Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The I.T. Crowd
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Llama
I did get a bit distracted by actually watching the episode, in my defence.
weputthemdown583
Here's me throwing shapes (far left)

Me to the left of Benni Wong

Me mingling with the 'vivacious countdown groupies'. I've decided I am the person Moss points out as Steven Pawlin biggrin.gif

Me trying to act impressed hah

And finally, this is my new facebook profile pic! Amazing

Llama
Awesome biggrin.gif
Everlong
Top work! biggrin.gif
Ade
I've meant to point this out before, but isn't weputthemdown583 actually zeden's twin? Minus beard, of course.
Shack
There's a bit of Whitey about him too.
weputthemdown583
Wish I had a beard.
Bloomeeney
QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 3 2010, 03:25 PM) *
Moss is easily the highlight in any episode. It's strange, when The I.T. Crowd first began, I wasn't at all struck by the Moss' character - he just seemed so forced. Now, he's by far my favourite thing in it. Richard Ayoade just may have a lot to do with that.

Have to agree, Moss is pretty cool. But I loved Ayoade in Darkplace and the Boosh too.
Raven
Well done weputthemdown583, clocked you a few times last night (seeing the pictures below first certainly helped!).

I liked the "Chitter" joke.
gulfcoast_highwayman
I was unhappy with them saying that you had to win 8 games (i.e. be an 'octo-champ') to get a Countdown teapot. You only need to win one game for that honour.
Ade
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jul 6 2010, 08:32 PM) *
I was unhappy with them saying that you had to win 8 games (i.e. be an 'octo-champ') to get a Countdown teapot. You only need to win one game for that honour.

I thought the prolonged winning streak in order to win such a lame 'ultimate' prize made it all the funnier.

The "Chitter" gag made me titter also.

Ade
I have to say, that was an uncharacteristically poor episode last night, so far off-base after last week's especially excellent one. It had a few funny elements, but lukewarm funny at best. It was like an incomplete jigsaw puzzle; a puzzle that's made up of pieces from three different jigsaw puzzles, and the pieces are made of jelly. It just simply didn't fit together.

I sincerely hope it was just a blip.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 10 2010, 11:52 AM) *
I have to say, that was an uncharacteristically poor episode last night, so far off-base after last week's especially excellent one. It had a few funny elements, but lukewarm funny at best. It was like an incomplete jigsaw puzzle; a puzzle that's made up of pieces from three different jigsaw puzzles, and the pieces are made of jelly. It just simply didn't fit together.

I sincerely hope it was just a blip.

Oddly, I think the opposite! I really enjoyed it. Apart from the swipe at Scientology being fogged to death, I liked it lots. Moss was very funny, despite having no actual plotline of his own in the episode.
Ade
Genuinely sorry I can't agree with you on that. Just didn't hit my funny bone at all this week.

I'll warrant there were various funny elements, and it began promisingly enough, but the bulk of the 'jokes' felt terribly forced, whilst Roy, Moss and Jen all seemed so very out of character for much of the episode - it didn't feel right at all. The script pushed them all off-target, and the whole court case thing just felt uncomfortably wrong - they really should have taken the story in a different direction - Roy confronting the masseuse about it directly would have made for funnier wtahcing. As it was I thought it was criminal they barely utilised Ralph Ineson after the initial 'something happened'.

Like I say, blip. Hopefully back on form next week.
PrincessKate
Was it just me or was Matt Berry really overpronouncing HellYCoper! ?
It made me giggle.
Ade
Matt Berry's overpronouncing is always good for a giggle.
Raven
It was a bit of a mixed bag this week, with no clear idea where it was going.

There were some good jokes - "I would have used my hand for good" - but I feel they should have gone with either Roy or Jens plot, and not tried to do both of them (and yes, the court scene was painful, and not very funny).
Rua
Without Matt Berry, this series has little to nothing. What's of more concern is that it's still better than whatever else has been commissioned at the moment.
Jon 79
I totally agree with Ade on this episode.
Aside from the lack of any LOL-worthy moment (of which there's usually at least 1 or 2), the separate plot lines had nothing to do with each other... the better episodes will have separate plots come together at the end somehow.

Still... your worst episode of IT Crowd is still better than your best episode of [insert any BBC1 8:30 comedy].
Everlong
Only just watched it.

It was a bit of a mess, not in a terrible way, but the two plots put together made it a bit rushed. We didn't see enough of either story. And I agree with Raven about the court scene, bit cringey. Still liked it though. Moss being serious about the arse kissing was funny, and I liked Reynholm's spaceology and hand stuff.

"I'd have used my robot hand for good!"
GundamGuy_UK
I just watched the Countdown episode.

I've not laughed so much in a long time.
Shack
I really liked last weeks episode.

Especially having seen this weeks episode, which, although featuring Martino Lazzeri from off of Hollyoaks gone by and a Mansun video, was quite poor.
maian
I quite liked this week's, but that may be because I started out watching How Not To Live Your Life and so anything else was an improvement. I did like the reveal of Roy having built a scale model of SeasWorld (sp?) and Moss saying "I'll be able to own an iPhone without paying any money to Apple. I'll be living the dream!"
logger
I liked Roy's girlfriend.
PrincessKate
Moss in a grabber machine!

Nice to see Martino Lazzerini getting some work, too. I'm just not enjoying the cringing humour, specifically how it's directed at Roy. All the frigging time.
GundamGuy_UK
Was this not on this week? Wikipedia claims it was, but the episode isn't on 4OD and nobody here is talking about it.
logger
It was on. It was a good episode because it was Moss-centric.
GundamGuy_UK
Hmmm. Maybe it'll turn up on 4OD in a couple of days?
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Jul 25 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Hmmm. Maybe it'll turn up on 4OD in a couple of days?

Here.
GundamGuy_UK
Awesome, thanks. I usually watch shows on their YouTube channel, which until now I'd assumed was updated just as frequently as their own site.
logger
That was pretty rubbish. I did like the sexy, female McCoy though.

If there is another series then Moss should be on screen at all times. If he's not then the others should be asking where's Moss.
Llama
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 30 2010, 10:36 PM) *
If there is another series then Moss should be on screen at all times. If he's not then the others should be asking where's Moss.

biggrin.gif
Everlong
As great as Matt Berry is, a whole episode of Reynholm isn't so great.

I liked the episode, but it flopped a bit for a series finale.

Sexy Star Trek and "Goths to Boss" were funny though.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jul 30 2010, 11:23 PM) *
As great as Matt Berry is, a whole episode of Reynholm isn't so great.

But he isn't. He's so one-note. And having to follow a true comic genius can't be easy.
PrincessKate
Still, Mrs Ben Miller is a good distraction.

I'm getting annoyed by Linehan's habit of doing a cameo in EVERY series. It's so uneccessary. Other writers manage not to.
Raven
Very poor series overall (to the point that I forgot about last weeks episode entirely).

There have been some good moments, but they were too few and far between.

I wonder if C4 will regret ordering series five before this one aired?
Shack
Almost as though the series was written when the cast had different commitments, but still enough in there to enjoy.

Would love a fifth series.
Raven
Well there's a Christmas special and another series on the cards, so I hope you enjoy them!
Everlong
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 1 2010, 09:43 AM) *
But he isn't. He's so one-note. And having to follow a true comic genius can't be easy.

Well, I meant in small doses, but a Douglas-centric episode is bad, he was grating a bit at one point. Definitely no Chris Morris though, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 3 2010, 10:34 PM) *
Well there's a Christmas special and another series on the cards, so I hope you enjoy them!

I still look forward to future episodes, but this series was much weaker. Did still like it though.
Raven
I think the structure of this series was wrong.

Okay, so not all of the previous series was great either, but it did have some classic episodes (FriendFace and The Internet Box episodes in particular).

I think the I.T. Crowd works best for me when it picks a single topical theme and sets about lampooning it, or when episodes are built up solely for the killer punch-line at the end.

This series most of the episodes didn't seem to have any real direction, and consequently most of them foundered because of that.
Zoe
Totally disagree. I haven't been that fussed since series one, but really enjoyed this last run (I seem to be on my own about Mitchell and Webb improving too).

That said, nothing beats Adam Buxton as 'the news'.

I don't think they'll regret ordering series five, I believe this series has had the best ratings of any series so far, with Friday's (which was hilarious) smashing their previous records.
Sostie
Watched the US Pilot for the IT Crowd last night.

The only difference between the US version and the UK is the cast and the accents. It was a crabon copy of the 1st UK episode. Richard Ayoade was still Moss, and Joel McHale was a pretty good Roy. Not sure about the American Jen and Denham though. They weren't bad, just not as good.

Kind of wish it made one season if only to see how they expanded it to a longer run and who they'd have as Richmond

Everlong
Someone put a comparison vid on Youtube of the first few minutes with Jen arriving. Pretty amusing to see that it was almost in perfect sync.

I've yet to see it, I'll check it out soon.
Baz
And no more IT Crowd, well apart from a special to end it all - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15404501
logger
The last series wasn't very good.
Raven
QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 2 2010, 12:32 PM) *
I wonder if C4 will regret ordering series five before this one aired?

Possibly not, but I can't say I'm sorry to hear that it isn't going to get another full run.

Hopefully the special will end things in a definitive way, with the company going bust so they don't have an excuse to go back to the format again at a later date.

Ade
Has there been any further word on a farewell special ever actually happening for this...?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.