Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Games III
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
zeden
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 9 2006, 10:23 AM)
Yes but people like me have a habit of spending money as soon as we get it, I think it's a decent idea for us spendaholics.

Discipline is the key man! Being able to manage your money without pissing it all away as soon as it's in your pocket is crucial.

QUOTE (Jubei @ Nov 9 2006, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (zee-boy (see what I did there?))
You've made me a happy man with that last comment. Instant competition!

I was really organised last night, I played a bit and recorded all my leaderboard scores, then I left the stupid bit of paper at home...

From memory:
Planed Turf Wars 220,000+ points (ranked in the 3000s)
First Time on Film 34 trivks (ranked in the 4000s)
Nail With Variety 43,000+ points (ranked about 350th)
Highest Combo 660,000+ points (ranked in the 5000s)

When you get back online it'll be a whole lot easier comparing scores biggrin.gif

I did see what you did there, zee-boy is a new one, but I like it. wink.gif

I am back online so you should be able to look at what my scores are. I honestly can't remember off the top of my head anything but my highest combo, 1mil+. (just got to hammer that home one more time)
I'm tempted to ditch my night out tonight for the sake of staying in and relaxing, it's been a surprisingly busy week and I feel like a night of sitting on my arse and playing games. Tonight would only be a needlessly expensive excuse to see people I'm not that bothered about anyway.
I need to get better at Nail the Trick. I've already gotten into a habit of doing the same sequence of moves everytime I do it and I need to break that as soon as possible. Your score on that is way above mine and I feel I must do better. I need to practice First time on Film as well, I'm struggling to break 30 tricks and that's a bit poop frankly.

I'm really hoping that Play does their usual and posts my order on Project 8 a day or two early, next Friday is so very far away right now.
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden)
I'm really hoping that Play does their usual and posts my order on Project 8 a day or two early, next Friday is so very far away right now.

You think it's far for you? Tomorrow I fly to scotland until tuesday - where wwe will have NO tv, my only entertainment will be walking and perhaps playing 30 year old board games as the weather closes in. Then, I'm staying in Bristol until Friday rather than coming home, so another 3 days without any interactive entertainment. (I'm considering sneaking the PSP up to scotland - at least I'll have something, but still no THP8 sad.gif ) I expect all my records to be broken by the time I'm back.

EDIT: For Nail the Trick scores, I recommend - at least for the point whoring side of the game - that you do find a kind of sequence. I tend to do right stick right, right stick left, left stick left, left stick right, right stick up, right stick down and let it spin to get as many points to apply to the nice high multiplier. Just do half spins for each of those to get multiplier high quick. If you get perfect flips it also spins much faster. A Clean landing will also give a little bonus too. Aim slightly left when you jump so you land in the bowl, and boneless for even more airtime. If you find you have time and the board is still fairly steady, maybe put an extra couple of flips in with up and down on the left stick for a higher multiplier, although these are harder to land cleanly.

On other computer game related news, I finally got round to completing Kong on the 360, more for the achievements than any real drive to finish the game. That is one of the good things about the achievements, I would have given up no Kong otherwise. All in all, the game is lacking in gameplay and variety, but for an adaptation of a film, I find it surprisingly good. Kong is fun to play as, although the lack of freedom in his movement and camera can be grating sometimes. Some of the graphical quirks of the game - shafts of sunlight and kongs fur from a distance - are really nice, although others - movement andfacial expression from human characters and kongs fur up close - are jarringly bad.

In sum, it's a good job it's such a short game but it certainly has its moments and is worth a play through. More than just cheap achievements, but not a lot sadly.
zeden
Yeesh, I feel for you. I strongly suggest PSP sneakage, better to have it should the urge take you. I wouldn't expect your Nail the Trick to be beaten, that really is a sick score you've got, but I'll try of course.

I watched my mate play Kong. So very many glitches, including one that required him to restart the level because something seriously cocked up and wouldn't let him past despite having burned the bushes obstructing him. I thought it was a bit pooey to be frank, but it was a release game so you can't really judge it as anything else but that.

Might have a go at finishing Kingdom Hearts 2 tonight, just for the sake of getting it out of the way. They've already got number 3 on the way, but my faith that it will be any good has more or less been shattered thanks to the awful plot and gameplay of KH2.
Seriously, the story consists of one silly reveal after another. You start the game as Roxas, but he's really Sora, but it doesn't explain why. The boss of the first game, Ansem, isn't who he says he was. The real Ansem turns up, but only after having disguised himself for most of the game. I could go on and on, but it's boring me. That says it all really, that game bores me.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 9 2006, 12:00 PM)
That says it all really, that game bores me.

That truely is sad news, I loved the first game, your sayings make me glad that I didn't stick with my PS2 just for that game (which I was considering doing).

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 9 2006, 10:59 AM)
Discipline is the key man! Being able to manage your money without pissing it all away as soon as it's in your pocket is crucial.

I lack that ability.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 9 2006, 03:21 PM)
I lack that ability.

You could achieve the same thing by just opening up a web based savings account that you use to hold money for things you're saving up for. Managing your money isn't difficult.
zeden
Yeah, sort it out! biggrin.gif
We're not kidding though, you'll be thankful that you learned a bit of monetary discipline once you're working full time and paying bills.
Now go and clean your room and do the dishes!

By the way, what were these Wii pre-order deals you mentioned?
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 9 2006, 03:19 PM)
You could achieve the same thing by just opening up a web based savings account that you use to hold money for things you're saving up for. Managing your money isn't difficult.

Yeah I suppose so, I'm still going to use the card though but if I plan on saving up in the future I'll seek other means.

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 9 2006, 03:25 PM)
Yeah, sort it out!  biggrin.gif
We're not kidding though, you'll be thankful that you learned a bit of monetary discipline once you're working full time and paying bills.
Now go and clean your room and do the dishes!

By the way, what were these Wii pre-order deals you mentioned?

Oh yeah, when I have to pay for other things I won't be so silly with my money, but at the moment I don't really have anything to pay for so it's all spend spend spend.

And my card came with a leaflet saying that special pre-release packs with information on games, the console and whatnot will be availiable from Game stores on the 11th of november, you have to take your pre-order form in to get one I think.
monkeyman
Looks like Ill be getting Vice City Stories today then.
19.99 for one day only on Play.
http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/HPO/3-/10122...es/Product.html
monkeyman
Also thinking of getting this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SEGA-Mega-Drive-Co...P/dp/B000IELIDG

I'm also looking forward to these :
Columns
Kid Chameleon (oh fuck yes)
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi (<3 attack dogs)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (I havent played this for years)
Virtua fighter 2 (because it's one of my favourite fighting series which failed by being too technical for casual players sad.gif)

I love Golden Axe 2 and the first Sonic game also but I already own and play these on my Mega Drive.

What I'm most interested in is Phantasy star 4. i remember playing an RPG involving dragons and spells and combat and magic rings and whatnot on the Mega drive but cant rememebr what it was called, but I did love it.
It might be Phantasy star, it might not be.

Either way does anyone know if Phantasy star 2,3,4 are any good?
ayeyerma
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 8 2006, 04:19 PM)
ayeyerma- Surely it wont take you months to finish it, will it? You can have the whole thing done in about 45 hours if you know what you're doing.

Yeah but it's more fun to space it out....

No pun intended.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 9 2006, 10:29 PM)
What I'm most interested in is Phantasy star 4. i remember playing an RPG involving dragons and spells and combat and magic rings and whatnot on the Mega drive but cant rememebr what it was called, but I did love it.
It might be Phantasy star, it might not be.

Either way does anyone know if Phantasy star 2,3,4 are any good?

Phantasy star has always been a futuristic RPG series, more sci-fi than mythical fantasy. I didn't know what to think of the ones I played, the combat system was a little too simple for my liking.

I will own you at Columns by the way. cool.gif
monkeyman
Heh, you should borrow Colins PSP and I think i can game share so you dont actually need the game. That'd be cool.
zeden
But that would involve actually seeing Colin. I don't think I can be arsed with that. Period.

My lust to play Tony Hawk has lessened now. I figure I'd might as well wait for the full game before putting lots of time and effort into completing all the tasks and going for huge combos because I'll end up having to do it all again when it comes out.

I'm tempted to start Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines again, but the fact that the latter half of the game is so riddled with glitches and one particular bit I cannot get past due to crashing puts me off. I tried the unofficial patches but they didn't seem to install properly. Irritating.
UnderSpaced
My friend and I just bought Final Fantasy XII and Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2. We won't be bored for a while. biggrin.gif
zeden
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Nov 10 2006, 08:40 PM)
My friend and I just bought Final Fantasy XII and Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2. We won't be bored for a while.  biggrin.gif

Lucky bugger.
UnderSpaced
Yup. tongue.gif
monkeyman
You have an NSTC Playstation? Or is it chipped?
UnderSpaced
NTSC Playstation, since I live in the USA.

Feel sorry for you people in PAL-land. When does FF-XII come out over there?
zeden
The 23rd of frickin' February. It really is joke how long games take to get to us most of the time. It was scheduled for this month but then got put right back for some unknown reason.
NiteFall
I was contemplating getting a PSP with some of the cash that the government has given me. Anyone know of anywhere with a decent offer on at the moment?
monkeyman
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Nov 11 2006, 05:13 AM)
NTSC Playstation, since I live in the USA.

Feel sorry for you people in PAL-land. When does FF-XII come out over there?

My bad, for some reason I thought you were English.
Should have looked at your location really, but to be honest I've stopped doing that as most people don't actually use it seriously.

@nitefall: You'll prolly have better luck at getting a good deal after christmas. The PSP is too much of a draw for shops to cut the price before christmas.
Or maybe some will want to boost sales and cut the price over christmas who knows.

I got a Japanese one for a damn good price on Ebay though. The UMD's and games are region Free so it all works in it and you can change the language.
The only difference is you have to use Circle instead of X to accept a command, (like in Metal gear Solid games).
monkeyman
Was just checking out some launch titles for the PS3 and found Resistance: Fall of man. It sounds pretty damn cool.http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745206p1.html

The line that got me interestedis right at the start:
Owners of some gaming systems have to wait years before they get a true "killer app," but PlayStation 3 users get theirs on day one.

And theres more interesting things said throughout
  Switching weapons is a breeze (just tap R2), as is bringing up the map (tilt the controller to the left) or checking the multiplayer stat screen (tilt right). You can even rid yourself of targeting tags, fan out fires that have caught your back, or wrestle yourself loose from the grip of enemies by shaking the SIXAXIS like a maniac.
Now that, is an awesome use of the (somewhat pilfered) motion sensor thingies in the pad.
But match customization and excellent 40-person play isn't the only thing that Resistance has going for it -- it also has strongly-designed maps, a countless number of trackable stats, a Battlefield-like ranking system (60 ranks in total), clan creation support for up to 200 members, and several different modes that include standard Deathmatch, Meltdown (aka "Battle of the Node Control"), Breach ("Destroy your opponent's Base"), Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, and Conversion ("Last Man Standing"). Buddies can even team up on the same machine and play through the single-player game via split-screen, or go head to head with three other users for four-player versions of the online features.
Awesome. I remember reading that a lot of games (maybe none?) on the 360 have got clan options or stat trackers which is something I really like having, so other people can see how good or shit you are. And it is interesting to see how many things you've killed.

It scored 9.1 nearly the same as Gears of war(9.4). Not bad for a launch title.
Drifter
Well, the Japs have probably been queueing all night to get their hands on the new PS3 which is out today - I heard Sony had only released 100,000 unit to Asia which to me seems a little low....and before you guys in the States. My friend is ultra pissed about having to wait till nest year before he gets his cause for some unknown reason Sony have decided to stall the European launch, theyve had a year to get it right and not rush it so why longer?

I told him to buy a 360 instead.... or failing that get a Wii:)
monkeyman
woot, theres a couple of awesome tracks on the Vice City Stories soundtrack, Blue Monday,Relax and Sexual Healing being but a few XD
maian
QUOTE (Drifter @ Nov 11 2006, 04:16 PM)
Well, the Japs have probably been queueing all night to get their hands on the new PS3  which is out today - I heard Sony had only released 100,000 unit to Asia which to me seems a little low....and before you guys in the States. My friend is ultra pissed about having to wait till nest year before he gets his cause for some unknown reason Sony have decided to stall the European launch, theyve had a year to get it right and not rush it so why longer?

They've also hardly got any consoles for Europe or America as well, assumingly because they are fiendishly expensive and complicated to make. This is annoying but it did generate this delight:

monkeyman
Agreed. That comic made me giggle.
Yes Giggle.
As an aside: hory shit, Vice City has got Phil Collins in it. And not just like, doing a a song on the radio, he gives you missions. Like it's actually him doing the voice. thats awesome.
Drifter
QUOTE (maian @ Nov 11 2006, 08:52 PM)
They've also hardly got any consoles for Europe or America as well, assumingly because they are fiendishly expensive and complicated to make. This is annoying but it did generate this delight:

I cant imagine how much a PS3 is going to cost over here but Im thinking long the same lines as when the premium 360 came out possibly more with the integral Blu-ray HD - something like 360 - 420?

Oh, this is for you Transformer junkies out there:

Transformers In Disguise?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Drifter @ Nov 11 2006, 05:16 PM)
Well, the Japs have probably been queueing all night to get their hands on the new PS3  which is out today - I heard Sony had only released 100,000 unit to Asia which to me seems a little low....and before you guys in the States. My friend is ultra pissed about having to wait till nest year before he gets his cause for some unknown reason Sony have decided to stall the European launch, theyve had a year to get it right and not rush it so why longer?

Not even that. They had to cut the numbers even more, to 80,000. And Phil Harrison's now even refusing to confirm march as being the european release of the PS3, so it sounds like you can pretty much expect it to get put back even further.
Baz
Has anyone played the new Need for Speed game - any good?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Baz @ Nov 12 2006, 12:38 AM)
Has anyone played the new Need for Speed game - any good?

I started playing it, but the disc was scratched, so I've got to send it back to play for a replacement before I can back into it. It seemed more or less similar to the previous game, except that it's always dark.
NiteFall
That's because things are cooler and more "street" and "urban" in the dark. At last that's what I heard.
Baz
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 11 2006, 11:45 PM)
I started playing it, but the disc was scratched, so I've got to send it back to play for a replacement before I can back into it. It seemed more or less similar to the previous game, except that it's always dark.

Don't you have a "crew" in this one?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Baz @ Nov 12 2006, 01:01 AM)
Don't you have a "crew" in this one?

Yeah. So far though they've been totally unnecessary, I've won the races without even using them. Blockers take out the car in front of you by crashing into them, which is quite useful, but scouts just show you the shortcuts by driving ahead of you. But if they're fast enough to get in front of you in the first place, why bother racing? Just let them do it... Plus, by the time you've been playing it a while, you should know the shortcuts like the back of your hand anyway (I did in Most Wanted).
Baz
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 12 2006, 12:05 AM)
Yeah. So far though they've been totally unnecessary, I've won the races without even using them. Blockers take out the car in front of you by crashing into them, which is quite useful, but scouts just show you the shortcuts by driving ahead of you. But if they're fast enough to get in front of you in the first place, why bother racing? Just let them do it... Plus, by the time you've been playing it a while, you should know the shortcuts like the back of your hand anyway (I did in Most Wanted).

Mmm that sound like it could get quite annoying. Can your own crew cars get in the way of you?
UnderSpaced
The crew members can be annoying. I hated my second crew member when I first started using him. Sometimes when he took a shortcut, he'd come out of the shortcut and ram into the side of my car. If you make sure you know where your crew member is on the map, then it shouldn't be a big problem. I just never paid any attention to him when he was behind me.
Kick in the Head
Well, I just got back from the Nintendo World 2006 Expo in Osaka and got to play the Wii for the first time - hooray! There were hundreds of people from all age ranges in attendance, so it seems Nintendo's all-encompasing strategy is working.

By the time I arrived, they'd already cornered off the Zelda section, so no-one else could play it, but then it was a three hour waiting time anyway for 5 minutes of play - no thanks. Instead, I queued for an hour to play WarioWare: Smooth Moves (or Odoru Meido in Wario), which was ideal as an introduction to using the control. Played 10 minigames, from running and pumping to pen scribbling and nose picking, before a boss stage involving driving a car through a forest lane, avoiding cows and monkeys. It was as good as Wario Ware ought to be on the Wii.

Next was an 80 minute wait for 6 minutes of Super Mario Galaxy. It was a little confusing at first using the nunchuk to move and the wiimote to select things with your little star, but I'm sure it will become second nature the more you play. Did some running, jumping, bum bashes and Mario's new spin attack for deflecting projectiles and launching yourself between planets. It culminated in an enjoyable battle against a gloopy spider on a springy web. The graphics were beautiful and the world felt more solid and crisp than previous 3D Mario games. I'll certainly want to play this more than Sunshine.

And finally I had a go on Sonic and the Secret Rings (previously Wildfire). Again, a beautiful game to look at and it made good use of the controller beyond the running sections. As a pure translation of Sonic's 2D legacy to 3D, it's perhaps the best yet. As running is really your natural state in the game without having to push the controller forward or press a button, it did feel less interactive, as if you were coasting through as a ghost, and the jump button lagged a bit, but for visceral pick up and play thrills, it'll satisfy until the Wii gets a F-Zero title.

There were many many more games on show, both on videos and to play, both Wii and DS, as well as giving the Mii, Virtual Console, Photo channels etc. a go. Wii Sports was the biggest non-Zelda draw, and I would have loved to play the tennis game if I'd had time - it looked supremely satisfying. Also saw a few cos-players (a lacklustre Mario, a female duo of Fox McCloud and Captain Falcon, plus a lady I believe was meant to be Mrs. Arrow from F-Zero, or someone horrifically sunburnt - not sure). There was also a whole Pokemon corner - obviously with Diamond and Pearl just released, everyone wanted to play the upcoming Wii Pokemon Battle Revolution with some beautiful graphics bringing the battles to life. I always skip the battle animations in game, so this game doesn't appeal to me, but if you can customise the look of your trainer, my interest would be piqued (one in-game character had such a cool cowboy hat).

While I didn't win a Wii in the ticket lottery, everyone got a neat little Wii tote bag which I will carry around with me for the sake of it, and a show guide as a nice memento.

Oh, the PS3 was released in Japan this weekend, right? You really wouldn't have known if you hadn't actively sought out the information. It seems they gave up advertising it as they accepted it would all be sold out anyway.
m0r1arty
That sounded like an excellent event, I'm happy you had such a good time there - shame Zelda was packed out.

I might even start thinking of dumping my ideas of the PS3...

...nah, I'll stil hold onto them.

In other News Al Low has a new game coming out next year - Sam Suede. I'll be having a look at that! It'll be what Cum Magna should have been if they'd kept LSL's creator in the loop.

-m0r
monkeyman
The console debate always makes me laugh actually.

Whenever I say I'm getting a PS3 people ask why i don;t just get a 360. Then I have to explain that it's less abotu the console and more about the games.

If the 360 was confirmed to be getting Final Fantasy 13 and Metal gear Solid 4 (among others) I'd probably get one. But right now theres nothing on there that I'm too interested in.
Halo always bored me, though the online play would be great as I liked it when it was 8+ players.
Gears of war does look hot but then again, I;m not that into shooters as it is.
And Rising Dead is good, but i;d be more interested in the sequel.

Oh and the off centre analog sticks on the pad aren;t very compatible with my hands.
Sir_Robin_the_brave
Gears of War is apparently the first killer app for the 360. It's supposed to be amazing. A friend of a friend said he played through the whole game in one go, he was that hooked into it.

Metal Gear Solid 4 had better come out on xbox, I'm not buying a PS3 for one game. Or at all for that matter.
monkeyman
I'm pretty sure it won't. Or at least not in it's current form.
Kojima is a perfectionist and I was reading an interview a while ago about how he hates trying to make a game multi format as there are always compatability issues and the game always ends up getting dumbed down in one or two places due to it. Which is why none of the games in their original form have been released on another platform.
Drifter
The Mail on Sunday have reported what the PS3 is like visually and to play as they were given a chance with a demonstration by Phil Harrison of Sony Worldwide Studios and this is what they said in their magazine today...

Late and expensive and not quite as powerful as Sony would make you believe. Connect it next to a 360 using the same TV in the same HD resolution and there really isnt that much difference between the two. If you compare say PREYon the 360 with Fall of Man on the PS3 they look almost identical, there are a couple of games like Motorstorm that hint it MIGHT some day out pace its rival on the graphics front but its marginal - and that alone isnt going to win Sony the 1.7 billion a year ballte for Britain's gaming market

But the console, out next March, has other tricks up its sleeves:

Blu-ray HD to video sites such as You Tube
Connect a keyboard and you can use it do your online banking amongst other things
It connects directly to everything from PC keyboards to mice
Slots for camera memory cards letting you view your photos in full HD slideshow format etc
Video library
Store hours of video downloaded from anywhere on the web or playback HD movies from Blu ray discs
Bluetooth headset
Connect to friends for online gaming/chat
Receive alerts when friends are online even telling you what games they are playing
Also allows you to browse full fat websites
Sont will sell music, video games and extra levels in its online PS3 webstore

Asking price - 425

To me it sounds like a top end PC and I really dont want all that on just a games console, I want it to just deliver me top notch titles in gaming and nothing else. Whilst it looks and sounds magnificent I am happy to stick with my 360 without all the PS3 bells and whistles - thats what my PC does quite well
monkeyman
I never expected it to outperform the 360.Microsoft proved witht he Xbox they could make a great performing console.

Another reason I'm quite oking forward to the PS3 is that there will be a similar thing to what Nintendo are doing. that you can download PS1 games for like 5. Vagrant story, Xenosaga, xenogears.....Should be good.
Drifter
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 12 2006, 03:43 PM)
I never expected it to outperform the 360.Microsoft proved witht he Xbox they could make a great performing console.

Another reason I'm quite oking forward to the PS3 is that there will be a similar thing to what Nintendo are doing. that you can download PS1 games for like 5. Vagrant story, Xenosaga, xenogears.....Should be good.

I was thinking that it was going to outperform the 360 on graphics front, theyve had a year to work on it after the release of the 360, basically what they are saying its nothing spectacular but on a par with the 360 but that it just their view. I think you would have to check it for yourself and make your own judgement cause theres bound to be conflicting reports as the launch date approaches here. Makes me wonder whether the Wii stands a better chance of selling knowing that Sony havent upped the ante with the graphics front, who knows, but just seems a lot of bells and whistles in a box thats primarily being sold as a games console.

You can already buy Blu-ray movies on Play at reasonable prices...
monkeyman
Heh the Wii has been marketed pretty well.
Ask most people which console they get and they'll usually say a 360/PS3 and a Wii.
Nearly everyone I know is going to get a Wii as well as either a 360 or PS3.
I know I am.
Drifter
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 12 2006, 03:55 PM)
Heh the Wii has been marketed pretty well.
Ask most people which console they get and they'll usually say a 360/PS3 and a Wii.
Nearly everyone I know is going to get a Wii as well as either a 360 or PS3.
I know I am.

Yould never of known the PS3 had sold in Japan the other day, they dont seem to be marketing it as much as they had with the PS2....the 360 continues to advertise its games, I saw 3 in one ad break the other day.

My friend doesnt know whether to get the Wii or the PS3, if Sony have only had 80,000 units in Japan, I cant imagine theres even going to be as many as that when it hits our shores - possibly shooting themselves in the foot by not investing in the Xmas market, why the delay for UK markets anyway?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Drifter @ Nov 12 2006, 03:34 PM)
To me it sounds like a top end PC and I really dont want all that on just a games console, I want it to just deliver me top notch titles in gaming and nothing else. Whilst it looks and sounds magnificent I am happy to stick with my 360 without all the PS3 bells and whistles - thats what my PC does quite well

Doesn't sound like a top end PC to me. Sounds like a games console with some semi-useful additions. Put it this way, if you have broadband connection in your home, that almost certainly means you own a PC. Which makes all these extras web browsing features of the PS3 worthless, because a PC ultimately does it better.

I just hope that Sony's efforts to push all the non-game related stuff with the PS3 doesn't negatively impact the core of the console, which is, surprisingly enough, playing games. The PS3 won't replace PCs, no matter how Sony tries, so I don't know why they don't just stick to doing what a games console is good at.
monkeyman
Hory shit.
The PS3 and the PSP are going to be getting a PS1 game library available to download.
That means I can get some of the sweet games from PS1 on my PSP and hug them all day long.
Tenchu one was designed before Analog sticks were around and that will translate perfectly. I imagine games that need Dual sticks won't get ported but fick em. i get Tenchu <3

Theres some pretty interesting peripherals coming to the PSP as well.
m0r1arty
Just finished Chapter 1 of Sam and Max's latest adventures - brilliant stuff, perhaps a bit too short, but well worth it. Killed my Snday afternoon and made me wish January was faster in coming along.

-m0r
Nonus Aequilibrium
Episode 2 of Half Life 2 has been delayed.

Episodic content = shit.
Punkass
What was the original release date?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.