Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuzz: Parodies/Homage
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Jsarrin
Well as sure and Spaced and SotD were peppered with nods and salutes to various films and so on Hot Fuzz is bound to go down the same lines. The question is which ones?

It's a fair bet they'll hit on the big american buddy cop movies but what else do you think will get a look in?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Jsarrin @ Apr 6 2006, 01:14 PM)
It's a fair bet they'll hit on the big american buddy cop movies but what else do you think will get a look in?

Indeed - Leathal Weapon? James Bond?

Maybe an Edward Woodward Equaliser/ Wicker Man reference?

I guarantee a Shaun of the Dead reference - poster in the background, girl on checkout or something...
kateykinz
I thought it would be more Inspector Morse and Midsomer Murders...
Jsarrin
They've billed it as an action comedy - i don't see midsommer or morse as being action based. Have you seen the video blog of Simon Pegg doing the training?
Raven
There's bound to be a Sweeny/Starsky and Hutch parody some where - Pegg or Frost trying to slide across a car bonnet and failing badly perhaps?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Raven @ Apr 6 2006, 03:42 PM)
Pegg or Frost trying to slide across a car bonnet and failing badly perhaps?

Heh, yeah!
NiteFall
A Tesco value version Huggy Bear perhaps?
Kick in the Head
I hope its not too 70s cop show - surely the Starsky and Hutch movie and the recent Life on Mars TV show have covered all those clichés?

I'd rather have a bit where they try to shoot a gun held sideways, or two-handed gunplay, or try and fire an uzi with one hand, and they miss everything, as they realise that you can't aim for toffee like that.

It'd be nice if there was some sort of reference to Spaced series 2 with all the hand-gun-play. Maybe Nick gets a gun for the first time and starts making bang-bang sound effects...

Or maybe some World's Wildest Police Videos or Lights, Camera, Action! reference.
rabbit57i
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Apr 6 2006, 11:57 AM)
I hope its not too 70s cop show - surely the Starsky and Hutch movie and the recent Life on Mars TV show have covered all those clichés?

Yes, but the zombie genre was pretty done to death & look what they did with that. happy.gif
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Apr 6 2006, 06:16 PM)
Yes, but the zombie genre was pretty done to death & look what they did with that.  happy.gif

True - I'm sure whatever they did do would have the Pegg and Wright comedy sheen. From the looks of things, they will be keeping the same balance of parody and tribute, as I'm looking forward to some top-notch action sequences as well.
Svein
They're gonna have to a get Ford Capri ala The Professionals in there somewhere!
frostitute
In the third video blog, Nick said he ate two cakes, dunno if that was a joke or part of an actual shot (multiple takes).

Not really a homage/parody, but just something that I thought about.
The-Mystical-Dude
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 6 2006, 02:25 PM)
Maybe an Edward Woodward Equaliser/ Wicker Man reference?

Edgar Used these two films as a reference for inspiration at the Wells meeting.
Rua
Die Hard, Die Hard, Die Hard
The-Mystical-Dude
QUOTE (Rua @ Apr 7 2006, 11:03 AM)

Yippy-ki-yay Mother Fucker
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (The-Mystical-Dude @ Apr 7 2006, 09:39 AM)
Edgar Used these two films as a reference for inspiration at the Wells meeting.

Bam!
Jsarrin
QUOTE (Rua @ Apr 7 2006, 11:03 AM)

Don't tell me they're going to do the whole film barefoot???
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 6 2006, 05:25 AM)
Indeed - Leathal Weapon?

Somewhere or other - Empire? - they specifically singled out Shane Black as an inspiration.
Sostie
I would love to see this guy turn up on screen

And immediately get killed off smile.gif
DeadMike
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 20 2006, 03:23 PM)

And immediately get killed off  smile.gif

Yeah!!!! That guy's awesome! He's a bad guy in every movie. If that got him in it that would be hysterical.
Tim Bisley
I'll be quite dissapointed if they don't take the piss out of Poirot (Agatha Christie). You can't not have a police movie in the countryside, without refencing Morse, Frost (Davis Jason thing) and Poirot! laugh.gif
Crutch
They should drop a hint to Simon's connection to M:I:3
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 20 2006, 11:23 AM)

And immediately get killed off  smile.gif

LEONG! laugh.gif Quality.

Watching Blog #5 and recalling how much they guys said they dig Raising Arizona, t'would be funny to see some kind of nod to that supermarket shoot-out.
Bradders
The Killer?

The thought occurred. At least I think it was the thought and not the intention.
rabbit57i
Well, the first references are coming through. Check this out to see which movie posters they are parodying. Brill!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.