Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sandford Village Puzzle Game
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
thirtyhelens
So remember how we were all obssessed with the M&M's Dark Movies puzzle at Halloween? Good times.

There's another one of them thar head scratchers up at the Hot Fuzz site (well, on the UK version anyway, it's not live on the US site yet.) Go to "Sandford Village" on the main menu page. 30 cop films hidden in the image.

Stuck at 20. I really ought to get some work done....

(Oh, and annoyingly you can't save your game. Really, who's going to get all these in one go? Put your hand down, Edgar.)
Ade
I'm stuck at 19.

edit: make that 23. Woot!
Jubei
I can't access the website. Is there any chance someone could post a higher res picture here to look at? And I take it that rather than the images being clues as to the films name, they are taken directly from the films..?
melzilla
no..some are clues to a film's name, some are taken from parts of a film, or are a clue to something that happens in it.............i got to 17 last night and then closed the window by accident!!! doh!

Edited due to unnecessarily bad spelling
Ade
QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 16 2007, 03:50 PM)
I can't access the website.  Is there any chance someone could post a higher res picture here to look at? 

And I take it that rather than the images being clues as to the films name, they are taken directly from the films..?

Some of them are a direct visual reference, others are cryptically done, some require a bit of intelligent Googling. Even so, I'm totally stumped at 23 now. Okay, 24.

Dunno if we'd be allowed to host the image from the official site here or not - that aside, it's a tricky bugger to keep still to grab screen stills and paste into Photoshop to create a decent resolution pic, but I'm having a go...
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 16 2007, 06:54 AM)
edit: make that 23. Woot!

Up to 22 before I gave up yesterday. Ade, I'm nipping at your ankles.. wink.gif
melzilla
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 16 2007, 05:03 PM)
, it's a tricky bugger to keep still to grab screen stills and paste into Photoshop to create a decent resolution pic, but I'm having a go...

indeed...it made me a little queasy after a while smile.gif
Ade
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Feb 16 2007, 06:04 PM)
Up to 22 before I gave up yesterday.  Ade, I'm nipping at your ankles.. wink.gif

*scratches ankle*

*gets 25th clue right*

wink.gif
captain carrot cake
Wow love the artwork! I've completed 27 but really need to stop now.
ccc
Wife Of Rolex
I can only get 12! blush.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Ade
Up to 26 now. Gonna be hard pressed to get the rest now I think.

Although one of them was verbally referred to in Hot Fuzz, and it's bugging the hell out of me now.
thirtyhelens

(Which only makes me start doing the Jack Bauer countdown in my head..."dink...dank...dink...dank..." biggrin.gif )

I'd list the ones I'm stuck on, only I know they're going to bring me great shame later and I'm trying to stall.
pvc_sister
28 here, and I am personally responsible for about 6 I think! The bloke has got the rest but is now sitting back.

The worst bit is one of the two we (well mostly he) hasn't got seems bloody obvious!
pvc_sister
OK the bloke here - feelin proud about gettin 28 in a few hours but buggered now

need the guitar case and the shadows

will b happy to swap and feel smug about stuff i got nobody else did

any offers
Ade
One left! Boo-yah!
thirtyhelens
I have abandoned my own quest and am throwing all my support behind Ade.

What do you need, champ? Water? Towel? Want me to stitch up that eye for you?
Ade
Addvvviaaannnnn!

Yes, it's gotten rather bad - I'm now shouting my own name in some last ditch attempt to keep from forgetting who I am, as I push my brainmuscle to the limits of its endurance. Cheers for the towel, this is dehydrating work.

Admittedly, I had a little help, thanks to PVCsisterbloke.

Just the shadowy multiple Nick/Dannies to puzzle out now. I just thought I'd try Attack Of The Clones, but it don't work. biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 20 2007, 12:10 PM)
Just the shadowy multiple Nick/Dannies to puzzle out now. I just thought I'd try Attack Of The Clones, but it don't work. biggrin.gif

*gasp* I got that one.

Don't worry, Ade, I won't tell. Unless you have a dramatic collapse of willpower.
Ade
Willpower gone. I done lostified it. Gah. I give up.
eskimono
would you like a clue, or have you fully given up?
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 22 2007, 11:59 AM)
Willpower gone. I done lostified it. Gah. I give up.

I will grant you this - it's NOT immediately apparent, and I'm actually still not sure I got it outside of a wild guess. laugh.gif

Shall I spoiler a clue?
fordprefect294
Found 27/30, the will is weak.

Can I get a hint as a PM for the football player, the chalk outline, and the Nick/Danny clones north of the Porsche?
CazBag
QUOTE (fordprefect294 @ Mar 27 2007, 06:01 PM)
Found 27/30, the will is weak.

Can I get a hint as a PM for the football player, the chalk outline, and the Nick/Danny clones north of the Porsche?

I'll spoiler the chalk outline one for you. It's Die Hard

Not sure about the other 2 though. Anyone spoiler these for us?

Well done for getting 27/30! I may ask you for help with some of the ones I'm missing. And welcome to the boards by the way!!!
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (fordprefect294 @ Mar 27 2007, 10:01 AM)
the Nick/Danny clones north of the Porsche?

Heat
fordprefect294
Thankee kindly
fordprefect294
One left...AARGH
thirtyhelens
The (American) football player? That one bugged the shit out of me, as well. It seems like it should be obvious...
Ade
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 27 2007, 07:17 PM)
Heat

And that's me complete. Cheers Nic.

Chic.
happy.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ade @ Mar 28 2007, 02:21 PM)
Cheers Nic.

Chic.
happy.gif

HUZZAH! I win the imaginary jackpot I had riding on your sweet ass, Ade. laugh.gif

By the way, which film IS the football player?
Ade
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Mar 28 2007, 11:24 PM)
HUZZAH!  I win the imaginary jackpot I had riding on your sweet ass, Ade.  laugh.gif

By the way, which film IS the football player?

laugh.gif

The Last Boy Scout
thirtyhelens
The Last Boy Scout

Oh, for fuck's sake. *dopeslap*
Ade
Teehee.

I wouldn't worry about it - I drew a blank for ages at several far easier than that one.
CazBag
Okay, I've racked my brain and now admitting defeat. I'm up to 27/30 so I'm hoping someone could help me out with the last 3? I'm stuck on:

The PL and Co shop sign
The boy by the fountain
Nicholas and Danny in paint

Please put me out of my misery laugh.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (CazBag @ Apr 19 2007, 01:36 AM)
The PL and Co shop sign
The boy by the fountain
Nicholas and Danny in paint

1. Didn't get that one myself
2. Witness
3. Boys In Blue
CazBag
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ Apr 19 2007, 04:28 PM)
1. Didn't get that one myself
2. Witness
3. Boys In Blue

Cheers for those Nic!

3. Boys In Blue ... Of course!!! rolleyes.gif

Perhaps Ade could help us out with the other one, if we ask very nicely? Ade ... ?
Ade
QUOTE (CazBag @ Apr 19 2007, 10:36 AM)
The PL and Co shop sign
QUOTE (CazBag @ Apr 19 2007, 09:16 PM)
Perhaps Ade could help us out with the other one, if we ask very nicely?  Ade ... ?

But of course!

It's an anagram. (thought I'd give you that last vestige of hope before I reveal the title): Copland
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 19 2007, 01:01 PM)
Copland

bugger.
CazBag
QUOTE (Ade @ Apr 19 2007, 09:01 PM)
But of course!

It's an anagram. (thought I'd give you that last vestige of hope before I reveal the title): Copland

THANK YOU!!!
Justincredible
Ok here's the ones I got so far:

Desperado
Blue Steel
Bad Boys
Heat
Die Hard
Magnum Force
Witness
Lethal Weapon
Beverly Hills Cop
Robocop
Copland
Police Story
The French Connection
Man on Fire
Point Break
The Last Boy Scout
Se7en

So I have se7enteen done so far...
I have no idea what the other ones are... Someone on here mentioned that the simon and nick next to the fountain in blue is "boys in blue" but i typed it in and its not working.

Serpi Computers... something to do with Serpico? Silence of the Lambs??? (tried and didnt' work)

What is the car floating in the air?
What is the Simon with a cape on top of the building?
And what is the guy in the window holding the osccar? (that was part of the plot of Naked Gun 33 1/3 but that didn't work).

Let's just start there... gimme some clues
Justincredible
oops... just got "Dead and Buried" too. Had to IMDB that one.
CazBag
QUOTE (Justincredible @ May 6 2007, 06:18 AM)
I have no idea what the other ones are... Someone on here mentioned that the simon and nick next to the fountain in blue is "boys in blue" but i typed it in and its not working.

Try The Boys in Blue ... you need a 'The' in front of it.

Serpi Computers... something to do with Serpico?  Silence of the Lambs??? (tried and didnt' work)

You were right the first time ... it is Serpico

What is the car floating in the air?
What is the Simon with a cape on top of the building?
And what is the guy in the window holding the osccar?  (that was part of the plot of Naked Gun 33 1/3 but that didn't work).

Let's just start there... gimme some clues

Ok, clues for the other 3:

Car in the air = something brothers
Simon in a cape = a police version of Clark Kent, not a man ...
Guy in window = a type of day when you go to train

Hope that helps!!!
Justincredible
Ok some of those... i'm kicking myself for not knowing. I think i'm trying to think too deeply. Supercop... GEEZ!

Six left now...

1. Couple dancing in money
2. Blue Oyster Bar
3. Cop on motorcycle
4. Green car
5. Eggshell thing on street
6. Toy police car
CazBag
QUOTE (Justincredible @ May 7 2007, 06:11 AM)
Ok some of those... i'm kicking myself for not knowing.  I think i'm trying to think too deeply.  Supercop... GEEZ!

Six left now...

1. Couple dancing in money
2. Blue Oyster Bar
3. Cop on motorcycle
4. Green car
5. Eggshell thing on street
6. Toy police car

Glad you got the others ok. You want clues for these last ones or you gonna try and work them out? Go on, you know you can do it!!!
Justincredible
i hadn't thought about them today. but no new ideas have come to my mind. i tried just putting in famous cop movies, but none of them worked.

so here's a question. what movies should have been put in the sandford clue game?

what about LA Confidential??? Rush Hour??? the long kiss goodnight??? miami vice??
CazBag
QUOTE (Justincredible @ May 8 2007, 06:20 AM)
i hadn't thought about them today.  but no new ideas have come to my mind.  i tried just putting in famous cop movies, but none of them worked.

Ok:

1. Not a waltz and not a card payment
2. Put Blue Oyster Bar into Google
3. This was shown at the Hot Fuzztival
4. You get shot with it
5. How do you eat yours?
6. "I'll be back" in a kid film
Justincredible
thanks caz. Got em all. The spellings had me stumped for awhile, especially "bullitt"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.