Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transformers: The Movie
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 7 2007, 03:20 PM)
From what I can tell, and from the people I know who've met him, he's a really nice guy.

Seems so, yeah!

As for the Dinobots, I'm not sure how well they would fit into the new 'realistic' TF world. Why would they change into animal shapes - they certainly wouldn't blend in! An the Constructicons were just an excuse for buying a ton of toys - although even bigger robots doing battle would be quite sweet.
Sostie
Transformers should get real. Turn into lamps, egg whisks, rabbits etc.
Starscream`s Ghost
Well, in the comic continuity, the Dinos had been awakened earlier than the other Autobots. I suppose you could always say that they'd arrived on Earth before the Autobots in the movie continuity, hence their alt-modes.

And if you have them, you have to have the Constructicons, they were usually considered to be the opposite numbers of Grimlock and co.
maian
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Jun 5 2007, 11:42 PM)
That made me bounce up and down.

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 5 2007, 11:48 PM)
It made me *squee* like a lil girl.

It made me do a little dance.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 7 2007, 03:33 PM)
Transformers should get real.  Turn into lamps, egg whisks, rabbits etc.

They should turn into your arse.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 7 2007, 04:09 PM)

Don't bite, it only encourages him.

But really, they should. laugh.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 7 2007, 04:11 PM)
Don't bite, it only encourages him.

Sostie knows I could wrestle him like a child's toy.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 7 2007, 04:13 PM)

Just like PimpGalactus™ bitchslappin' a Ho.
Starscream`s Ghost
Peter Cullen interview - SHH

What a genuinely nice guy.
Sostie
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 7 2007, 03:13 PM)

Well Julie took me on and won in NY, so I think Me vs Jessie would be a close call.

Starscream & JJJ's obsession with my arse is worrying, but also a little flattering.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 8 2007, 02:47 PM)
Well Julie took me on and won in NY, so I think  Me vs Jessie would be a close call.

I'd tear off your casual blazer and use it to strangle you.
Sostie
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 8 2007, 01:49 PM)
I'd tear off your casual blazer and use it to strangle you.

It's not a blazer, it's a bloody suit jacket. Call yourself Mr Fashion? Anyway, come the day of the fight I will be in a polyester singlet.
Starscream`s Ghost
Japanese trailer- added Spielberg!
Ade
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 7 2007, 03:33 PM)
Transformers should get real.  Turn into lamps, egg whisks, rabbits etc.

Can't Transform, Won't Transform.

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 7 2007, 04:09 PM)

Transformarse, Robots in dis guy's (arse).

Gawd, those puns were hideously crap. Sorry folks. wacko.gif
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 8 2007, 03:19 PM)
Transformarse, Robots in dis guy's (arse).

Tim Westwood?
Baz
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 8 2007, 02:11 PM)

Link doesn't work sad.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
IGN talks to Peter Cullen
Svein
This really is one of those films that I have mixed feelings about... On one hand... TRANSFORMERS... on the other hand... MICHAEL BAY...

I will go and see it, but I really think I need to check all "yippee" emotions at the door!
Starscream`s Ghost
Apart from Pearl Harbor, I think I've enjoyed Bay's films. They're no-brain actioners, but they're not actually bad films. And he certainly knows his technology.

In other news:

Cullen now talks to AIC. He gets around.
Starscream`s Ghost
As said in the DVD thread, I bought Transformers: The Movie Ultimate Edition yesterday. I'd definitely recommend it, as zeden said, the film quality is now maginificent in it's remastered form. The extras are great too, an interview with Flint Dille (credited as story consultant, but actually wrote the movie) shows that one of the final drafts was co-written by Dille's friend Frank Miller. Yes, the Frank Miller, who was working on a little-known Batman comic at the time. wink.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
We saw yet another new trailer this morning, with extensive Bonecrusher transformation action. Looks great.
Starscream`s Ghost
Yeah, sadly that popped up on Seibertron.com when the board was down. It looks teh awesome, as does the whole film.

Starscream has a voice, finally. It's Charlie Adler, who has voiced loads of stuff, including Cow & Chicken, and Professor Monkey-for-a-Head in Earthworm Jim.

He was also in the original Tranformers movies, as Kranix. Circle of life. The geek in me approves.
Starscream`s Ghost
Welker speaks out

Poor Frank. He's bitter, but I think he has a right to be. The casting of Weaving as Megatron in the film is due to wanting a big name in the voice cast, and nothing more.
Dorf
This may not really count as relevant to the thread, but as I just saw it I figured I'd link a stream of Transformers: The Game Intro Movie. If you wait until the end you'll get links to the other trailers for the game to, but I haven't bothered viewing those yet.

I really don't know anything about it, it could in all likelihood be a steaming pile like most tie-in games, but the link is just to see the completely rendered intro which is still pretty.
Starscream`s Ghost
Well, the game's been written by Flint Dille and Buzz Dixon, who have been writing cartoons (including Transformers and GI Joe) for years now, so the story at least should be ok. I think it's a big 'we'll see'.
Starscream`s Ghost
Making the Movie - Michael Bay
GundamGuy_UK
My friend is off to see Transformers on Friday, the bastard.

A friend of his wrote to Paramount complaining about the change in release date, and they sent him 2 tickets to some press screening or something on Friday night.

He'll be giving me a spoiler-free review afterwards no doubt, so I'll post it on here.
Raven
Toys and T-Shirts.
Starscream`s Ghost
Welker video clip - plus cool game footage!
Starscream`s Ghost
New Transformers animated series for 2008

It's not often I agree with the vast majority of Transformers fans. But that just doesn't look right.
Ade
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 22 2007, 02:10 PM)

It's not often I agree with the vast majority of Transformers fans. But that just doesn't look right.

That does look a bit pants, yes.
Baz
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 22 2007, 01:10 PM)

Oh man that looks sucky! Typical Cartoon Network style too that looks like all their other cartoons, i.e the Batman series.
Starscream`s Ghost
Yeah, and The Batman sucks. Not looking good.

I think Teen Titans is one of the only CN series I actually like.
Sean of the Dead
I dunno, that Cartoon style reminds me of Clone Wars and Samurai Jack and they were both awesome.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Jun 22 2007, 10:16 PM)
I dunno, that Cartoon style reminds me of Clone Wars and Samurai Jack and they were both awesome.

Which is fine for 'organic' things. But it just won't look right on robots.

That said, I'm far too much of a fan of the anime style that the Japanese used for the later series of Transformers.
Starscream`s Ghost
New TV spot! Energon blade! Fusion cannon!
Starscream`s Ghost
Argh, triple post.

Transformers - The Game full trailer

Oooooooooooooooooo.
Jessopjessopjessop
It seems a touch spoilerific that trailer, but if we get just some of that robot-on-robot action, the movie will rock hard.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 25 2007, 02:11 PM)
It seems a touch spoilerific that trailer, but if we get just some of that robot-on-robot action, the movie will rock hard.

As far as I know, the game doesn't have the same story as the movie, it's standalone.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 25 2007, 02:12 PM)
As far as I know, the game doesn't have the same story as the movie, it's standalone.

I think Megatron and Prime will face off like they do in the game - especially judging by that new trailer. Which I don't mind knowing, it's certainly a spectacle to look forward to.
Ade
Where can one view this glorious new trailer? Webby-wise, I mean.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jun 25 2007, 02:27 PM)
I think Megatron and Prime will face off like they do in the game - especially judging by that new trailer. Which I don't mind knowing, it's certainly a spectacle to look forward to.

Oh yeah, they will, no doubt. I just meant there probably won't be that many spoilers in the game trailer.

And it's on Youtube or Seibertron.com.
Omniscia
I never really got into Transformers. My Saturday mornings and toy budget were pledged to the Ghostbusters. However, I will go see this film. I've got a pass for two; maybe I'll drag my neighbour along.
Ade
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jun 25 2007, 02:34 PM)
Oh yeah, they will, no doubt. I just meant there probably won't be that many spoilers in the game trailer.

And it's on Youtube or Seibertron.com.

I cannae seem to find it - in which case I must have already seen it. And I'd got so excited, too.
Starscream`s Ghost
1 month to go...1 month to go...1 month to go...
NiteFall
Remember, if you're in Edinburgh on the 18th of July I can probably get you into a free preview...
Starscream`s Ghost
Sadly, I won't be. sad.gif
Sostie
4/5 in the new issue of Empire.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jun 27 2007, 01:27 PM)
4/5 in the new issue of Empire.

Good stuff. I wonder if that's childhood nostalgia playing a part?
Starscream`s Ghost
Sorry to double post.

Charlie Adler's doing Starscream's voice. He's very experienced, so I reckon that could be a good choice.

Plus, he voiced Kranix in the original movie.

Circle of Life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.