Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What'd you buy, hombre?
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Hobbes
Jónsi's album is the absolute nuts, was far and away my favourite record of 2010. I would certainly invest were I in your shoes, good sir.
Rebus
Went on a bit of a Ninjatune binge and bought:

Stateless: 'Matilda' - Ah-May-Zing. Just, simply amazing. New favourite band.

Amon Tobin: 'Chaos Theory Remixed' - Almost better than the original soundtrack.

Daedelus: 'Bespoke' - As haunting and immense as ever for the man. Great stuff.
Sostie
The new Baxter Dury (son of Ian) album is rather ace.

Bought a load of live bootleg CDs at the car boot on Sunday - The Smiths, White Stripes, Depeche Mods, Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Clash, Radiohead. Was pretty astounded by the sound quality on most of them.

I remember the old days when you would go to Camden on a saturday and buy a bootleg cassette from a street vendor and a lot of the times hear the bloke recording the gig chatting away to his mate.
Everlong
QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 23 2011, 11:06 AM) *
I remember the old days when you would go to Camden on a saturday and buy a bootleg cassette from a street vendor and a lot of the times hear the bloke recording the gig chatting away to his mate.

I got a couple of funny ones from the guy next to the canal AND at the CD place in Camden Lock market. Apparently both places have gone now? (I've not been to Camden in a couple of years).
Sostie
QUOTE (Everlong @ Aug 23 2011, 11:27 AM) *
I got a couple of funny ones from the guy next to the canal AND at the CD place in Camden Lock market. Apparently both places have gone now? (I've not been to Camden in a couple of years).

They've all gone now - mainly because of the internet and the law. I used to pop up there and buy gig cassettes and videos and sometimes tapes of banned films (Clockwork Orange, Exorcist, Reservoir Dogs)

I sort of miss the analogue years. Collecting was so less lazy and so much more satisfying when you found stuff
Ade
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Aug 22 2011, 09:07 PM) *
Anyone have Jonsi's solo album, is it worth getting? The bits I've heard do sound rather nice.
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 23 2011, 01:07 AM) *
Jónsi's album is the absolute nuts, was far and away my favourite record of 2010. I would certainly invest were I in your shoes, good sir.

I picked it up for a scandalously low £3 in HMV a few weeks ago. Really ought to give it a proper listen.
sleeping_pirate
Beirut- The Rip Tide
Beirut- Gulag Orkestar
Miles Kane- Colour Of The Trap
Ade
The Go! Team - 'Rolling Blackouts'
Beverley Knight - 'Who I Am'
Kristian Leontiou (a.k.a. One eskimO) - 'Some Day Soon'
Noah And the Whale - 'The First Days of Spring'
Sean of the Dead
The Divine Comedy - 'Casanova'

Pretty certain Mr Hannon is now my favourite lyricist.
omni
QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ May 3 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues

It is a gorgeous album. Love it love it love it.

If it didn't have that #@$!@#@$@ bit with the horns at the end, it would be the best folk album since Pet Sounds.
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (omni @ Oct 13 2011, 08:18 PM) *
If it didn't have that #@$!@#@$@ bit with the horns at the end, it would be the best folk album since Pet Sounds.

Do you mean on The Shrine/An Argument? That song is beautiful but yes, that ending annoys the shit out of me. However, they are currently my favourite band despite that!

I bought Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds today. It is a great 'fuck you, Liam' album.
sweetbutinsane
My siblings got me Stronger by Kelly Clarkson as part of my birthday present and I can't wait for it to arrive. smile.gif
sleeping_pirate
Gogol Bordello- Live From Axis Mundi
sweetbutinsane
Lacuna Coil - In a Reverie
Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life
Flyleaf - Memento Mori

QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Oct 19 2011, 06:45 PM) *
I bought Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds today. It is a great 'fuck you, Liam' album.

And this for my sister for Christmas.
sweetbutinsane
Sorry for the double post.

I added some more Lacuna Coil to my collection on Saturday - their new album, Dark Adrenaline. I can't stop listening to it at the moment.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Found a pretty cool secondhand cd shop recently, so I got some good stuff:

Aphex Twin - I Care Because You Do
Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree
Basement Jaxx - Crazy Itch Radio
Beastie Boys - The Sounds of Science
Underworld - Beaucoup Fish
Dusted - When We Were Young
Plump DJs - Eargasm
Ade
Purchased Hugh Laurie's Let Them Talk as part of HMV's 2 for £10 deal t'other day. Liking it muchly so far.
Silky
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 22 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Purchased Hugh Laurie's Let Them Talk as part of HMV's 2 for £10 deal t'other day. Liking it muchly so far.

Got that as a surprise for my mum when it came out. I put on my computer first of course. smile.gif
Good album.
sweetbutinsane
Just pre-ordered Epica's Requiem for the Indifferent (which, for some reason, I only found out about yesterday despite liking them on Facebook - promotion fail) and Halestorm's The Strange Case Of..., both of which I am very excited for!
Ade
I done bought Air's new album (and specially-commissioned-soundtrack to the newly-restored colour version of Georges Méliès' 1910 silent film classic), Le Voyage Dans La Lune (A Trip To The Moon).

Eeee, and it's a bit good. Nice retro analog-y goodness.

QUOTE (Silky @ Feb 22 2012, 10:55 PM) *
Good album.

"It certainly is, Ollie."
sweetbutinsane
Nemesea - The Quiet Resistance
Silky
I've backed AFP's new album on Kick Starter if that counts.
sweetbutinsane
Pre-ordered We Are the Others by Delain as yesterday's post-exam treat, and I'll be pre-ordering Life in a Beautiful Light by Amy Macdonald after Tuesday's exam. Can't wait for both. smile.gif
Ade
I purchased Lambchop's new album, Mr. M. It's rather bloomin' lovely.
Silky
I downloaded the digital version of Theatre is Evil by Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra, while I wait for my 'proper' copy to be delivered.
I love it, but then, I'm a little obsessed with Mrs Gaiman.
Ade
I bought Passion Pit's new album Gossamer the other week, and it's rather a sweet little record. Having been such a huge fan of their debut album though, it took a few listens to really register properly, but it's definitely a worthy successor to Manners, with more than a smattering of wonderful little moments - more of the same, ostensibly. I'd certainly advise fans to check it out. happy.gif
Silky
Well I didn't buy it, but on I'm listening to ...Like Clockwork on Spotify.
Llama
QUOTE (Silky @ Jun 4 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Well I didn't buy it, but on I'm listening to ...Like Clockwork on Spotify.

It's what all the cool kids are doing right now. Loving it.
Silky
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 5 2013, 08:29 AM) *
It's what all the cool kids are doing right now. Loving it.

Llama
QUOTE (Silky @ Jun 5 2013, 02:14 PM) *

There was no reason for me to go through with that whilst sat in the office, but I did it anyway.
Silky
QUOTE (Llama @ Jun 6 2013, 08:14 AM) *
There was no reason for me to go through with that whilst sat in the office, but I did it anyway.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.