Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NES Music
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Music
jeffjeffington
Have any of you heard any of the Nintendo Cover Bands Bands like The Neskimos, The minibosses, The advantage? i think old school NES music is awesome. Theres also a rap band called 8 bit from Highland Park, CA that uses some old school Nintendo sounds that are awesome as well.
monkeyman
Sega music was better then NES music.
Atara
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 19 2007, 12:15 AM)

I agree! But I never had a Nintendo, I was a Sega child all the way
Jon 79
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 19 2007, 12:15 AM)

Oh come on. The theme from Mario could kick the theme from Sonic's ass any day. biggrin.gif wink.gif
monkeyman
I actually cant recall the Mario theme. Only the invicible theme, and Bowsers castle.

Streets of rage 2 is where it's at for me.
Jimmay
The other day the music from Marble Zone from Sonic 1 just popped into my head and wouldn't leave. Thus proving that Sega music is far superior. Although the music for Starlight Zone was far better...in fact I'm going to go and find it. It was a lounge music masterpiece.
Jon 79
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 19 2007, 09:57 PM)
I actually cant recall the Mario theme.

It went: Der, der, der, der-ner da-ner, do-do do-do der-na da da-do-do...

huh.gif
monkeyman
In all seriousness, that actually helped. I recall it now.

I also went and looked for it on Youtube and found this piece of coolness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ-y3dxG49M
GundamGuy_UK
SEGA music always seem to have more "layers" to it, if that's the right word. More bits going on over the top of each-other at one time

This music, and this game in general, sum up my childhood. I like how the game is so intense the emulator can barely run it. Now that shows a good game.

That said, the Final Fantasy titles have had constant great music over the years. This one in particular always sounds awesome I think.

Everyone knows this is the coolest music in any game ever though. How did he get that background though?
Atara
Man, I love that sonic music.

I am now sitting here listening to other people play computer game themes on piano, it is making me happy.
monkeyman
Talking of Final Fantasy music theres a band, a Rock band I think called theBlack Mages or something.

They use samples from Final Fantasy music, some of it is awesome.

I also have some Sonic music on my MP3 player biggrin.gif
Atara
I'll have to check them out!

I have FF music on my Mp3, but not much, mostly Advent Children stuff

If I was here I'd have exploded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5st0b3ln5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRTBBXtSHw4
monkeyman
Heh, that is cool.

I was half right it seems.
Atara
QUOTE (monkeyman @ Feb 21 2007, 07:46 AM)
Heh, that is cool.

I was half right it seems.

you were ALL right. I think they got lucky, or do they actually do the music?
monkeyman
Seems some of them did the original music in the games:
Click me
GundamGuy_UK
Well Nobuo Uematsu heads the band, and he did all the music for FF's 1-9, and Advent Children.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.