Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz : Heads Up
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2
edgar wright
A special ICA preview on Feb 10 of HOT FUZZ with Q&A...

http://www.ica.org.uk/?lid=12939

Also there will be lots of fun films in the HOT FUZZTIVAL; a season of inspirational cop and action films for your viewing pleasure. Get down there and check 'em out. I will be too.

Full programme to be announced soon.

Edgar
Downsy
Sweet!

Will they be showing the Cannon and Ball cop film Boys in Blue ?

Please say they will.

biggrin.gif
edgar wright
There's no way we can compete with Thomas Cannon and Robert Ball.
Heff
Lucky sods. As soon as the programme is announced, I'm going straight down to the video shop to organise my own Melbourne Hot Fuzztival Video Night (ladies bring a plate). Will Smith and Martin Lawrence will be my consolation prizes (and what prizes) for living in the wrong country at the wrong time.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Downsy @ Jan 7 2007, 02:58 PM)
Will they be showing the Cannon and Ball cop film Boys in Blue ?

Wouldn't let it liiiieee...
mcraigclark
The Point Break angle has me intrigued.
widowspider
QUOTE (edgar wright @ Jan 7 2007, 10:48 PM)
A special ICA preview on Feb 10 of HOT FUZZ with Q&A...

http://www.ica.org.uk/?lid=12939

Also there will be lots of fun films in the HOT FUZZTIVAL; a season of inspirational cop and action films for your viewing pleasure. Get down there and check 'em out. I will be too.

Full programme to be announced soon.

Edgar

Oh, Edgar. How we love you. Now only if I hadn't moved to the USA.

Anything exciting going to happen in New York? I'll organise it for you! smile.gif

As ever, thank you for always taking care of your fans Eball. It is appreciated.
frostitute
I saw him lurking before but thought it as a joke... lol.

Cool, though.
mousespider
Wow. Edgar Wright posted on the same forum as me. I've had a very tiny brush with greatness.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Jan 7 2007, 03:57 PM)
The Point Break angle has me intrigued.

Me, too. As long as it has absolutely nothing to do with Lori Petty, then I LOVE it. wink.gif
Wife Of Rolex
Bugger, can't book online but I might just be able to pop down to the box office itself and buy a ticket there. Hope they don't sell out before I get a chance.

QUOTE (mousespider @ Jan 8 2007, 03:39 AM)
Wow. Edgar Wright posted on the same forum as me.  I've had a very tiny brush with greatness.

He's my friend on MySpace. happy.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Llama
I'll be sad if I don't get tickets for this, Lucy and I are in need of another good Fuzz based trip.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Heff @ Jan 8 2007, 10:27 AM)
Lucky sods. As soon as the programme is announced, I'm going straight down to the video shop to organise my own Melbourne Hot Fuzztival Video Night (ladies bring a plate). Will Smith and Martin Lawrence will be my consolation prizes (and what prizes) for living in the wrong country at the wrong time.

Hey, Heff. Welcome. smile.gif Yes, it sucks being in the wrong hemisphere for all the Hot Fuzz excitement. But, I've certainly been doing my part in spreading all the Spaced/SOTD/Hot Fuzz goodness I can in our neck of the woods. happy.gif
If you're organising a Melb Hot Fuzztival night, I may be interested in being there. I won't be bringing a plate, though. rolleyes.gif

Ooohh! Was that really Edgar on this forum?? I noticed him lurking the other day, but thought it was someone faking it. huh.gif

If it really is Edgar.... G'day from an Aussie fan-geek chick! *waves* cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
curtinparloe
*sigh* more London-based shenanigans.

At this rate I'll have to move. To New York laugh.gif
theevilresident101
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jan 8 2007, 07:01 PM)
Hey, Heff. Welcome.  smile.gif  Yes, it sucks being in the wrong hemisphere for all the Hot Fuzz excitement. But, I've certainly been doing my part in spreading all the Spaced/SOTD/Hot Fuzz goodness I can in our neck of the woods.  happy.gif
If you're organising a Melb Hot Fuzztival night, I may be interested in being there. I won't be bringing a plate, though.  rolleyes.gif

Indeed it does. Hmm...how's about a Perth Hot Fuzztival?

mellow.gif

Not gonna happen.
---
And now the main question here is..."Is it Edgar?" huh.gif
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jan 8 2007, 11:01 AM)
Was that really Edgar on this forum?? I noticed him lurking the other day, but thought it was someone faking it.  huh.gif

QUOTE (theevilresident101 @ Jan 8 2007, 01:03 PM)
And now the main question here is..."Is it Edgar?"  huh.gif

I can confirm that is indeed. Welcome to the forums, Mr W!
sleeping_pirate
QUOTE (theevilresident101 @ Jan 8 2007, 01:03 PM)
Indeed it does. Hmm...how's about a Perth Hot Fuzztival?

mellow.gif

Not gonna happen.

Brisbane Hot Fuzztival?

Actually, I should still be in the UK when the film is released. Not that I can travel to London for any exciting Fuzztivals though...
Jubei
Ooh, ooh ooh, I'm going to be in London on the 10th for a 30th brithday bash. Could I maybe go there first? Will have to check times very carefully. Too excited now.
Sostie
QUOTE (edgar wright @ Jan 7 2007, 10:48 PM)
Also there will be lots of fun films in the HOT FUZZTIVAL; a season of inspirational cop and action films for your viewing pleasure.

If none of the films chosen feature Al Leong being killed in some way I will be mightily surprised...it's the benchmark for all great action films.
Imlovinit
Hi Edgar! smile.gif
curtinparloe
Hi Edgar, I'm glad you popped by, as I have some questions I'd like to ask you about my Dissertation on British Action films (or the lack thereof)...

(I wonder if he'll read this, or whether the expected influx of unsolicited PMs to his inbox will put him off...)
Crutch
Hello Edgar, why don't you introduce yourself?

I always wanted to do that. laugh.gif

On another note. Darn, I'm not in the UK. Is there a release-date for Germany?
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 8 2007, 06:16 AM)
If none of the films chosen feature Al Leong being killed in some way I will be mightily surprised...it's the benchmark for all great action films.

laugh.gif Seconded.
widowspider
QUOTE (Crutch @ Jan 8 2007, 05:01 PM)

I always wanted to do that.  laugh.gif

On another note. Darn, I'm not in the UK. Is there a release-date for Germany?

Bwahahahahaha!
Crutch made a funny.

Hey Edgar - if you're doing stuff in New York, make it the last weekend in April so that everyone coming to the Spaced-Out New York trip can be there! wink.gif

How cool. Would that be.
Heff
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jan 8 2007, 09:01 PM)
Hey, Heff. Welcome.  smile.gif  Yes, it sucks being in the wrong hemisphere for all the Hot Fuzz excitement. But, I've certainly been doing my part in spreading all the Spaced/SOTD/Hot Fuzz goodness I can in our neck of the woods.  happy.gif
If you're organising a Melb Hot Fuzztival night, I may be interested in being there. I won't be bringing a plate, though.  rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I've told all my mates about Hot Fuzz, and they look blankly at me until I say 'Same director/writers/stars as Shaun of the Dead'. I even made our trivia team name 'Hot Fuzz' one week before xmas. Innuendo ensued.

Any interest in the video night is welcome (as is a catchy name), but it's no guarantee that I'll get off my arse and organise it. After all, there's important work to be done! (like buying cheap speed of two Scottish guys in the pub and playing resident evil 2 all night)
theevilresident101
QUOTE (Crutch @ Jan 9 2007, 01:01 AM)

I always wanted to do that.  laugh.gif

What to Edgar or generally anyone? Hehe.

Welcome to the boards then Mr. Wright. Now everyone is going to PM you lots of questions no doubt! laugh.gif
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 8 2007, 11:16 PM)

Too right - to be honest, he doesn't need to killed, but as long as he gets to shoot something or swing around some swords (or a baseball bat if it's Bill and Ted), I'd be happy.
CazBag
Looks like the ticket booking opens tomorrow at 12 noon.
Wife Of Rolex
Well that's handy, I'm going out tomorrow. I should be able to pop down and get a couple of tickets no problem.

Wife Of Rolex
m0r1arty
I saw you sign up and thought - nah! No Chance!

Welcome to the boards, your only 8 years too late!

biggrin.gif

-m0r
thirtyhelens
More from the ICA website:

Preview followed by Q&A with director Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost

Edgar Wright will DJ in the bar between films.

followed at 11.30pm by
The Super Cops

A vivid, little-seen New York cop thriller from the ‘70s with a plot that’s a direct influence on Hot Fuzz. Based on the true story of police partners whose maverick style was so effective that it earned them the nicknames Batman & Robin, as well as landing them in trouble by showing up their corrupt colleagues. Screening as part of the Hot Fuzz Preview double-bill.

Dir Gordon Parks,USA 1974, 90 mins

Edgar Writes on The Super Cops: "Move over Joel Schumacher, these are the real adventures of 'Batman & Robin'. Little seen and hugely underrated, this serio-comic crime caper was Gordon Parks' follow up his two hugely successful Shaft films.

Based on the true life exploits of NYPD officers David Greenberg and Robert Hantz, dubbed 'Batman and Robin' by New York reporters, the film falls somewhere between the corruption scandal of Serpico and the absurdist humour of Catch 22.

The great screenplay is scripted by none other than Lorenzo Semple Jnr who is also responsible ironically for the 1966 Batman TV Series and the 1980 version of Flash Gordon. It also features a hilarious performance by Ron Leibman; a fantastic actor who something of a minor cult icon thanks to parts in this, The Hot Rock, Slaughterhouse Five and more recently Garden State. He was also reportedly the fiery inspiration for Michael Dorsey in Tootsie. If you've only seen Leibman as Rachel's Dad in Friends, then catch him cleaning up Manhattan and kicking a whole lot of ass. The cult of Ron Leibman starts here!"

For shame, DJ Eball. You forgot to mention Liebman's seminal work in Rhinestone and Zorro: The Gay Blade. wink.gif
Sostie
More from the ICA website

I do believe I am still the reigning ICA Film Trivia Quiz Champion. Do I get free tickets? biggrin.gif

It was acouple of years ago, but I don't think they have had one since.
thirtyhelens
It would only be right.
Llama
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 9 2007, 07:36 PM)
More from the ICA website:

Damn, beat me to it!

Now I really, really want tickets.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 9 2007, 11:34 AM)
Damn, beat me to it!

Don't blame me, blame Rachel (t'other one.) wink.gif Not Widdy.
Llama
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Jan 9 2007, 08:36 PM)
Don't blame me, blame Rachel (t'other one.)  wink.gif

Damn you, Rachel!

I love you really.
sarkybarker
That's it! Cancel everything - Londinium here i come! biggrin.gif
zeden
Fate has conspired against me so I'm moving house when all this malarkey is happening. Poo.
Allo Edgar, if you happen to glimpse upon this. wink.gif
theevilresident101
QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Jan 10 2007, 12:21 AM)
Welcome to the boards, your only 8 years too late!

Point. laugh.gif

Yeah Edgar...where have you been?
CazBag
DAMN IT!!! Sold out in 10 minutes and couldn't get a ticket. Been trying since they went on sale!!! Gutted!!! sad.gif
Llama
Same here sad.gif

EDIT: Did anyone from here manage to get some? Spaced-Out needs representing!
CazBag
A few Peggsters got some. Would be interesting to see if anyone here got some too?
Llama
That's good to hear.

I still can't believe how quickly they sold out - Lucy and I phoned them up a few days ago (not realising the ticket line wasn't open until today) and were informed there were loads of tickets. She hugged me when we found out they'd all gone, bless 'er.
thirtyhelens
Awww - fucksticks, you guys. sad.gif That's bupkiss.
sarkybarker
Shucks. sad.gif Couldn't even phone til after 5 when work was finished and phoned knowing i had no chance - but ten minutes?!

Hope some of you got some (begrudging but sincere happy.gif )
Wife Of Rolex
Shit it. Shitting shit it.

I left early, did a feckin' 2 and half hour bus journey, walked all the way from Oxford Street to the ICA and they were sold out before I could get there. TEN BLOODY MINUTES!!! sad.gif

Seriously, those who did get tickets had better be proper hardcore fans because if I hear the room was full of wankers I'll be thoroughly pissed off.

Wife Of Rolex
pegged
went on line at 12 and got tix then they sold out.
frostitute
Ouch, sucks to hear for most of yous.
pegged
did you get tix? i am so relieved. i panicked.
thirtyhelens
More on the additional programmes in the fest, from Empire:

The undoubted highlight of the mini-festival, programmed entirely by Wright, is the double bill of Hot Fuzz – the movie’s first paid UK screening – and Gordon Parks’ little-known minor classic, The Super Cops, on February 10, but the line-up is an Aladdin’s Cave of treasured cop movies, including Robert Blake in Electra Glide In Blue, John Woo’s Hard Boiled, Sudden Impact – the fourth in the Dirty Harry series and the only one to feature a farting dog – and John Wayne’s Brannigan, the movie he made to soothe his soul after turning down the role of Dirty Harry.

(Ed. - Bit spoiler-ish:) Then there’s the overt influences on Hot Fuzz, including a Danny Butterman double bill of Point Break and Bad Boys II – the movies directly referenced in Hot Fuzz, when Nick Frost’s character shows both movies to Simon Pegg’s Nicholas Angel – on February 9, while Tony Scott, one of Wright’s favourite action directors, is given his due with Man On Fire (although it’s, strictly speaking, not a cop movie) and True Romance (again, erm, not a cop movie) both running during the Fuzztival.

In fact, Tony Scott will be present at a Q&A moderated by Edgar Wright on Sunday February 4, while Wright will introduce many of the Fuzztival’s screenings in person (although, with most movies showing at least three times, he can’t be at every single one, for obvious reasons). It promises to be a cracking event with some buried gems, some bona fide classics and a smattering of guilty pleasures for you all to catch up on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.