Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be right back after these messages...
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
empathy-with-beast
It's the bit where I always just think "Ngaaaaah! I want to see the trailer for Pirates of the Carribean 3 and I want to see it now!"
maian
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ May 7 2007, 04:51 PM)
It's the bit where I always just think "Ngaaaaah! I want to see the trailer for Pirates of the Carribean 3 and I want to see it now!"

The trailer does look rather nice, doesn't it?
logger
The Orange ads with Kevin Spacey's less talented brother piss me off.
maian
The earlier ones were entertaining, but they really started going downhill a whgile ago. Although the Seagal one was a great return to form.
empathy-with-beast
I liked the Michael Madsen one but not the latest one with her from that thing.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (maian @ May 7 2007, 04:52 PM)
The trailer does look rather nice, doesn't it?

The trailer does yes, but if you look closely you can see where they've folded up what I'm sure will be a turgid four hours of screen time.
maian
QUOTE (empathy-with-beast @ May 7 2007, 04:56 PM)
The trailer does yes, but if you look closely you can see where they've folded up what I'm sure will be a turgid four hours of screen time.

Though I hope at least one hour of that will be Jack Sparrow being entertaining, as opposed to the 30 minutes of him being a cock in the second film.
dandan
"meenaralsch" - my new favourite advert....
Llama
Someone else tell me they saw the advert that lasted about two seconds, with a guy on a toilet. I was expecting follow-up adverts... have I missed them or something?
Twinkle
That new Ford ad with the man dancing down the street with his little girl in his arms is so sweet biggrin.gif
Dorf
I think I just saw out of the corner of my eye a H&M advert with Kylie, not that it particularly matters, but she doesn't exactly define either word.
NiteFall
What is she not defining? H&M stands for Hennes and Mauritz...
Dorf
That tells me then, I always thought it was 'High and Mighty'.

Whoops.
NiteFall
Ahhh, I see what you've done there. You've confused inexpensive Swedish fashion outlet H&M with large and tall UK based mens clothing shop High And Mighty.
Dorf
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 12 2007, 02:02 AM)
Ahhh, I see what you've done there. You've confused inexpensive Swedish fashion outlet H&M with large and tall UK based mens clothing shop High And Mighty.

It does explain away my confusion at seeing some of the normal sized girls here discussing the place in the shopping thread.

I just figured they had expanded and now supplied clothes of every size, I am so cutting edge.
maian
QUOTE (Llama @ May 9 2007, 01:45 PM)
Someone else tell me they saw the advert that lasted about two seconds, with a guy on a toilet. I was expecting follow-up adverts... have I missed them or something?

No, it's the end of a cleaning ad (I think). Basically, the main body of the ad happens, they say the name of the product, then the toilet bit shows up at the end. However, the toilet bit doesn't really seem to be part of the rest of the ad so it looks like it is a separate ad. I've only seen it once, so I don't know the product, but it is part of a larger ad.
logger
QUOTE (maian @ May 12 2007, 02:23 AM)
No, it's the end of a cleaning ad (I think). Basically, the main body of the ad happens, they say the name of the product, then the toilet bit shows up at the end. However, the toilet bit doesn't really seem to be part of the rest of the ad so it looks like it is a separate ad. I've only seen it once, so I don't know the product, but it is part of a larger ad.

I think it's Boots.
maian
That sounds about right.
Llama
QUOTE (maian @ May 12 2007, 02:23 AM)

QUOTE (logger @ May 12 2007, 02:28 AM)
I think it's Boots.

Ahhh, that would explain it. Thanks guys.
curtinparloe
I've just seen an ad for Budweiser where they have a rubber floor so as not to break bottles when they drop them. Cue "hilarious" hijinks of bouncing bottles, remote controls and dogs everywhere.

At no time did they show someone opening a bottle and getting showered in low-quality beer.
Zoe
I still call H&M 'Hennes', I am old.
rebelstar
Does anyone else find those Cadbury's Digestive adverts that seem to spoof those sort of 'people receiving news that they're not dying of cancer' ads a little bit distasteful?
logger
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ May 13 2007, 02:19 PM)
I've just seen an ad for Budweiser where they have a rubber floor so as not to break bottles when they drop them. Cue "hilarious" hijinks of bouncing bottles, remote controls and dogs everywhere.

At no time did they show someone opening a bottle and getting showered in low-quality beer.

There hasn't been a decent alcohol advert since the "Wassup!" campaign and that got old quick.
mcraigclark
QUOTE (logger @ May 13 2007, 01:48 PM)
There hasn't been a decent alcohol advert since the "Wassup!" campaign and that got old quick.

Nic found this the other day and I think it's appropriate.

Some new life to an old ad.
thirtyhelens
^ Hee. I love that Wonder Woman is the one that sounds like Tone Loc.

Sorry about the crap video quality, but it's a classic: David Naughton hawks Dr. Pepper.

One day, I swear I'll get that man to sign my "I'm A Pepper!" shirt...
logger
QUOTE (thirtyhelens @ May 14 2007, 05:02 AM)

Should have been a bigger star.
maian
Have I expressed my love of the new Cravendale ads? No? Well, they're ace.
Jubei
QUOTE (maian @ May 14 2007, 08:13 PM)
Have I expressed my love of the new Cravendale ads? No? Well, they're ace.

I like them too, I like to dance along to the musically one.
Stella MM
I was really pissed off when I first saw the Cravendale ads 'cause I thought they'd done a lazy-ad-exec rip off of Pic Pic Andre's Panic Au Village series of stop-motion animations. Turns out, thankfully, that it's actually Pic Pic Andre (two Belgian animators) directing them.

Phew! It's okay, everyone. You can like them now.
maian
QUOTE (Stella MM @ May 14 2007, 09:34 PM)
I was really pissed off when I first saw the Cravendale ads 'cause I thought they'd done a lazy-ad-exec rip off of Pic Pic Andre's Panic Au Village series of stop-motion animations. Turns out, thankfully, that it's actually Pic Pic Andre (two Belgian animators) directing them.

Phew! It's okay, everyone. You can like them now.

Phew, dodged a bullet there.

Though I now face the moral dilemna of liking something that is Belgian.
NiteFall
What about Belgian waffles? Everyone likes them.
maian
QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 14 2007, 09:42 PM)
What about Belgian waffles? Everyone likes them.

I call them Freedom Waffles.
Stella MM
QUOTE (maian @ May 14 2007, 09:39 PM)
Phew, dodged a bullet there.

You haven't dodged that bullet marked 'Maroon 5's new single', thoughbut. Have a word with yourself, boy!

I like the Belgian thing that is chips and mayonnaise.
maian
QUOTE (Stella MM @ May 14 2007, 09:44 PM)
You haven't dodged that bullet marked 'Maroon 5's new single', thoughbut. Have a word with yourself, boy!

I'm comfortable with the blind-spots in my musical taste. Besides which, it's not like I'm going to buy the song, but if it comes on the radio I won't turn the volume down.
NiteFall
What about Jean-Claude Van-Da... no, wait. Scratch that.
Jumpin Jack Flash
The Becks advert with the various animations all dancing? I think the human verision looks like Jubei.
empathy-with-beast
Special K Bliss Bars. A woman pours the ingredients of a bliss bar into a hand bag with a big scoop and then produces a small Bliss Bar of only 99 calories. All very well and good, but does it put anyone else in mind of the advert for anti-constipation drugs where a woman fills her handbag with everything she's eaten that day. I can't help but think that the Bliss Bar lady's bag is full of poo underneath the Bliss Bar.
maian
I knew he looked like someone!

Edit: In reply to Jack.
GundamGuy_UK
QUOTE (Jubei @ May 14 2007, 09:12 PM)
I like them too, I like to dance along to the musically one.

Musical one? I've only seen one - a pirate sees the last bottle be taken, so they go on a motorway and crash into a lorry.
maian
QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ May 14 2007, 09:55 PM)
Musical one? I've only seen one - a pirate sees the last bottle be taken, so they go on a motorway and crash into a lorry.

Here it is, in all it's glory
Jubei
QUOTE (Jumpin Jack Flash @ May 14 2007, 09:51 PM)
The Becks advert with the various animations all dancing? I think the human verision looks like Jubei.

QUOTE (maian)

Really? I never thought he looked like me, but I'll check now. I like that advert as well, it's clever. Is it a drawn animation, a plasticine animation, a puppet and a man?
rebelstar
QUOTE (maian @ May 14 2007, 09:43 PM)
I call them Freedom Waffles.

What about the Saxamaphone? That's a wonderful Belgian invention.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Jubei @ May 15 2007, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (maian)

Really? I never thought he looked like me, but I'll check now. I like that advert as well, it's clever. Is it a drawn animation, a plasticine animation, a puppet and a man?

It is clever. Even though they changed the music.
Zoe
Hergé's Adventures of Tintin!
Sean of the Dead
QUOTE (Jubei @ May 15 2007, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (maian)

That's the one. I preferred it when it had The Flaming Lips' It Overtakes Me on it though...
maian
Am I the only one who finds it strange that they have resurrected those Nescafe ads parodying Queer Eye For The Straight Guy despite the fact that the metrosexual fad has died down considerably?
dandan
the new skoda ad is very fitting, considering shack is now a proud owner...

click on the 'view tv ad' link
curtinparloe
QUOTE (dandan @ May 19 2007, 10:29 AM)
the new skoda ad is very fitting, considering shack is now a proud owner...

click on the 'view tv ad' link

I saw it the other day. It makes me want to flush a car.
Llama
I really like that advert. Though I thought they were building a house to start with and my dad laughed at me. It did look like a house...

QUOTE (curtinparloe @ May 19 2007, 10:45 AM)
It makes me want to flush a car.

biggrin.gif
Jimmay
Does anyone know if the guy in the new Nike adverts running and listening to music is Cillian Murphy, because it looks just like him but has an American accent?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.