Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mitchell & Webb on BBC2
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ronlogan1977
Any fans of the brilliant That Mitchell and Webb sound will be delighted at this snippet from the BBC press office

Mitchell and Webb sketch show on BBC 2
Rah
I think I just did a wee.
Henry Krinkle
A high quality list of supports and production crew too. Hmmm, this is certainly one to be excited over. smile.gif
Rah
The Mitchell and Webb Situation is supposed to be getting a DVD release too.
fear_of_pop
Yay!!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (ronlogan1977 @ Nov 28 2005, 03:26 AM)
Any fans of the brilliant That Mitchell and Webb sound will be delighted at this snippet from the BBC press office

Mitchell and Webb sketch show on BBC 2

Hmmm. I love Peep Show, and I love that Mitchell and Web Sound ("I buy the milk, and I drink the milk. Should the mood take me: I make a custard!" "Please help the Mad Bears" etc.) and I'm interested to see how this turns out, although some of the sketches work just because you're imagining the facial expressions yourself.
sleeping_pirate
Sounds brilliant! I've never been privileged enough to hear their radio show, but I've recently fallen head over heels for Peep Show smile.gif
feckless_dykey_prostitute
You can apply for FREE tickets to the studio recording of 'That Mitchell and Webb Look' HERE!

Just click 'Go see it' at the bottom of the page!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Dec 19 2005, 08:18 PM)
You can apply for FREE tickets to the studio recording of 'That Mitchell and Webb Look' HERE!

Just click 'Go see it' at the bottom of the page!!!!!!!!!!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I'm not under 14, fuck yes! Something I can finally see... yays!
YAY! But make sure you put both dates in the 'Dates of show' box so that you have a good chance of getting tickets!!
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Dec 19 2005, 08:22 PM)
YAY! But make sure you put both dates in the 'Dates of show' box so that you have a good chance of getting tickets!!

Just because I can see it, doesn't mean my parents will let me... shame, but at least I don't feel left out.
Indeed, they have a good age boundary, don't they? Tis' good...let the under 16s see good comedy biggrin.gif
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Dec 19 2005, 08:26 PM)
Indeed, they have a good age boundary, don't they? Tis' good...let the under 16s see good comedy  biggrin.gif

Well, let some under 16s see good comedy, y'know, the ones that'll appreciate it and that.

tongue.gif
whitey
QUOTE (ronlogan1977 @ Nov 28 2005, 04:26 AM)
sketch show

hmm
sleeping_pirate
I applied for tickets smile.gif
Ghost_862
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Dec 19 2005, 08:23 PM)
Just because I can see it, doesn't mean my parents will let me... shame, but at least I don't feel left out.

Alas, I remember being in your situation.

In some ways I still am. For example, QI dictates that all guests must be 18+.

Why, I do not know. But once you look about 18 they don't check anymore.
whitey
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Dec 19 2005, 09:23 PM)

I was unallowed to see Bill Hicks because I was only 14. And then he died.
Ade
QUOTE (whitey @ Dec 20 2005, 12:18 AM)

That's pretty harsh, dude.
Ghost_862
QUOTE (whitey @ Dec 20 2005, 12:18 AM)

Dude!

Sucksville.
whitey
QUOTE (Ade @ Dec 20 2005, 02:11 AM)
That's pretty harsh, dude.

people will never be forgiven.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (whitey @ Dec 19 2005, 07:18 PM)

Who did the forbidding?
sleeping_pirate
I got my tickets in the post today, dead chuffed biggrin.gif
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Jan 13 2006, 05:39 PM)
I got my tickets in the post today, dead chuffed biggrin.gif

Me too. You beat me to it there smile.gif

EDIT: I booked 3 tickets so if anyone wants the spare ticket I have, PM me if you want smile.gif
sleeping_pirate
Yey! Aw Jade we gotta meet up for the show, it'd be nice to see you again smile.gif
ipse dixit
Got tickets too, for the 27th. I'd actually totally forgotten about it until I opened the envelope.
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Jan 13 2006, 06:28 PM)
Yey! Aw Jade we gotta meet up for the show, it'd be nice to see you again smile.gif

Yeah, definately. That'd be great smile.gif
Ghost_862
W0000! Am going ^-^
kiss my empty bag
Ive got nowt this always happens to me sad.gif
Ghost_862
QUOTE (kiss my empty bag @ Jan 13 2006, 11:44 PM)
Ive got nowt this always happens to me sad.gif

I didn't get any either, but I am going on my friend's tickets... I got lucky I guess.
Pendulum
It will feature a mix of character-driven material and satirical sketches, with a supporting cast including Olivia Colman and Paterson Joseph.

I loved Patterson Joseph (aka Alan Johnson) in the peep show... Some of the stuff he comes up with laugh.gif
'If we're gonna do this, it just me, you, chinese food and some fuck-off spreadsheets'
ronlogan1977
You love me.. not the business
sleeping_pirate
Olivia Colman's in it! wub.gif

So is it only filming on the one date for a pilot episode?
Henry Krinkle
I believe so. I think the other date is some sort of rehearsal.
Ghost_862
Why in God's name has the Peep Show Series One DVD been erased from HMV's memory and started appearing as 'sold out' on play.com instead of 'temporarily out of stock' ????
ronlogan1977
Maybe theres a Special Edition on the way?
zeden
QUOTE (Rah @ Nov 28 2005, 08:29 AM)
The Mitchell and Webb Situation is supposed to be getting a DVD release too.

Just ordered it from here- Benson's World
Pretty damn cheap too. Looking forward to some more decnt comedy on tv, its been a while.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I was sure there was a Peep Show thread. Anyway. Enjoy
kiss my empty bag
That was cool I love that song Ive been recently watching series 2 non stop cant get enough of theeme toon! biggrin.gif
Tomorrow, Tomorrow....

I want to live in that BBC foyer. It's so lovely... wub.gif I'm really excited about this now.

EDIT: Probably too late, but whoever's going, we should all meet up in the BBC foyer...
Ghost_862
My friends are such ninnies. None of them would skip college to get up there early but bollocks to them. I extoreted from them my ticket and shall go up without them cuz there's no way I'm getting turned away from this one. If they wanna risk it then pffftttt to them tongue.gif
QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Jan 26 2006, 10:16 PM)
My friends are such ninnies. None of them would skip college to get up there early but bollocks to them. I extoreted from them my ticket and shall go up without them cuz there's no way I'm getting turned away from this one. If they wanna risk it then pffftttt to them  tongue.gif

I salute you, sir.
ipse dixit
What time are you going, then? I'm working so can't be there til 6ish anyway. I'm hoping that'll be time enough...not much I can do about it.
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Jan 27 2006, 11:08 AM)
What time are you going, then? I'm working so can't be there til 6ish anyway. I'm hoping that'll be time enough...not much I can do about it.

I always get there about 6 ish and is usually fine for me. A little tip to everyone though, when they call out the ticket numbers, just get in the queue no matter what the number on your ticket is. Otherwise, you'll be right at the back and they don't check the ticket numbers anyway, they just check you have tickets.
Zoe
I hate that foyer - they won't even let you take photographs of each other. Paranoid fuckers. Worse still I found out afterwards I could have waited in the Green Room with Vic and Bob if I'd told Matt I was coming.

Regrets, I've had a few.
ipse dixit
Well, despite having a bit of a panic at being given 'standby' tickets, we got to the show and I'm pleased to say it was fookin' marvellous. Some great sketches and characters with their usual touches of dark humour, but also some great post-modern bits. Lucy Porter was entertaining in between, using bits and pieces of her stand-up and generally just chatting to the audience.

It'll certainly soften the blow of losing Peep Show if they get a good run on this.
Jessopjessopjessop
Indeed, 'That Mitchell and Webb Look' would be excellent if it got a proper run.

My brain isn't working right now. I'll write about it later.

Hello to Sleeping Pirate Louise, though!
sleeping_pirate
What a great night! Very funny show, I hope it's aired. Plus I got to meet David Mitchell afterwards which was nice and he was really lovely. Incredibly soft hands!

Heya Jessop, it was nice meeting you! I can't remember if I asked what your real is...
That was a very funny show, indeed. Robert Webbs' legs smile.gif Despite the rule of not taking photos, I did take about five on my phone inside the studio, not while the recording was on though, mind.
Oh, while I remember, my friend was the person who Lucy asked: "Who do you follow if there's a fire?" and she said "The black people..." instead of the people with the black fleeces.
sleeping_pirate
laugh.gif Ha ha, Jade I had no idea it was your friend who said that! Tonika and Coretta were happy because I think they were the obligatory black people at the show biggrin.gif

Twas nice seeing you again!
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Jan 28 2006, 06:36 PM)
I can't remember if I asked what your real is...

Check my profile!

I'm now able to write something about the show because my brain had returned form a sabbatical in the Lake District.

There were several of Mitchell and Webb's sketches that stuck in my mind, and made me laugh a lot. Four sketches were filmed live in front of us (with two or three takes per scene), and the rest were piped into our sockets with the gift of 'VT'. The sketches often began with traditional set-ups, but were turned on their heads with post-modern twists. There hasn't been this kind of quality sketch show for a long time - and in fact, I'm stuggling to think of any right now. We either have bad sitcoms like 'Two Pints', crude sketch shows like 'Little Britain' or weird/silly series like 'The League of Gentlemen' and the Boosh.

Here are a few of the best sketches what I can remember now:

'Numberwang' - a spoof gameshow with contestants shouting out numbers at random to be praised with the Host calling "That's Numberwang" at certain combinations.

'Emergency Medical Room' - an ER style hosptial drama, but which is very light on the technical jargon thgat makes that show so realistic - "Oh no, I've given him too much electric."

'Big Talk' - loud, fast current affairs programme hosted by the bellowing Raymond Terrific - hammering out issues like the African AIDS pandemic by brainstorming in a gaudily-lit studio.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.