Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this a homage to Shaun in Clerks 2?
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Shaun of the Dead
m0r1arty
I've not seen this anywhere here, and I thought since this has all things Pegg-related it might get an answer quicker.

In Clerks 2 there is a picture on a locker that looks a bit like Shaun, but not quite enough.

Supopsedly in an Evening with Kevin Smith 2 he says how much he liked SoTD, so what's the real deal.

Is that some sort of unpublished Shaun piccie, or something like Reanimator or something.

Answers on a postcard to this thread.

-m0r
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (m0r1arty @ Jan 25 2007, 12:37 PM)
looks a bit like Shaun, but not quite enough.

There's your answer.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 25 2007, 11:44 AM)
There's your answer.

so it it a tribute, or something completely unrelated?
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 25 2007, 03:03 PM)
so it it a tribute, or something completely unrelated?

I can't tell if you're being serious.

I don't understand what is Shaun-related at all. A white shirt and a tie? It isn't even a red tie. And it actually looks like a pilot's or military uniform. The pose is vaguely reminscent of the Evil Dead poster, but that is Spaced.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Jan 25 2007, 02:16 PM)
I can't tell if you're being serious.

I don't understand what is Shaun-related at all. A white shirt and a tie? It isn't even a red tie. And it actually looks like a pilot's or military uniform. The pose is vaguely reminscent of the Evil Dead poster, but that is Spaced.

I am being serious, having never seen Clerks 2, and only having seen Clerks 1 a few days ago. Thinking about it, I don't even care biggrin.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 25 2007, 03:20 PM)
Thinking about it, I don't even care biggrin.gif

That's the spirit!
Crutch
I care. What's written beneath it? What's the time code, the poster appears?
Maka
i reckon it could be a mini tribute. or maybe it was just made to look similar like in SOTD Landis (the shop) is so close to the real life Londis
GundamGuy_UK
Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there, but doesn't he have red on his shirt pocket?

If that's the case I'd say it is one.
Starscream`s Ghost
Hmmm. I see a little bit of confirmation bias going on here.
Ade
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Feb 12 2007, 08:24 AM)
Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there, but doesn't he have red on his shirt pocket?

If that's the case I'd say it is one.

One what? A shirt pocket?

wink.gif
Strait_Up
I highly doubt there is any connection to SOTD in that poster it a bit too random....
rebelstar
It looks like a poster from the same genre that SotD was paying homage to. If someone dressed as a policeman pops up in Grindhouse, I wouldn't automatically assume that Tarantino or Rodriguez are paying tribute to Hot Fuzz.
Strait_Up
QUOTE (rebelstar @ Feb 27 2007, 06:24 PM)
It looks like a poster from the same genre that SotD was paying homage to. If someone dressed as a policeman pops up in Grindhouse, I wouldn't automatically assume that Tarantino or Rodriguez are paying tribute to Hot Fuzz.

Why? Are they fans?
rebelstar
I believe they might be, yes.
Nomonis
I noticed this when I first saw Clerks 2, and it reminded of Sotd, but to be honest, it's too random and there's not enough relation between them for it to be a homage.
Geoi
Kevin is not that secretive about what he does. He puts everything out there plain as day, and if it is somewhat "secretive", you just gotta go to www.viewaskew.com and read his board... You can find out anything and everything you've ever wanted to know about his films there.

Because.... He actually goes to his site... Kevin Smith is GREATNESS!
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Geoi @ Apr 23 2007, 01:57 AM)
Kevin is not that secretive about what he does.

That's true. Since my last post I have now seen all his View Askiewniverse films, and I get the impression that if he wanted a reference, he'd have just used the actual poster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.