Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After the Fuzz
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Hot Fuzz
IceNice?No
I think after Edgar has done his two movie projects and (hopefully) reteams with pegg i think the genre to go for is sci fi.
They have done the horror plus romance/comedy, a pefect action/comedy/drama and i think the only logical choice to complete a ass kicked trilogy is a sci fi movie.
Thoughts?
Jon 79
Yeah, alot of people have suggested that.
I love science fiction films, so if the guys go that way with their next movie, I'll be happy... However... I also think that a super-natural/fantasy movie 'd go down well.
Everlong
Yeah i reckon sci-fi or fantasy, given the number of star wars and buffy references in spaced.

Either that or spaced series 3 please biggrin.gif
Hamish
Hyperdrive was not very funny, but I think sci-fi would work, but I can't see them doing it. Nothing completely set in space, maybe something more down to earth, like alien invasion, or something more H. G. Wells. o.O

I think an Indiana Jones style movie would work possibly. Maybe Something period. Oh, I dunno. They're better at it them me.
curtinparloe
In the interview I saw, Edgar said they didn't choose a specific genre, each film was written about places - Shaun about where they live now, and Fuzz about where they grew up. "It's not like we'll just sit down and say 'Right then, let's do a period drama'."

I'm thinking something scifi is on the cards though.
Jon 79
QUOTE (Everlong @ Feb 18 2007, 09:44 PM)
Either that or spaced series 3 please  biggrin.gif

Has anyone ever started a petition to get Spaced 3 made?
With enough names on it, presented to the right person at channel 4, they could approach pegg & co & dangle a juicy looking budget infront of them.
melzilla
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Feb 19 2007, 10:59 PM)
With enough names on it, presented to the right person at channel 4, they could approach pegg & co & dangle a juicy looking budget infront of them.

I don't think the budget would really make much difference....Spaced is great because its not a huge-budget-style show, what would they do...have Colin ACTUALLY get abducted by a giant computer generated crocodile?....oooh on second thoughts!! laugh.gif
I think they've made it pretty clear about Spaced, I think a one-off (or even better - a movie) may be pretty cool, but I don't reckon even a petition will help us on this one!
(Although I would definitely sign a petition in the hope that I would, one day, eat my words!) biggrin.gif
Chapman Baxter

Yes they have, to no obvious effect.
empathy-with-beast

Or we could just kidnap some of the casts' family members and force them to do it. Y'know, if we want it that badly.

And weren't those petitions to make them repeat series one and two on the telly?

Damn, now when someone kidnaps Edgar Wright's mum the police are going to come straight to me.
Chapman Baxter
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 20 2007, 09:43 AM)
And weren't those petitions to make them repeat series one and two on the telly?

Damn, you're right. It's obviously too early in the day for my brain to be working. Still, I think they demonstrate the effectiveness of Spaced-related petitions.
dolfyn
On the original topic, I'd love to see the guys tackle the sci-fi genre. After all, it's right up their alley & I'm sure they'd find a way to put a fresh spin on it, the little geniuses that they are. biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
maian
Simon said in an interview that the next thing he wants to do is something serious. I'm not sure if he was referring to doing something with Edgar, but he did say that he'd like to do something serious with Nick to confound peoples' expectations. He said he wants to do something like Nil By Mouth.
Jimmay
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 20 2007, 11:41 AM)
Simon said in an interview that the next thing he wants to do is something serious. I'm not sure if he was referring to doing something with Edgar, but he did say that he'd like to do something serious with Nick to confound peoples' expectations. He said he wants to do something like Nil By Mouth.

Whatever it is, it's connected to the road trip from L.A. to Devil's Tower in Wisconsin and it won't be directed by Edgar. The Devil's Tower bit does suggest it may be Sci-Fi related though as it is the mountain used in Close Encounters.
Ade
I'd like to see them tackle a time-travelling-samurai-vampire action fest.
maian
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 20 2007, 11:48 AM)
Whatever it is, it's connected to the road trip from L.A. to Devil's Tower in Wisconsin and it won't be directed by Edgar. The Devil's Tower bit does suggest it may be Sci-Fi related though as it is the mountain used in Close Encounters.

I think he was talking about what he wants to do, rather than what he actually is doing next.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 20 2007, 11:48 AM)

laugh.gif How could they possibly fail
melzilla
QUOTE (Ade @ Feb 20 2007, 11:48 AM)

Nah, not that old chestnut!........ laugh.gif
Jon 79
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ Feb 20 2007, 09:43 AM)
Or we could just kidnap some of the casts' family members and force them to do it. Y'know, if we want it that badly.

That's just rediculous... but you've given me an idea.
... We could make our own spaced!... if sombody was to stalk the main cast members.... & secretly record footage of them. Yeah, it may look a bit voyeuristic, but it's all in the editing..... We'll dub some vocals on them from their other film/tv apperances, & have each shot starting & ending with a either a whip-pan, or a slow track right, behind some black card.
Come on. it's a brilliant idea! All it'll take is... ooh... approximatly 3 months following each cast member... then another month for post production,... then maybe 18 months or so in prison.
melzilla
laugh.gif A small price to pay for Spaced 3....count me in! tongue.gif
Jimmay
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Feb 20 2007, 10:51 PM)
That's just rediculous... but you've given me an idea.
... We could make our own spaced!... if sombody was to stalk the main cast members.... & secretly record footage of them. Yeah, it may look a bit voyeuristic, but it's all in the editing..... We'll dub some vocals on them from their other film/tv apperances, & have each shot starting & ending with a either a whip-pan, or a slow track right, behind some black card.
Come on. it's a brilliant idea! All it'll take is... ooh... approximatly 3 months following each cast member... then another month for post production,... then maybe 18 months or so in prison.

I knew all that footage of Nick Frost doing his shopping and Simon Pegg mowing the lawn would come in handy at some point biggrin.gif
enemysprout
It's interesting to see how there is a certain expectancy placed on them to get together and make us a film every two years. Obviously this can happen (see Christopher Guest and Co) but on the whole it's very unusual. For all I know Hot Fuzz could be the last thing they do together int this way.

Although no doubt some of you know much better than I do what they plan to do next, there are a hell of a lot of options open. How long can we expect them to keep performing (them and their monkey) for us? huh.gif

Isn't that idea to stalk them basically the plot of Bowfinger?
Maka
if they want.. they could cover another emergency service...
im actually writing a script now (for an idea i have had for ages)
Jon 79
QUOTE (enemysprout @ Feb 21 2007, 03:45 PM)
Isn't that idea to stalk them basically the plot of Bowfinger?

Oh yeah. I think your right... I didn't recall that. My brain is well trained to forget sub-standard Steve Martin films.
MargateSteve
QUOTE (Maka @ Feb 21 2007, 03:47 PM)
if they want.. they could cover another emergency service...
im actually writing a script now (for an idea i have had for ages)

Strangely the script I am writing, with a sort of homage/parody feel I have seen somewhere before involves all emergency services (although not actually based around any of them). And when I say writing I mean going back to every so often and deciding the stuff I though was funny or BAFTA material was actually shite and virtually start again. But the premise of the idea has been the same for 3 years now and if I ever finish it then it will surely revolutionise the British Film Industry. Or ruin it. Or not even be considered part of it.
Steve
Maka
i think though a "pegged up" casualty or londons burning would be rather amusing biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.