Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWE and company
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jumpin Jack Flash
Ohhhh i see! does anybody rekon kane and big show will split up after their tiff at the rumble?
chadbeserk
Missed the Rumble. First one I've missed in years because it's my favourite PPV. Damn starting new job the next morning!
Jumpin Jack Flash
ah well apparantly big show and kane started scrapping with each other so im guessing it looks like the end of their tag team! who would you like to see form a team?
chadbeserk
I'd like to see Benoit and Angle reteam. But the tag division is in such a state. Rather than put two singles stars together, I'd rather they brought more permanent tag teams in and built them up because quite honestly, the tag division is a mess.
Jumpin Jack Flash
i completly agree i dont think it's been the same since the old TLC matchs between the hardy's the dudley' and Edge and Christian they where fantastic because everybody had a favorourite team
Jumpin Jack Flash
NOO!!! Shawn Michaeals cant retire!!!! do we think he is going to or do you think he will just go to smackdown or something?
chadbeserk
He won't retire yet (though he's still pissed off at having to do the job for Hogan at Summerslam). It's building up the match between HBK and Vince McMahon at Mania 22.
Jumpin Jack Flash
what jobs that?
Henry Krinkle
To 'Job' means to lose a match to.
If I said you were to 'do a job' for me, it wouldn't be anything rude, it would just mean that you would be scheduled to lose a match to me.
The outcome of the matches are predetermined, remember.
Jumpin Jack Flash
ohhh i see, so.. right i get it thankyou mister Krinkle. does this annoy anyone else? Mark Henry was an average wrestler back in his day, but now he is back he is suddenly amazing? same with JBL,bradshaw was nothing special but now they give him two more names and he is the best in the business! well not quite but he is thought upon as one of the top ones.
chadbeserk
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Feb 9 2006, 09:21 PM)
ohhh i see, so.. right i get it thankyou mister Krinkle. does this annoy anyone else? Mark Henry was an average wrestler back in his day, but now he is back he is suddenly amazing? same with JBL,bradshaw was nothing special but now they give him two more names and he is the best in the business! well not quite but he is thought upon as one of the top ones.

Mark Henry aspires to be an average wrestler. At best he is piss poor. He's receiving another push because he signed a massive 10 year contract when WWE first signed him and WWE don't want to release him becasue they'll have to pay it in full. So to try and squeeze some money out of him they will every so often give him a massive push but due to the fact that the guy cannot wrestle, cannot sell, is sloppy as hell and has been known to injure opponents, the reaction he receives is lukewarm amongst the less observant fans at best. The smarks deride him at every opportunity. He's being built up to face the Undertaker at Mania 22. As with all big, lumbering pieces of crap, the only way they can think to push him is by putting him up against Undertaker (see Heidenreich, Giant Gonzales, Kama, Kamala etc etc etc) which very rarely works unless Taker's opponent can actually work a match. Mark my words, Mark Henry vs Undertaker will be a bore fest.

JBL is a different kettle of fish. He does have a small bit of talent but his main thing has been he's a big company man. When WWE were pissed off with any member of the locker room, they would be put in a match with the Acolytes who were basically the office's enforcers in the locker room and the troubling superstar/s would be soon beaten into place. JBL is known to be a bit of a bully and to take liberties in and out of the ring (Blue Meanie is one example, who was legitimately assaulted by JBL at ECW One Night Stand). He only got his postion due to his stroke with the office. As a wrestler, he's average. On the mic, he's good if he's working from a script. As a character, it's just a Dallas rehash of Ted Dibiase's character.
Henry Krinkle
I've heard that JBL can be quite the comedian when working as a heel at a house show. They should use him like that more often (although usually a comical heel has very little credibility).
chadbeserk
JBL used to be a financial analyst for a major news network (which one escapes me right now-though I'm swaying towards CBS, I might be wrong though). Anyway at a house show in Germany, to get some cheap heat from the fans, while in a match, JBL seig heiled the audience and goose-stepped across the ring apron. The fact that such actions are illegal in Germany escaped JBL but caused such a stink that CBS (or whoever) fired him. The WWE on the otherhand rewarded him with the WWE title soon after. There is a video of it doing the rounds on the net, if you look you'll find it. It shouldn't be too hard. And as much as I dislike JBL, it is quite funny in a Fawlty Towers kinda way.
Henry Krinkle
Yeah, I thought it was a tribute to the late Freddy Starr.
Jumpin Jack Flash
Id like to know what happened to farooq. He looked like shaft! by the way do you guys also think that some finishers are just naff? like for example hogans 'atomic' leg drop, or hate to say it but sweet chin music isnt really that good. its just a kick in the face!
Devil in an A cup
QUOTE (chadbeserk @ Jan 23 2006, 01:33 PM)
Hey, as an unashamed fan of the grapplin' game, I thought a Wrestling thread was needed. Some may agree, some will disagree but whatever your thoughts, put em here.

I gave up on it when The Rock (*does the people's eyebrow*) and Stone Cold ('WHAT?!') left. And now with Latino Heat gone (RIP Eddie - I'll miss the mullet) and the Hurricane reverting to just plain old boring 'Gregory Helms' ('What's up wid dat?!,) as well.....well, that's about done it. sad.gif
Jumpin Jack Flash
Just discovered Wikipedia so Chadbeserk doesnt need to keep explaining things to me anymore! heehee! I saw a picture of Ric Flair (in my opinion, a massive tosser, as a human not a wrestler) and he looks rough does he not? he really should just go away somewhere and implode...or something along those lines!
Verstan
I'm a huge grapple fan myself, however i do belive in the Indy's splendid work put forward there.

people can call it fake, and staged and what not, and it is, but it still shows tremendous skill, and abilty, trust me i trained with an small company last summer, and it was ahrd work, we had a trainign seminar by american indy star bryan danielson,a nd his ligth work out wiped us all out, hitting that ring is ahrd, it hurts, nto greatly, but landinf ain't no bed of rose's.

on the other hand, i ahve just aquired a CZW music vid, and well i must say those who watch it will be impressed and repulsed in equal measure
Jumpin Jack Flash
Cool! Im trieng 2 think of something wrestling based so we can continue this thread but all i can think of is the slightly shite' who is ur favourite?'
Verstan
dunno, WWE based, its probably kurt or HHH for pure skill, or most of the ECW alumni, the splendidly insane folks they are.

out of WWE erm samoa joe, american dragon ( i met the guy, he full nelson'd me wow)AJ styles, most of the major indy players, unfortunatyl i have cable not sky thefore no wrestling channel for me sad.gif i want that channel.

if u check the OW thread i mention my wrestlign injurty i can tell ya that hurt.
Jumpin Jack Flash
oh cool!! i like shawn micheals, he makes me laugh. But Bret Hart is my alltime favourite ever, i know thats a bit off a weird combination after the montreal screwjob but i still like em both!
Verstan
your right obscure combo indeed my friend, shawns got skills i do admit, however he need somehting interesting to do now, or at least be allowed to wrestle some 5 star matches

just rewatched the CZW tribute vid, the most sickening thing i have ever seen, imagine all the bloodiest amtchs of the WWE double it, add soem more blood, less inhibitions and make it a tournement, MY GOD, its crazy, wikipedia CZW andread about it.
Jumpin Jack Flash
ok ill look CZW? YEAH?
Jumpin Jack Flash
That sounds amazing!!!!! i really want to watch some now!!!
Verstan
i Limewired a homemade tribute vid was un belivable
Home-Sliced06
Don't think I ever recovered from watching wrestlemania 20. Brock vs Goldberg was a HUGE tank and witnessing Evolution beat The Rock and Sock Connection just ruined it for me.
Verstan
i know what ya mean there,

but theother matches were good, Y2J and christian was a classic, as was the crusierweight invitational a damn good wwe produced cruiser battle in my opinioon
Jumpin Jack Flash
could i get it off limewire?
Verstan
i just put CZW in limewire and foudn it, cant remeber which one it was tho, it was a quicktime file tho
Jumpin Jack Flash
I just watched a ladder match it was brutal i loved it!!
chadbeserk
Benoit/ Triple H/ HBK at Mania 20 was amazing. And the ending with Benoit and Eddie in the ring....well there was many a drunken tear in my house that Monday morning.

The Cruiserweight match at Mania20 was a joke. It was rushed together and not given anywhere near enough time. It's time WWE put some serious effort into the Cruiser division. Though Ultimo Dragon falling over was really funny.

Brock/Goldberg was always going to bomb, once Lesnar decided he was leaving. You could tell from the second he came out, that he could not be bothered in the slightest. Probably miffed that WWE changed the outcome once he announced he was leaving.

Fave wrestler? At the moment, I think HBK has had a fantastic year. Him and Angle are my top picks WWE wise. Outside of WWE, I'd have to say Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.
chadbeserk
If you ever wanted to know what happened to Sid Vicious/Sid Justice/Psycho Sid, here it is.

BE WARNED!- Not for the squemish.

http://media.putfile.com/WCW---Sid-Vicious...reak---Wrestlin
Jumpin Jack Flash
Is it me or is Bret Hart a beast?
chadbeserk
In what sense of the word "beast" do you mean? Poor table manners?
chadbeserk
Bret Hart is to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at this year's Wrestlemania. Very good news indeed.
Verstan
yeah, he truly deserves his place in that hall, im glad he and vince patched things up, lets hope there no double meaning there, and its an honest step forward
Jumpin Jack Flash
Yeah, and I know what you guys mean now as i have been doing some reaserch!
chadbeserk
Just read Shawn Michaels book "Heartbreak and Triumph" It's a good read. There's still a lot of animosity towards Bret, some of it seemingly deserved. Some of it not. But there's little things like how it was Triple H who came up with the whole screw job angle at Montreal. I know Bret is writing a book, and the rumour going around is that it's going to be massive. At one point, it was rumoured, he had reached page 600 and had only got to 1987. But time will tell on that one. My particular stance on it after reading articles and interviews etc is that I believe that Vince McMahon needed to do something to save his company. That night turned the tide against WCW. It was really harsh on Bret and I don't think he deserved that to happen but he could have been a bit more flexible with the ending of the match, leaving WWE on good terms and getting to say a proper goodbye.

One thing I gathered from the book, is that Undertaker scares everyone in real life in the WWE locker room. Shawn's terrified of him.
Verstan
well as they say takers the conscience, in plot and life, he's been around the block, he knows how the game works and well, i wouldn't disrespect the man,

however for that you must remeber, Taker puts on a splendid match with almost every one, so we gott give him a hand for being a splendid carrier, forget the scary ness the mans a consumet profesinal
chadbeserk
So who's gonna be watching Wrestlemania 22?

Any predictions?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (chadbeserk @ Mar 21 2006, 12:11 PM)
So who's gonna be watching Wrestlemania 22?

Any predictions?

I flat our refuse to pay for any WWE event. My Sky Sports subscrioption should cover it.

It's a shame really, one of the most fun nights I had was staying to watch it and going on a wrsetling website at the same time. The infamous Lesnar/Goldberg fight was a surreal experience.
chadbeserk
I resent paying for the crappy PPVs but I will always make an exception for the big four (Royal Rumble, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series) I'll just download the rest.
Jumpin Jack Flash
I wont be watching it due to not owning sky, however i am looking forward to it and i believe Triple H is going to beat John Cena. Purely because of the fans turning on Cena
chadbeserk
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Mar 21 2006, 05:30 PM)
I wont be watching it due to not owning sky, however i am looking forward to it and i believe Triple H is going to beat John Cena. Purely because of the fans turning on Cena

I'm gonna try and tape it. If I'm successful I'll send it to ya.
Jumpin Jack Flash
Cheers chad! Do it! happy.gif
chadbeserk
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Mar 26 2006, 01:11 AM)
Cheers chad! Do it!  happy.gif

I will!
Jumpin Jack Flash
Cool! Do we have a final line up for the wrestlemania matches?
chadbeserk
So far....

WWE Title Match: John Cena © vs Triple H
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Kurt Angle © vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio
No Holds Barred Match: Vince McMahon vs Shawn Michaels
Hardcore Match: Cactus Jack vs Edge
Casket Match: The Undertaker vs Mark Henry
Tag Team Match: Kane & Big Show © vs Carlito & Chris Masters
The Money in the Bank Six Way Ladder Match: Ric Flair vs RVD VS Shelton Benjamin vs Fit Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Bobby Lashley
Singles Match: Boogeyman vs Booker T
Women's Championship Match: Trish Stratus © vs Mickie James
We've got 10 minutes spare to fill with garbage/Playboy Pillow Fight: Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle
Jumpin Jack Flash
Not looking to bad, The pillow fights and things i find rubbish. They're supposed to make you go "mmm girls" but i find myself thinking God this is so boring get some wrestling going. I might be gay. happy.gif
chadbeserk
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ Mar 27 2006, 12:00 PM)
Not looking to bad, The pillow fights and things i find rubbish. They're supposed to make you go "mmm girls" but i find myself thinking God this is so boring get some wrestling going. I might be gay.  happy.gif

It's not gay to think that. I just don't see the point. If I want to see some girl on girl action like that, I'd download better stuff off the net. I'd rather they used the spot for someone who has been training their ass off for years rather than some bimbo with a boob job who rolls around on the floor for five minutes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.