Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The I.T. Crowd
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Sir_Robin_the_brave
From the Channel 4 press release:

"The I.T. Crowd is a joyous and surreal look at the underclass of every company. Jen (Katherine Parkinson), a career gal, finds herself working with two socially inept geeks in an information technology department, located in the basement of Reynholm Industries. The I.T. guys are roundly despised by everyone who works above ground. Jen is new to the company and, through some sort of horrible administrative error, has found herself in the post of Relationship Manager for the department.

This puts her in direct contact with Roy (Chris O'Dowd) and Moss (Richard Ayoade) two men who share a love of technology, pizza, science fiction and very little else. They are not used to being around women. Hilarity ensues!"

I personally am really looking forward to this. Graham Linehan's sitcom writing has never failed to be top-notch and a role for a certain Christopher Morris (playing the department boss Denham) is excellent news. There will also be guest appearances from Noel Fielding and Adam Buxton. Fingers crossed it should be very good.

*crosses fingers*
Zoe
Like the trailers, love Richard Ayoade, have worked briefly in the Computer Studies department of North Lincolnshire College.

Can't wait.

If you really can't wait, go here and sign up for this.

The I.T. Crowd begins at 3 Feb 9.30pm on Channel 4 but you can watch the WORLD PREMIERE right here on channel4.com from Jan 27 one week before transmission!

WeŽll also be showing all the other episodes first - a week before you can see them on the TV - so sign up today and weŽll tell you when you can tune in.
Jessopjessopjessop
I'm so looking forward to this! I has all the right ingredients, but who will win? The red, green or blue kitchens?
Poppa Burgundy
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 23 2006, 03:27 PM)
I'm so looking forward to this! I has all the right ingredients, but who will win? The red, green or blue kitchens?

Well you do sound like Dean Learner
Svein
I love the fact that the trailers are using one of my fave bands... POISON!
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Poppa Burgundy @ Jan 23 2006, 02:38 PM)
Well you do sound like Dean Learner

Shut it - or I'll be all over you like knockers in a wind tunnel.
sleeping_pirate
I can't wait to see this, it looks good. I'm seeing the Boosh the night it starts so I must remember to set up a tape for it!
goonofgoonhall
You all f***ing rule!!!
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (goonofgoonhall @ Jan 23 2006, 05:02 PM)
You all f***ing rule!!!

I know.
Zoe

I still would.
fear_of_pop
I would even more than usual.
Stella MM
I'm so glad you said that.
Poppa Burgundy
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 23 2006, 04:01 PM)
Shut it - or I'll be all over you like knockers in a wind tunnel.

I'm treading on egg shells, vis a vis Adam
ronlogan1977
Sounds like a similar set up to Black Books` 2 loveable geeks and a girl.
And is probably all the better for it too.
maian
I don't see why people are comparing it to Black Books, it has a similar number of characters and the gender ratio is the same, but why else would they be the same? Becasue Graham Lineham wrote it? By that logic Black Books would be the same as Father Ted, which is not true. I'm waiting to watch it before saying whether or not it is similar to his other work.

Rant over.
Zoe
QUOTE (maian @ Jan 24 2006, 11:36 AM)
I don't see why people are comparing it to Black Books, it has a similar number of characters and the gender ratio is the same, but why else would they be the same? Becasue Graham Lineham wrote it? By that logic Black Books would be the same as Father Ted, which is not true. I'm waiting to watch it before saying whether or not it is similar to his other work.

This show is very much like you would expect Black Books meets Father Ted and I can see it being just as successful but that depends on how the series pans out.

Review from EduGeek.net
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Really looking forward to this now.
Jessopjessopjessop
It's funny how Ayoade keeps playing really naff losers when he's clearly a cool mo-fo in real life.
fear_of_pop
I love his cool mo-fro.
Kick in the Head
I am looking forward to this more than anything else at the moment (well, perhaps except 24 Season 5 in the UK).
Ingram
This should be excellent, although knowing me I'll probably forget when it's on and have to get it off t'internet somehow. As a fan of Black Books and Father Ted I would be happy with a mix of both, but anything a little more original would be awesome too.
whitey
Linehan isn't exactly the sort to repeat himself. I'm expecting total accuracy with the geek stuff.
Hobbes
I've read and seen nothing but the ad, but I'm getting a vibe that this will suck beyond belief. I'll try and watch it though.
Oh, have the Channel 4 announcers worked out how to say it yet? Thus far I've heard 'The it crowd" and "the IT crowd". Pick one.
whitey
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jan 24 2006, 06:12 PM)
I'm getting a vibe that this will suck beyond belief.

but the back catalogue...
Blind I/O
I very much doubt this will be anything less than enjoyable.
Ingram
QUOTE (whitey @ Jan 24 2006, 06:23 PM)

It certainly speaks volumes.
whitey
I'd forgotten all about Paris.
Zoe
You said you'd always remember Paris, you cad.
whitey
I have no memory of saying that.
Hobbes
QUOTE (whitey @ Jan 24 2006, 06:23 PM)

Ah I see now. Anyone who has written for Brass Eye and The Day Today is certainly good enough for me. I might actually watch this now.
Kirstie
I'll give this one a go, the trailers look alright.
Ingram
I always think the party bit of the trailer is one of those really bad hair-gel commercials and consequently I toned out the first few of them but then realised there was a 'channel 4' bit at the end. I was pleasantly surprised when I watched one of them all the way through for the first time.
Stella MM
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jan 24 2006, 06:12 PM)
I've read and seen nothing but the ad, but I'm getting a vibe that this will suck beyond belief. I'll try and watch it though.
Oh, have the Channel 4 announcers worked out how to say it yet? Thus far I've heard 'The it crowd" and "the IT crowd". Pick one.

The trailer doesn't look good, it must be said, but I think that's because it looks like it's going to be very much a departure from the recent Channel 4 sitcoms like Nathan Barley. Graham Linehan said as much in the interview he did with Chortle (linked at the top of the thread I think?). It's going to be hard to readjust to live audiences, straightforward gags and filming on video again.
Footbacon
When I saw the trailer, my first thought was that it was going to be rubbish.

But after reading on this thread that Graham Linehan wrote it, I can't wait!
Oisi-wan Kemansell
I'm Excited, Who's watching it on the web?
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Jan 24 2006, 09:11 PM)
The trailer doesn't look good, it must be said, but I think that's because it looks like it's going to be very much a departure from the recent Channel 4 sitcoms like Nathan Barley. Graham Linehan said as much in the interview he did with Chortle (linked at the top of the thread I think?). It's going to be hard to readjust to live audiences, straightforward gags and filming on video again.

I've already taken against the token woman in it, despite having only seen a 5-second clip of her in action.

Also, that's Pete Serafinowicz doing the voice of the lift, isnt it?
Henry Krinkle
I saw a very brief trailer. I think I glimpsed Chris Morris in a moustache. This will surely be comedy gold.
spacegurl
Not that impressed by the trailer. Hopefully it's better than it looks.
ronlogan1977
I thought Spaced would be crap from its trailer, while I thought Nathan Barley would be the best thing ever. Wrong on both counts.
Best not to go by these things.
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (ronlogan1977 @ Jan 25 2006, 11:29 PM)
I thought Spaced would be crap from its trailer, while I thought Nathan Barley would be the best thing ever. Wrong on both counts.
Best not to go by these things.

I want to agree with you! But it is hard, for you have tainted the good name of Barley.
Still, I agree with the rest. Well said, Sir.
ronlogan1977
I didn`t hate Nathan Barley. There were only a few really good bits in though.
I`m not as tough on it as this reviewer is. It`s just that I was expecting the Moon on a Stick considering it was Morris AND Brooker.
Oisi-wan Kemansell
Where's the trailer?

Dammit where is everybody
"Ź Hello Ź"
feckless_dykey_prostitute
This may seem like a stupid question, but is it called The I.T Crowd or The 'it' Crowd. I've heard many versions...
Baz
They say "IT" crowd on the trailer.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (feckless_dykey_prostitute @ Jan 26 2006, 04:37 PM)
This may seem like a stupid question, but is it called The I.T Crowd or The 'it' Crowd. I've heard many versions...

Ahhh, see it's like a play on words because they are the farthest thing from being in the "It" crowd.
Zoe
But they said I.T. Crowd on the earlier 'office party' trailer, so I don't know what to believe.

Naming sit-coms is hard.
Chapman Baxter
The first episode's up on the C4 website now. Has anybody watched it? I think it's very promising - there were some great bits of physical comedy and some good gags. I give it a provisional Baxter thumbs up, with a second thumb pending.
Footbacon
sad.gif For some reason it won't play for me. sad.gif
maian
Certainly a promising opener, though I want to watch it on a decent screen before deciding, there's something off-putting about watching something on a computer. It's definitely superior to the show that the trailers (especially the ones that have just started being shown) suggested it would be. Maybe not a Ftaher Ted beater, but another worthy addition to Lineham's CV.

They just called it 'The 'it' Crowd', I'm decidedly irritated about that.
shinyelvenqueen
I get the impression they've taken all the funnny bits and put them in the adverts. It may be a grey void with the occasional sparkle. Perhaps like the Dweebs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.