Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be right back after these messages...
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 17 2010, 06:58 PM) *
Why don't they just say, 'Don't want to look a bit gay buying Dove at the supermarket but still want soft skin? Buy Dove, but with darker packaging. That'll trick them at the checkout, won't it? Yeah.'

Ah, the 'Pepsi Max/Coke Zero' approach to selling stuff to pillocks.
NiteFall
The new SpecSavers ad had me laughing today.
Everlong
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Mar 17 2010, 07:56 PM) *
The new SpecSavers ad had me laughing today.

The 'Lynx Effect' parody? 'tis amusing.
PrincessKate
The diet coke ad is scaring me.
logger
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 19 2010, 08:55 PM) *

That redhead is hot.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 19 2010, 08:55 PM) *

The one with puppet Sefi?

I quite like it.
Bloomeeney
The new Pepsi Max ad makes me wish there was an asteroid heading towards us bringing total destruction, if only to get rid of the 3 cnuts on the ad. Wankers!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Mar 21 2010, 02:28 AM) *
The one with puppet Sefi?

I quite like it.

I have a love/hate relationship with puppets.
PrincessKate
Seriously now, the blonde girl on the new Rimmel adverts? What is wrong with her face? Her teeth are all wrong, and good lipstick shade or no, she is not encouraging me to partake of their products.
Starscream`s Ghost
It's Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall's daughter, isn't it?
PrincessKate
So it is, they couldn't afford the attractive one then.
logger
She looks like Bridget Bardot got in a teleport machine with someone else, possibly retarded.
Llama
I've been wondering why they cast her for days. I thought the idea was to make people think they'd look attractive if they bought the stuff.
sleeping_pirate
I know 'odd-looking' models are used all the time, but she is terrible. The whole mouth is just wrong.
PrincessKate
She's not interesting looking, she's just wonky.
And sounds a bit like she may have been dropped on the head as a child.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 28 2010, 07:06 PM) *
I've been wondering why they cast her for days.

Because she's Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall's daughter.
Bloomeeney
Another one famous for being a child of famous and of no other talent whatsoever. Lets face it, if she wasn't Mick and Jerry's daughter, she would struggle to get a job in Top Shop.
Llama
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 28 2010, 08:05 PM) *
Because she's Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall's daughter.

But her face!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Llama @ Mar 28 2010, 11:15 PM) *
But her face!

I don't make the nepotism rules. biggrin.gif
PrincessKate
I hate the northern woman announcer on Comedy Central. That is all.
Sostie
That dubbed "Just For Men" girl isn't happy because her dad finally got a job. She's happy because at last he won't be moping round the house, pissed out of his head, physically taking his self loathing out on her.

Well, that's the backstory I imagine.

More ties bitch. Get me more ties.
PrincessKate
The 'Mum's dead.... Dad you really ought to be nailing someone else by now!' one is worse.
Sostie
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 31 2010, 03:52 PM) *
The 'Mum's dead.... Dad you really ought to be nailing someone else by now!' one is worse.

I imagine the same sort of story - Get dad a girlfriend or he'll continue to get drunk and pay us more attention than he really should.

In my world grey haired TV dads get drunk a lot.
Everlong
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 31 2010, 03:52 PM) *

Oh yeah, the Dad pimping one. Weird.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 31 2010, 03:43 PM) *
I hate the northern woman announcer on Comedy Central. That is all.

I hate the announcements for 'King Of Queens'. Doug is fat. We get it.

Whilst we are at it, I'd like to make another plea for E4 to stop using the Patrick Allen sound alike. It's a done joke, and wasn't that funny to begin with.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Mar 31 2010, 04:21 PM) *
I hate the announcements for 'King Of Queens'. Doug is fat. We get it.

Yes! The way she says "I know what you're all thinking - how did someone like Doug, get someone as beautiful as Carrie?"
1. Carrie is a shrew and
2. She's not that attractive in the grand scheme of things.

The Mattesons adverts freak me out, I think it's the 28 Days Later.../Dead Set vibe they have going on.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 31 2010, 09:19 PM) *
Yes! The way she says "I know what you're all thinking - how did someone like Doug, get someone as beautiful as Carrie?"
1. Carrie is a shrew and
2. She's not that attractive in the grand scheme of things.

I hate the MASH ones - the whole 'isn't war just hilarious?' vibe makes me feel a little ill. Have they not actually watched any of their own programmes?
PrincessKate
Comedy Central's a bit shit over all really, it has some excellent imports (30 Rock, new South Park) and great home grown stuff, mainly stand up shows like Edinburgh and Beyond, but persists in jamming shite down our necks.

I could write a short thesis on what's wrong with King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond etc.
PrincessKate
Has anyone else been a little bemused by this ad campaign coming so soon after this one?
Llama
Yes. That's exactly what I thought.
PrincessKate
Good, I thought it was just my dirty brain.

I don't think TANGFASTICS GIVE YOU CUMFACE!! was the intention.
Llama
My thought process was, "Where do I know that music from? I swear it was in another adv- ...ah." Then I sat there and felt uncomfortable as I watched the rest of the advert.
Wife Of Rolex
The adverts for Match.com.

An internet dating site which helps match up people through the internet by matching written information you've given about yourself on the internet because you're maybe not quite finding success in the plain old real world.

The advert shows a young man and woman meeting and getting along with natural rapport in the real world without a computer in sight.
logger
Is that the one that wants to be Once?
Zoe
That advert makes me want to drown things

I cannot stand people who are self-consciously twee and 'kooky' at the best of times, but that advert takes it to a whole new level of vom inducing soppy mawkish nonsense

I love Once
logger
Maybe the ad is saying that even people this annoying can find somebody.
Wife Of Rolex
What I'd have is two people on their laptops on a train or in a cafe, then spotting each other. They'd look back and forth at each other and their screens - nothing dopey or cute - before turning them round to reveal they looking at each other's profile - with photo. Rather than talk to each other, they turn the laptops back to themselves and they both click on the 'Interested' button.
Zoe
I'd have an exact recreation of the scene in the library with Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy in Pretty in Pink

Intranet dating
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 3 2010, 03:58 PM) *
I'd have an exact recreation of the scene in the library with Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy in Pretty in Pink

Intranet dating

Andrew McCarthy seems to be having a mini-renaissance.
Zoe
I'd give him a mini-renaissance
Starscream`s Ghost
Just realised where I know that twat off the 'ISA ISA' Halifax ad. It's Sally Sparrow's boyfriend.
PrincessKate
He's not really the twat in that advert, she is.
Starscream`s Ghost
Everyone in Halifax ad world is a twat.
PrincessKate
Her and the toenail woman, queens amongst twats.
logger
Was Benicio Del Toro just in a Magnum advert?
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Apr 4 2010, 09:31 PM) *
Just realised where I know that twat off the 'ISA ISA' Halifax ad. It's Sally Sparrow's boyfriend.

Oh noes! You're right. This makes me sad. Sally has gone to the Oscars and Larry's on fake bank radio.

My friend Ian is also in Blink, he owns the video shop. It is a pivotal role.
Bloomeeney
QUOTE (logger @ Apr 5 2010, 12:41 PM) *

Yep, I took a double-take too
blackcherry
QUOTE (logger @ Apr 5 2010, 12:41 PM) *

Whaaaa? I shall have to google that when I get home. The idea of Benicio Del Toro and a dark chocolate Magnum is just too exciting.
sweetbutinsane
It's for Magnum Gold. I actually thought it was a real trailer at first. laugh.gif
PrincessKate
The mum in the Sainsbury's advert doesn't spend much time with her daughter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.