Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be right back after these messages...
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
melzilla
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Sep 22 2010, 08:58 AM) *
The new Tetley advert is lovely.

It makes me smile. As does the Ikea kitty advert. Shameless and gratuitous cuteness!
PrincessKate
I don't think the creatives behind the use of Sugababes' Red Dress in a Special K advert have listened to the lyrics.
Bloomeeney
I quite like 'The Spenglers' despite the obvious 'Where the Wild Things Are' rip-off!
logger
Worst advert ever Makes the anti-2 blocks from ground zero community centre ad look classy. I'm going to increase my carbon footprint now, suck it polar bears.
Everlong
Explosive.

Erm, bit mad though ain't it?
PrincessKate
The Specsavers Mr Men ad is just brilliant. That music really takes me back to my childhood.
logger
I have seen Hell and it is the Jacob's Creek dinner party.
melzilla
The Bing Crosby Argos ad is ace.
Everlong
I normally hate Christmas adverts but I like it.
PrincessKate
The new IKEA advert is cool, and I just spotted Mr Lewie cameoing too!
sweetbutinsane
The advert for Cadburys Chocolate Fingers makes me happy.
logger
Snickers!
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 28 2010, 07:25 AM) *

Marvellous.
sweetbutinsane
It reminds me a bit of that Panda Cheese one.
Starscream`s Ghost
Anyone seen those "You Gotta LOL" ads that Kraft are putting out on the web?

Here's one.

Awful. Just awful. You gotta LOL? Nope.
logger
Scrabble advert
sweetbutinsane
^ Brilliant.

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Nov 4 2010, 01:10 PM) *
Anyone seen those "You Gotta LOL" ads that Kraft are putting out on the web?

Here's one.

Awful. Just awful. You gotta LOL? Nope.

That reminds me of an advert for some dieting thingy (may have been WeightWatchers) that was aired over here, with a blonde woman in it.

Both are equally unfunny.
zeden
"Hi, I'm Tom. I've been travelling around Spain, trying to take in a bit of the culture..."
I have seen this Microsoft advert more than fifty times thanks to thatguywiththeglasses.com having it before just about every video for the last month. At this point Tom can take his wanky attitude and hillariously lacking grasp of Spanish (a joke all the more terrible since they added subtitles for the ignorant) and shove them up his conker playing pooper.
The question I have is why are Microsoft advertising Hotmail now, do people really still not know it exists after all this time? It's not like anyone's likely to think "Oh, Excel spreadsheets in a browser! I'm going to close all my other email accounts and switch to Hotmail!".
PrincessKate
This does not stop me fancying him a bit though.
And what's the deal with the badly dubbed twins and the woman in the Febreeze advert? Are they her gimps?

PrincessKate
And the Jedward DS advert. Are they... are they giving each other the come-on in it?
You definitely need bunny ears. Ooh la la...
Raven
Roll on Friday, looking forward to the end of all the ridiculous perfume ads with C-List celebs rolling around on beaches or jumping out of swimming pools just to flog us a ratty little bottle of over-priced scent.

Also looking forward to seeing the back of the dreadful Tesco and Iceland ads.

Pity they will be replaced by sales ads . . . Which Argos have already started . . .
sweetbutinsane
Oh, how I hate the pretty girl in the Clearasil advert with one spot - bet she's never actually had one in her life. Bitch.
logger
QUOTE (Raven @ Dec 21 2010, 05:59 PM) *
Roll on Friday, looking forward to the end of all the ridiculous perfume ads with C-List celebs rolling around on beaches or jumping out of swimming pools just to flog us a ratty little bottle of over-priced scent.

I like the girl in the Nicole Richie adverts.
Raven
Oh, there is lot of flesh and pretty girls in these adverts, but it's getting waaaaay past silly - everyone with a semi-famous name seems to be selling some kind of smelly this year.

Established fashion houses like Channel I can forgive (especially the Audrey Tautou advert), but there are far to many scents labelled with the names of OK and Hello favs that are frankly just taking the piss.

Hell, Diesel - yes DIESEL! - the company that until recently was famous for making tractors and boots have go in on the act - wtf?!
maian
I'm pretty sure that Diesel, the Italian clothing manufacturer, has never been involved in making tractors. I do find it very funny that their homepage has the words: Diesel - the keans, clothes, shoes and distractions company, not the fuel running along the top of the page.
PrincessKate
I find it quite odd that, when I wake up around 5am (which is often) the advert breaks are often filled with public information films, particularly the beach safety one. Rather incongruous.
PrincessKate
That new Butlin's ad backed by Dust in the Wind is really depressing, and does not make me want to go on holiday there.
Raven
Really liking the More Than Freeman adverts, very clever.
blackcherry
QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 6 2011, 11:05 AM) *
Really liking the More Than Freeman adverts, very clever.

Me too. More Than seem to be pretty good at adverts.
bigfatrich
The Blackberry Torch ad can fuck right off.
NiteFall
The new BBC Comedy ad with Peter Capaldi is fantastic.
GundamGuy_UK
That new Boots ad is straight from the 1950s, and not in a good way.

"When he's ill, you can't afford to be"
Atara
It says 'when he is ill, and you can't afford to be' I think.

That one word difference makes it sound very different. I thought the advert was more of a dig at 'man flu' type things.
GundamGuy_UK
Did it? Maybe I misheard it.

I didn't get the man flu vibe, because they didn't mention the husband at all until the end. It's not as bad as other ads, it just seemed an odd choice of content.
Atara
They spend the entire advert listing all of the tasks they are doing and that they are fine despite being visibly ill, then one of them mentions that she has bought cold and flu stuff for her man who is at home in bed with 'a cold', even though she is clearly very ill too but is soldiering on, still going to work at 5am etc.

http://www.malehealth.co.uk/content/snap-s...y-offensive-men Looks like it has been picked up on, you can view the advert here, too.

GundamGuy_UK
Yeah, that's totally not the ad I thought I saw when it was on TV.
I mean, it was literally that advert - I just wasn't paying enough attention it seems.

I retract my first post on the subject =P
Zoe
It's just as sexist, just in the new 'men are lazy/stupid' category of adverts.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Jan 3 2011, 05:16 PM) *
That new Butlin's ad backed by Dust in the Wind is really depressing, and does not make me want to go on holiday there.

It's trying to be like 'Where the Wild Things Are', isn't it? Not such much 'Hi-de-Hi', more 'hipster rubbish taking itself too seriously'.
ella
On the Confused.com advert.... where does she get that microphone from...?

Wrong.
logger
I like the way the cartoons dance.
Everlong
QUOTE (ella @ Jan 12 2011, 01:50 PM) *

Wrong.

And the laptop in the other ad.

TARDIS in the undies.
sweetbutinsane
Envirofone advert makers sure are cashing in on the Wonga guy...
blackcherry
QUOTE (ella @ Jan 12 2011, 01:50 PM) *

Wrong.

I pointed that out to Niel the other day. It's a cartoon - a microphone could have just appeared next to her, they did not need to make it look like she pulled a rather large microphone stand out of her faff.
logger
I want Iggy Pop's bed.
ella
Wow - New Aviva advert took me by surprise. Little cry.
Everlong
QUOTE (ella @ Jan 17 2011, 09:33 PM) *

I just saw that. Quite different for Whitehouse and the comedic Aviva ads, and a bit sad too.
Jimmay
QUOTE (ella @ Jan 17 2011, 09:33 PM) *

Just looked that up and wish I hadn't. Very sad.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Everlong @ Jan 17 2011, 11:12 PM) *
I just saw that. Quite different for Whitehouse and the comedic Aviva ads, and a bit sad too.

Doesn't surprise me, actually. Whitehouse is a git for making me laugh and then cry.

See?
PrincessKate
Those Direct Line ads with Chris Addison are painfully realistic.
sweetbutinsane
The superhero Innocent smoothie advert makes me happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.