Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz Premiere
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2
CazBag
HOT FUZZ UK PREMIERE: TUESDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2007

A date for your diaries good people!!!
danc
hmmm, what formalities do I have to go through to get to the hot fuzz premiere.? huh.gif
Cornetto
biggrin.gif same day I became a member of this Forum aren't I cool
sarkybarker
QUOTE (danc @ Dec 23 2006, 03:01 PM)
hmmm, what formalities do I have to go through to get to the hot fuzz premiere.? huh.gif

ah, don't worry about it....i'm sure there won't be many people wanting to go! mad.gif

we must hatch a plan... happy.gif
ashy99
The 13th? Isn't that the day before Simon's birthday?

I'm quite tempted to make him a birthday card now and give it to him if I see him at the premiere - I'm definitely going!

I just joined by the way, so hi smile.gif
KevinandNick
Well, it would be nice if the ol' Wilson Bros get to tread the red carpet this time around, as we get to spend very little time together these days, what with living apart from each other now.

Hot Fuzz was a pleasure to work on, meeting up again with some very cool guys (we're sure we know who they are) and hanging out with the likes of Mr Timothy Dalton.

It has been our pleasure to have been the personal cheerleading squad for Messrs W & P over the past (nearly) four years, and will continue to do so - and once you have seen us in Hot Fuzz, you will know why anyone with anything to say against them should quake in their boots!

Take care, guys and gals, and see you at the movies. cool.gif

Kevin & Nick
sleeping_pirate
Great to see you guys back on the forum! And lovely to hear you had such a nice time making the film smile.gif

-x-x-x-
KevinandNick
Hiya sleeping_pirate!

Oh, we've always been around on this site, even if it's just lurking!

We have been discretely spreading the good word about Hot Fuzz on various websites and talkbacks.

Only about six weeks to go until the UK release - bet everyone is excited now, huh? smile.gif

All the best!

Kevin & Nick
feckless_dykey_prostitute
Kevin and Nick, you have returned! Great to hear your good experiences making the film. It sounds like you had a blast.

I am, like everyone else, so very excited about Hot Fuzz happy.gif
KevinandNick
Hiya, Feckless! smile.gif

Nice to hear from you!

Yeah, Hot Fuzz was great fun to do - great people and great locations - also great evenings in Somerset taking advantage of the local brew... wink.gif

Kev & Nick
dolfyn
Yaaaayyy! I'm glad to see you back on the main forum too. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Issie Wiz
Wow! V. happy to find out the premiere of Hot Fuzz is the 13th Feb and even more amazed to read that Mr Pegg's birthday is the day after as that's when my hubby's birthday is too, although born a year later!! So I've been scanning the net waves to find a way of getting hold of premiere tickets as a birthday pressie. If any bright ideas come to mind would love to know...

Can't wait to see the film!

Issie Wiz

biggrin.gif
KevinandNick
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jan 8 2007, 11:05 AM)
Yaaaayyy! I'm glad to see you back on the main forum too.  biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

Aww, thanks!

It's nice to be back, dolfyn! smile.gif

KEV & NICK
CazBag
UPDATE: The UK Premiere will be held at the Vue West End Cinema
Ghost_862
How do we get tickets? I am actually off this day, which has worked out perfectly [providing I can get tickets]. Otherwise I might become a red carpet wannabe for the day, with my spaced DVD and a permanent marker.
CazBag
QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Jan 23 2007, 08:11 PM)
How do we get tickets? I am actually off this day, which has worked out perfectly [providing I can get tickets]. Otherwise I might become a red carpet wannabe for the day, with my spaced DVD and a permanent marker.

I think you'll have to go with option 2 unless a competition for a ticket crops up. I think many of us will live in hope for that.
Spider Dijon
Does anyone know if Mark Heap and Kevin Eldon will be there? I think I'm gonna take a pen and a couple of DVD covers with me for signing. But to be honest it's more the meeting them than signing that I'm interested in. Thanks!
Spider Dijon
Right, I know that Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Edgar Wright, Paddy Consadine are going to be on the red carpet on the 13th of February, does anyone know who else is going to be there? I mean I THINK Kevin Eldon, Bill Bailey and some others, but I don't know. Do you know whose going to be there?
CazBag
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Jan 28 2007, 09:26 AM)
Does anyone know if Mark Heap and Kevin Eldon will be there? I think I'm gonna take a pen and a couple of DVD covers with me for signing. But to be honest it's more the meeting them than signing that I'm interested in. Thanks!

I'd imagine that Kevin Eldon will most likely be there. Although not sure about Mark Heap as he's not in the film.
Ghost_862
Got back a little while ago. Eldon and Heap were both absent.

Peter Serafenowicz (sp!?!?) and a heavily pregnant Sarah Alexander were there. All the Boosh were there. The LoG were there. Keith Allen was there for some reason.

Edward Woodward was there. Dalton. Considine. Somebody who I didn't recognise at all but referred to himself as Ralph (pronounced Rayfe). Stephen Merchant. Jessica Stevenson. Few more who I forget.

To be honest, I didn't have a great time.

How is it that nowadays Simon Pegg can hear the whirring of a news camera from forty metres, but can't hear his fans from three feet?

There were a LOT of people waiting there today for a LONG time and not even all the front row got stuff signed. I've already met Simon and Edgar so whatever, but the two girls beside us had brought not one but TWO banners and got completely ignored where Simon and Edgar kept wandering off and speaking to the media. That was pretty poor show given that a lot of people waited for hours in the rain. They walked past us three times and ignored us three times.

On the plus side I got scribbles from Timothy Dalton, Jessia Stevenson and Nick Frost. And some guy I never heard of who just signed everybody's book. Kenneth something, from Shine On something.
Llama
I had a good time. Got pretty wet and it was uncomfortable and cold (that one's my fault for not taking a coat) but I did get to chat to Edgar and Simon briefly and a few others. I've got some photos but had to put the camera away after a while because I was worried about the rain and the fact that it's technically not my camera. I'll upload those later on.
Jessopjessopjessop
I'm going to email my inside man and see if he got any shots.
CazBag
I had a pretty good time too, despite the rain. After I left you Llama and moved further down to bagsy a board (as the carrier bag brigade seemed to have hogged the whole area we were standing in - how I detest those people) I managed to stand next to Wifey so we kept ourselves entertained for the evening! Many a face to spot. Although like Ghost discovered everyone seemed to bypass all of us except for Edgar who kindly stopped to chat and sign (who I'm extremely grateful to). He was literally the only person who signed where we were standing. Obviously standing opposite the press is not the place to stand.

Determined to speak to Simon and Nick we decided to stay until after the premiere and try and get them then. Fortunately we were able to speak to Simon although didn't see Nick come out so missed him. Very pleased to get one soggy board back to Oxfordshire in one piece signed by Edgar and Simon.

But tell me this, I can never understand ... how can someone who has only been standing waiting for say 2 hours, who doesn't know anything about the film, not know who anyone is in front of them ... and still get everything signed compared to someone who'd been waiting over 7 hours and know exactly the purpose for being there. Sod's law I believe.

Good to see Jess there I have to say. She looked fantastic.
Llama
QUOTE (CazBag @ Feb 14 2007, 11:58 AM)
But tell me this, I can never understand ... how can someone who has only been standing waiting for say 2 hours, who doesn't know anything about the film, not know who anyone is in front of them ... and still get everything signed compared to someone who'd been waiting over 7 hours and know exactly the purpose for being there.  Sod's law I believe.

Good to see Jess there I have to say.  She looked fantastic.

Oh, tell me about it. We had two kids behind us who could barely speak English and had no idea who any of the people were clambering on us and shouting whatever names they heard everyone else shouting (and sometimes just names they thought they heard). One of them kept hitting me in the head and several times tried to force himself infront of me to "get photo". Eventually I got so angry with his persistent climbing, shoving and shouting that I stood on his foot and pressed down really hard. The squeal of pain was excellent and he bloody deserved it! He was annoying everyone around me too and they were all pleased when he finally buggered off.

Glad you managed to get a board and had a good time though smile.gif Jess really did look fantastic, I almost told her but I know I would have phrased it terribly and scared her.... I opted for "Have a good evening!" after she'd signed my notebook and she replied "You too!" which was nice.

The highlight for me had to be seeing that both Edgar and Simon actually seemed happy to see me again! It's great to be recognised!
Sostie
QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Feb 13 2007, 09:48 PM)
And some guy I never heard of who just signed everybody's book. Kenneth something, from Shine On something.

Kenneth Cranham? Of Shine On Harvey Moon, Hellraiser II and Rome fame?
CazBag
QUOTE (Llama @ Feb 14 2007, 11:14 AM)
Eventually I got so angry with his persistent climbing, shoving and shouting that I stood on his foot and pressed down really hard. The squeal of pain was excellent and he bloody deserved it! He was annoying everyone around me too and they were all pleased when he finally buggered off.

The highlight for me had to be seeing that both Edgar and Simon actually seemed happy to see me again! It's great to be recognised!

Good on you! Wish I'd been there to see that! laugh.gif

Great to hear you had a great time and got to speak to the boys. They all looked great and quite rightly very proud. Hats off to them!
CazBag
Pictures:

from Getty Images

from Empireonline
Wife Of Rolex
Lovely to meet you Caz. smile.gif

The rain came at probably the worst time. About 40 seconds before their arrival and then continued unabated thereafter. Mixed with the cold it really was an uncomfortable few hours, but still worth it in the end. And bless the bemused passerbys. One asked what was going on and I pointed to the giant...sorry - GIIIIIIAAAAAAANT!!!! - poster at the front of the cinema with Simon and Nick with the words Hot Fuzz lit up in blue, plus in big letters WORLD PREMIERE, and even after staring at it for a good few moments she still turned back and asked, 'So what is it?' rolleyes.gif And the woman who asked me, 'Sorry I'm not used to London. Is this a premiere?' I told her it was and she went, 'So this Simon Frog will be here?' I just held in my laughter and nodded. She said thanks, gave me a shove and walked off! laugh.gif

We did seem to be in a blind spot though as most of the celebs that turned up would come up near to where we were, then quickly go over to the press pit and then continue signing further along the barriers. It's quite unfair to say Simon and Nick had ignored a certain section of fans. It was very much accidental and, having been on the other side of the barriers in another situation myself, I can vouch that the bright lights and noise can make it all very confusing as to where you've been and where you haven't yet. Edgar, I think, managed to go round everyone because he did nearly all the press bits in one go first, unlike Simon & Nick who were flitting back and forth. They did, however, turn and wave to fans a few times, even apologising for weather.

When Edgar did come along he was very gracious and thanked everyone who said they loved his work. I told him I'd seen and loved Hot Fuzz and he said thanks. I then said who I was on here and he went, 'Ahhhhh! Hello!' biggrin.gif Sadly only the 'E' of his autograph stayed on my SotD dvd cover as it was sodden my then from the rain.

As we'd missed Simon and Nick at the start, Caz and me hung around to see if we could catch them coming out. We waited for about 2 hours (the length of the film. Go figure!) in which time we breathed in copious amounts of smoke from the security's cigarettes, became ever more cold and watched as a drunk got in and then subsequently thrown out of the cinema before kicking off. Then just before they were due to come out these two women said that we should go to the side as that's where they would be coming out and not the front, where we were. So we rushed to the side, away from the shelter at the front, and waited as a swarm of people came out, but they were the public audience and not anyone from the film. We go soaked waiting until I spotted Rob Brydon through the window hanging around the other side which led to the front. Then I saw Derren Brown walking towards the front and we realised that they would be leaving that way. The bloody women sent us out the wrong way. The biatchs!! mad.gif So we made it back just in time for them coming out. Rafe squeezed by and then Michael Smiley came out. I actually almost blinded him with my camera flash! He did a comedy 'What the fuck was that?!' look around blink. Everyone giggled, I said a loud sorry and he smiled back. biggrin.gif

Eventually Simon came out and signed Caz's board and I gave him a birthday card and he said, 'Aww, thank you. Bless you.' His mum was right next to him and said, 'Ah, that's so sweet.' we didn't see Nick or Edgar again, though. No idea what happened to them. After that it was a soggy and cold journey home. *phew*

Other people there were:

Jessica (who looked stunning), Keith Allen (when asked why he was there he said, 'Because my ex-wife is the producer!'), Rafe, Paddy, Ewar Woowar, Timothy Dalton, Jim Broadbent (who was an hour late!), all of The Boosh, all of the LoG, Derren Brown, Rob Brydon, Thandie Newton, Pete (and little bro James) Serafinowicz with missus Sarah, Marc Warren, Nicholas Burns, Amanda Abbingdon, Stephen Merchant, Ricky and Peanut from Kaiser Chiefs and the rest is a blur.

Wife Of Rolex
Wife Of Rolex
Oh, and I should have some photos later.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 14 2007, 11:50 AM)
Kenneth Cranham? 

Ach, I knew I'd missed someone out.

Wife Of Rolex
Llama
QUOTE (CazBag @ Feb 14 2007, 12:50 PM)
Good on you!  Wish I'd been there to see that!  laugh.gif

Great to hear you had a great time and got to speak to the boys.  They all looked great and quite rightly very proud.  Hats off to them!

It was pretty good laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif They did look great, I'm sad I couldn't get more (or better) photos of them. Bloody rain.

Here's the few I managed to get before retiring the camera:

In the light:

In the dark:

Edith Bowman:

Ewar:

Rafe with red-eye:

The Holy Trinity... not a very good shot, but there they are:
Ghost_862
My photos:

Ghost_862

melzilla
WOW.. sound like a great (if slightly soggy) night for all you guys that went...i am officially jealous and would love to have been there but i live so far away and assumed it would be that busy it wouldnt be worth the trip. Anyway, glad to hear you (mostly) had a good time and that Edgar, Simon, Nick, etc seemed to be enjoying it too....they deserve it!......i'm off to enjoy the film myself this very evening....... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
CazBag
Fantastic pics guys, thanks for sharing them with us!
Jessopjessopjessop
Wow, Ghost, you really got up in their grill!
brown_nose39
Hey! have pictures to share but don't know how to upload them! can anyone help?!
CazBag
QUOTE (brown_nose39 @ Feb 14 2007, 04:02 PM)
Hey! have pictures to share but don't know how to upload them! can anyone help?!

Welcome to the board!

If you go to http://imageshack.us/ it gives you link options for forum boards when you have uploaded your pics.
Ade
Nice pics people. Nice to hear you all had a great, soggy time.
widowspider
Lovely pics, all! There are some great ones on the Empire site that Caz linked, including a lovely one of Simon and Maureen - she looks really pretty. Jess looked stunning, too.
thirtyhelens
Jess wins best dressed, hands down. Green sparklies will get you far. laugh.gif Thanks for sharing, kiddles.
brown_nose39
Cheers Caz! Sorry I don't have any others. Was busy trying to get my soggy dvd covers signed! enjoy!

thirtyhelens
There's one hell of a caption in this one, but I haven't hit on it yet:

melzilla
laugh.gif ^ great pic!

i just checked out the empire online pics...jess looked absolutely beautiful... and definitely not frumpy and stupid! biggrin.gif
Maka
some fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing
if the hot fuzz crew wanna have a premiere up north, give me a shout, id convince my managers to sort it :lol:

nah.. seriously though.

what a night it looked, weatherwise, they stand in the rain to sign for fans and go into the cinema soggy rolleyes.gif

just seen the empireonline pics too, i didn't recognize Jessica Stevenson huh.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Many good photos here. So good, infact, that it would be embarrasing to show mine, seeing as they really are a crock of shit in comparison. sad.gif

QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 14 2007, 05:15 PM)
Jess looked stunning, too.
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 14 2007, 05:20 PM)
Jess wins best dressed, hands down.

She really was. And she was wearing the pointiest heels! She actually jogged in them too. In the rain! Jessica as the poise of an angel.

Wife Of Rolex
pegged
Was there for hours and got the following autos

Simon
Edgar
Rafe
PAddy
Jessica
Kenneth
Oliva Colman - .... PC Doris Thatcher
David Bradley (so sweet and so happy to sign)
JULIA DEAKIN - This made my evening

Plus someone next to me said to jess, i like what your wearing esp your shoes and she said

"thanks i got them from a second hand shop"

and i shouted

"ARE THEY PATRICK COX'S?"

she laughed and said HAHAH MAYBE

Brill evening
widowspider
Hahah, nice quoting pegged! Sounds like you did very well in the signing stakes, well done! smile.gif
melzilla
laugh.gif nice one pegged!
and its way cooler that she got them in a second hand shop than from Patrick Cox!
pegged
i'm just happy i got Marsha's auto.
feckless_dykey_prostitute
Great pics guys! Sounds like a great time was had. Jessica really did look stunning, I love her dress.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.