Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: if we can't have Spaced 3....
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced
canadave
....an ANIMATED Spaced 3???

biggrin.gif

I was just thinking about Spaced the other day, and thought to myself, "Wow, if some fan out there could put together a homemade animated clip of new Spaced, and made it *really good*, I would be impressed." Just as a fan tribute kind of thing. Any takers?
dolfyn
QUOTE (canadave @ Jan 27 2007, 05:27 PM)
....an ANIMATED Spaced 3???

biggrin.gif

I was just thinking about Spaced the other day, and thought to myself, "Wow, if some fan out there could put together a homemade animated clip of new Spaced, and made it *really good*, I would be impressed."  Just as a fan tribute kind of thing.  Any takers?

To paraphrase Shaun in SOTD... "Oh, leave it alone!" mad.gif

Unless the brilliant creators of Spaced decide to do something else in that universe, I believe it shouldn't be touched. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
widowspider
I don't know - I think an animated Spaced would be quite fun. You would need to get the original cast to do the voices, though. They'd probably enjoy seeing themselves in anime!
canadave
I think both the pro and con responses indicate that I didn't make myself totally clear (my fault). Let me try again smile.gif I was just thinking that as a *fan tribute* it would be kind of fun to see someone come up with some kind of homemade flash animation and home-written scripts. There are enough Spaced devotees on here who are quite creative, that I'm sure someone might be able to come up with something quite witty and fun.

Now, if suddenly Simon and Jess were to say, "We've decided that we want to do an animated Spaced 3," that'd be awesome too! smile.gif
Ade
QUOTE (widowspider @ Jan 27 2007, 01:57 PM)
I don't know - I think an animated Spaced would be quite fun. You would need to get the original cast to do the voices, though. They'd probably enjoy seeing themselves in anime!

I heartily agree. Cartoon Spaced would be fun, but it would only work with original cast doing the voicy bits.
sarkybarker
Agreed, it would only work if it could be done with the original voices and original artists who draw the stuff for the series..but then it wouldn't be a fan thing...so just ignore what i have to say. wacko.gif
R3Dl2ULZ
id rather a christmas special or something similar. just a one off to explore some of the What Ifs.

it would be good to see a fan made animation. but i do agree that it would need the voices of the original cast. unless it was some kind of animated spin off. that could work too.
AlexTheKidd
I think it'd be good for a third series or Xmas Special..........Too wrap it all up better than it was left at the end of series 2.

Animated one wouldn't be right. It screwed up CLERKS, which was really disappointing.
canadave
After reading all the replies again, it struck me how Spaced fans don't want any part of something that wouldn't be *as good* as Spaced was. For instance, there's the common feeling that if something else doesn't have the original voices cast, then what'd be the point, because it couldn't possibly be as good as the original.

I think these folks are aiming a little too high. For me, I've come to accept that nothing can ever be *as good* as Spaced, except perhaps more Spaced from the same cast. The better question to ask, in my mind, is what can be done that might still be fairly good.

I still think fan animation and voices, if done with due care and respect for the original, might be pretty fun to watch/listen to. When I get some spare time, I'd like to write my own Spaced episode in a "what if" screenplay. These are the types of things that I think could be enjoyable, as long as people don't come with the expectation of "if it's not as good as Spaced was, there's no point in watching or listening or reading."

Not trying to be combative here, just making observations smile.gif I can already hear someone going, "All right...." in Tim's accusatory "what's your problem" tone wink.gif
Dorf
QUOTE (canadave @ Feb 21 2007, 09:26 PM)
The better question to ask, in my mind, is what can be done that might still be fairly good.

That kind of thinking is what resulted in the modern day Simpsons. wink.gif
canadave
QUOTE (Dorf @ Feb 21 2007, 03:42 PM)
That kind of thinking is what resulted in the modern day Simpsons. wink.gif

Which is still, I would humbly submit, preferable to no Simpsons at all smile.gif
HoneyRyder
animated i don't think would work...but a comic book might.

i've got the comic of shaun of the dead..although the drawing is a little too ...well how do i put this..american (it makes simon look like captin america..with an even wider chin.) its fantasic..and gets me laughing to no end. so spaced would most likly work....plus you could in visual reff as well as verbel....making tim have claws like wolverine.

hey if anyone wants to do this for fun.gives us a bell and i'll help out with the project.
HoneyRyder
not been on here for a while..and thought i'd throw this up in the air..

spaced on stage..

west end version..could you imagine it....if the league can pull thearter off why not spaced!

i'd move to london to just be able to see it again and again...

sorry for the double post..couldn't find better place to stick this idea out there.
Calli_Ann
QUOTE (HoneyRyder @ May 11 2007, 12:27 PM)
not been on here for a while..and thought i'd throw this up in the air..

spaced on stage..

west end version..could you imagine it....if the league can pull thearter off why not spaced!

i'd move to london to just be able to see it again and again...

sorry for the double post..couldn't find better place to stick this idea out there.

That would definately be entertaining. I'd give anything to see something like Spaced on stage. hahahaha, Spaced: The Musical.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.