04:12 PM)

The horror.
Stella MM
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Sep 21 2006, 04:12 PM)
New Sci-Fi Comedy, with Kevin Eldon, Ben Moor and Richard Herring

I was about to gripe about the BBC throwing good money after bad where sci-fi comedy's concerned but that actually sounds brilliant. Very Neverwhere-ish.
Starscream`s Ghost
It'll be terrible. Ben Moor is a terrible writer. And mates with that Emma Kennedy (at least I think that's her name). She's annoying, and he's annoying by association.
fear_of_pop
Emma Kennedy's fantastic, as is Richard Herring.
rabbit57i
Sad State of Modern American Comedy
shinyelvenqueen
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Oct 27 2006, 03:49 PM)

Made me giggle

Best gag: "I'd like to whittle my fan base down to about 12 ... you can call them disciples if you like."
luvmusic
It says that Daniel Kitson is "Simply the most technically gifted stand-up comedian of his generation."

This is true.
Stella MM
QUOTE (luvmusic @ Oct 28 2006, 12:16 AM)
It says that Daniel Kitson is "Simply the most technically gifted stand-up comedian of his generation."

But is he funny? That makes him sound like some sort of gag-spitting automaton.
luvmusic
I think you'll find that's Tim Vine.

And yes, Kitson am funny, he am the funniest.
rabbit57i
Lee & Herring Reunited... for one night Charity gig.
Zoe
Veeeeeeery tempting.
rabbit57i
Unhappy Brand Fans

Right Wing Daily Show
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Nov 21 2006, 04:12 PM)

Right wing comedians? Such a thing exists?

And no, Jim Davidson doesn't count. Or Rowan Atkinson.
Zoe

That was so obviously going to happen. A secret gig being advertised on the front page of myspace, and unticketed?

Just plain stupidity.
Shack

"...A-Lister Sadie Frost..."

I haven't laughed this early in the morning for ages.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Shack @ Nov 22 2006, 08:20 AM)
"...A-Lister Sadie Frost..."

I haven't laughed this early in the morning for ages.

I'm joining you in a chortle. I'm trying to think what she's actually done in the last few years, apart from being dumped by Jude Law, and doing a crap C4 show. Something that Brand will soon have in common with her, in fact.
gulfcoast_highwayman

When you follow an arsehole, don't be surprised if it shits on you now and then.

Honestly, this man is Gina Yashere unfunny. Why doesn't he get sued for calling himself a comedian?
Ghost_862
Have you even seen him live?

As for those who didn't get into the party - they were told in advance that demand would be high and to get there early. What do they expect him to do, break the law and go double capacity?

It was nice enough that he came outside with free DVD's (RRP: £19.99) for each of them and took the time to sign them and pose for photos, because most people wouldn't have done that.
luvmusic
Usual mad stalker fans (off the internet) feeling hard done by when the object of their obsession doesn't recognise just how good and mad and obsessive they are.

He is crap, though.
Ghost_862
Have you seen him live?
Zoe
Judging from the comments on his myspace page I think the fans have some genuine complaints about how this event was organised.

I would say that many of the people who turned up and queued believing they would get in were far from obsessive fans, and he's certainly not one of their favourite people now!

I think many people believed this was an attempt to give something back to the fans who've helped him become so successful rather than a cynical attempt to plug his DVD and perform to his celebrity pals.

They should have just given a ticket to the first 150 people in the queue, rather than letting everyone who queued stay outside for several hours. A couple of free DVDs to the people who pushed to the front only adds insult to injury.

It was a stupid idea, badly organised and I think his management deserves to be criticised. Alienating your fans is just plain stupid.
Ghost_862
Good points.

Also, people should surely be aware that celebrity myspace pages have nothing to do with the celebrities themselves. Russell Brand doesn't log on and post up all his tour dates using the html codes for bold and blue. Russell Brand doesn't upload videos of his own DVD to youtube then link them into the 'about me' section of his profile. Russell Brand doesn't leave those bulletins plugging his shows etc and there's a very specific reason he doesn't reply to those messages people send him.

Since one or two celebs ended up with popular myspace pages, management teams have begun setting them up for their clients. I have a friend who interviewed Panic At The Disco and asked them what they thought of myspace and how efficiently it had worked in their favour as a promotional tool - and none of them even knew what myspace was - yet much of their promotion is conducted via 'their' myspace page.

So those angry at Brand because they feel the event was misrepresented shouldn't really be directing their anger at Brand himself.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Nov 25 2006, 04:50 PM)
So those angry at Brand because they feel the event was misrepresented shouldn't really be directing their anger at Brand himself.

But if they do that surely there's less chance of him getting a well deserved fucking good kicking.
Zoe
I agree that the fault lies with Russell's management. A far better way of organising the event would have been to give tickets away in advance to people on his friends list. I was getting the bulletins about the event and they suggested a much larger venue.

Subject:  come and get intimate!
Body:  Go to my page to see the details for my secret show that takes place on monday.

And of course you can bring friends. The more the merrier. Just make sure they create their own myspace page and add me in their top 8.

One more thing...check out the exclusive clip from the DVD on my comedy page.

I was getting a couple of reminders about this every day, and I think 'first come, first served' was mentioned once.

Russell still has to take some of the blame for not being savvy enough to question the organisation of this 'secret' gig (that was advertised on the front page of one of the world's largest websites).
Ghost_862
He probably doesn't even use myspace. I know I'm getting bloody sick of it and know a lot of people who refuse to sign up.
luvmusic
QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Nov 25 2006, 03:44 PM)
Have you seen him live?

Why?

What does this have to do with anything?

But, yes, since you ask.

Overrated.

Very.

Just like Ricky Gervais.
Ghost_862
It's just that the general trend is for those who haven't seen him live to poo-poo him on the basis of his admittedly rubbish TV work. But live I thought he was very good.

It also seems to be a bit of a fad to not like Russell Brand now because he's too popular, whereas if he was still underground everybody would rave about him like they did before he became popular.
rabbit57i
Jim Davidson Heckled By Boy Scout
zeden
^I'm sure it was what most of the crowd were thinking. biggrin.gif
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Dec 20 2006, 05:25 PM)

biggrin.gif Nice one.
rabbit57i
Wake Up With Stephen Fry
NiteFall
I want one!
Llama
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Jan 26 2007, 05:24 PM)
I want one!

Me too. I wouldn't mind that it kept calling me sir.
rabbit57i
Noel Fielding Hosts Teenage Cancer Trust...
feckless_dykey_prostitute
Tickets available for The Peter Serafinowicz Show
luvmusic
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Feb 5 2007, 08:37 PM)

I always knew Peter Kay was a cunt, and I was right.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (luvmusic @ Feb 6 2007, 01:31 PM)
I always knew Peter Kay was a cunt, and I was right.

Daniel Kitson says so too, so it must be true.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Feb 6 2007, 01:35 PM)
Daniel Kitson says so too, so it must be true.

Aye, but Peter Kay says Daniel Kitson is a bastard.

And that he has a beard. Like the Yorkshire Ripper.

I used to be such a fan of Kay but if ever someone was ruined by ego, it's him.
luvmusic
I just look at pieces of work such as Kitson's 'A Made Up Story', 'Tales For The Wobbly Hearted' and 'C-90', and then look at Kay peddling the same routine over three dvds,and I know who to trust.

Heh, Kitson made a comment at a benefit gig: "I make a very comfortable living at this, but me mum's not getting a fucking bungalow".
Zoe
Kitson's the best stand-up on the circuit today.

That's all anyone needs to know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.