Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Australian release of 'Fuzz
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
dolfyn
How's this for a massively spoilery trailer? Stupid American movie-trailer-makers! mad.gif They give away too many surprises from the movie. rolleyes.gif

**WARNING: If you haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet, don't watch this trailer!**

http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?Mov...23-ed3c461f31df

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif
Anni
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Apr 4 2007, 12:39 PM)
How's this for a massively spoilery trailer? Stupid American movie-trailer-makers!  mad.gif  They give away too many surprises from the movie.  rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif

WTF! They should NOT show all of that. mad.gif mad.gif I am really angry about that.
Can't they just use the same trailers as everyone else? rolleyes.gif
Rebus
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 2 2007, 08:38 PM)
In reply to the Garth Marengi thing.

Yeah it was shown on SBS at 9 a little while ago, I never got into it myself.

Yeah I watched it when I lived in Britain and then again when it was shown on SBS here, and I always found it funny. To me it always seemed like a cross between Acorn Antiques and Kingdom Hospital. Pity that recently there has been very little to speak of. The IT crowd was worse than donkey bollocks and Man to Man Dean Learner wasn't much to shout about either.

But anyway, this is an Australian thread, must keep it Australian....must keep it Australian ....must keep it Australian ....oh yeah...

A new report ranks Australia at the bottom of a league table of wealthy nations working to improve the health of their indigenous peoples.

Champioooons! Champioooooooons!
AusChick
^ Thankyou very much Mr Howard.

You fuck!

Anyway - that trailer is fucking ridiculous. Like, don't even bother seeing the movie if you saw that.
I wonder if that's the one S & E were fighting about. It's just stupid.

My advice to Americans is to walk around with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears from now on until you see the film!!!
Heff
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 4 2007, 04:10 PM)
^ Thankyou very much Mr Howard.
You fuck!
Anyway - that trailer is fucking ridiculous.  Like, don't even bother seeing the movie if you saw that.
I wonder if that's the one S & E were fighting about.  It's just stupid.
My advice to Americans is to walk around with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears from now on until you see the film!!!
My advise to everyone is walk around with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears until the second coming of Jesus. Your mate and mine, JC would know what to do. He'd smite John Howard right between the eyebrows, make no mistake. And the doofus who made that trailer. Just imagine him wearing Nicholarse Angel's bulletproof vest, and going postal about the place with a shotgun or something.
"Hallowed be thy name? How about hollow be my points! Ah ha ha ha ha!"
AusChick
You've gone mad today haven't you?

It's a good thing.
Heff
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 4 2007, 04:38 PM)
You've gone mad today haven't you?
It's a good thing.

Today? But yeah, I think I'm still hungover from trivia last night.
He he, sounds a bit like Big Train - "You've gone on fire"
AusChick
Hehehehe

At the Knox cinemas they have a HHHUUUUUUUGGGEEEEE Hot Fuzz poster. I think it's on canvas or something. I wonder what they do with it after. If only I had room in my house....

The also had a bit cardboard stand-up thingy advertising Grindhouse.
Yay!
loscha
Couldn't wait for Fuzz to come out on DVD, so, I had to appease the eBay gods by purchasing a UK copy of Shaun. Should arrive end of next week (we have the annual commemorative slaying of Jesus holding things up for a few days). Easter is gonna be a large one with my family -- I'm going to make all under 30 sit through Spaced throughout the weekend. It'll be bliss!
AusChick
I think I'm all put off on trying to convert my family after today's effort.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I kept my eyes open the whole time again. Didn't even need to sit on my hands this time.

I still haven't managed to find Edgar yet - and wasn't thiking quick enough to know if the shot Gen thought he was in was actually him or not.

Oh and I checked in the credits for the actor who plays the Heston Services attendant.
His name is Colin Michael Carmichael. He doesn't seem to have been in anything else I've seen
Rebus
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 4 2007, 07:19 PM)
Oh and I checked in the credits for the actor who plays the Heston Services attendant.
His name is Colin Michael Carmichael.  He doesn't seem to have been in anything else I've seen

Oooh, ta for checking. I actually think I remember him from that episode of Coupling he was in, or maybe I'm just talking out my arse.
AusChick
I don't think I saw him in that - he's definately familiar for some reason though.

Oh - and fellow Aussies - you know how I kept complaining that I've forgotten half the stuff that happened on the Melbourne Q & A night?

Well - I remembered something! As I was driving down to see HF today I heard "Don't you want me" by the Human League (Loscha's faves) on the radio.
And I suddenly remembered that when someone asked Simon about how he and Nick meet he looked at Nick and said "You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met you"
And Nick said "You know how that song ends....."

Fried Gold! biggrin.gif
Anni
Hahaha AC, it's cool how you're getting your memories back of that night.

When I went to the signing, I totally don't remember if I said a thing to Edgar or not, and I blanked out half of what Simon said to me wacko.gif I feel really bad about that... I wish I'd said more. I didn't even say I loved the movie! mad.gif
I don't know if any of you on here have read my LJ entry of those couple of days, but here it is anyway:
http://karmapolicing.livejournal.com/1232.html
Looking at the pictures, you can so tell how short I am. I was practically at the same eyeline as them sitting down!

Although yesterday I remembered when my friend asked for a photo of Simon he said something like "This is like school photos!" and I laughed really lamely. rolleyes.gif It wasn't even funny laugh.gif

Sorry, just gone on a really long slightly off-topic ramble...
AusChick
Nah it was a brilliant ramble Anni!
Love your blog and piccies too.
Hot damn those boys are attractive!

It's funny how hard it is to say anything sensible in those moments isn't it?
Nervous excitement is not a helpful aid to being cool and intelligent!
Anni
QUOTE (AusChick @ Apr 4 2007, 10:30 PM)
Nah it was a brilliant ramble Anni!
Love your blog and piccies too.
Hot damn those boys are attractive!

It's funny how hard it is to say anything sensible in those moments isn't it?
Nervous excitement is not a helpful aid to being cool and intelligent!

Very cute, yes. laugh.gif

What made it worse, that no one else around seemed to be as excited/nervous as I was. (although I may have been to distracted to notice) I kept reminding myself they're normal people... but that doesn't exactly help when you're such a big fangirl. laugh.gif
I bet you lot dealt with it much better than I did, anyway.
I wish I was in a big fan-group to go see them. sad.gif I'd feel more comfortable. It would be so cool to go to Melbourne for their next .. thing they do.
AusChick
Yeah you should totally come to Melbourne next time they come out!
It was cool being in a group. It didn't make me less nervous even slightly though I'm afraid.

Hey any Aussies watch Spicks & Specks tonight? Allan Brough has been raiding Simon, Nick and Edgar's cowboy wardrobes!!!
dolfyn
QUOTE (Anni @ Apr 4 2007, 07:43 PM)
Hahaha AC, it's cool how you're getting your memories back of that night.
When I went to the signing, I totally don't remember if I said a thing to Edgar or not, and I blanked out half of what Simon said to me  wacko.gif I feel really bad about that... I wish I'd said more. I didn't even say I loved the movie!  mad.gif 
I don't know if any of you on here have read my LJ entry of those couple of days, but here it is anyway:
Looking at the pictures, you can so tell how short I am. I was practically at the same eyeline as them sitting down!
Although yesterday I remembered when my friend asked for a photo of Simon he said something like "This is like school photos!" and I laughed really lamely.  rolleyes.gif It wasn't even funny  laugh.gif
Sorry, just gone on a really long slightly off-topic ramble...

Aw, yay, Anni!! biggrin.gif Thanx for sharing all that. smile.gif And don't worry, we all feel a bit dorky after meeting the guys, because we're such big fans that it's an overwhelming experience for us. wacko.gif The best part is, I'm pretty sure that the guys understand that, so they don't think we're idiots. happy.gif At least, I hope that's the case!! huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Azwald
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Apr 4 2007, 10:59 PM)
Aw, yay, Anni!!  biggrin.gif  Thanx for sharing all that.  smile.gif  And don't worry, we all feel a bit dorky after meeting the guys, because we're such big fans that it's an overwhelming experience for us.  wacko.gif  The best part is, I'm pretty sure that the guys understand that, so they don't think we're idiots.  happy.gif  At least, I hope that's the case!!  huh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

Yeah, if they think we are all nut cases (which, if my actions are anything to go by, is highly likely) i might have to tone it down next time, I was a little bit over excited and loud. But I did win a T-short so it was worth it.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 4 2007, 11:09 PM)
Yeah, if they think we are all nut cases (which, if my actions are anything to go by, is highly likely) i might have to tone it down next time, I was a little bit over excited and loud. But I did win a T-short so it was worth it.

hehehee! laugh.gif I'm sure they've seen all that sort of thing before. wink.gif And it's cool that you won a t-shirt. cool.gif On ya!

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif
Azwald
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Apr 4 2007, 11:26 PM)
hehehee!  laugh.gif  I'm sure they've seen all that sort of thing before.  wink.gif  And it's cool that you won a t-shirt.  cool.gif  On ya!

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

Yeah it has a big shot of Nick Frost's mug on the back. Brilliant. Midnight I have school tomorrow, better shuffle off.

Oh and dolf, if you want to see those photos of my friend and I as Spaced characters, you have to give the word.
loscha
QUOTE (Anni @ Apr 4 2007, 07:43 PM)

I'm on LJ, I've added you, if that's OK.
AusChick
Hey Losch - you're turning into an add-a-holic! hahahahaahha laugh.gif

Azwald I want to see the photos!!!
I know I can speak on behalf of Dolfyn too because we are honourary sisters biggrin.gif

And yeah I'm sure the guys are used to people getting a bit giggly and silly around them by now. I would imagine that they are mostly flattered happy.gif
Anni
QUOTE (loscha @ Apr 5 2007, 10:00 AM)
I'm on LJ, I've added you, if that's OK.

Yeah that's great- I don't have any friends right now, so you're the first. happy.gif

And yeah I'm sure the guys are used to people getting a bit giggly and silly around them by now. I would imagine that they are mostly flattered

I hope so... ! And yeah, Azwald- Pics please. biggrin.gif

I really wanted one of those Hot Fuzz tshirts. sad.gif hopefully one will turn up on trademe or something
Azwald
Right, apparently "dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed" So I dunno. you can all just go to my photobucket place and laugh. Probably maniacally. By the way I'm supposed to be Mike and my friend is supposed to be Brian.

Amusingly embarrassing
AusChick
Hehehehee Brilliant photos Azwald!!!
For some reason you both remind me of Rik from the Young Ones.
Anni
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 5 2007, 07:57 PM)
Right, apparently "dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed" So I dunno. you can all just go to my photobucket place and laugh. Probably maniacally. By the way I'm supposed to be Mike and my friend is supposed to be Brian.

Amusingly embarrassing

Those are awesome! Not embarassing at all! I really want to dress up as Mike or Brian, but MAN that would look weird!
laugh.gif So, did you talk to them at all?
Azwald
QUOTE (Anni @ Apr 5 2007, 06:17 PM)
Those are awesome! Not embarassing at all! I really want to dress up as Mike or Brian, but MAN that would look weird!

Well, not technically. Jim and I had to go in early because we got free tickets, we actually just expected to sit at the side and get some autographs as they went by. But we went in and sat around for a while, then I danced with some SPice Girl imposters and won a T-Shirt. Then as Edgar came in I shook his hand as he went by maybe he noticed because I yelled out 'EDGAR'. After that, as Nick and Simon came in we stood up and said "Oh mummy, oh daddy, let's go play kabaddi' and we got saluted by Simon.

But afterwards we met Ross Noble and Gina Yashere (Keisha from Bromwell High) so there was some compensation. We got train tickets signed.

Hmmm, it sounded more exciting in my head.
Anni
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 5 2007, 08:25 PM)
Well, not technically. Jim and I had to go in early because we got free tickets, we actually just expected to sit at the side and get some autographs as they went by. But we went in and sat around for a while, then I danced with some SPice Girl imposters and won a T-Shirt. Then as Edgar came in I shook his hand as he went by maybe he noticed because I yelled out 'EDGAR'. After that, as Nick and Simon came in we stood up and said "Oh mummy, oh daddy, let's go play kabaddi' and we got saluted by Simon.

But afterwards we met Ross Noble and Gina Yashere (Keisha from Bromwell High) so there was some compensation. We got train tickets signed.

Hmmm, it sounded more exciting in my head.

Nah that sounds pretty cool tongue.gif AND it really sounds like you had a lot of fun laugh.gif I am so jealous you got a t-shirt too.
I don't know who Gina is but it's pretty awesome you met Ross Noble. happy.gif
AusChick
You shook Edgar's hand?
*jealous*

Sounds like you had a blast!
I love that Simon saluted you too
Azwald
It was pretty brilliant, although catching the train home was a tinsy bit awkward, in my dodgy army attire.

And Anni, Gina Yashere is from Bromwell High, a very funny animation, check it out.
dolfyn
hehehee! laugh.gif Sounds like a good time, Az. biggrin.gif I like the pics too, thanx for sharing. cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif
Anni
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 5 2007, 08:36 PM)
It was pretty brilliant, although catching the train home was a tinsy bit awkward, in my dodgy army attire.

And Anni, Gina Yashere is from Bromwell High, a very funny animation, check it out.

laugh.gif I wouldn't like to be seen by anyone I know in an outfit like Mike's, personally. blink.gif

I looked Bromwell High up on wiki, and it does look quite funny. I will look into it. happy.gif
Azwald
Now you must admit I am a ravishingly handsome teenager (narcissistic, much?) And do be aware that my self-esteem depnds entirely on your reply (it doesn't really).
Anni
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 5 2007, 09:02 PM)
Now you must admit I am a ravishingly handsome teenager (narcissistic, much?) And do be aware that my self-esteem depnds entirely on your reply (it doesn't really).

Well I'll say you make a very dishy Mike, anyway! wink.gif
Azwald
QUOTE (Anni @ Apr 5 2007, 07:15 PM)
Well I'll say you make a very dishy Mike, anyway!  wink.gif

ooo saucy. Thankee kindly.

QUOTE (Anni @ Apr 5 2007, 06:17 PM)

Though I am sure you'd make a very interesting mike yourelf
Anni
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 5 2007, 09:19 PM)
ooo saucy. Thankee kindly.
Though I am sure you'd make a very interesting mike yourelf

Hahaha very kind of you.

'Interesting' is nice code for 'rubbish' laugh.gif

I could easily pass off as Daisy though, but there wouldn't really be much of a wardrobe change for that. tongue.gif

I want Brian's clothes.
They're awesome.
Especially that little jacket that Tim told him to burn.
Soooo vintage~! cool.gif
Azwald
QUOTE (Anni @ Apr 5 2007, 07:40 PM)
Hahaha very kind of you.

'Interesting' is nice code for 'rubbish'  laugh.gif

I could easily pass off as Daisy though, but there wouldn't really be much of a wardrobe change for that.  tongue.gif

I want Brian's clothes.
They're awesome.
Especially that little jacket that Tim told him to burn.
Soooo vintage~!  cool.gif

That's right kids. I think it's time for a quote

Brian: Do you think I should lose the waistcoat.
Tim: I think you should burn it. 'Cause, y'know, if you lose it, you might find it again.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 5 2007, 07:50 PM)
Tim: I think you should burn it. 'Cause, y'know, if you lose it, you might find it again.

Tee hee! One of my fave Spaced quotes. happy.gif I even have that one on my mobile phone. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif
Anni
QUOTE (Azwald @ Apr 5 2007, 09:50 PM)
That's right kids. I think it's time for a quote

Yes, one of my favourite quotes.

Although, I think my favourite one is the slightly underrated one, "Hehehehe... thrush"

I was absolutely hooked at that moment.

Edit: there's me going all off-topic again rolleyes.gif ...
CazBag
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Apr 4 2007, 12:39 AM)
How's this for a massively spoilery trailer? Stupid American movie-trailer-makers!  mad.gif  They give away too many surprises from the movie.  rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif

Practically all of those snippets are taken from the last half hour of the film! WHY?!

And that Heston services guy does look very familiar. He wasn't a zombie in SOTD was he?! wacko.gif
AusChick
If he is it's not mentioned in his IMDB entry
R3Dl2ULZ
Ross Noble is awesome. saw him at the Enmore. even more funny than Dylan Moran... who i also saw...at the Enmore.
i cant believe i didnt know about the premiere here in Syd. sad.gif . last time i neglect Spaced Out for so long. especially when i know a movie of their is coming out sad.gif.
being Townhall and all im glad you atleast won a tshirt and got saluted. takes some guts going to one of the busiest train stations in fancy dress on what most people would think of as a normal night.
Heff
Popcorn Taxi have finally podcasted* part of the Melbourne Q+A on their website. It's nothing new, just the story of how Simon and Nick met, but it's in MELBOURNE GODSDAMNIT! They've also teased us by suggesting the whole thing might be online soon (for a fee).

*podcast: using peas as fishing bait
loscha
QUOTE (Heff @ Jun 1 2007, 12:09 PM)
Popcorn Taxi have finally podcasted* part of the Melbourne Q+A on their website. It's nothing new, just the story of how Simon and Nick met, but it's in MELBOURNE GODSDAMNIT! They've also teased us by suggesting the whole thing might be online soon (for a fee).
*podcast: using peas as fishing bait

You snapped me to it. I was just about to post that.
I've been really busy, and hardly on the boards lately.
I got a full time job and stuff.
Looking forward to seeing Fuzz again, though in a few weeks at The Astor!
Anni
Hahahaha that was an awesome Q & A!! There are so many classic quotes in that clip laugh.gif

I especially love "He threw me roughly on the popadoms" & "Edgar's the filling in a man sandwich" laugh.gif
Heff
"He's the ham"
Anni
"...Next question" wink.gif
AusChick
Classic stuff!

Hey Loscha - so you are coming to the Astor?
See you there then!

*edit* Actually I beat you both to it because I had already posted it in the other thread!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.