Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jessica ties the not! - Confetti
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > News
Baz
Jessica Stevenson's new film, 'Confetti' has been picked up by Hollywood Studio Fox Searchlight. The film is about three couples battling it out to win a bridal magazine contest for “Most Original Wedding of the Year, which we see Jess teamed up with Martin Freeman.

The film has a release date of May 26th in the U.S, but no UK date yet. The film also features a host of British stars including, Julia Davis, Alison Steadman, Alan Partrige’s Felicity Montagu and Jimmy Carr.

You can view the trailer by clicking here
*Requires Quicktime 7

Many thanks to thirtyhelens for the pic and trailer link.
widowspider
Wickedy bo! Can't wait to see it - two of my favourite comedy actors in a movie together!
frostitute
The not?
Ghost_862
From the trailer, it has a kind of 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' feel to it, which is great as I loved that film smile.gif
Stella MM
QUOTE (frostitute @ Jan 14 2006, 04:17 AM)
The not?

It's a pun, innit? She's tying the 'knot' but 'not' really. Geddit?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Jan 14 2006, 11:48 AM)
It's a pun, innit? She's tying the 'knot' but 'not' really. Geddit?

It's tenuous, but it might just work...

edit: Looks really good! I like the non-Hollywood feel - like something small scale you'd see on BBC2!
m0r1arty
Oh decisions, decisions...

On one hand we have Jessica getting married to Martin wub.gif , on the other we have Jimmy Carr mad.gif

Nah, decision made, It'll be shite, I'm not gonna see it*

-m0r

*Based entirely upon the fact Jimmy Carr is in it, it's indicative of the plot/casting/wank
ipse dixit
I dunno, m0r, it looks pretty fun. Reckon I might be able to put up with Carr. It does have a TV feel to it, could almost imagine it being a short serial. Be interesting to see how that holds on the big screen.
m0r1arty
Probably sounded grumpier than it was intened there Ipse, still though, Jimmy Carr...

-m0r
pump.up.the.jam
Looks pretty damn funny happy.gif

heh... glee
Baz
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 14 2006, 11:49 AM)
It's tenuous, but it might just work...

I was a tad drunk when I came up with that. wink.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Baz @ Jan 13 2006, 04:47 PM)
Many thanks to thirtyhelens for the pic and trailer link.

*curtseys* Yer welcome, Mr. Punny Man. happy.gif
sleeping_pirate
Sounds pretty good, I'll be looking forward to it's release!
Ell
Looks ok, shame it has Jimmy Carr in though. sad.gif
empathy-with-beast
And people from that film "festival" that was pretty good.
Hobbes
Why does everyone hate Jimmy Carr so much?

I think it looks fabbo. Robert Webb looks like he may well steal the show aswell, he had great delivery.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jan 16 2006, 05:08 PM)

I think it looks fabbo. Robert Webb looks like he may well steal the show aswell, he had great delivery.

Because he's a smug, big-faced twat. I'm sorry, I don't have much logic in my emotion towards him.
AusChick
Couldn't get stupid Quicktime to work.

Try here to watch it with other video players.

Looks cool. Wonder if it will get an Australian release.

Cheers
AC
rabbit57i
Thanks for that AC, I couldn't get the stupid Quicktime to play either.

Looks like fun to me. It looks like it is what is it. I love Felicity Montagu
A Big Fat Tranny?
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Jan 16 2006, 05:40 PM)
Because he's a smug, big-faced twat. I'm sorry, I don't have much logic in my emotion towards him.

I don't believe you have to have any logic in dislike. It's a core emotion, for me.
I agree also, I don't like Carr. He's just not any good in my opinion.

As for the movie, I'll have a look at the trailer later.
If it is 'Drop Dead Georgous styleeeeee' then it should be a winner.

"Soilent Green is PEOPLE!"
biggrin.gif
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jan 16 2006, 04:08 PM)

Shit stand-up, overrated, on practically every Channel 4 program, looks like a ventriloquist's doll that has it's hand up it's own arse, and as ipse said he's a smug, big-faced twat.

Apart from that though, he's great...

And I too am looking foward to Robert Webb.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jan 18 2006, 09:50 AM)
And I too am looking foward to Robert Webb.

And Stephen Mangan, absolutely. Although the poor fella - I look at him now, and all I see is the Donkey off Shrek. laugh.gif </greenwing>
Cornetto
ohhhh... hello i'm Jimmy Carr and i think you'll find i'm a fucking twat! - must be said when ur cheeks are squashed in a door ( arse or face they will look the same as his face )
m0r1arty
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jan 16 2006, 05:08 PM)

Why doesn't everyone hate Jimmy Carr so very much?

I reckon he's the full bhoona spoilt middle class fuckface* gormless whingin' brat

-m0r

*I think this may be the first time I've very swore on these boards
coolasacucumber
.....murph.... the trailer wudnt work.

cant wait 4 it to cum out over here tho. jess and martin together will be sooooo good.
widowspider
Careful with using the word 'cum', one could get most confused.

And also using numbers instead of a word - we're anally retentive over on these here boards. smile.gif
theevilresident101
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jan 14 2006, 10:04 AM)
Wickedy bo! Can't wait to see it - two of my favourite comedy actors in a movie together!

I strongly agree...YAY! Of course the other comedy actor is Simon, but all his recent movies are post production and filming biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.