Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Games III
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
theevilresident101
I began to play Ratchet & Clank 2 the other day. I like blowing things up!
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 31 2006, 04:53 AM)
TS2 is great smile.gif

And Silent Hill 2?

Only been on it once. I've yet to get into it. One night I'll be arsed to play it and I'll stay on it for hours and love it. Just got to wait for that night.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Punkass @ Oct 31 2006, 12:39 AM)
The correct answer is to play HL2: Episode 1.

Yeah, but I'd have to do something called "buy it" first. With something called "money".
GundamGuy_UK
Play Half-Life 2 again on higher difficulty then. Or see if there are any good mods for it.

Play online?
theevilresident101
Halo is being turned into a movie
zeden
QUOTE (theevilresident101 @ Oct 31 2006, 11:49 AM)
Halo is being turned into a movie

I think you might want to look at the link below.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Oct 20 2006, 10:47 AM)
Halo movie canned.

Can't exactly say I'm devastated.

Never did play Saints Row last night, really couldn't be arsed.
theevilresident101
Hmm...my mistake.
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 31 2006, 12:00 PM)
I think you might want to look at the link below.
Never did play Saints Row last night, really couldn't be arsed.

Can't read that link but is it true sad.gif I know they got their funding pulled but is it now totally off the cards? Boo if it is! Played a demo at last of Dead rising last night. Was quite fun, need to play a bit more and see if it's worth buying or borrowing though. Also played a demo of Tony Hawks Project 8. I've had a love hate affair with TH. I LOVED 2 and 3, enjoyed 4 and haven't played anything since. However, 8 seemed pretty good fun. I haven't mastered the new Nail The Trick mode yet but it's a nice addition I think. I may have to get back into Tony Hawks.
zeden
It's not completely off the cards, but no-one has come forward to pick up the pieces yet so who knows. Maybe another company will take it on. I'm really not that fussed, as I've said before, the plot to Halo really doesn't grip me in any way.

You should get back into Tony Hawk Jubei, then I can give you a schooling online sometime. tongue.gif
When I get my internet back on Friday I'm downloading that demo straight away, knowing that it's available but not being able to play it is making the wait even harder.
Drifter
I felt like mindless violence and not much of a storyline so dusted off Serious Sam last night and enjoyed myself, its been a while..... happy.gif
zeden
That's my TH:Project 8 pre-order sorted then. Saved 10 which isn't bad at all. Almost ordered some extra stuff for my Wii, but I'm not sure what I want or need. Do I need another nunchuku thing to go with an extra remote? I'm planning on getting Wario Ware and Zelda on release day, but does Wario Ware use just the remote or does it need the nunchuku. I want to be able to play 2 player at the very least.
Nonus Aequilibrium
According the latest report I saw, Microsoft are still pretty determined to do the Halo movie. Personally I think their biggest problem is that fact that they wanted a nobody to direct it. Wow! He's made a few commercials! Well worth trusting him with 200 million dollars worth of movie then. If they're going for a budget as big as that they need to get Peter Jackson himself to direct it. I also never thought Halo had a good enough story to warrant a movie. After all, it's effectively just Quake 2/4 with unnecessarily brightly coloured aliens. And Quake games coming from ID, who used to refer to "story" as "the S Word" as if it were dirty.
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 31 2006, 12:27 PM)
You should get back into Tony Hawk Jubei, then I can give you a schooling online sometime. tongue.gif
When I get my internet back on Friday I'm downloading that demo straight away, knowing that it's available but not being able to play it is making the wait even harder.

Ho-ho thems fighting words. I'll have you know I used to be the Don at Tony Hawks. I schooled all my friends on how to play that game, despite not even owning it myself. Does anyone know what the online gameplay will involve? I know in the past they've talked about a kind of online skatepark where you can come and skate around with buddies pulling tricks and such. It's a nice idea and it would be an interesting angle to watch someone else play by following them around a park rather than looking over their shoulder shouting 'fall over, fall over!!!'. I don't know now whether I'd be a god among skaters or a poor pretender, but I certainly plan to be given it as a present either at christmas or for my birthday, depending on when it comes out.

I'll investigate.

Also, someone mentioned earlier on to me that Play have reduced the cost of their games further from 39.99 to 37.99. I'm just going to check now, but it'll be good if they have.

EDIT: It appears they lied.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Didn't John Carmack write the "story" for Quake once the whole game had been finished?

I think it ran to a whole paragraph.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Oct 31 2006, 03:01 PM)
Didn't John Carmack write the "story" for Quake once the whole game had been finished?

I think it ran to a whole paragraph.

It's what happens when you let a programmer think that just because he's an excellent games programmer, he must be a great game designer too. It's no coincidence that the best game in the Quake series had nothing to do with Id, besides the engine, and pretty much put Doom 3 to shame.

QUOTE (Jubei @ Oct 31 2006, 12:11 PM)
Played a demo at last of Dead rising last night. Was quite fun, need to play a bit more and see if it's worth buying or borrowing though.

To be honest, the demo of Dead Rising is pretty poor compared to the full game, there's barely anything to do since you can't leave paradise plaza. The full game is well worth buying. It's an excellent game with just a few really nasty flaws, but they don't ruin it completely. Don't let the beginning put you off though, it's very hard to start off with, since your character is low level and a bit shit. Once you've got your level up it becomes vastly more fun.
zeden
Damn straight them's fightin' words. I've not had any kind of multiplayer match since Tony Hawk 3 came out because all my mates got bored of having their asses handed to them by such huge margins.
I believe the online element includes the typical 2 minute runs, HORSE, tag, the one where you have to control areas of the map by tricking them and a new one called Wall (or something like that) where you create a wall behind, a la Snake, as you skate with the objective of blocking you opponents in.

Just checked the release date on Project 8. 17/11/06. NOOOOOO!
That's too bloody far way!
monkeyman
Thats not to far dude.

I used to be really good at Tony Hawk 2 and then I just got bored of it resulting in me being utter shit at all the sequels.

Final Fantasy 12 isnt out until fucking February 23rd in Europe. Goddamn bullshit man.
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 31 2006, 03:29 PM)
Damn straight them's fightin' words. I've not had any kind of multiplayer match since Tony Hawk 3 came out because all my mates got bored of having their asses handed to them by such  huge margins.
I believe the online element includes the typical 2 minute runs, HORSE, tag, the one where you have to control areas of the map by tricking them and a new one called Wall (or something like that) where you create a wall behind, a la Snake, as you skate with the objective of blocking you opponents in.

Just checked the release date on Project 8. 17/11/06. NOOOOOO!
That's too bloody far way!

Thats like 2 weeks and a bit! It's a crimbo present for me to be sure. Horse used to get bloody stupid when we played that. You had to purposefully set low scores to start with or the game got too crazy too quick. Hmm, I shall trick 1.5 million, your turn. Ended up being a game of who can edge the score up the least and consistently not make mistakes.

We had Steve the machine - who basically isn't much into computer games but will become a machine at any game he likes, such as Goldeneye/Perfect Dark (which he ruled at) and Tony Hawks.
Then there was Nathan - who is more of a gamer than steve, but never owned a console in his life. He's randomly gifted but his gifts don't last long. If you watch him play normally it just doesn't make sense that sometimes he's awesome. He has moments of (I think flukey) genius in Halo and THPS and PGR that just aren't borne out by his normal play.
And me who can play most things well, not a lot spectacularly but am willing to put the hours in when I love something to get good at it.
zeden
Lucky bugger. The best competition I got was with my mate Colin who bought a PS2 and never plays it, then a DS and never plays it, then a PSP and never plays it. I'd go to his house and just school him until he gave up. He even practiced on THPS3 and managed to complete the game but still couldn't come close. Getting online will finally allow me to test how good I am and give me the motivation to train and play more.

2 weeks is a long time when you've been waiting almost 2 years for a game. I refuse to count American Wasteland as being real Tony Hawk by the way, I finished it on Sick in less than a week and that is not how it's meant to be. There's supposed to be at least a couple of infuriatingly hard tasks that take hours of practice to complete, resulting in much satisfaction. And the level design was crap. And the story was crap. And the free roaming element was crap. It was crap. Crap crap crappy crap.

I want Project 8. sad.gif
NiteFall
Hmm, when the government gives me cash, do I buy

A: A kick ass PC
B: A better TV and a Wii preorder

I would get a 360 except there isn't really anything on it that I want to play desperately.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 31 2006, 04:57 PM)
Hmm, when the government gives me cash, do I buy

A: A kick ass PC
B: A better TV and a Wii preorder

I would get a 360 except there isn't really anything on it that I want to play desperately.

Of the two, I'd say kick ass PC. Beware of the Wii + HDTV combination given that Wii isn't HD, and normal resolutions look rubbish on HDTVs.
NiteFall
Well, I wasn't planning on going HD, just something better than the 14" Matsui TV / VCR combo thing we have currently.

Having just had a quick look about I should be able to build myself a reasonably good mATX system for about 600ish. Reasonably good being a Dual-core 3gHz Pentium d, 2 gig of DDR II, a DVD-RW, nVidia 7600 graphics card, 200gig HDD and a 17" LCD monitor.

Which is more than enough to play Deus Ex and Monkey Island on. laugh.gif
fatseff1234
Nightfall I'd go wih the Telly/Wii combo personally.
DOD-MDK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 31 2006, 11:11 AM)
Well, I wasn't planning on going HD, just something better than the 14" Matsui TV / VCR combo thing we have currently.

Having just had a quick look about I should be able to build myself a reasonably good mATX system for about 600ish. Reasonably good being a Dual-core 3gHz Pentium d, 2 gig of DDR II, a DVD-RW, nVidia 7600 graphics card, 200gig HDD and a 17" LCD monitor.

Which is more than enough to play Deus Ex and Monkey Island on.  laugh.gif

If you want good, reasonalbly priced system. Stay away from Pentium D. they cost to much for the perfromance you get. I would stick a AMD Athlon 64 X2 in there, For the same price you will get a big performance jump over the Pentium D. or if you can afford to open up the pocket book a bit more you can jump on the Core 2 Duo bandwagon. which even the entry-level E6300 priced at $183 USD can spank all of the Pentium D's as well as most of the AMD Athlon 64 X2's

Check out Toms Hardware CPU guidesfor more info.
NiteFall
See, I thought that 98 for a 3gig dualcore was reasonably bargainous...
mousespider
I bought Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for the PS2 last night and it's a bit shit. Way too boring and easy. My fingers are tightly crossed that it gets better.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 31 2006, 04:11 PM)
more than enough to play Deus Ex and Monkey Island on.

Amen.
DOD-MDK
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Oct 31 2006, 05:06 PM)
See, I thought that 98 for a 3gig dualcore was reasonably bargainous...

HOLY CRAP you are getting shafted on that proc. There is way better for less. I am in the industry so if you need some help let me know.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (DOD-MDK @ Nov 1 2006, 03:04 PM)
HOLY CRAP you are getting shafted on that proc. There is way better for less. I am in the industry so if you need some help let me know.

Don't forget we're in rip-off Britain here. We get shafted on the price of just about everything.
DOD-MDK
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 1 2006, 01:13 PM)
Don't forget we're in rip-off Britain here. We get shafted on the price of just about everything.

Thats why you all need to move out here. My neighbors house is for sale.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (DOD-MDK @ Nov 1 2006, 11:11 PM)
Thats why you all need to move out here. My neighbors house is for sale.

All of us? Is it a big house?
DOD-MDK
3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath 1500 sqft. $130,000 (Roughly 68,119.92 GBP) maybe if you all sqeezed in real tight.....
curtinparloe
QUOTE (DOD-MDK @ Nov 1 2006, 10:44 PM)
maybe if you all sqeezed in real tight.....

Well, I'm in.
DOD-MDK
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Nov 1 2006, 06:42 PM)
Well, I'm in.

he he he he....Im getting new neighbors!!
Nonus Aequilibrium
Bloody hell. 68K, you couldn't even buy a garden shed over here for that much.
NiteFall
I hope to god this is real...
curtinparloe
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 2 2006, 12:51 AM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
DOD-MDK
Yeah my laptop tech pointed that one out to me this morning. we all had chuckle about that.
Omniscia
That's terrible! Sure, the guy may be an idiot and all, but that's no reason to rip him off in turn. The thief is no better than the hustler.
fatseff1234
Well I'm going to be getting Need For Speed: Carbon tommorrow.
zeden
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 2 2006, 01:51 AM)

biggrin.gif Fools.

Take care when downloading patches for your 360.
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 2 2006, 01:36 PM)

That's restricted for me, any chance you could shed some light on what it says?
m0r1arty
Some guy tries to ask for Br0kenrabbits username and ID for STeam accounts, Br0kenrabbit says he works for STeam and has traced his IP and is banning his account for infringing the ToS.

The scammer guy says sorry I was only joking and Br0kenrabbit says well to unlock the account he'll need some details...

Allakblam!! the origianl scammer guy has just been pwned (is that the right spelling??)

The end.

-m0r
Jubei
QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Nov 2 2006, 03:29 PM)
Allakblam!! the origianl scammer guy has just been pwned (is that the right spelling??)

The end.

Cheers M0r, but I can read that one, it was the 360 patch link I was referring too smile.gif And yes, I believe you spelled pwned correctly, although origami may not have been...
zeden
Basically, the latest patch which provides 1080p support and a few other bits for the 360 hardware is buggering up a few 360s. Apparently it's a very small minority, but it's worth knowing i guess.
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 2 2006, 04:30 PM)
Basically, the latest patch which provides 1080p support and a few other bits for the 360 hardware is buggering up a few 360s. Apparently it's a very small minority, but it's worth knowing i guess.

Bugger I got that yesterday. Hope little boxy is ok. He seemed fine afterwards.
fatseff1234
Hmmm... I don't know whether to get Need For Speed tomorrow or wait for Gears Of War to come out.

I'll just be getting the game I don't get now at christmas so it isn't really that big an ordeal, I'm just wondering which'll keep me amused longer.
NiteFall
Just because my friend reminded me-

WHEN DEAR GOD?? WHEEEEEEENN???
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 2 2006, 04:46 PM)
Hmmm... I don't know whether to get Need For Speed tomorrow or wait for Gears Of War to come out.

I'll just be getting the game I don't get now at christmas so it isn't really that big an ordeal, I'm just wondering which'll keep me amused longer.

Gears of War is supposedly quite short. Need For Speed supposedly feels a bit rushed. Plus EA being the total twats they are have already got a long list of premium downloadable content, the money grabbing whores. They've basically cut shitloads out of the game so they can sell it downloadable for more money.
monkeyman
I think I'm going to reinstall Final Fantasy 11. I'll join a friends 3 man guild which has 3 great players who I used to know when I first played, it also means several things. I've levelled to max level with my ranger and unlocked nearly everything in the game, the Linkshell is too small to take on gods and a lot of NM's so I wont be spending so much time doing that. It basically means that I'll have more freedom within the game and it won't eat as much of my life as it used to.

I am currently playing RF Online and it is mostly rubbish. The PvP is great fun, but the rest of the game is shite, there is no story in it at all. Every time you level you are given a new quest which upon completion you get some EXP and some money/ Then you kill more stuff for EXP to level, then get a new quest. There is 0 story and it just makes the game fairly worthless because all you do is level to fight other people for control of the mine which will make you money to get better weapons and gear to fight in PvP better.

FF11 has great story and 30 times the amount of zones that RDF Online does, it has barely any PvP except for pre-arranged matches which is fine, but it focuses more on teamwork to take monsters and whatnot down, not to mention it's a cheaper monthly fee for a much more expansive game.

Also because I wont be going to sky to get God pop items I wont have to worry about being outpulled by Gilsellers which really ruined the game for me and were one of the main factors for me quitting. So I'll have more of my own time to spend playing the game, it's cheaper and ill be with a great (small0 group of people who I played with every day for over a year.
I think i will reinstall soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.