Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Mighty Boosh
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
feckless_dykey_prostitute
So, which series of The Mighty Boosh do you prefer? Personally, I'm liking Series 1 more because I find it strangely funnier that the second series. Although I do like the second series aswell, the first has more appeal to me somehow.

Your thoughts?
sleeping_pirate
Even though I fell madly in love with series 1 the minute I saw it, series 2 seems to have something extra... I just think I like the change of scenery every week and like Noel and Julian said, they seem to get to the adventure a lot quicker. More songs as well which is always good. And more Barratt nudity... smile.gif
feckless_dykey_prostitute
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Feb 27 2006, 08:27 PM)
More songs as well which is always good. And more Barratt nudity... smile.gif

Songs are always good! What is it with Barratt, though? I don't get it. I think I should check out the Barratt thread a bit more... biggrin.gif
stinketta
Whoops. I meant to vote for series 1 but I am a retard.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
The first series has Dixon Bainbridge and I there's something about the Zoo-niverse that I adore. Better gags too although I'm enjoying them more second time round. No moon either, which seals it.
fatseff1234
What? Do they leave the zoo or something? I haven't seen the second series :shame:
Zoe
I like the radio series, if there was a book I would prefer that.

In fact I prefer the Edinburgh show.

No wait, I liked it just before they came up with the idea.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Feb 27 2006, 11:31 PM)
What? Do they leave the zoo or something? I haven't seen the second series :shame:

They do indeed leave the zoo behind for the second series. It does allow for some even wackier sets though.
Chris
For me at least, this poll is a no brainer! Series 1 is fantastic. Series 2 was, for the most part, very disappointing IMO.

"Cheekbone! So cutting edge it goes out of date every three hours. You can't buy it in the shops, it's delivered by ninjas" was inspired.

Love the moon but in the end, 'he' became the only thing i looked out for each week. I quite liked Nanageddon - Richard "The Crunch" Ayoade was very good in that episode. The only episode that i totally enjoyed from start to finish was Milky Joe. Mainly because it replicated the style and form of the first series, in that; it relied on the dynamic between Vince and Howard for its comedy moments. In the Milky Joe episode, the two of them are the only ones in it for approx 25 minutes so they have the chance to just piss around and piss each other off. All the other episodes of Series two seem to try too hard for wackyness. The character development is pretty shoddy IMO, and there's too much of Bollo. He's not really a strong enough character to sustain more than the odd glimpse. Anyway, them's my [perhaps controversial] opinions. I was/and am quite a fan of the Boosh boys, but was just disappointed in the series two output.

C

P.S. I'm still a fan as I am going to see them live tomorrow in Tunbridge Wells. Is it any good?...I fear that it may be too "Series Two[ish] for my taste!
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 27 2006, 11:35 PM)
I like the radio series, if there was a book I would prefer that.

In fact I prefer the Edinburgh show.

No wait, I liked it just before they came up with the idea.

tee hee.

I can't choose, I like it all.
Henry Krinkle
For me, series 1 was more consistent (probably due to it being a tried and tested formula). Series 2 was a bit more hit and miss, with Nanageddon being my favourite (the board of Shamen are brilliant), and Fountain Of Youth being my least favourite (I thought it was too self indulgent).
Like most people here, I do enjoy a bit of Moon/Noir banter, and this is a bit more polished in the first series. Series 1 gets my vote.
The-Mystical-Dude
I voted for Series 1. But i agree with Zoe, I thought the Radio show was the best. There was something about visualising the show that beats what they manage to put up on screen. But isn't that always the way. They seemed to change a few of the gags for the worse in my opinion.
joycee bannercheck
Series 1 for me without shadow of a doubt. There's more banter between Howard and Vince for a start and I feel comfy in the zoo.
I would have voted for the radio series had it been an option but beggars/choosers and all that.
zeden
Series 2- Old Greg. Nuff said.
Sean of the Dead
Heh heh, Zeden likes mangina... tongue.gif
zeden
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Sep 15 2006, 07:12 PM)
Heh heh, Zeden likes mangina... tongue.gif

Especially fishy mangina. biggrin.gif
Crutch
The Zoo-setting and "Electro" and "Bollo" makes it series 1 for me.
fear_of_pop
I couldn't vote before because the second series was still new. But I've voted for series one now. Series two was better in some ways but the first one was friendlier and happier, so it's the one I rewatch more often. But only by a teeny bit.
Baz
Has to be the second series for me as it moves a lot faster than the first, although the first is also great.
whixie
Why no radio show option? Oh all right, series 1 then for reasons already stated.
kiss my empty bag
series one has a lovely low budget charm about it!
catherinecw
one for rewatchability.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.