Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot Fuzz On The Big Screen
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
Pages: 1, 2
Spaced-Kitty
I work at a cinema and last thursday we had a screening of Hot Fuzz. We had sercuity bring the print down, somebody made it, people watched then they toke it apart and toke it away again. This made alot of theat work there very sad as we wanted to see it. Now Hopefully it will be back at our cinema on tuesday and we might get to see it. Now i have been waiting for this film so long to know that it was that close and couldn't watch it made me very sad. i really can't wait. Bring on the Fuzz.
newslang
QUOTE (Spaced-Kitty @ Feb 10 2007, 01:32 PM)
Now i have been waiting for this film so long to know that it was that close and couldn't watch it made me very sad. i really can't wait. Bring on the Fuzz.

I'm glad I saw it at a preview, because I doubt I'd have survived this long. I keep seeing interviews, posters and trailers everywhere.
I'd surely have fallen apart by now.

I'm surprised you didn't try and steal the print. biggrin.gif
black_dust
QUOTE (newslang @ Feb 11 2007, 03:11 PM)
I'm glad I saw it at a preview, because I doubt I'd have survived this long. I keep seeing interviews, posters and trailers everywhere.
I'd surely have fallen apart by now.

I'm surprised you didn't try and steal the print.  biggrin.gif

Im the same haha
Spaced-Kitty
oh i thought of stealing don't you worry about that. we have previews of it in work next week it's gonna kill me if i don't see it soon.
Maka
heh kitty, i think i know who you are (from another site)
and yeah security has been tight, it looks like my site will have 2 prints in so hopefully we get a staff show on weds night (i already seen it but must (simons orders) see it again)
Spaced-Kitty
oh do you know me. small world wide web we have here. i really can't wait. my site may also have 2 prints and a show on wednesday i hope or i'll cry.
Maka
im getting my hot fuzz police t-shirt this week biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

so if your "Up north" and get to see hot fuzz and someone exiting it with a smile and going mental at the tunes... thats me
dolfyn
QUOTE (Spaced-Kitty @ Feb 12 2007, 06:38 AM)
....it's gonna kill me if i don't see it soon.

Try having to wait another month like us Aussies!! sad.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif
theevilresident101
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Feb 13 2007, 06:37 PM)
Try having to wait another month like us Aussies!!  sad.gif

Soon...it's soon...a month. Soon. {reassures self more}
Spaced-Kitty
QUOTE (theevilresident101 @ Feb 13 2007, 10:41 AM)
Soon...it's soon...a month. Soon. {reassures self more}

oh that sucks i feel your pain
theevilresident101
QUOTE (Spaced-Kitty @ Feb 13 2007, 11:50 PM)
oh that sucks i feel your pain

Except the 'a month' factor? laugh.gif
Maka
if you live in or near odeon hatfield or Surrey Quays
you can see this film in digital.

perfect sound perfect picture, this is a digital copy instead of a "film"
if you get to see a first run of HF you wont see a lot of difference.
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Maka @ Feb 14 2007, 01:06 AM)
if you live in or near  odeon hatfield or Surrey Quays
you can see this film in digital.

perfect sound perfect picture, this is a digital copy instead of a "film"
if you get to see a first run of HF you wont see a lot of difference.

Looks like it is OK to say this now, as it is the day of release for the movie, but we saw it at a very private screening a number of weeks ago, and the medium used was HD, where it looked just amazing.

If your local is suitably equipped for digital, give yourselves a treat and watch Mr Wright's kick-arse movie the best way possible - fried gold positively gleams!

Hope you enjoy the fruits of labour of everyone involved in Hot Fuzz, guys!

Cheers,

KEVIN & NICK
Maka
some utter Tw.. is selling a copy on a website mad.gif
i've reported it like, on the basis he's made a copy on day #1 and selling it for his own ends
Spaced-Kitty
mad.gif They had the cast show today and i had to work. (sits in corner and crys eyes out.) this was only made worse buy the the fact that my oldest friend, my boyfriend and my best friend go to see it before. but pains me to say that my oldest friends not only went but fell ASLEEP duing it. i could kill him.
Maka
QUOTE (Spaced-Kitty @ Feb 14 2007, 11:21 PM)
mad.gif  They had the cast show today and i had to work. (sits in corner and crys eyes out.) this was only made worse buy the the fact that my oldest friend, my boyfriend and my best friend go to see it before. but pains me to say that my oldest friends not only went but fell ASLEEP duing it. i could kill him.

we didnt get one.. and it means if i want to see it in the next 2 weeks i must pay laugh.gif ohmy.gif
Atara
I could not get through to see it today, damn Midsummmer Nights dream evening shows, damn being a techie, however those I know who have seen it, some of whom are new to the Pegg/Wright/Frost world, ALL thought it was amazing, hilarious and many other words that mean ood things. I can't wait!!!
dolfyn
Still a whole month to wait! ohmy.gif *sigh*

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Feb 15 2007, 12:03 PM)
Still a whole month to wait!  ohmy.gif  *sigh*

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif

I think we in the US have even longer to wait than you, so don't feel too bad. smile.gif
mcraigclark
I expected this to happen, but the US release date seems extra far away now that those who have seen the film are talking about it.
thirtyhelens
Rachel, Craig.... let's start the support group.

I'll make the tea and coffee, you bring the cakes and donuts.
CazBag
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 15 2007, 07:04 PM)
Rachel, Craig.... let's start the support group.

I'll make the tea and coffee, you bring the cakes and donuts.

I'm happy to donate to your worthy cause smile.gif
thirtyhelens
Excellent, thanks Cazza!

I like chocolate donuts with sprinkles. Write that down.
Spaced-Kitty
may i jon i still haven't seen it.
thirtyhelens
Hmmmm... well, we wouldn't want to be exclusionist or anything. You can stay ONLY until you've seen the film. After which it's back to herbal tea and rice cakes for you. wink.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 15 2007, 09:05 PM)
Hmmmm... well, we wouldn't want to be exclusionist or anything.  You can stay ONLY until you've seen the film.  After which it's back to herbal tea and rice cakes for you. wink.gif

Damn straight! We're in this for the long haul, you know - 9 full weeks of agonising waiting for the Yanks and resident aliens. sad.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 15 2007, 08:52 PM)
I like chocolate donuts with sprinkles.  Write that down.

Got it. It's noted in big bold letters on my shopping list wink.gif
Spaced-Kitty
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 15 2007, 09:05 PM)
Hmmmm... well, we wouldn't want to be exclusionist or anything.  You can stay ONLY until you've seen the film.  After which it's back to herbal tea and rice cakes for you. wink.gif

OK thank you. Shall i bring the Jaffa Cakes?
Stink_Palm
I've seen it three times now! This movie will never get old.

I am seeing it tomorrow too. laugh.gif
Maka
funniest review i have seen online has to be

Never have we been so disappointed! It is not very funny at all.
Way too long, boring and drags. Its the first movie I have ever thought about walking out of. I kept thinking it would get better - but it didn't. Sure there are a few laughs but I had more fun at the theatre on Friday thank god!

it's like when they send some musical reporter that loves ballet and opera to a goldie lookin chain gig, of course they will think it's crap
Spaced-Kitty
people are loving it where i work
dolfyn
3 weeks until Hot Fuzz release here in Australia. Unless there's a premiere/preview....? huh.gif
Edgar? Yes? No? blink.gif

Still not heard a whisper of it anywhere in the media here. This worries me. unsure.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif
theevilresident101
QUOTE (dolfyn @ Feb 22 2007, 07:19 PM)
3 weeks until Hot Fuzz release here in Australia. Unless there's a premiere/preview....?  huh.gif
Edgar? Yes? No?  blink.gif

Still not heard a whisper of it anywhere in the media here. This worries me. unsure.gif

...please?

That's not too good if we have no coverage. Soon...got me calendar marked. biggrin.gif
Chapman Baxter
Note: I have moved some posts from this thread to two new threads - HOT FUZZ: The Forum Reviews and HOT FUZZ: The Post Mortem. The first is for all reviews of the film, and the second for a more detailed discussion of it.
Spaced-Kitty
i still haven't bloody seen it
Wife Of Rolex
Hot Fuzz is actually playing on 2 screens at my local cinema. smile.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Maka
we have it on in 3

two 300 er's
and a 500 seater

i was upset to see the other night it had like 10 people in sad.gif

on a cinema merchandising note i found a letter on the wall...
im now am the owner of a Hot Fuzz Poster and a Huuuuuuge (like 12ft x 12ft) hot fuzz banner biggrin.gif
im excited when i get them
Signposted
At my local cinema it's shown over a few screens and about 8 times a day! The first week after release there were big queues for most of the showings, and still by Thursday when I went the cinema was fairly full- which is good! But then it is in Somerset so I guess alot of people are maybe more curious as to see it?

I thought it was really good, and seemed to go by quite quickly. The best part for me was relating to alot (but thankfully not all) of the characters and events as I come from a smallish village. Probably go to see it again sometime as so many people want to watch it so keep getting asked, be good to see things missed out on the first time.

It was good as well to see a mixture of people in terms of some laughed at the references to their previous work, whilst it seemed that for just as many it was the first look at Edgar/Simon/Nick's stuff.
Stella MM
QUOTE (Signposted @ Feb 24 2007, 02:45 PM)
But then it is in Somerset so I guess alot of people are maybe more curious as to see it?

Ah, a fellow yokel! Whereabouts in God's greenest county are you?

I wonder if Hot Fuzz's Somerset connection is going to bring loads of West Countriers to the board? We might have a chance of outnumbering the massive Leeds Massive.
Jumpin Jack Flash
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 24 2007, 04:20 AM)
Hot Fuzz is actually playing on 2 screens at my local cinema.  smile.gif
Wife Of Rolex

We had it on all 6 screens in Wells. Talk about milking it!
Wife Of Rolex
It would be more screens at mine but they're showing 25 different films over 17 screens. I think the multiple screenings thins the audience out, though. Makes it look like less people are going in indivdual screens if you've been used to being with a crowd.

There's about 45 minutes between some showings and some people have snuck into the other screen to watch the end again. smile.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Signposted
QUOTE (Stella MM @ Feb 24 2007, 04:36 PM)
Ah, a fellow yokel! Whereabouts in God's greenest county are you?

Just outside of Bath, though I used to live in a teeny village a tad towards the Wiltshire side of things! Where abouts do you reside? Hopefully it will! Come on the 'set massive!

happy.gif
piglet
QUOTE (Spaced-Kitty @ Feb 23 2007, 08:32 PM)
i still haven't bloody seen it

its very funny ! well worth the trip laugh.gif
Maka
she works in a cinema, trust me its possible not to see it, you even on days off sotn wanna see a cinema!
piglet
i especially chuckled like a dunken monkey at the bit were danny gets brain freeze from the ice cream
Spaced-Kitty
QUOTE (Maka @ Feb 24 2007, 10:50 PM)
she works in a cinema, trust me its possible not to see it, you even on days off sotn wanna see a cinema!

i hate the fact i ani't seen it. i still just wanna cry. blush.gif is it really good?? no don't anser that i will cry.
Maka
just for you...
no its crap wink.gif
dolfyn
Well, it's 2 & 1/2 weeks until the Aussie Hot Fuzz release date, & still no sign of any media coverage or any word on the boys making the trip Down Under for promotion. sad.gif Not good.

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
huh.gif
Spaced-Kitty
QUOTE (Spaced-Kitty @ Feb 24 2007, 11:15 PM)
i hate the fact i ani't seen it. i still just wanna cry.  blush.gif is it really good?? no don't anser that i will cry.

Maka please don't say that as i know you lie. but thanks anyway. *crys*
Spaced-Kitty
i will now leave my jaffa cakes on the table of the club. as i have now seen that film i forget it's name.........Hot Fuzz that's it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.