Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Raven
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 22 2006, 06:18 AM)
I hope Gene and Sam can handle themselves in a finger-gun fight. 

They didn't use fingers . . . wacko.gif

Wow, that was intense, but bloody good telly! smile.gif
Sostie
Marvellous show....now have to wait til' 2007 for the next series! Bollocks.

Doctor Who, Life On Mars...let's hope BBC can do a great genre TV hat-trick. Blake's 7 update perhaps?
NiteFall
Well there's the forthcoming A For Andromeda...
thirtyhelens
Oh, vomit...

Kelley to Show Life on Mars
Source: Variety March 28, 2006

David E. Kelley has landed format rights to buzzworthy BBC series Life on Mars and set it up at as a one-hour drama at ABC, reports Variety.

"Mars," from U.K.-based Kudos Film & Television, revolves around a modern-day police detective who finds himself transported back to 1973. Kelley will write and executive produce the pilot via his company's overall deal at 20th Century Fox TV.

Stephen Garrett and Jane Featherstone of Kudos will also serve as executive producers. ABC has ordered a pilot for fall 2007, with a significant penalty attached if the project doesn't move forward to series.

The project came together relatively quickly following the BBC premiere of "Mars" in January. The U.K. show generated big ratings -- more than 7 million viewers its first night -- and an order for a second season.

"Mars," which takes its title from the David Bowie track, focuses on Det. Sam Tyler, who gets into a near-fatal car wreck shortly after his girlfriend is kidnapped by a serial killer. He wakes up in 1973, still a cop but in a completely alien universe.

Further complicating matters: The first case he tackles in the 1970s seems to have links to the serial killer who nabbed his girlfriend. Viewers don't know whether Sam has gone crazy, traveled through time or is actually still in a coma and dreaming the whole thing.

David E. fucking Kelley, of all people. Oy.
Dodge
That was fast.
Raven
The DVD release date has been pulled forward to 15th May.
thirtyhelens
Heads up, Yanks! - Life On Mars (the real one, not the sure to be crap upcoming remake) begins airing on BBC America from July 24. See it before David E. Kelley wee's on it in public.
Raven
How cool is this? cool.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 23 2007, 05:19 PM)

I've just dribbled green tea down my chin. laugh.gif
Raven
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 24 2007, 01:23 AM)
I've just dribbled green tea down my chin.  laugh.gif

I must have seen it a dozen times now and I'm still laughing! tongue.gif
thirtyhelens
I've never even seen Camberwick Green and I'm still laughing.

What's with the "next month", though? Dates, dammit, we need dates!
Raven
My guess is that it will be on once the current run of Waking the Dead is over - which would make it Monday 19th February.

That's assuming they want to keep the 9.00pm Monday evening time slot that is . . . smile.gif
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jan 24 2006, 07:39 PM)
Edited the sub-title of the thread to make it a generic dumping ground for posts on the show! Raven (24/01/07).

S'alright.

QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 24 2007, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 24 2007, 01:26 AM)
I must have seen it a dozen times now and I'm still laughing!  tongue.gif

That's brilliant. I saw the picture of the models in the paper yesterday and cracked up.

Can't wait to see that episode.

Wonder if they'll have a naked Uncle Guber burning his balls in oats.

QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 24 2007, 01:32 AM)
I've never even seen Camberwick Green and I'm still laughing.

The only proper bit of Camberwick Green I could find is the closing titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOd0DJ_iaAQ...related&search=

However, this is Trumpton. Practically the same thing but with very slightly different characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ZWWwV4_-M...related&search=

Ahh, my childhood comes flooding back.

Wife Of Rolex
Ade

Utter Brilliance. biggrin.gif

I am so looking forward to the new series.
Igmeister

biggrin.gif

Tremendous.
Ade
With any luck, the CG puppets will supplant the test card girl gimmick for this series.
Raven
QUOTE (Ade @ Jan 24 2007, 11:42 AM)
With any luck, the CG puppets will supplant the test card girl gimmick for this series.

I've seen pictures of Gene Hunt dressed up as Tuffty the Squirel (from the old road safety ads), I can't wait to see what that's all about!
Crutch
Not that anyone would care except for me, but the first series will air next week on German telly. (In a semi-rubbish dubbing.)
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Crutch @ Jan 24 2007, 02:39 PM)
Not that anyone would care except for me, but the first series will air next week on German telly. (In a semi-rubbish dubbing.)

What makes it semi-rubbish?
Crutch
Well, the German dubbing is probably the best you could get in the whole world in most cases, but I'm always pissed off, when all the accent get lost in Brittish shows. Especially, when I know them in the original.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jan 23 2007, 07:21 PM)
S'alright.
That's brilliant. I saw the picture of the models in the paper yesterday and cracked up.

They really ought to license these.

I need a plasticene Gene Hunt for my desk at work.
Wife Of Rolex
^
It's my new wallpaper. biggrin.gif

Wife Of Rolex
thirtyhelens
Betting most of the UK crew have seen this, but:

LoM Series 2 trailer (with footage this time) wink.gif

*wibble*
Raven
Two hours of top telly! Great stuff! cool.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Raven @ Feb 13 2007, 11:26 PM)
Two hours of top telly!  Great stuff!  cool.gif

Can't deny it. Great stuff.
Jon 79
Does anyone know if they're repeating the 1st series anytime soon? ... (i've only seen the 1st couple of episodes)
PrincessKate
They just finished showing it last week so I doubt they've any plans to repeat it soon.

Having only been introduced to it last week, this weekend we speedily polished off all eight episodes of series one in pereparation for tonight and I can't believe I ever missed it - it's absolutely brilliant. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of cop shows, or sci fi Life on Mars just does it for me - especially the witty dialogue.

And I also fancy Gene Hunt, but that's by the by.
thirtyhelens
*puts fingers in ears, hums "Silver Machine" for the time being*

Ooh, the phone's ringing, it might be my dealer...
PrincessKate
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 14 2007, 12:34 AM)
*puts fingers in ears, hums "Silver Machine" for the time being*

Ooh, the phone's ringing, it might be my dealer...

*Puts on Hot Love and dances in a faux-Mick Jagger-y way*
thirtyhelens
"What was her name?"
"Migraine."
"German bird?"

laugh.gif Thank fuck they're back.
Jimmay
Did anybody watch the second episode on BBC4. I started but then decided it would just result in Hollyoaks syndrome. I've decided to save it for the penultimate episode which is sure to have some sort of cliffhanger in it.
PrincessKate
I did because we're hopefully going out next week so we decided to make sure we were ahead of the game - Anything I say will probably spoiler too much, but it's slightly different to previous episodes.
Wife Of Rolex
I missed the first episode. Dammit!

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Feb 13 2007, 11:54 PM)
Does anyone know if they're repeating the 1st series anytime soon? ... (i've only seen the 1st couple of episodes)

They repeated it on BBC4 for the 4 weeks leading up the start of this series. You'd be better of getting the 1st series on DVD if you want to catch up quickly. It wouldn't be a waste of money.

Wife Of Rolex
Withnail
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 14 2007, 12:18 PM)
I missed the first episode. Dammit!
They repeated it on BBC4 for the 4 weeks leading up the start of this series. You'd be better of getting the 1st series on DVD if you want to catch up quickly. It wouldn't be a waste of money.
Wife Of Rolex

And it's a tenner in Woolworths at the moment.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Withnail @ Feb 14 2007, 03:19 PM)

Damn. I bought it at full price when it first came out but only got a chance to re-watch it a couple of weeks ago. I could've saved myself a small (very very small) fortune.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Withnail @ Feb 14 2007, 03:19 PM)

Right that's me in Woolies this weekend.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Withnail @ Feb 14 2007, 07:19 AM)

Gaaah. Fuck's sake - they want $65 for it over here at Amoeba.
PrincessKate
Hmmm, says on the Woolies site that it's £20...
Raven
That was superb! cool.gif

Tony Blair at a swinger’s party, excellent!

"What's a vol-au-vent?"

"It's a pastry case with a savoury filling"

"So it's a pie then?"
biggrin.gif
tigerlily
I'm only watching this the noo because of stupid River Shitty (ho ho ho) and regional programming.

Damnit, I'm tired and want my bed.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 13 2007, 03:11 PM)
Any naked flesh is good naked flesh.

Really I just want to see Glenister and Lancaster in their tiny pants again.

Well one out of two ain't bad. tongue.gif

That was such a brilliant episode, even if the basic plot was a bit thin. The dialogue made it, particularly Gene's instruction to stop sniffing the dead woman's hair, and how he punched a bloke for speaking French.

Needless to say Chris was all the adorable too, although I was sure when they asked him if he threw up he was going to say 'no... the other end'. And not the back, either.
gulfcoast_highwayman
What a missed opportunity.

They had Annie in a tennis skirt.

They could have recreated the ionic image of the decade.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 14 2007, 01:23 AM)
Needless to say Chris was all the adorable too, although I was sure when they asked him if he threw up he was going to say 'no... the other end'. And not the back, either.

Not even Chris is that much of a div.

Ok, maybe he is...
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 14 2007, 08:10 AM)
Not even Chris is that much of a div.

Ok, maybe he is...

He's learning - he has ladykiller sam as his mentor.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Raven @ Mar 13 2007, 02:25 PM)
"What's a vol-au-vent?"

"It's a pastry case with a savoury filling"

"So it's a pie then?"
  biggrin.gif

Intercut with the other dialogue. THAT is what made that so funny. laugh.gif

Superb. Although I called the real culprit about halfway through, it was still quite excellent. I am easily swayed, however, by shitloads of hideously fab 70's decor. Oooooooooh. Lucite.

Right, that's about all the UST I can handle for one week. *fans self* Turns down a drink so he can go sit in front of the damn idiot box waiting for a "sign." Stuuupid man.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 15 2007, 04:15 PM)
Intercut with the other dialogue.  THAT is what made that so funny.  laugh.gif

Similar thing with Annie describing how she first met 'Tony'.
laugh.gif
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 15 2007, 04:15 PM)
Although I called the real culprit about halfway through, it was still quite excellent.

Yeah, I did too. I figured they wouldn't have cast Eva Pope just to play innocent. You can usually tell who the real killer is going to turn out to be by the particular actors in the roles.

Wife Of Rolex
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 15 2007, 04:25 PM)
Yeah, I did too.

I didn't, so I felt really stupid when it turned out shedunnit.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 15 2007, 04:26 PM)
I didn't, so I felt really stupid when it turned out shedunnit.

Ahh, well I guess it helps if you're aware of certain actors' previous roles. Or just lucky guessing. tongue.gif

Wife Of Rolex
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 15 2007, 04:30 PM)
Ahh, well I guess it helps if you're aware of certain actors' previous roles. Or just lucky guessing.  tongue.gif
Wife Of Rolex

When it was revealed I was all 'oh... oh right!', although if you ask me she wasn't very good at it - in broad daylight passing right in front of some kids? Tsk, smacks of bad planning.

There was also a lot of 'Toyah!'ing in our living room whilst we watched it, as once we've picked up on something we like to run with it.

"...she's still got her knickers on" Made me laugh hysterically and then go 'Ooh, oh no. Very poor taste'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.