Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOT FUZZ GALA SCREENINGS
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
lewman_15
I got a leaflet through this morning with a rental dvd and it says:

Don't miss this unique opportunity to be the first in the UK to see the highly anticipated, HOT FUZZ!

The film opens at Vue on Feb 15th, so we are delighted to offer you the opportunity to see it first at our special preview gala screening at 8:30 pm Mon 5th February at participating Vue Cinemas.

Not only will you see the film before everyone else, you will also recieve Shaun of the Dead on DVD and a limited edition Hot Fuzz poster.

In addition, the gala preview screening includes a refreshing drink & popcorn for during the movie.

BOOK NOW! TICKETS £10 (£15 INNER LONDON) LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE!

this is an awesome chance at what i think is a very reasonable price, already got my ticket, I'll see some of you in Watford and will be sure to tell you how awesome the film is!

Lew
stinketta
Thank you very much for that info. happy.gif
lewman_15
i just re-read my post and realised maybe i should have put details about how you can book

www.myvue.com once you have chosen a cinema, click the drop-down menu of films and one of them will be 'Hot Fuzz Gala' the rest is self-explanitory

you can also book over the phone on 08712 240 240 - but i don't know the phone charges or the opening hours

when i booked my tickets online it was £1.20 booking fee for 2 tickets, whether it is £1.20 flat rate or 60p each I don't know

hope to see some of you there!

lew
widowspider
Thanks for the info Lew! Now, if only they were doing those in New York....smile.gif
Llama
Ta for that! Just got meself a couple! happy.gif
Stink_Palm
None of these things are going to happen anywhere near me, are they?

Sheffield is a big fucking city.
CazBag
Nothing good ever appears to happen in Oxford either. Despite the number of students there must be there.

Off to Reading I go ...
dolfyn
Hey, at least most of you are in the right country or hemisphere! rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
Llama
QUOTE (CazBag @ Jan 27 2007, 10:28 PM)
Off to Reading I go ...

Guess Lucy and I will see you there instead then (we can't make the Fuzztival) smile.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jan 28 2007, 01:21 AM)
Hey, at least most of you are in the right country or hemisphere!  rolleyes.gif

Yes, we mustn't grumble. It must be really frustrating for you guys half way around the globe!

QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 28 2007, 03:53 PM)
Guess Lucy and I will see you there instead then (we can't make the Fuzztival)  smile.gif

Shame you can't make the Fuzztival, but yeah, I'm sure I'll see you there. SO looking forward to seeing it (at last)!
Stink_Palm
I so want to go to the York screening, but I just can't find a way to get home. All the trains are just a little too early. sad.gif

It's times like this I wish I could drive.
black_dust
Just been get mine! Woo! biggrin.gif
Mrs Bisley
QUOTE (Stink_Palm @ Jan 27 2007, 04:19 PM)
None of these things are going to happen anywhere near me, are they?

Sheffield is a big fucking city.

QUOTE (Stink_Palm @ Feb 2 2007, 07:47 PM)
I so want to go to the York screening, but I just can't find a way to get home. All the trains are just a little too early.  sad.gif

It's times like this I wish I could drive.

I second that.
Jimmay
I found out about this through a facebook group. The Plymouth one had sold out so looks like I'm driving to Exeter tomorrow biggrin.gif Can't wait! I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. When I think back on the first time I read about the boy's new "Die Hard but British" film and now I'm going to see it.

Excitement City!
Jon 79
Is anyone here going to the Finchley Road screening tomorrow?
Total Vegas
I'm just back from the Croydon screening and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't stop smiling the whole way through. Top flight entertainment.
Spider Dijon
Too right, it was amazing! Whats more as if the goodie bag wasen't good enough, on the train home I opened the poster to have a look...and it's signed by Simon and Nick!
Jimmay
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Feb 6 2007, 01:14 AM)
Too right, it was amazing! Whats more as if the goodie bag wasen't good enough, on the train home I opened the poster to have a look...and it's signed by Simon and Nick!

HOLY SHIT! Mine is as well! Unbelievable! Thats made my night even more amazing. I'm the happiest guy alive I tell thee. Gonna go to sleep now and dream of Danny Butterman.
dolfyn
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Feb 6 2007, 11:14 AM)

Aaww! Lucky! rolleyes.gif I'm so far away from all the action here. sad.gif

*mutters* I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous.... wacko.gif

Feel the love (coz I still feel it, despite the envy!)
dolfyn.
blink.gif
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Feb 6 2007, 12:19 AM)
Aaww! Lucky!  rolleyes.gif  I'm so far away from all the action here.  sad.gif

*mutters* I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous....  wacko.gif

dolfyn.
blink.gif

Hey Dolfyn man, I'm sorry to hear that your so far from it all. Trust me, seeing the film even without the free stuff made my night, hopefully it will (what am I saying), Nay: it WILL make your night too! Fantastic film. Were it not for the fact that it'd be incredibly harsh on everyone that hasen't seen it (and that I'm no spoiler) I'd change my signature on the forums to a fantastic quote from the film.

Peace out Dolfyn,

Spider Dijon
Atara
I am gutted I did not know about this sooner, or if I did, I forgot. I could have went to Glasgow (if I dared risk my life) or Edinburgh!

I will have to wait till the 14th now, what better way to spend Valentines day that (probably) alone at the cinema.

I can't wait!
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Atara @ Feb 6 2007, 12:24 AM)
I am gutted I did not know about this sooner, or if I did, I forgot. I could have went to Glasgow (if I dared risk my life) or Edinburgh!

I will have to wait till the 14th now, what better way to spend Valentines day that (probably) alone at the cinema.

I can't wait!

Ah sad.gif you should have gone to Edinburgh! The Vue in the Omni Centre is by far the best in the Britain!
Atara
Yeah I know, but hey, I'll get to see it soon, that is good enough for me. At the moment I can at least enjoy he fact that every bus in town has a massive Hot Fuzz poster on it!
Spider Dijon
Actually, Atara: Where abouts in Fife are you from? My family comes from Kirkcaldy and I was up there for Christmas!...it didn't snow sad.gif lol
Atara
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Feb 6 2007, 12:28 AM)
Actually, Atara: Where abouts in Fife are you from? My family comes from Kirkcaldy and I was up there for Christmas!...it didn't snow  sad.gif  lol

I am from Glenrothes, about 15 minutes drive from kirkcaldy, I study there at Adam Smith college though.... fancy!

It won't snow till March
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Atara @ Feb 6 2007, 12:30 AM)
I am from Glenrothes, about 15 minutes drive from kirkcaldy, I study there at Adam Smith college though.... fancy!

It won't snow till March

lol, thats too cool! My grandad is always going on at me about Adam Smith everytime I come up...or when he comes down to London. Adam Smith: hero of Scotland...aparantly. Lol, anyway, enjoy the film (I know you will)!

Spider Dijon
Jimmay
I jammily (is that a word) heard about this through another discussion board although all the tickets in Plymouth had sold out. An hour drive to Exeter was well worth it though, even though it did get a bit hairy when I got completely lost.

I'm dying to stick some quotes in my signature but there's nothing worse than a spoiler.
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 6 2007, 12:33 AM)
I jammily (is that a word) heard about this through another discussion board although all the tickets in Plymouth had sold out. An hour drive to Exeter was well worth it though, even though it did get a bit hairy when I got completely lost.

I'm dying to stick some quotes in my signature but there's nothing worse than a spoiler.

Definately worth it! biggrin.gif
Well here's one of my favourite quotes that won't give anything away:
"Nobody round 'ere tells me nuffin'!"
Which is now the text message tone on my mobile biggrin.gif . lol, I'm so lame! (Or gay, as Chris Moyles would say)

I hope you enjoyed the film and the goodies as much as I did. Have a nice night!

Spider Dijon
Jimmay
I had a spot on night. Can't wait till its on general release so I can see it again. Goodies were the icing on the cake as well. I now need to find someone who hasn't seen Shaun of the Dead and donate the DVD to educate them in the ways of the Frost/Pegg/Wright.

I don't know about you but I was laughing my ass of from one particular point onwards, involving the farmer's mother. Genius stuff.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Feb 6 2007, 01:14 AM)

Bollocks. Just compared my poster to my friend's and they're not actually signed. Its a printed signature. Gutted.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 5 2007, 07:45 PM)
Bollocks. Just compared my poster to my friend's and they're not actually signed. Its a printed signature. Gutted.

Well, you still had a good time though, right? That's what counts.
Jimmay
QUOTE (mcraigclark @ Feb 6 2007, 01:52 AM)
Well, you still had a good time though, right?  That's what counts.

Hell yeah. Was an amazing night and I wasn't expecting that poster to be signed anyways. Roll on 14th so I can see it all over again biggrin.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Feb 6 2007, 12:19 AM)
Aaww! Lucky!  rolleyes.gif  I'm so far away from all the action here.  sad.gif

*mutters* I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous....  wacko.gif

dolfyn.
blink.gif

Tell me about it.
Melll
Woo! Went to York's Gala Screening last night.

By the power of Greyskull!

The movie was fab!
widowspider
QUOTE (Melll @ Feb 6 2007, 04:31 PM)
Woo!  Went to York's Gala Screening last night.

The movie was fab!

Melll! How the devil are you sir? Glad to hear the screening was good!
Melll
I'm doing just peachy, m'dear! Just returned from my 3rd US trip. Viva Las Vegas, baby! wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Melll @ Feb 6 2007, 04:38 PM)
I'm doing just peachy, m'dear!  Just returned from my 3rd US trip.  Viva Las Vegas, baby! wink.gif

Eeeeyy! Let me know if you're ever in New York and we shall converse over malted beverage.

Did you win any money?
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Melll @ Feb 6 2007, 04:31 PM)
Woo!  Went to York's Gala Screening last night.

The movie was fab!

Don't give it away! rolleyes.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Melll
@Widowspider: I was in NY for a bit on this trip. However, I'll be back later in the year, doing some gigs with one of my bands, no less. A malted beverage would be cool!

Sadly, I didn't win any money, I'm officially the worlds worst gambler, and proceeded to compound this fact by not doing any gambling.

I did however, fly in a helicopter over the strip, get a tattoo, watch awful cabaret, drink a yard-long margarita, ride rollercoasters (plus the rides at the stratosphere - eek!) and sleep. Lots.
widowspider
Holy crap, dude! You sound like you've been doing pretty well for yourself this last year or so. Good for you!
Melll
QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 6 2007, 05:50 PM)
Holy crap, dude! You sound like you've been doing pretty well for yourself this last year or so. Good for you!

I've been doing okay. New band is doing quite nicely, and we're doing this US trip just to say we've done it.

BTW, it's nice to be back. I'll try stick around too.
widowspider
QUOTE (Melll @ Feb 6 2007, 04:52 PM)
I've been doing okay.  New band is doing quite nicely, and we're doing this US trip just to say we've done it.

BTW, it's nice to be back.  I'll try stick around too.

Yay!
lewman_15
Firstly I have to say I'm amazed to have started a reasonably popular topic! GO ME! and secondly OMG!!!!!! it was awesome!!! please for the love of god never compare it to shaun, not because i didn't like shaun (because i did) but because of the genre change they are worlds apart from each other, this isn';t a spoof its just an action flick that happens to be set in sommerset! it follows all the conventions and have more twists than you could shake a Bruce Willis at!

have to see it again uopn its release on 16th!!!!

lewman

P.S. Who'da thought its possible to make the Sommerset accent cool? I've been quoting in it all day!
stinketta
QUOTE (lewman_15 @ Feb 6 2007, 05:55 PM)
P.S. Who'da thought its possible to make the Sommerset accent cool? I've been quoting in it all day!

I've known for years that the Westcountry accent is dead sexy.

I was also glad to see that Danny is a Bristol Rovers fan.
black_dust
Olivia colman has some great lines smile.gif

"Nothing like abit of girl on girl action"

This movie was 10 kinds of awsomeness! biggrin.gif everything about it was great
dolfyn
QUOTE (black_dust @ Feb 7 2007, 05:25 AM)
This movie was 10 kinds of awsomeness! biggrin.gif everything about it was great

*sigh* I'm going slowly insane with anticipation. wacko.gif I haven't been this excited about a movie's release since Return of the King! cool.gif (I didn't know how awesome SOTD would be, & wasn't previously familiar with the fine work of Pegg & co.)

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.