Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Evening with Edgar Competition
Spaced Out Forum > Spaced > Spaced: Above and Beyond > Cast Watch
Pages: 1, 2
CazBag
Spend an evening with Edgar. Competition with Empire

From Empire:

Ever wondered what makes Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead director, Edgar Wright, tick? Well, now’s your chance to find out because Empire has teamed up with our chums at Playstation to bring you… An Evening With Edgar Wright! Yes, on Friday March 16, 50 lucky Empire readers will be treated to a hi-tech show&tell/Q&A with Edgar who will talk about his influences from the world of music, film and videogames, using the stunning Blu-Ray capabilities of the brand-new, ultra-sleek PlayStation 3.

It doesn't say where this is going to happen, but no doubt somewhere in London.
zeden
It's so obvious that it was a Sony PR agent who wrote that. biggrin.gif
Jimmay
QUOTE (zeden @ Mar 1 2007, 03:26 PM)
It's so obvious that it was a Sony PR agent who wrote that.  biggrin.gif

Oh Dear. That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that. Who would've thought that Edgar Wright was Sony's whore.

Still, the Blu-Ray capabilities do sound cutting edge and amazing... wacko.gif am I so easily led astray??
Strait_Up
I just entered so I'm keeping my fingers crossed happy.gif
edgar wright
I shall certainly be talking about my films, TV shows and influences, but for the record I haven't touched a console since SPACED, let alone considered the Blu Ray capabilities of anything. I do hope someone from Sony will do the PS3 demo instead of me.

I'm sorry if the bombshell of me being an ex game nerd comes as a shock.

That said, when the DIRTY HARRY game comes out, count me back in.
dolfyn
That night would be geek-heaven. happy.gif Wish I could be there. rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

EDIT: Woo hoo! 500th post & got my 4th pint! biggrin.gif
melzilla
Haha...well done there Dolfy!...
I'd love to enter but it's my b'day on the 17th (St. Patrick's Day!) and i'll be away for the weekend and full of Guinness!...dammit!
Good luck everyone anyway, sounds like it'll be fun!
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (edgar wright @ Mar 2 2007, 02:00 AM)
I shall certainly be talking about my films, TV shows and influences, but for the record I haven't touched a console since SPACED, let alone considered the Blu Ray capabilities of anything. I do hope someone from Sony will do the PS3 demo instead of me.

I'm sorry if the bombshell of me being an ex game nerd comes as a shock.

Haha, I haven't played a console in a while, but the oppertunity to have a go on Resistance Fall of Man looks too good to be true, have a go Edgar! You'd love it, it's like 28 Days Later set in WW2!

Brilliant, well I've entered it'd be cool to win, but sods law, I never would.

Have a good one!

Cheers,

Max
Strait_Up
Does anybody know when they will say who the winners are?
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Strait_Up @ Mar 2 2007, 07:24 PM)
Does anybody know when they will say who the winners are?

I think it's a week from today. It says the competiton deadline is 9th of March, and it says the winners will be notified on the day of the draw. So fingers crossed and good luck to you!

Keep well!
Wife Of Rolex
I've entered but I rarely - well actually never - win anything so I probably won't get a ticket. sad.gif However, if anyone finds themselves with a spare...

I'LL TAKE IT!

Wife Of Rolex
curtinparloe
I usually never win these kinds of things, but seeing as I'm currently crippled, and have a prior engagement, my chances are much better than normal.
CazBag
Good luck to everyone on here!

When SOTD was being shown at the Film4 Summer Screen event at Somerset House it was on a weekend I couldn't go to because of family commitments, I was so gutted. Then it just so happened that a couple of days before the event I could go but didn't have a ticket. So I decided to enter the Empireonline competition at the time to win tickets to go - fate would decide whether I went or not. So I entered the morning before the event and got a call back a couple of hours later to say I'd got tickets! Good job I did too as it was bloody fantastic seeing it there. I can't wait to see Hot Fuzz there either, as I'm sure it will be if Edgar is involved with the event again. wink.gif

In fact I did pretty well out of that competition. After winning the tickets for SOTD, I answered a questionnaire for someone about the event and got 2 free tickets to go to the outdoor ice rink at Somerset House and answered someonelse's questions by phone and got a £10 cheque!

So do enter, you never know your luck!
Wife Of Rolex
Anyone here win?

I didn't, rather predictably. rolleyes.gif

Wife Of Rolex
pegged
how do you know you didnt win?
Wife Of Rolex
Oh, hang on. It was the deadline yesterday. Was the draw today or yesterday?

huh.gif

I'm still in there! biggrin.gif

Wife Of Rolex
pegged
no idea but you just made me panic haha, heres hopin smile.gif
Strait_Up
I don't think I've won either, I haven't heard anything sad.gif
Jon 79
I know someone who won....
biggrin.gif
meh heh heh.
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 10 2007, 05:33 PM)
biggrin.gif
meh heh heh.

Wait, so people have been told then? Damn, oh well.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 10 2007, 05:33 PM)
biggrin.gif
meh heh heh.
QUOTE (Spider Dijon @ Mar 10 2007, 08:39 PM)
Wait, so people have been told then? Damn, oh well.

Aww buggar.

sad.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Strait_Up
sad.gif I really wanted to win sad.gif

But then again sure everyone on here did.
Jon 79
I hope this happens. I not received my tickets yet. ... & isn't Edgar on the other side of the planet right now? ... anything could happen between now & friday. huh.gif
widowspider
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 12 2007, 12:58 PM)
I hope this happens. I not received my tickets yet. ... & isn't Edgar on the other side of the planet right now? ... anything could happen between now & friday. huh.gif

You mean...you won??

If so, then congrats! Glad someone from the board got the tix.
melzilla
Congratufibulations there Jon!!...Have a great time....you jammy git! laugh.gif tongue.gif
CazBag

Well done on winning! Is it not a name-on-the-door type thing or have you been told you'll be sent a ticket?
thirtyhelens
Jon! Nice one, kiddo - your friends from Team SOLA '96 congratulate you. laugh.gif
Spider Dijon

Sorry mate, I didn't know that you actually won! Congratulations! I hope you have a great time!

Max
AusChick

Congrats on winning Jon! We want to hear aaaaalllllllll about it.
And don't stress about the other side of the planet thing - they were definately leaving Melbourne yesterday afternoon so they should have landed back on home soil by now. (or round about now anyway)

I imagine he'll be tired and jetlagged but he'll definately be there!
Enjoy!
Jon 79
Yay! My ticket arrived today!! ... & Man, what a ticket... its one of those 3d plastic things... no not a hologram, the other type.

It's myself plus one.
Hmmm.... who should I bring? rolleyes.gif
I gonna ask a friend. If she can't make it, I guess I can be bribed. smile.gif

I'll be back here later.
CazBag
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 15 2007, 02:01 PM)
If she can't make it, I guess I can be bribed.  smile.gif

I'm happy to bribe you. Now, what would win it ... ? biggrin.gif
Llama
If she can't make it, I guess I can be bribed.  smile.gif

I can offer you this delicious sachet of Oatso Simple (Original). It's microwavable in a mere 2 1/2 minutes.

EDIT: Congratulations for winning, by the way!
frostitute
QUOTE (edgar wright @ Mar 1 2007, 09:00 PM)

Why Dirty Harry? There is a John Woo game coming out later this year.

http://www.midway.com/rxpage/Game_Stranglehold.html
Wife Of Rolex
Yay! My ticket arrived today!!  ... & Man, what a ticket... its one of those 3d plastic things... no not a hologram, the other type.

It's myself plus one.
Hmmm.... who should I bring?  rolleyes.gif
I gonna ask a friend. If she can't make it, I guess I can be bribed.  smile.gif

I'll be back here later.

I've negleted to actually say well done for winning a ticket, which, after my last post in this thread, may have had me come across as a bad loser.

Come to think of it...I am.

Fuck you!

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Jon 79
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 15 2007, 03:05 PM)
Fuck you!

& there was me about to pm you to ask if you wanted to go....
oh well...
biggrin.gif
AusChick
Would love to bribe you for a ticket Jon - but even if I left Melbourne right now I still wouldn't get there in time.
Shame.
Jessopjessopjessop
I went as Jon's Plus 1 last night. It was really good fun and very interesting, and much less Playstation orientated than I feared. The first segment involved Edgar talking about his favourite films with accompanying clips (cue Dirty Harry, Evil Dead, Delicatessen, Raising Arizona and more) and the second half was a Q&A.

I have a bunch of pictures of the man himself and two short videos, which I will post in the next few days, and I'll write a bit more about the questions unless Jon gets here first.
AusChick
Sounds like a fun night JJJ.
Can't wait to see the pics and stuff.

Tell me more.........
widowspider
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 17 2007, 11:11 AM)
I went as Jon's Plus 1 last night. It was really good fun and very interesting, and much less Playstation orientated than I feared. The first segment involved Edgar talking about his favourite films with accompanying clips (cue Dirty Harry,  Evil Dead, Delicatessen, Raising Arizona and more) and the second half was a Q&A.

I have a bunch of pictures of the man himself and two short videos, which I will post in the next few days, and I'll write a bit more about the questions unless Jon gets here first.

Wow, nice one! Was it a group thing, with a bunch of winners?
Spider Dijon
QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 17 2007, 11:11 AM)
The first segment involved Edgar talking about his favourite films with accompanying clips (cue Dirty Harry,  Evil Dead, Delicatessen, Raising Arizona and more)

He likes Delicatessen? It's alright I guess, the whole time I struggled to understand what was going on, it was a very strange film.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 15 2007, 08:16 PM)
& there was me about to pm you to ask if you wanted to go....
oh well...
biggrin.gif

Dagnammit!

biggrin.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Jon 79
QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 17 2007, 01:13 PM)
Wow, nice one! Was it a group thing, with a bunch of winners?

Yeah, There must've been about 60 or 70 people there.

It was cool. The actual venue was awesome. Well decorated... Very trendy looking open space. There was art work all over the place & lots of expensive looking furniture.
& free food, beer & wine! ... which is why I look a little mashed in this picture:

MyDogAteLA
awesome
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 17 2007, 06:06 PM)
Yeah, There must've been about 60 or 70 people there.

It was cool. The actual venue was awesome. Well decorated... Very trendy looking open space. There was art work all over the place & lots of expensive looking furniture.
& free food, beer & wine!  ... which is why I look a little mashed in this picture:

Don't you hate it when a random bloke muscles in on your photo.

Wife Of Rolex
Jon 79
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 17 2007, 07:26 PM)
Don't you hate it when a random bloke muscles in on your photo.
Wife Of Rolex

I know what you mean. There's me & Adam having a nice photo taken on our evening out, & then that bloke in the green T shirt wanders into shot! rolleyes.gif
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 17 2007, 07:33 PM)
I know what you mean.  There's me & Adam having a nice photo taken on our evening out, & then that bloke in the green T shirt wanders into shot!  rolleyes.gif

I was actually referring to Adam. laugh.gif

Wife Of Rolex
Jon 79
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 17 2007, 07:44 PM)
I was actually referring to Adam.  laugh.gif
Wife Of Rolex

(i know!) biggrin.gif
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 17 2007, 10:06 AM)
& free food, beer & wine!  ... which is why I look a little mashed in this picture:

No more mashed than when I saw you last. Ah, that was good. What were we doing again?!

Oh, right.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Mar 17 2007, 07:51 PM)
(i know!)  biggrin.gif

I read that hearing Paddy Considine's voice.

Wife Of Rolex
Jon 79
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 17 2007, 08:09 PM)
I read that hearing Paddy Considine's voice.
Wife Of Rolex

LOL! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.