Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Games III
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
zeden
I downloaded the wizards tower plugin for Oblivoin today. It's surprisingly cool considering it's just a building to keep your crap in. You get an alter of enchanting and spell making as well as a special alter which, if you bring 3 of any type of salt (frost, fire, storm) you are able to summon an Antronach of that element to follow you around.

It's quite cool to gather a small group of people together in a squad with you and raid ruins. I'm planning to finish the Fighters Guild and the Dark Brotherhood so I can get a couple more people to follow me around.Plus, I can summon something to fight along side us. Reckon I could get about 5/6 people to follow me around.

The tower also has a table which boosts your alchemy skill when you stand near it, making alchemy much more accessable to those with a lower alchemy skill.

Worth the 150 points, I'm tempted to download all the others now just to see what I get.
monkeyman
Wait, you have to use gamer points to get it?
zeden
I wish. No, it's not gamepoints (the ones earned from playing games and unlocking achievements) but the other points, the name of which escapes me right now, that you have to use. I got 2100 for about 13 thanks to Beezer's discount. Spent some on a arcade game called Geometry Wars Evolved and a couple of add-ons for Oblivion, got about 1300 left.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 25 2006, 07:22 PM)
Gragh!

Trying to win 12 Tournaments/Leagues in a Row on Soul Calibur 3 is insanity. For starters it'd take 2+ hours and as you get to each next stage (particularly 3 and 4) the fights become stupidly hard.

The CPU players cheat so badly,you know to the point where you can only win by doing a specific move that the Computer will let you hit them with. Coz lets face it, the computer could win every fight without getting hit once if it wanted to.

That's why fighting game AI is fundamentally broken. It's not like a bot in a first person shooter where you can outsmart them, use the level to your advantage, etc. You always know that whatever you do against the AI player in a fighting game is only what it let you do.

Hehe, just read something funny on a forum about Hitman. Someone was doing opera house mission, he'd stolen an outfit, and next thing he knows he's got a group of people following him around everywhere he goes. Which obviously isn't a good idea for the stealth aspect. It finally clicked for him when after taking them all round the boiler rooms etc one of them says "this is the worst guided tour ever", and he realised which outfit he'd stolen. smile.gif
monkeyman
haha thats fucking awesome.

You have a point about the AI.
I mean sometimes it's really intuative and it is like playing a human and other times it's just cheap as fuck.
bunnyoku
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 25 2006, 06:22 PM)
Coz lets face it, the computer could win every fight without getting hit once if it wanted to.

only if you're rubbish tongue.gif
monkeyman
You...you die and go to hell >:

laugh.gif
Drifter
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 25 2006, 06:03 PM)
Prey's all right. Good but not outstanding. Multiplayer is utterly dreadful though.

Dead Rising demo is quite fun, but I suspect it'll be short lived. The GTA games are the same for me, fun for about five minutes then shite once the novelty has worn off. Hopefully Dead Rising will be fun for more than about half an hour.

I'll be getting Dead Rising anyway, but then I have a tendency to buy at least one new game a month anyway. My 360 collection of games is already getting quite obscenely huge.

Same here, have quite a collection going of 360 games, there are a number of games coming up I like the look of - Gears of War, Splinter Cell (which I KNOW I'll get cause I love the other incarnations) Halo 3 when it finally arrives, FEAR, NFS Carbon, Rainbow Six: Vegas the list goes on and on and on.....
Nonus Aequilibrium
Grrr, hitman has been getting on my nerves today. I've been playing through it again on Professional difficulty, and the lack of save points, rather than being a valid way of making the game harder, just make it plain annoying. One slight mistake and that's the whole level to be started again from the beginning.

For some reason it seems to be being just wrong on some of my ratings. I've done a few levels on professional which should have been given silent assassin ratings, since I followed all the rules, yet it gives me a "Professional" rating instead with no explanation of what I did wrong. No one saw anything, no one ever got suspicious of my character, no evidence left behind, yet no silent assassin. Bloody annoying. Just actually completing the game isn't difficult at all. Completing the game with SA rating on every level is ridiculously hard.
monkeyman
Hmm. I know for a fact it isn't time based. Or at least it hasn't been on any of the previous games.
What methods do you generally use to kill your targets?
beatoswald
I think you can only fire one shot on pro to get SA and it has to be silenced. Also you need to escape in your suit.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 26 2006, 10:10 PM)
Hmm. I know for a fact it isn't time based. Or at least it hasn't been on any of the previous games.
What methods do you generally use to kill your targets?

Accidents as much as possible. Otherwise I take them as human shields, take them somewhere quiet, knock them out and shoot them in the head once with silenced silverballer, then hide the body in a bin or something. Sometimes poison syringe, sometimes fibre wire.

QUOTE (beatoswald @ Aug 26 2006, 10:35 PM)
I think you can only fire one shot on pro to get SA and it has to be silenced. Also you need to escape in your suit.

That was the case in the previous games. Not any more, apparently. You can fire as many shots as you like into nothingness if you like, providing no one hears them. Escaping in your suit on You Better Watch Out is impossible, since you need the bodyguard outfit to reach the helipad that you escape from. You get penalised with money, but it's not supposed to stop you getting silent assassin.

Edit: Brilliant! I just read somewhere that there's an achievement for killing absolutely everyone on A New Life with a set of gardening shears biggrin.gif.
Cornetto
QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 25 2006, 07:02 PM)
I got 2100 for about 13 thanks to Beezer's discount. Spent some on a arcade game called Geometry Wars Evolved

If you own PGR3 you wasted your points both versions of the game are hidden on it.
monkeyman
God.Fucking.Dammit.

I cant play Chronicles of the Sword on Soul Calibur 3 anymore. If I try and load my old save it tells me the data is corrupt and to delete it.
If I start a new game and try to save I get the same message.
Thankfully this hasnt carried across to the main game and other achievments as I would be fucking pissed. Ive nearly unlocked every item,armour and weapon which is no short term simple feat.

I cant delete the corrupt data as it is in the same "Block" as all SC3 data. What this means is I can only use my created character on Vs. Special and missions.

It's not a real loss to be honest. My created characters level was too high for any of chronicles of the sword to be challenging on a second play through. Just bloody glad it didn't corrupt all my data ya'know....

Just bitching about it now made me realise how much of a non los it is actually. I've barely touched Chronicles of the sword since I finished it...and for good reason.
monkeyman
Jesus Christ.

I found out a couple of interesting things a few days ago about the voice actor behind Mitsurugi from the SOul Calibur Series.

The same guy does the voice of Ichigos father in one of my favourite animes called "Bleach", he does the voice of Sephiroth in just about EVERYTHING offical, involving Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7,He does the Voice of Kazuya From the Tekken games which is a character I know Zeden likes to use, He does the voice of Ryu/Evil(shadow) Ryu in nearly every Street fighter game released.

Hes also the main voice acter in several very popular anime like Inuyasha and Naruto, parts in Dragonball Z and ultimate muscle as well as appearring in a fair few other games like Tenchu(a series i love).

This post doesn't really have much point other then to say i wish I had a clue about how to get into voice acting. And the fact I really admire this guy for getting so many awesome voice roles.

EDIT:He also does the Japanese dub voice over for actor Ewan McGregor.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (Cornetto @ Aug 27 2006, 12:42 AM)
If you own PGR3 you wasted your points both versions of the game are hidden on it.

I think you'll find they're only trial versions that boot you off after so many points.

Just got my five Silent Assassin Ratings on Professional difficulty achievement. I was extra careful this time. Still not sure entirely what I did differently this time around, but I opted for the less dramatic accident on one level (just pushed a bloke off a balcony instead of shooting out the glass bottom on his overhang jacuzzi and seeing him plummet to his death). I think I may have accidentally poisoned the sausage that I fed to his dog instead of filling it with sedatives last time around. I wasn't sure if the dog counted as a civilian...
beatoswald
Escaping in your suit on You Better Watch Out is impossible, since you need the bodyguard outfit to reach the helipad that you escape from. You get penalised with money, but it's not supposed to stop you getting silent assassin.

If you go to the right at the start of the map, knock out the guard in the security room when he goes to the coffee machine, turn off the lasers and drag him out the door and around in front of the elevator so he won't be woken, you can escape this way. Using the boat you arrived on. You can take his suit and then the singing waiter's who is showering in the staff floor, to do the mission.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (beatoswald @ Aug 27 2006, 11:54 AM)
If you go to the right at the start of the map, knock out the guard in the security room when he goes to the coffee machine, turn off the lasers and drag him out the door and around in front of the elevator so he won't be woken, you can escape this way. Using the boat you arrived on. You can take his suit and then the singing waiter's who is showering in the staff floor, to do the mission.

I didn't realise there were two different escape points. I just went up the normal lift to do the level. You just have to remember the security camera, so stick to the wall... I did the whole mission perfectly, then forgot about the camera and ran right out in front of it. D'oh! Still, that's a relatively easy level to get SA on. I'd say the easiest SA missions are A Vintage Year, Curtains Down, A New Life, You Better Watch Out, and Till Death Do Us Part. Those are the missions I did to get 5 professional SAs. There's no more benefit from getting any more SAs on professional, so I just need to blast through the last few levels now.
zeden
QUOTE (Cornetto @ Aug 27 2006, 12:42 AM)

Yeah, I know that. That info is stored in the massive "utterly pointless game trivia" section of my brain. I just don't like PGR and as Nonus pointed out, they're only trail versions.
Omniscia
Guess who's getting Guitar Hero for their birthday? biggrin.gif
Gimp
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Aug 27 2006, 04:30 PM)
Guess who's getting Guitar Hero for their birthday? biggrin.gif

Eddie Stobart?
Omniscia
Lucky sod.

No, it's me! biggrin.gif

Soon, I shall be rocking and rolling all night, though the partying every day thing is yet to be determined.
Omniscia

Grrr! Stupid Microsoft! In your attempts to make me spend money on upgrading to Windows XP, you are only succeeding in making me not spend money on your games!
Nonus Aequilibrium
Arsebiscuits! I almost got SA on the final level of hitman on professional. Then just as I'm about to escape, some twat found the sedated guard I impatiently stole the clothes from near the beginning. If I'd just made sure to get the guard who's guaranteed to never be found, but takes about 5 minutes worth of waiting around to appear in the spot where you can grab him, I'd have done it. Or if I'd been about 20 seconds quicker. Ah well, can't be arsed doing it again.
monkeyman
Professional mode makes me want to kick things.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 27 2006, 09:19 PM)
Professional mode makes me want to kick things.

You're far better off strangling and poisoning things actually. I doubt a hitman would ever get a contract that says "Infiltrate this drug dealer's mansion and give him a nasty bruise on the shin".
Drifter
Hitman can either be the most fulfilling or the most annoyingly frustrating game ever.
zeden
QUOTE (Drifter @ Aug 27 2006, 09:34 PM)
Hitman can either be the most fulfilling or the most annoyingly frustrating game ever.

The best games generally are.

Downloaded a few new things for Oblivion. Not had chance to play them properly yet, but I'll report on their contents soon.
fatseff1234
Quake 4's cool, I especialy love the zombies/wrong experiments.

Very cool just wandering along blasting away with the shotgun, which up to that point was rarely used.

Can't wait for Dead Rising, looks cool.

Also Halo 2 has the worst graphics I've seen, it looked like something that should've been on the N64.

Could just be that I'm used to Next-Gen graphics though.
NiteFall
Should be getting the new Commandos game from the nice DVD rental people tomorrow. Anyone know if it's any good, or should I report back with my findings?
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:52 PM)
Also Halo 2 has the worst graphics I've seen, it looked like something that should've been on the N64.

Could just be that I'm used to Next-Gen graphics though.

It looked about original Xbox standard, which looked good about 5 years ago. The art style in Halo is utterly disgusting though. It seems to go from one extreme to the other, one minute you're in levels that are totally bland looking, grey concrete slabs everywhere, next minute you've got pink and purple walls all over the place.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 27 2006, 10:51 PM)
It looked about original Xbox standard, which looked good about 5 years ago. The art style in Halo is utterly disgusting though. It seems to go from one extreme to the other, one minute you're in levels that are totally bland looking, grey concrete slabs everywhere, next minute you've got pink and purple walls all over the place.

The character models just didn't look like they'd been detailed at all.

Silly Next-Gen graphics.
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Aug 27 2006, 11:56 PM)
The character models just didn't look like they'd been detailed at all.

Silly Next-Gen graphics.

Quite a lot of the detail seemed to be in the normal maps, which in cutscenes were slow to stream in off the disc and you could see detail popping in around the scene all over the place. It was very distracting.
NiteFall
ahhh, Halo 2. Just as ugly as the first Halo with 98% less ending.

zeden
QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:52 PM)

I've got a sneaking suspition that there is a good reason why Halo looks like utter crap on your 360. If you've not been online with it you wont have downloaded the patches to upgrade the backwards compatibility. I remember being amazed at just how bad Halo 2 looked on the 360 by comparison to on the X-box and then the relief of the graphical improvement once I'd gotten online and downloaded the patch. Now it runs slightly smoother than the origional version. I know you're not online right now, but that's another reason to sort it out I guess.
Gimp
Oh dear. I've found myself collecting one of every piece of armour and weapon.

I don't even know why. I don't do things like this normally mellow.gif
zeden
QUOTE (Gimp @ Aug 28 2006, 12:28 PM)
Oh dear. I've found myself collecting one of every piece of armour and weapon.

I don't even know why.  I don't do things like this normally  mellow.gif

One of us! One of us!

Welcome to uber-geek town!

I do the same (sort of) by trying to get all the unique items I can get my hands on and then stock piling them at one of my houses. I've got a room full of all kinds of crap, the floor is covered in hundreds of notes I found and all the surfaces have got piles of weapons and armor on them. Sad, but strangely satisfying.
monkeyman
In elder scrolls three some guy invited me to his house then tried to kill me so I murdered him and I used his house to stock pile gems just for fun. By the end of the game the floor was covered in Pearls and diamonds and whatnot. Looked great laugh.gif
Nonus Aequilibrium
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Aug 28 2006, 02:30 PM)
In elder scrolls three some guy invited me to his house then tried to kill me so I murdered him and I used his house to stock pile gems just for fun. By the end of the game the floor was covered in Pearls and diamonds and whatnot. Looked great laugh.gif

I owned my own mansion up on a hill outside Balmora in Morrowind tongue.gif.
monkeyman
I had that as well, it came with some nice stuff that i sold for a bunch of money.

My jewel encrusted carpet was the win though
Crutch
I started Condemmed (sp?). It's freaking me out. I bloody love it.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 28 2006, 08:46 AM)
I've got a sneaking suspition that there is a good reason why Halo looks like utter crap on your 360. If you've not been online with it you wont have downloaded the patches to upgrade the backwards compatibility. I remember being amazed at just how bad Halo 2 looked on the 360 by comparison to on the X-box and then the relief of the graphical improvement once I'd gotten online and downloaded the patch. Now it runs slightly smoother than the origional version. I know you're not online right now, but that's another reason to sort it out I guess.

Severe lack of funds at the moment, Work lied to me about my pay so I owe my mum over 100.

I will try it one day though.
Gimp
I'm on the last Fighter's Guild mission, where I have to kill them and then estroy the fancy tree, but the game still recognises them as important characters and I can only knock them out, not kill them.

Is this a known problem? I had a look at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page but they don't mention anything.
zeden
QUOTE (Gimp @ Aug 29 2006, 01:55 AM)
I'm on the last Fighter's Guild mission, where I have to kill them and then estroy the fancy tree, but the game still recognises them as important characters and I can only knock them out, not kill them.

Is this a known problem?  I had a look at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page but they don't mention anything.

I can't say I ran into that problem, sounds like a weird one. Are you sure you've had all the relevant conversations etc to activate the quest properly?

Think I might start over again on Oblivion, if only for the sake of getting my achievements on my Live profile. Such a bitch that Zeden was already taken and I couldn't use that profile and keep my gamerscore etc. I must track down this other Zeden and steal my name back.
Gimp
QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 29 2006, 12:43 PM)
I can't say I ran into that problem, sounds like a weird one. Are you sure you've had all the relevant conversations etc to activate the quest properly?

As far as I can tell. The Dark Elf fellow says I should head over to the Blackwood Company hall to destroy the tree. When I go through the door I'm told I'm no longer a member of Blackwood company etc, then they all start laying into me but all I can do is knock them out.

Oh well, I'll see what it's like tonight.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (Crutch @ Aug 28 2006, 05:05 PM)
I started Condemmed (sp?). It's freaking me out. I bloody love it.

I fucking love that game. How far are you?
fatseff1234
Double post.

I am now Live.

I'm already having problems with Live sad.gif

I'm trying to connect to Live with Halo 2 but it keeps saying that Microsoft Live has an important message for me and then it signs me onto some shite about Account Management.

Help.
zeden
AY!
Soon I will trounce you at Halo! My gamertag is in my sig so just send me a friend request once you're sorted.
fatseff1234
QUOTE (zeden @ Aug 29 2006, 05:08 PM)
AY!
Soon I will trounce you at Halo! My gamertag is in my sig so just send me a friend request once you're sorted.

I've sent you one it's just this Account Management shit that's hindering me.

Kind of sorted the problem, I can play Quake 4 online. Would anyone like to add me?

fatseff1234 is my tag.
monkeyman
Been playing a lot of MGS3 today. it's my second run through so I have some of the Camo and a few unlockable weapons from the previous play through.

This time round I'm only playing it with my headphones on and the volume cranked quite high, I'm refusing to use any of the motion/people sensor equipment, though I barely used it the first time through.

It's great figuring out where enemies are by watching and waiting and listening.
Using the headphones has really made me appreciate even more the incredible amount of time and effort that has been put into the sound effect sin the game, particularly the ambient background noise of the jungle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.