Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today's the day
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
MargateSteve
In approximately 3 hours I should be sitting in a cinema in Herne Bay having made the 20 minute trip there to be amongst the first in the land to see Hot Fuzz (not counting those who have managed to get to preiviews - you swines).
Remembering back to the release of SotD I was excited but apprehensive as to whether the magic of Spaced would be matched on the big screen. Happily it was.
This time though I have such high expectations (an old woman gets drop-kicked in the head in the trailer after all) that I am worried that I may be let down.
Why can't I just go to watch a film without this turmoil in my head??????
Steve
Maka
Cant wait to see it 2mrw, just annoyed i couldnt see it all today, but apparently its cos they normally have the film in for 3 days before they play it to the public so they get a practice run, but they only got the film in at 3pm today so didnt get to practice.

that is often the case. but sometimes the movie suplliers are scared of piracy and stuff like that. they deliver on the day.
thats how staff get to see things early we watch that test and if anything goes wrong 1) its "tough" its a test 2) we can tell the techs whats wrong.

or films come in in pieces as they do and you get pieces 1 3 and 5 one day then the others the next.

such a shame it broken, darlo is a bit of a shed from what i have heard, (we cover it occasionally)
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (MargateSteve @ Feb 15 2007, 12:11 AM)
1. There was talk on here a couple of weeks back about a surprising cameo. Who was this as I saw no-one of note that I did not already know was in it.
2. What was the full list of Spaced/SotD references. The ones I recall (being careful not to have spoilers) fences, cold snack and dvd.

A very famous actress plays a certain person in Nicholas's life. wink.gif

A particular type of shop Nicholas buys something for Danny.
A particular sound from The Winchester finds it's way into The Crown pub.

That's all I can think of at this hour.

Wife Of Rolex
hardcorepigeon
QUOTE (Maka @ Feb 15 2007, 01:29 AM)
that is often the case. but sometimes the movie suplliers are scared of piracy and stuff like that. they deliver on the day.
thats how staff get to see things early we watch that test and if anything goes wrong 1) its "tough" its a test 2) we can tell the techs whats wrong.

or films come in in pieces as they do and you get pieces 1 3 and 5 one day then the others the next.

such a shame it broken, darlo is a bit of a shed from what i have heard, (we cover it occasionally)

I know it wasnt the projectionists fault...and at least i get to see the rest today...plus the bonus of getting to see the 1st half again without paying. They were offering either passes to go back and see it or a full cash refund...i couldnt understand why there were only 4 couples getting the passes...but might be becuase they wanted to do something else with their valentines day.

Darlington cinema is a s**t hole. But we dont have transport to go through to teeside. So we had enough for 1 ticket and popcorn (got the other with Orange Wednesdays) Really bouncing about going back to see the rest tho biggrin.gif

I was also surprised at the running time. My watch said that it was two hours in total which is not common for a comedy. I wonder if it was planned like that or there was just so much they could not drop.

WAtching the interview with Nick and Simon on Film 2007, Simon said it was xactly 2 hours long after cutting, becasue when they used to watch films when they were younger, they felt like 2 hours, so they wanted to make it 2 hours long. Also, a lot of films at 1 hour 30 mins. So its like, you get the film, then 30 mins extra free.

He also said that a lot was cut to get it down to 2 hours, so there will likely be a lot of the deleteld scenes on the DVD.

*goes back to jumping about at the prospect of another 2 pegg filled hours this evening*
Jon 79
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 15 2007, 02:58 AM)

A particular type of shop Nicholas buys something for Danny.
A particular sound from The Winchester finds it's way into The Crown pub.
That's all I can think of at this hour.
Wife Of Rolex

They're SOTD references though... Were there any Spacedisms?
logger
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Feb 15 2007, 01:41 PM)
They're SOTD references though...  Were there any Spacedisms?

Yes.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Feb 15 2007, 01:41 PM)
They're SOTD references though...  Were there any Spacedisms?

Here and there, but to say anything would spoil it.

Wife Of Rolex
Jubei
A very famous actress plays a certain person in Nicholas's life.  wink.gif

I still don't know who that was. But apparently Santa was also someone particularly famous, though not for acting. Is that true?
purple prole
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 15 2007, 02:58 AM)

A very famous actress plays a certain person in Nicholas's life.  wink.gif

Wife Of Rolex

I could just wait till I see it again this weekend for this, but are we talking about -

His ex? The woman wearing the full crime scene outfit, including mask. If so I must be really dim as I couldn't recognise who that was, even though all the time I was thinking 'That's got to be someone I know'
Also my mate said afterwards that he saw Jess Stevenson walking across the village square at one point. Is this true? Was I really paying this little attention.
Jubei
QUOTE (purple prole @ Feb 15 2007, 03:42 PM)
I could just wait till I see it again this weekend for this, but are we talking about -

His ex? The woman wearing the full crime scene outfit, including mask. If so I must be really dim as I couldn't recognise who that was, even though all the time I was thinking 'That's got to be someone I know'
Also my mate said afterwards that he saw Jess Stevenson walking across the village square at one point. Is this true? Was I really paying this little attention.

I looked and I found from a link on Spaced-Out. I wouldn't have guessed it. And everything I read from interviews with the guys said Jess wan't in it full stop. They may be lieing though.

Spoilered by widowspider - please guys, some people don't want to know anything.
purple prole
I've just looked on the imdb boards to find out who that was. If it is who they say, I'm impressed.
Jubei
QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 15 2007, 03:48 PM)
Spoilered by widowspider - please guys, some people don't want to know anything.

Sorry, I thought that was a fairly widely known thing that they had been very open about in interviews. Unlike the other thing, which I didn't even say.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (purple prole @ Feb 15 2007, 02:42 PM)

It is that character and they are not in the credits.

Wife Of Rolex
Jimmay
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 15 2007, 03:04 PM)
It is that character and they are not in the credits.
Wife Of Rolex

Yeah. I knew that I recognised them as well. I've just found out who it was and can't believe it. Genius. Also, I heard there was another cameo but don't know how true it is. I would mention it but I don't know how to use that spoiler black out thing.
widowspider
QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 15 2007, 03:03 PM)
Sorry, I thought that was a fairly widely known thing that they had been very open about in interviews.  Unlike the other thing, which I didn't even say.

I didn't know until I read it - don't forget that in the States we're 9 weeks away from getting a look at the film. smile.gif

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 15 2007, 03:08 PM)
Yeah. I knew that I recognised them as well. I've just found out who it was and can't believe it. Genius. Also, I heard there was another cameo but don't know how true it is. I would mention it but I don't know how to use that spoiler black out thing.

Before the spoilered info, you put [ spoiler ] (without the spaces) and at the end you put [/ spoiler ] (again, without the spaces). Presto!
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (widowspider @ Feb 15 2007, 03:31 PM)
Before the spoilered info, you put [ spoiler ] (without the spaces) and at the end you put [/ spoiler ] (again, without the spaces). Presto!

I think I've probably been vague enough not to even need spoiler tags.

YOU'RE GETTING NOTHING OUTTA ME!!

Wife Of Rolex
Jimmay
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 15 2007, 03:37 PM)
I think I've probably been vague enough not to even need spoiler tags.

YOU'RE GETTING NOTHING OUTTA ME!!
Wife Of Rolex

Well I also heard that Peter Jackson plays Father Christmas but I don't know how true that is as I didn't know when I saw it. I'll check again tomorrow.
Jubei
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 15 2007, 05:15 PM)
Well I also heard that Peter Jackson plays Father Christmas but I don't know how true that is as I didn't know when I saw it. I'll check again tomorrow.

I also heard that rumour too, but again have no idea if it was true. I don't remember that you actually see his face do you?
Home-Sliced06
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 15 2007, 05:15 PM)

All I could find that was even a slight indicator that it might be is here. Check it out at around the 1 minnute 35 seconds mark hardly conclusive though is it?

*sigh* guess I'll have to go and see it again to find out.

Darn. tongue.gif
Mrs Bisley
Just got back from seeing it a second time..

It's amazing.
Maka
second time for me tonight biggrin.gif
KevinandNick
Steve - what's the cinema like in Herne Bay - been meaning to go there for ages! smile.gif

KEVIN & NICK
MargateSteve
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Feb 16 2007, 08:05 PM)
Steve - what's the cinema like in Herne Bay - been meaning to go there for ages!  smile.gif

Its not too bad for a small place (150-200 seats) but I would not say the audio is anything to write home about. Comfy seats though!!!
Cannot really comment on anything else as I refused to move from my seat from start to finish!
As a side-note, do any cinemas do hot dogs anymore? I remember the old Classic Cinema in Ramsgate doing Frankies ones in the 80's (ah a childhood of going to the pictures every week to watch any old rubbish...Ghostbusters, Karate Kid and Three Amigo's) but now it is just over-priced sweets, ice-creams, dry popcorn and Cola with 95% water!
Steve
Maka
most odeon cinemas do hot dogs,
beware! excl.gif they cost 3.35, possibly more down south...

as for overpriced it still is. coke is now pepsi (boooooo!) and nachos are crap and tasteless, the cheese will have been lucky to ever of seen a cow.
buuut the salted popcorn is nice, specially when it's new and warm.

how do i know these things... i work at a cinema, and got to watch another 30 mins of hot fuzz on shift biggrin.gif
loving it!

watched the end bit when the shit gets real biggrin.gif
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 18 2007, 05:45 PM)
I'll be seeing it yet again at some point this week, particularly to get a proper look at Bill's book (there's a double meaning with it which I've just read about and it's bloody clever).

Wassat then?
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (fear_of_pop @ Feb 18 2007, 06:24 PM)
Wassat then?

Bill plays twins who are slightly distinct and you see them both reading a book. One is by Iain Banks, the other by Iain M Banks. Clever, eh?

Wife Of Rolex
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 18 2007, 06:32 PM)
Bill plays twins who are slightly distinct and you see them both reading a book. One is by Iain Banks, the other by Iain M Banks. Clever, eh?
Wife Of Rolex

Ooooohhhh!!
I like!
CazBag
QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 16 2007, 09:49 AM)
I also heard that rumour too, but again have no idea if it was true.  I don't remember that you actually see his face do you?

I think the rumour could be true. You do get to see the eyes and bit of facial hair.

I've still not been able to spot Edgar's appearance though.
feckless_dykey_prostitute
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 18 2007, 06:45 PM)
Apparently, in more than one venue, people have been seen walking out.  blink.gif  What's that about? When I saw it last week there were people still coming in half and hour into the film.
Wife Of Rolex

What is that about? Last night there was a round of applause by about a third of the audience! Hey, Croydon loves Hot Fuzz happy.gif
Imlovinit
I've been trying to work out who the ex girlfriend was, but I've got no idea! Could someone who knows who it is please PM me and tell me? smile.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (Imlovinit @ Feb 19 2007, 10:57 AM)
I've been trying to work out who the ex girlfriend was, but I've got no idea! Could someone who knows who it is please PM me and tell me?  smile.gif

Check your PMs now smile.gif
CazBag
QUOTE (winger @ Feb 19 2007, 12:09 PM)
BTW who was the Nick (S. Pegg's) ex in the film??

It's Cate Blanchett
CazBag
So who's been able to spot Simon and Edgar's mums yet?
Wife Of Rolex
I think it's also Chris Dickins (editor) on the bike - the guy who say hello to Nicholas as he's chasing the shoplifter. He was also the running man in SotD.

As for Edgar, I reckon he's one of the hooded people of the N.W.A. as there's one which doesn't show their face.

Wife Of Rolex
Chapman Baxter
Note: I've moved some posts from this thread to a new one - HOT FUZZ: The forum reviews, which, as the name suggests is for all reviews of the film.
Ade
Good job sir - it had been getting more than a little messy. In every sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.