Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Games III
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
zeden
I meant it as a kind of "oh, if that's the case then..." kind of comment.
I guess your right about supply and demand, but what about little Timmy who couldn't get one because Mr Money Bags has bought 4 of them? THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Or something.

I just don't like that kind of thing.

I got Guitar Hero 2. smile.gif
My brother's goin to go mad with me playing it all the time.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 24 2006, 05:50 PM)
I got Guitar Hero 2.  smile.gif

Tell me what you think of it, I'm tempted to get it now but I think I'll wait for the 360 version.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 24 2006, 05:50 PM)
I guess your right about supply and demand, but what about little Timmy who couldn't get one because Mr Money Bags has bought 4 of them? THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Or something.

Then that's Sony's fault for not getting production started sooner so they could actually meet demand. And little Timmy should have waited in line for 4 days instead of 3 if he wanted one so badly. tongue.gif
zeden
Guitar Hero 2 is pretty much the same as the origional, but better. Extra post song stats, better graphics, tighter detection of hammer-ons/pull-offs. It's good of course! I was tempted to wait for the 360 version, but this way I have two controllers so I can play with my chums. happy.gif

I can also confirm that Trogdor is in the game as an unlockable track. Turns out that photo from a while ago was real.
Omniscia
You call it supply-and-demand, I call it extortion. Granted, it takes equally-dire consumerist morons on the purchasing end to perpetuate it.
NiteFall
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 24 2006, 08:07 PM)
I can also confirm that Trogdor is in the game as an unlockable track. Turns out that photo from a while ago was real.

Victory is mine! In your face naysayers!
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Nov 24 2006, 07:14 PM)
You call it supply-and-demand, I call it extortion. Granted, it takes equally-dire consumerist morons on the purchasing end to perpetuate it.

Why is it extortion? How does a trader make a living? By buying something somewhere for one price and selling it somewhere else for more. These people are doing just that. Just because they don't get the opportunity to do so every day, and just because they aren't retailers, doesn't mean they have no right to go selling something they bought for a profit. Who are they ripping off? The buyer? They don't NEED a PS3. It's hardly food or some necessity. Are they ripping off the retailer? No, and they rip people off all the time anyway. Sony? They just want to get the consoles out there and make their money from games. There's nothing dodgy going on here that I can see. How about all the people on the antiques roadshow who say "ooh, i bought this on a car boot sale for 50p and it's worth two grand"?
zeden
I'd like to join in with the naysayer bashing.

HA!

Make your own Wii sensor bar! Strange that Nintendo have put more LED than needed in their bar. I guess it's backup if any break.
Omniscia
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 24 2006, 04:09 PM)
Why is it extortion? How does a trader make a living? By buying something somewhere for one price and selling it somewhere else for more. These people are doing just that. Just because they don't get the opportunity to do so every day, and just because they aren't retailers, doesn't mean they have no right to go selling something they bought for a profit. Who are they ripping off? The buyer? They don't NEED a PS3. It's hardly food or some necessity. Are they ripping off the retailer? No, and they rip people off all the time anyway. Sony? They just want to get the consoles out there and make their money from games. There's nothing dodgy going on here that I can see. How about all the people on the antiques roadshow who say "ooh, i bought this on a car boot sale for 50p and it's worth two grand"?

Well, if you buy it for $300 and sell it for $3,000, that's a 10x markup. If people are willing to pay that, they're idiots. I wouldn't buy a $10,000 car for $100,000, or pay $10 for a $1 bottle of cola.

There's profit, and then there's obscene, excessive profit. The line between trading and profiteering is crossed.
monkeyman
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 24 2006, 08:07 PM)
Guitar Hero 2 is pretty much the same as the origional, but better. Extra post song stats, better graphics, tighter detection of hammer-ons/pull-offs. It's good of course! I was tempted to wait for the 360 version, but this way I have two controllers so I can play with my chums.  happy.gif

Awesome, i thought you'd just gotten the game on it's own.

This means we can have some 2 player Co-op?

EDIT:When I get a Wii, im replacing the straps. They are shite. I've read a fuckload of posts/blogs etc about peoples straps snapping resulting in broken controllers. (though of course it depends on how you play)
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/13
fatseff1234
QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Nov 24 2006, 01:46 PM)
I guy sold a PS3 that he waited over 40 hours to get. With 2 years warranty, an extra controller, a 60 gig harddrive, a blueray film and any 2 games from Gamestop to play on it for about 50p due to the buy it now price.

He's legally bound to do it too!

Poor sod!!

-m0r

I thought that was it, it just didn't seem too funny.

Also one of the best Penny Arcade strips ever!
monkeyman
Theres a sequel to Final Fantasy12 coming to the DS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy..._Revenant_Wings

Looks like I may have to get one. If the game is any good.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 24 2006, 11:08 PM)
Awesome, i thought you'd just gotten the game on it's own.

This means we can have some 2 player Co-op?

Indeed it does my man. I'll own you of course, but it should be a good laugh. tongue.gif

Finished the game on Medium. The level design, which isn't exactly a focal point of the game, is great. Lots going on and in career mode, if you play well enough, you get to play an encore and you get some extra animations which are pretty cool, especially in the later levels.
There's a decent crop of songs, some I knew, some I didn't. My particular favorites are The themes from Pulp Fiction and, I had no idea it was on here, the theme from the snooker. (It's called Jessica btw) It's strange how big a smile that song put on my face.
Started playing hard mode and to say that the difficulty have been turned up a notch would be an understatement. Despite my many hours of practice on GH I'm still finding it hard going at times. Not complaining about it though.
One thing I have to say is that the hammer-ons and pull-offs are actually usable now, no longer requiring the painfully perfect timing needed in the origional.
Drifter
Some 360 games Im interested in:

Elveon
Halo 3
Halo Wars
The Darkness
La Noire
Mass Effect
monkeyman
Elveon sounds pretty cool
All of the attack actions were motion captured using real weapons and it shows in the way spears are swung. They look like they actually have a weight to them. The weapons will also interact realistically with the environment. Blades will glance off of walls and other obstacles directly and it really looks like they're colliding into something instead of bouncing off in the general vicinity of where it should hit. This makes spear combat in small hallways difficult, forcing you to equip the proper weapons for each situation.

Though it's coming on PC as well so thankfully not another game drawing me to the 360 too soon laugh.gif

Darkness looks awesome also, but is on PS3 as well. I think it's based on a pretty cool comic I glanced over the other day.
L.A Noire is currently marked as being PS3 exclusive though.....looks pretty cool. I like those kinds of games.

Mas effect looks great, and I like the look of the "talking" feature. It'd be interedting to se how the rest of the gameplay pans out though. I imagine this will be the third game that the 360 has that I'm actually interested in (thats exclusive I mean).
monkeyman
Daxter (on the PSP) looks really fucking good. it's gotten great reviews as well.
I always did like the Jak and Daxter games.....looks like I'll be getting this next week then.
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 25 2006, 06:01 PM)
Daxter (on the PSP) looks really fucking good. it's gotten great reviews as well.
I always did like the Jak and Daxter games.....looks like I'll be getting this next week then.

It's great fun, if a little short and easy.

His ego-fuelled fantasy mingames are the best part of the game though.

Today, I completed Gears of War on casual with a a friend, and it's just a really fantastic game. Fantastic gameplay, graphics and sounds and just brilliant in general. The madworld advert is also one of the best game adverts I have seen too.
monkeyman
I've been told about that advert but have yet to see it. I have seen one Gears of War advert and it was ok, though nothing special. I'm assuming it was a different one to the one you are talking about.

It's also good to hear a positive response about Daxter, makes me want to buy it more ^^.
The PSP is getting an attachable camera, Eye toy and a GPS receiver sometime soon as well.
I don't really know how the Eyetoy is going to work, I mean to take pictures or for video/mike chat over a wireless network you could just use the digital camera. But they are releasing Eyetoy games (obviously). But with eyetoy you're suppoesed to use your hands to play....I don't know how thats going to work on the PSP, will be interesting to see what they come up with.

The GOS is a useful feature to a certain extent, certainly the older gamers who are actually looking for a GPS for their car. It's cheaper then current car mounted GPS units and you can download map software and the such for the region you live in or are visiting. I guess they'd have to release a car mount for it though.

Interesting times indeed.
Drifter
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 25 2006, 06:18 PM)
Elveon sounds pretty cool
Though it's coming on PC as well so thankfully not another game drawing me to the 360 too soon laugh.gif

Darkness looks awesome also, but is on PS3 as well. I think it's based on a pretty cool comic I glanced over the other day.
L.A Noire is currently marked as being PS3 exclusive though.....looks pretty cool. I like those kinds of games.

Mas effect looks great, and I like the look of the "talking" feature. It'd be interedting to se how the rest of the gameplay pans out though. I imagine this will be the third game that the 360 has that I'm actually interested in (thats exclusive I mean).

Its quoted in some Xbox mag that LA Noire will be making a show on the 360 although obviously thats not set in stone but if Rockstar do what they did with the GTA franchise Id imagine it would be winging its way onto the 360 too
Nonus Aequilibrium
Just got up to the last big area on Need For Speed Carbon, and it's gone almost instantaneously from stupidly easy to ridiculously hard. The problem is that all the opponent cars are now tier 3, and for some reason it won't even let me buy a tier 3 car. The cars I have even fully upgraded just can't compete on things like canyon duels or speedtrap races. I go flat out through a speedtrap and get 120mph at best, while all the other drivers are getting 150. It's ridiculous. I found I could use a drafter to get a bit of speed up but doing that at just the right moment is bloody hard.
monkeyman
QUOTE (Drifter @ Nov 25 2006, 11:21 PM)
Its quoted in some Xbox mag that LA Noire will be making a show on the 360 although obviously thats not set in stone but if Rockstar do what they did with the GTA franchise Id imagine it would be winging its way onto the 360 too
Ah that'd be sweet.
Just like to point out that I wasn;t trying to sound negative towards the 360 in my post.
it's just I know I'm going to end up getting one eventually but I'm going to try and hold off for as long as possible, and thusly I always try and rationalise a reason for gettig a game. At the moment it's coming down to being 360 exclusive as being te main factor laugh.gif
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 25 2006, 05:26 PM)
Just got up to the last big area on Need For Speed Carbon, and it's gone almost instantaneously from stupidly easy to ridiculously hard. The problem is that all the opponent cars are now tier 3, and for some reason it won't even let me buy a tier 3 car. The cars I have even fully upgraded just can't compete on things like canyon duels or speedtrap races. I go flat out through a speedtrap and get 120mph at best, while all the other drivers are getting 150. It's ridiculous. I found I could use a drafter to get a bit of speed up but doing that at just the right moment is bloody hard.

I had that problem. The key is to do easy races like checkpoints and drifting. That way you can unlock performance stuff and cars. If you have the RX-7 it should be easier to do circuit races and sprints, if you get a blocker to keep the other opponents back far enough. Wait until you get the Viper car, it makes most of the races easy if you know how to control it. That thing has got crazy acceleration. laugh.gif In my opinion though, the Nissan Skyline is the best tier 3 car to take over the territory with.

What car type did you start off with, since it affects what cars you unlock.
Drifter
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 26 2006, 05:11 AM)
Ah that'd be sweet.
Just like to point out that I wasn;t trying to sound negative towards the 360 in my post.
it's just I know I'm going to end up getting one eventually but I'm going to try and hold off for as long as possible, and thusly I always try and rationalise a reason for gettig a game. At the moment it's coming down to being 360 exclusive as being te main factor laugh.gif

Oh dont worry about sounding negative, everyone has their pet peeves at the end of the day, not everyone loves the 360, the Wii, the PS3 etc - personal preference and all.

I think there are alot of games coming on the horizon that are looking particularly splendid for the 360, now more than ever....including Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Halo Wars which is being produced by Ensemble Studios and its set before Halo CE and its exclusive to the 360 too
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Nov 26 2006, 05:19 AM)
I had that problem. The key is to do easy races like checkpoints and drifting. That way you can unlock performance stuff and cars. If you have the RX-7 it should be easier to do circuit races and sprints, if you get a blocker to keep the other opponents back far enough. Wait until you get the Viper car, it makes most of the races easy if you know how to control it. That thing has got crazy acceleration. laugh.gif In my opinion though, the Nissan Skyline is the best tier 3 car to take over the territory with.

What car type did you start off with, since it affects what cars you unlock.

I started off with the Mazda, but I ditched that early on for a tier 2 car. Then I won the pink slip from the first boss (I've actually had the pink slip off all 3 of the ones I've beaten so far). Currently in my garage I've got an Aston Martin DB9 (fully upgraded), a Porsche Cayman S (fully upgraded), a Dodge Charger (which I don't use because it's significantly worse than the previous two cars) and an RX-7. I was trying to win the canyon duel which would unlock a Lamborghini Murcielago, but I can't do it with any of the cars I have. The other guy's car is so fast he's almost overtaken me before I even get to the first corner. I've done some other races, but they keep unlocking stuff like "tier 3 suspension".... what goddamn use is that if I have no tier 3 cars?
monkeyman
Guitar Hero 2 Co-op is a good laugh. I wonder if theres any unlocks you can getf rom finishing the game in Hard/Extreme Co-Op.

Some great tracks on the new game as well. TROGDOOOOOORRRRRRRR!
monkeyman
Zeden lent me Guitar Hero (1) with the guitar and it's so goddamn addictive. My arms ache and my fingertips are numb where Ive been pressing the frets too hard for too long and I still want to keep playing.

Ive improved notably since playing it a few times at his, getting between 90-98% on all tracks on Medium so far. Still having trouble with quick frets and also quick Chord changes.
S'damn good fun.
Nonus Aequilibrium
Goddamn. Did a police chase on NFS, got 100 police cars rammed, escaped the pursuit, then just as I'm about to get the achievement for it, the bloody game crashed. Grrr.
UnderSpaced
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 26 2006, 09:20 AM)
I started off with the Mazda, but I ditched that early on for a tier 2 car. Then I won the pink slip from the first boss (I've actually had the pink slip off all 3 of the ones I've beaten so far). Currently in my garage I've got an Aston Martin DB9 (fully upgraded), a Porsche Cayman S (fully upgraded), a Dodge Charger (which I don't use because it's significantly worse than the previous two cars) and an RX-7. I was trying to win the canyon duel which would unlock a Lamborghini Murcielago, but I can't do it with any of the cars I have. The other guy's car is so fast he's almost overtaken me before I even get to the first corner. I've done some other races, but they keep unlocking stuff like "tier 3 suspension".... what goddamn use is that if I have no tier 3 cars?

The bottom left corner I think unlocks the Nissan Skyline if you take over that part of the territory. I don't remember what the races were for that territory, but you could try to aim for that, since it's a good tier 3 car.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Nov 26 2006, 09:47 PM)
The bottom left corner I think unlocks the Nissan Skyline if you take over that part of the territory. I don't remember what the races were for that territory, but you could try to aim for that, since it's a good tier 3 car.

I managed to unlock a tier 3 muscle and just used it to win the canyon duel and unlock the Murcielago. Once I'd got myself one of those the rest of it was piss easy. All I've got left now is a bit of tidying up odd races.
Punkass
Played Excite Truck and Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam. Can't say I am impressed at all. I really do not like having to steer by turning the remote left and right. It is too hard to be accurate, but maybe I just did not care to give it enough time.
Zelda is still rocking along nicely. It still is really going on the same flow as "Ocarina of Time". Same people, same weapons, land, etch.
Also found a video convertor for the PS3 and Wii systems. I converted an mpeg and loaded onto a SD card and it worked pretty well. A bit pixelated, but not really enough to bother all that much. You can download it free from here.
fatseff1234
Well I'm off to buy Call Of Duty 3 after college. I hope it's as good as the second one.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 26 2006, 07:19 PM)
Zeden lent me Guitar Hero  (1) with the guitar and it's so goddamn addictive. My arms ache and my fingertips are numb where Ive been pressing the frets too hard for too long and I still want to keep playing.

Ive improved notably since playing it a few times at his, getting between 90-98% on all tracks on Medium so far. Still having trouble with quick frets and also quick Chord changes.
S'damn good fun.

It is one of the most literally painfull games to play for the first few days. Once you've got the flexibility in your fingers sorted out your forearm should stop aching. Don't break the buttons with your hard pressings!
It's nice to be able to track how much better you're getting so easily isn't it. Don't expect to progress so quickly through Hard mode though, the addition of the extra button makes it a hell of a lot more difficult. You'll also be getting a hell of a lot more chords coming up in quick succession so that'll be nice for you.
You will never beat me though. never. biggrin.gif

It was indeed good fun playing GH2 on co-op and head to head. One minor niggle was that there are large gaps between some sections of songs on two player, I much prefer to be playing for the entire duration of a song rather than playing a section then waiting for the other player to finish their section.

Played some more Bully last night. Really enjoying it. I'm at about 40% of the game and I'm on chapter three. I've been taking my time with it, searching each area quite thoroughly as they open up. Almost finished all the lessons, which is a godsend because some of them are a bit rubbish. (the shop class pisses me off a treat) The only thing I would say is that it's a little too easy, with most missions revolving around picking items up and bringing them to a character that wants them. It does however have the usual Rockstar plot and dialogue, filled with little quips and satirical observation of the subject matter, which makes the cutscenes and general chatter of the NPCs entertaining.
I think I've got quite a lot to go yet, both in terms of missions and side quests, so I'm happy.
monkeyman
My little finger didn't want to bend properly after I was done with GH last night. I got onto Fat Lip which has a bunch of chord changes and my pinky just didn't want to work so I stopped playing. It was wrecking this morning as well. Thankfully a shower has sorted it out.

Bully is a bit easy, but I don't mind as it is an utterly enjoyable experience.
In fact the fighting system in GTA:VCS is very similar, but theres a lot more too it in GTA, well in some senses anyway.
I really want to buy the Warriors.
fatseff1234
I can't wait for the 360 version oif Guitar Hero. It sounds really fun.
zeden
I got onto Fat Lip which has a bunch of chord changes and my pinky just didn't want to work so I stopped playing.

Fat Lip is a bugger of a track. I remember being taken aback by the speed the notes fly down on that one. I had to take many a break from playing it back when I started, but now I don't get any aches apart from on my right thumb from strumming.

Not sure what I'm going to do tonight. I need to sort out my PCs graphics drivers for a start but then I'm free to do whatever I like. I've got Oblivion, Tony Hawk, Bully and Guitar Hero 2 to play but I don't know what I feel like. Might have a go online with Hawk. It's probably be over quite quickly because if it crashes I'll stop playing and move on.

I miss the days of having my PC monitor next to the TV so I could watch a film at the same time as playing a game, now I'm stuck with my PC hooked to my TV. Although picture in picture does allow me to watch tv/play games and use my PC at the same time, it doesn't allow me to have the PC in the small screen and the games on the main screen which is a bugger.
monkeyman
Oh dear lord you've just reminde dme...Oblivion....

I have my mates PC here now which can run Oblivion on nearly all highest settings.......but I only have enough money for one game and I'm getting Battlefield 2.
Perhaps I'll get it next fortnight. But I wanted to get Battle For middle Earth 2.
Bah. I need a fucking job.

I just attempted Fat Lip again and managed a 4 star rating on it. I'm happy with that.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 27 2006, 09:52 AM)
Well I'm off to buy Call Of Duty 3 after college. I hope it's as good as the second one.

Not very?
fatseff1234
Oi watch your tounge you. I enjoyed Call Of Duty 2 and, so far, I'm enjoying number 3.

If you weren't a fan of number two then I won't suggest purchasing the third installment because it's pretty much the same.

Also wub.gif

Isn't it beutiful.
Drifter
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 27 2006, 09:58 PM)
Oi watch your tounge you. I enjoyed Call Of Duty 2 and, so far, I'm enjoying number 3.

If you weren't a fan of number two then I won't suggest purchasing the third installment because it's pretty much the same.

Also  wub.gif

Isn't it beutiful.

Looks like something my friends 4 yr old son has, his has realistic sounds too biggrin.gif
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Drifter @ Nov 27 2006, 09:54 PM)
Looks like something my friends 4 yr old son has, his has realistic sounds too  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Omniscia
I tried the Wii at EB Games (rest in peace, Electronics Boutique!) today, though I had to temporarily surrender my car keys to even touch the controller... All they have on the demo machine is Excite Truck and, I must say, if that's indicative of the quality of the games on that console, I'm not buying one anytime soon.

Sure, the motion/tilt-sensing is a nifty little gimmick, but the game itself isn't anything I haven't played a dozen times before on many other systems. As for the graphics, it looks like Nintendo is finally catching up to the Playstation... The first Playstation, that is.

If they had Zelda, or Wii Sports, or something, maybe I'd be a bit more impressed, but from what I saw today it doesn't seem to be that much of a step up from the Gamecube. I'll stick to my SNES and N64 for now.
monkeyman
Basing a systems quality on one poor game like that is a bit premature. There are some other quality games out/coming out soon.
Punkass
I agree with you Mr. Erik, but get it a chance:
QUOTE (Punkass @ Nov 26 2006, 07:24 PM)
Played Excite Truck and Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.  Can't say I am impressed at all.  I really do not like having to steer by turning the remote left and right.  It is too hard to be accurate, but maybe I just did not care to give it enough time.
Zelda is still rocking along nicely.  It still is really going on the same flow as "Ocarina of Time".  Same people, same weapons, land, etch.
Also found a video convertor for the PS3 and Wii systems.  I converted an mpeg and loaded onto a SD card and it worked pretty well.  A bit pixelated, but not really enough to bother all that much.  You can download it free from here.
Omniscia
Well, Mr... er, Kyle... I will indeed give it a chance. I'm certainly considering it, but if and when I do, it will be closer to the time the next Metroid title is out.
monkeyman
Kyle O_o

laugh.gif
Omniscia
Geez, don't look at me like that! I had to look it up in the profile! tongue.gif
Jubei
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 27 2006, 09:58 PM)

Also  wub.gif

Isn't it beutiful.

My eyes aren't what they were, is that a 360 controller? It looks like the glowing halo of control in the top left. Of so: appreciative *ooooh* sounds. That's one game I wanted but could never have as I don't have any access AT ALL to a PS2.
zeden
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 28 2006, 05:14 AM)
Basing a systems quality on one poor game like that is a bit premature. There are some other quality games out/coming out soon.

I'm with you all the way on this. Excite Truck is hardly going to blow anyones minds now is it?

As for the graphics, it looks like Nintendo is finally catching up to the Playstation... The first Playstation, that is.

...from what I saw today it doesn't seem to be that much of a step up from the Gamecube...

You do remember how Nintendo have stated that they are not competing graphically don't you? You're also way off base saying Nintendo have "finally" caught up to the PS. If graphics is what makes you buy a game/console then fair enough, but drawing comparision between the decidedly better graphics of the Wii and the decade old graphics of the PS1 is just silly.

Never got around to playing any games last night. I started mucking about with my PC and ended up spending the whole night tweaking it and running scans. Got it running quicker, but it was hardly the most fun in the world. PCs wind me up a treat sometimes.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Jubei @ Nov 28 2006, 09:52 AM)
My eyes aren't what they were, is that a 360 controller? It looks like the glowing halo of control in the top left.  Of so: appreciative *ooooh* sounds.  That's one game I wanted but could never have as I don't have any access AT ALL to a PS2.

It sure is. Guitar Hero II(I) is coming to the 360.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 28 2006, 10:34 AM)
I'm with you all the way on this. Excite Truck is hardly going to blow anyones minds now is it?
You do remember how Nintendo have stated that they are not competing graphically don't you? You're also way off base saying Nintendo have "finally" caught up to the PS. If graphics is what makes you buy a game/console then fair enough, but drawing comparision between the decidedly better graphics of the Wii and the decade old graphics of the PS1 is just silly.
Never got around to playing any games last night. I started mucking about with my PC and ended up spending the whole night tweaking it and running scans. Got it running quicker, but it was hardly the most fun in the world. PCs wind me up a treat sometimes.

While I agree that graphics alone don't make a game and that there's probably too much emphasis put on them in recent years, I think some are going too far in the other direction and almost celebrating the fact that the Wii's graphics look bloody awful. Screen resolutions on PCs have been at least 700+ vertical lines as standard now for the best part of a decade. Only the Xbox 360 and PS3 have actually caught up with that. I absolutely hate trying to play a game in low definition, I feel like I'm stuck in the mid 90s, which is one of the reasons I haven't touched a console since the megadrive until the 360 came out. There's not competing, then there's being years behind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.