Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny Monologues
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Comedy
diosadeluna
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]
Hi everyone, my boyfriend lent out our Spaced DVDs and now I'm desperate for a monologue, I have an audition tomorrow, and since I live in good ol' Reno, Nevada, nobody here knows what Spaced is, which means no one else would use the same piece. I was just wondering if anyone knew a good female monologue from the show, or any other funny UK show, American TV is so lame.
Thanks,
Diana
Simsydav
Whats a monologue?
Atara
Dammit, I tried to hunt for some online scripts but had no luck. My memory for entire Monologues is disgracefu, sorry...

Good Luck though!
Jumpin Jack Flash
You should do the monologue at the end of the first series about walking in on yourself while wanking.
Raven
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ May 21 2006, 05:42 PM)
You should do the monologue at the end of the first series about walking in on yourself while wanking.

'cause that always goes down well at an interview . . .

I'm trying to think of something suitable but I'm not sure - how about doing Daisy's "Rabits! Rabits! Rabits!" piece? Or Tim's dog-phobia story?
Bradders
I'm afriad I couldn't find any scripts but Talking Heads by Alan Bennett was a series of monologues to camera and included an the episode 'A Woman of No Importance' with Patricia Routledge:

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tv/id/505008/index.html

Hope that is of some use or help
curtinparloe
The problem with a lot of the monologues in Spaced is that they're not really suitable for an audition - they're great for the characters, but unless you know the characters they don't make as much sense as they could. You could do the fashion magazine interview, perhaps, but you'd probably need to explain the background to it.
widowspider
And you could also look at 'FunHouse' by Eric Bogosian - I was just in a production of it and it is a great show and very funny. It's a whole play of monologues so there is lots to choose from.

If you're really set on an English piece, try Road by Jim Cartwright and also Bed and Two by the same writer.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (widowspider @ May 22 2006, 02:56 PM)
If you're really set on an English piece, try Road by Jim Cartwright and also Bed and Two by the same writer.

Two is great. Road is mostly very dark, isn't it? I worked on a piece from that years ago and it was far from funny. I don't know the whole thing, though, so I might be very wrong.
m0r1arty
The long version of "They say the family of the 21st Century is made up of friends not relatives..." ain't too bad, or the Jaffa cake/ universal equation one too, but I guess you're already there (eh?)

-m0r
Punkass
QUOTE (diosadeluna @ May 21 2006, 10:13 AM)
American TV is so lame.

I am sorry, but your opinion is wrong. Most of American television is lame, but thank god for Mtv. I agree with Mo about the "21st Century" bit if you want to go with Spaced., or maybe the "Toaster Sandwhich" bit.
Welcome to the forums by the way.
m0r1arty
Who's Mo?

Is that one of the five guys?

-m0r
Punkass
Like Mofo! tongue.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ May 22 2006, 03:01 PM)
Two is great. Road is mostly very dark, isn't it? I worked on a piece from that years ago and it was far from funny. I don't know the whole thing, though, so I might be very wrong.

Most of Road is dark, but it has a lot of bleak Northern humour which I like. It's funny in a bitter and twisted kind of way. One of my fave plays as well.
Link
QUOTE (diosadeluna @ May 21 2006, 04:13 PM)
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]
I was just wondering if anyone knew a good female monologue from the show, or any other funny UK show, American TV is so lame. 
Thanks,
Diana

QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ May 21 2006, 04:42 PM)

ohmy.gif
Simsydav
I think you should do the shooting scene in series two, the one with tim, brian and mike, not the one with the chavs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.