Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWE and company
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jumpin Jack Flash
Chad did you tape wrestlemania? Was it any good? I saw the results but i thought it was a bit predictable. Except the John Cena match. Everybody booed him becuase they expected him to lose. laugh.gif
chadbeserk
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Apr 7 2006, 11:36 AM)
Chad did you tape wrestlemania? Was it any good? I saw the results but i thought it was a bit predictable. Except the John Cena match. Everybody booed him becuase they expected him to lose. laugh.gif

Tried to record it but with it being on PPV, they send a signal down the line to interrupt "illegal" copying of said PPV. Which considering I spent 15 buying the thing is bad form. I'm gonna burn it off the net anyway so I'll send you a dvd copy of the thing.

Overall, it wasn't bad. The best two matches were the Money in the Bank match and the Foley/Edge match but they could have been a bit longer. The Triple Threat match was good, Angle was amazing. The Cena/HHH match wasn't that great. I actually felt sorry for Cena. The crowd were shouting "Fuck you, Cena!" over and over. I've never been a fan of the guy and I've never appreciated WWE trying to force him down our throats but he didn't deserve that. Surprised that he won though, especially by submission. Everyone in the crowd was shocked which was quite funny. They were all like "What the fuck?" He'll lose the title soon enough and either go back to Smackdown or turn heel.

Hardly anyone cheered when Rey won the title. Angle was so over though.

Trish vs Mickie James was the best Women's match I've seen in ages. They were really good. Fucked up a couple of moves but still really good. Trish was booed out of the building. Mickie was so over. I have no idea as to why.

Overall, not bad but not great either.
Jumpin Jack Flash
Cool! Yeah I'm not Cena's biggest fan but I thought it was quite harsh. He was crying and everything! I think he'll be forced to turn heel becuase nobody likes him anymore! Shall I PM you my address? ...Not that im dieing to see it or anything tongue.gif
wibble
So I just watched Smackdown in my sleepy saturday haze...who was the huge guy in the ring with undertaker??? Cool we have another giant!!
I would love to see him standing next to the BIG SHOW. ohmy.gif
Jumpin Jack Flash
I think that would be Mark Henry? Was he black and have dreadlocks? He's rubbish!

Chad did you get wrestlemania yet??
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Apr 7 2006, 02:11 PM)
Cool! Yeah I'm not Cena's biggest fan but I thought it was quite harsh. He was crying and everything! I think he'll be forced to turn heel becuase nobody likes him anymore!

They should have turned him heel months ago! They just don't want to give up the merchandising revenue he brings in from his kiddie fans.

They need to do with him what they did with the Rock years ago. Turn him heel, then face, then super heel, then finally face. That'd get him over. It may be too late now though. His useless skills have been exposed.
Jumpin Jack Flash
When was the rock heel?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Apr 8 2006, 04:44 PM)
When was the rock heel?

Very early on. They pushed him as a fresh face and the crowd resented it so they turned him hell, then gave him a subtle face turn. They followed this at the Survivopr series in 1998 (I think that was the year) by having him screw Mankind and side with Vince Mcmahon. Then he was, as I described, a super heel. His natural charisma still made him popular though. I think Cena can be charasmatic if they drop all the rapping and homophobic shit. He has a chance.
Jumpin Jack Flash
Is cena supposed to be homophobic? They would need to seriously reconsider his gimmick if they want me to back him! He sucks!
wibble
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Apr 8 2006, 12:34 PM)
I think that would be Mark Henry? Was he black and have dreadlocks? He's rubbish!

Chad did you get wrestlemania yet??

no not mark henry..a big white dude
he had undertaker by the neck!
chadbeserk
The guy's name is Dalip Singh. He's 7 foot 2 inches tall and built like a brick shithouse. You might remember him from the Adam Sandler remake of "The Longest Yard". He was the guy in seclusion who everyone was shit scared of. Obviously it's just a Giant Gonzales rehash and we all remember how "great" that was.

Cena's suffered because his original character, that made him popular in the first place, has all but disappeared. WWE are doing all they can to change the perception back but it ain't happening. They're billing him as a "working class hero" for the masses, but the masses ain't buying it anymore. They are not buying the cheap pops (which basketball team does he support again?) the lightweight promos/raps, which used to be great when he was heel and allowed to let rip. But seeing as the guy's main fanbase is the female & children market, will they allow the change and possible drop in merchandise sales (which is what it all comes down to)? They've got to turn him heel or tweak his character. Yes, the guy is not a great wrestler but then neither is Hogan or Warrior, and lord knows the world still kisses their arses.
Verstan
WOW DX are reforming that will be sweet

and WWE are Bringing back ECW that will also be cool

maybe vince is waking up or this was all a scheme and the excuse for the crap product as of late
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.