Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gone's highlights
Spaced Out Forum > Archive > Rewind > Episode 2.5: Gone
Chapman Baxter
When I first saw this episode, I could hardly believe my eyes when I came to the imaginary gunfights. I though they were both among the funniest things I'd ever seen on television and a very accurate reflection of the male psyche. But there's so much more to the episode: 'It's me and Sarah; it's Milly and Egg; it's classic', the montage when they're deciding where to go for the evening, the Kia Ora reference, the sexual tension between Tim and Daisy. But I don't want to hog all the best bits - what are your favourites?
empathy-with-beast
c)fall over and puke, with illustrations has gotta be the highlight for me, also "The Shinning" refrence. If you were to meld J.S and S.P's faces together, they'd look disturbingly like Jack Nicholson don't ya think?
Igmeister
Tim: No hard feelings eh?
Duane: You shot me in the balls Tim...
Tim: Like I said, no hard feelings...
Dorf
I'm not a monster Tim.

That line always forces me to try and do an impression of it. smile.gif
DazDaMan
Has to be the gunfight, although for me it's the gunfight in the flat.

Having said that, the homage to Platoon is very good.
kateykinz
Daisy's Jamie Oliver impression, both gunfights, "It's just for me and my dawg", Tim and Daisy getting bladdered in such a way that you just wish you were there with them, Mike's "Been naughty" and the moment in which they oh so nearly kiss.

Well, all of it really.
Punkass
I always do the Kia Ora bit, and even though people have no clue what the hell I am talking about, they always laugh. It's also on my answering machine (ever so quietly at the end before the beep).
feck off!
QUOTE (Punkass @ Nov 14 2005, 02:55 PM)
I always do the Kia Ora bit, and even though people have no clue what the hell I am talking about, they always laugh.  It's also on my answering machine (ever so quietly at the end before the beep).

Wonder if it's worth an expensive trans-atlantic call to hear your impression........
maian
QUOTE (Dorf @ Nov 14 2005, 10:41 AM)
That line always forces me to try and do an impression of it. smile.gif

Just tried to imitate that myself after reading your post laugh.gif

So many good moments, though I especially like the second confrontation moment between Tim and Daisy and the youths, since we now know what has happened and the whole sequence building up to and including the gunfight is just fantastically well done.
Link
The amazing bluetones track

Gunfight in the flat, in particular "Tits!"

"I'm a catering student!"

"Clever boys"

"What time are you going out mike?"
"2100 hours"
"oh, would you mind taking brian out for a walk around eight?"
"..."
"that's 2000 hours".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.