Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zombie, Action... where to from here?
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Heff
Hot Fuzz hasn't even been released yet, but I'm sure they've got some ideas about what their next collaboration will be. What about 'Full Metal Knackered', an army spoof? Or perhaps 'I know what you did last (get off me you) bummer', where Pegg is a homophobic maniac with a knife? Perhaps not.
curtinparloe
I reckon it'll be SciFi. It's the one genre they constantly reference throughout Spaced which they haven't touched on cinematically.

And I want to be in it. Or edit it. Or something.
Raven
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 11 2007, 01:02 PM)
I reckon it'll be SciFi. It's the one genre they constantly reference throughout Spaced which they haven't touched on cinematically.

And I want to be in it. Or edit it. Or something.

Hasn't someone already said they are looking at doing a sci-fi film next?
Llama
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 11 2007, 02:14 PM)
Hasn't someone already said they are looking at doing a sci-fi film next?

Aye, Simon and Nick mentioned they were working on one, if I remember correctly.
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 11 2007, 05:26 AM)
Aye, Simon and Nick mentioned they were working on one, if I remember correctly.

*nod* Nick first mentioned it at ComicCon but Simon's also mentioned it since. It's early days yet though so whether Edgar (who has, at last count, 78 films on his plate wink.gif ) will be involved.
mousespider
I'm interested to see how they would make it original because there are so many other British sci-fi comedies out there.
Kick in the Head
I can't say I'm filled with much enthusiasm for a take on sci-fi, for much the same reasons as mousespider suggests - it's been done, while what made Shaun of the Dead and from the looks of things Hot Fuzz interesting was the British-comedy slant that hadn't been done before.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (mousespider @ Jan 13 2007, 01:50 AM)
I'm interested to see how they would make it original because there are so many other British sci-fi comedies out there.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single British sci-fi comedy film (except HHGG, but that's more of an american version of a british radio show).
Kick in the Head
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 13 2007, 09:48 PM)
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single British sci-fi comedy film (except HHGG, but that's more of an american version of a british radio show).

Not so much film, but TV shows really, both British and American. And future-set comedies in general feel like quite a tired, well-trodden concept. If it was sci-fi but not set in space or distant future, I'd be interested, but that limits the concept somewhat. However, a great idea would be to make a comedy set in an already existing sci-fi universe, like a side-story or something. Maybe Hot Fuzz meets Blade Runner?
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jan 13 2007, 01:42 PM)
Not so much film, but TV shows really, both British and American. And future-set comedies in general feel like quite a tired, well-trodden concept. If it was sci-fi but not set in space or distant future, I'd be interested, but that limits the concept somewhat. However, a great idea would be to make a comedy set in an already existing sci-fi universe, like a side-story or something. Maybe Hot Fuzz meets Blade Runner?

I reckon it should be a comedy version of Day of the Triffids.
disconap
I would be equally excited to see Sci-Fi, a period piece, or a spy movie.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (disconap @ Jan 16 2007, 11:19 AM)
I would be equally excited to see Sci-Fi, a period piece, or a spy movie.

Or all three in one movie.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 16 2007, 10:22 AM)

A Century Rain adaptation, then?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Chapman Baxter @ Jan 16 2007, 11:38 AM)
A Century Rain adaptation, then?

Ha, interesting. War Babies as comic relief.
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 16 2007, 10:22 AM)

Ooo that is very kind of HG Wells-meets-MarkGatiss. Me likey.

Sefi x
enemysprout
Is Edgar still connected to Ant-Man?
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Jan 16 2007, 02:51 AM)
Ooo that is very kind of HG Wells-meets-MarkGatiss. 

I vote for steampunk as well.

Is Edgar still connected to Ant-Man?

Yup.
Brendon Connelly
I've heard they were thinking of doing a time-travel film...

But Ant Man and Scott Pilgrim first for Edgar, I believe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.