Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you rate Gone?
Spaced Out Forum > Archive > Rewind > Episode 2.5: Gone
Chapman Baxter
This... is the good shit. Woo Mama!

Gone is my favourite episode of the second series, and my second-favourite overall, after Epiphanies. While other episodes have as many great scenes (though few can compare in quality to the gunfights), this episode is very cleverly constructed and hangs together as a seamless whole. For me this is Spaced at its best, and deserves an Excellent if anything does.

Any dissenters?
empathy-with-beast
Only the second of the gun fights REALLY made me laugh, though I do feel that the full length "Daisy does Elvis" is one of the most barnstorming outtakes -the series 2 Pump Up the Jam if you will.
sweetbutinsane
EXCELLENT!!!

The two gunfights, the tequila scenes, Mike losing Colin ... it was all fandabidozi!!!!!
Igmeister
Excellent

Tequila, Kia Ora, Daisy's Stew, The Return Of Duane, the Gun Fight, Elvis....

My favorite episode of Spaced ever.

Inspired about a year of 'gunfighting' at my shitty job, and made me look forward to working all weekend.
Oisi-wan Kemansell
Excellent-eh

Noodle is great!!
widowspider
Fantastic - as Chapman says, one of the most well constructed episodes of the series. Everything that happens is there for a reason and we really see Daisy and Tim's relationship develop.
Zoe
Not one of my favourites, a bit 'gimmicky' perhaps? It seems to rely more on the traditional situational comedy structures and I prefer Spaced at its more abstract.

It's still good though, some choice dialogue and a cracking opening homage to Butch and Sundance.
kateykinz
I'd vote fandabbydozy but I can't so I'll have to settle for Excellent.
Jessopjessopjessop
Excellent! Exclamation Marks!!
Kick in the Head
I think it's excellent, definitely, but when you look back on it, its surprising how little there is of Brian and Mike - its very much a Daisy and Tim episode. Not that the episode suffers from it in the slightest. And with the Duane link, John Woo shoot outs and Colin subplots, it serves as a perfect two-parter with 1.4 'Battles' if you so wish. And love the alternate nights out photo/comic sequence.
Gramsci
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Nov 13 2005, 07:06 PM)
This... is the good shit. Woo Mama!

Gone is my favourite episode of the second series, and my second-favourite overall, after Epiphanies.  While other episodes have as many great scenes (though few can compare in quality to the gunfights), this episode is very cleverly constructed and hangs together as a seamless whole.  For me this is Spaced at its best, and deserves an Excellent if anything does.

Any dissenters?

I totally agree!
It's awsome!
Mrs Bisley
This is one of my favourite episodes in both series'. It's pure genius.... from the gun fights to Jessica's Jamie Oliver impression, it's a huge chunk of fried gold!!!!

I especially love Simon's knife noise and the look on Mikes face when Tim asks him if he looks sexy!!! This episode is one of the best by far

xxxxxxx

p.s. I also love the lots and lots of Peter Serafinowicz wub.gif

[EDIT] ALMOST FORGOT.... the line "I'm a catering student" cracks me up every time.... love it

and when Mike opens Brian's door and goes "Been naughty".... I'll stop before I remember anything else
shinyelvenqueen
Excellent. Why would anyone vote the last option above? They shouldn't even be on this forum!!!!
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (Zoe @ Nov 14 2005, 02:40 PM)
Not one of my favourites, a bit 'gimmicky' perhaps? It seems to rely more on the traditional situational comedy structures and I prefer Spaced at its more abstract.

It's still good though, some choice dialogue and a cracking opening homage to Butch and Sundance.

I think that the use of an identifiable 'real-life' situation (a night out on the town) actually works really well, especially as this series has plenmty of odd situations (The Matrix agents, Robot Club etc) leading up to this episode. The Spaced spin that they put on the events works really well. Gotta love the dialogue when they first arrive in the pub stoned as well. happy.gif
maian
Excellent, I can't really add too much to the debate that hasn't already been added. Though I would like to say that at the London Meet I went into the toilets and really couldn't stop thinking 'Kiora'. That was so strange being there.

Anyway, a fantastic episode, structurally, dialogue-wise and in overall plot. Probably the most quotable and imitatable of all the Spaced spisodes.
Sean of the Dead
Now me and my friends to slow-motion gun fights all the time (despite me being the only one who has seen Spaced).

Ausgezeichnet! Excelente! Eccellente! Uitstekend! Excelente!Превосходный! Utmerket! 好极了!!好極了!!

Excellent.
Zoe
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 16 2005, 11:33 PM)
Excellent, I can't really add too much to the debate that hasn't already been added. Though I would like to say that at the London Meet I went into the toilets and really couldn't stop thinking 'Kiora'. That was so strange being there.

I tried, but I'm not allowed to hang around Men's toilets anymore. I have been warned.
Link
I think that "Gone" is one of the best 30 minutes of television ever made, let alone the best episode of Spaced. It's film references are spot on, the acting is faultless, and it has one of the more interesting storylines.

I also happen to think that Tim's description of the night out they go on is one of the best monologues in Spaced, along with "walking in on yourself" at the end of the first series.

Absolutely bloody marvellous, as asserted above "I'm a catering student" gets me every time, and "That was a great stew daisy"..."I'm going to make another one" is a great way to finish it off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.