Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be right back after these messages...
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
logger
QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 21 2007, 10:23 PM)
I reckon Gandalf would be a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan on the quiet.

I don't know, with all that weed he smokes I think he'd be a dub head.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 21 2007, 10:12 PM)
Maybe I asked for it...

Like that Legolas stand-up I inexplicably got one birthday.

Or like the Angel stand up I got my sister. Ever tried running for a bus with one of those under you arm?
thirtyhelens
QUOTE (logger @ Jun 21 2007, 01:28 PM)
I don't know, with all that weed he smokes I think he'd be a dub head.

Cypress Hill.

Nothing like it when you're cuttin' on some Orcs.
Zoe
You know when you see an advert for the first few times, and it's really long, and you know they've spent a fortune on it, and it's going to be on for an eternity?

The new Vodaphone advert about having the internet on your phone...

- The fucking awful song about 'April Showers'

- The irritatingly sincere Judi Dench voiceover

- The fact that a cog falling from that height would go straight through your skull

- Plus, it makes no sense. How does having the internet on your mobile give you more time? It's utterly impractical, surely anyone who needs it has a blackberry or a laptop with wireless access?

In other news, in an age where climate change and carbon footprints are the unfortunate buzzwords of the day, how come we have a car ad promoting pointless late night driving with the slogan, "when was the last time you just went for a drive"?
stinketta
That bloody Oatabix advert annoys the shit out of me. I don't think I have to explain why.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 22 2007, 01:10 PM)
Angel stand up

My friend left her's unattended at their student house. It didn't end well...
Jubei
QUOTE (stinketta @ Jun 25 2007, 02:23 AM)
That bloody Oatabix advert annoys the shit out of me. I don't think I have to explain why.

I agree. Apart from the fact that they all look like smug gits, why exactly is the lorry driver in charge of naming new products anyway and/or why would he care?

QUOTE (Zoe)
- The fact that a cog falling from that height would go straight through your skull

I thought that. The next time I saw it I thought, hang on, are they advertising the fact that now, even when you're on the bus you can be working away. Do we not get any time to just sit and relax, now wherever we are not only do we have the potential for someone to ring us up, but now if we're not being rung up, we should searching out information on the web. Fuck off!

It is a pretty advert though.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 25 2007, 01:39 AM)
- Plus, it makes no sense. How does having the internet on your mobile give you more time? It's utterly impractical, surely anyone who needs it has a blackberry or a laptop with wireless access?

That's my main beef with it. I genuinely think people's lives are become more hectic because of stuff like this. While I love having access to the internet and a mobile phone and instant messaging programs, being able to turn off is equally good. Fireman James, for example, is wired in 24-7; if he's on MSN he's receiving texts every 15 minutes, surfing the net and watching Scrubs. Then he complains that he never has any peace and quiet.
gulfcoast_highwayman
From watching one advert for laser vision correction, I wonder if my short sightidness qualifies me as disabled.

All the things those folks on the advert do after their surgery; bike riding! swimming! dog walking!

Curse my weak eyes!
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jun 25 2007, 03:37 PM)
All the things those folks on the advert do after their surgery; bike riding! swimming! dog walking!

Being Jonathon Edwards!

I think I'll keep my glasses.
Zoe
The advert for the Ken Russell season on More4 is incredibly clever, but scares the shit out of me.
fear_of_pop
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 25 2007, 10:05 PM)
The advert for the Ken Russell season on More4 is incredibly clever, but scares the shit out of me.

Christ alive, me too.

I think that Vodaphone watch bits ad is really beautiful.

As is the new Dolce & Gabbana one. But for different reasons.
(Said reasons being a man in tiny pants on a boat.)
Zoe
I hate the watch bits advert, it's made worse by the fact it must have cost a fortune so it'll be on forever.

Scenes from 'Women in Love', 'The Devils' and 'Crimes of Passion' acted out by little people in Ken Russell masks? Terrifying. I have to admit the first time I saw the opening scenes of the trail (before I knew what it was for) I thought it was going to be some kind of 'Don't Look Now' reference.

I wonder if that's what his dreams really look like?
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Jun 25 2007, 09:40 AM)
My friend left her's unattended at their student house. It didn't end well...

I love this photo, I like the way in which it has the belt and braces vampire killing of setting him on fire and driving a stake through him as well.
Jubei
Does anyone know what the music in the new Fiat Bravo adverts is?
Blind I/O
The current Hyundai ad is amazing. Is that really what American cars ads are like, or is it a joke?
Jimmay
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 25 2007, 12:39 AM)

I have always hated that song ever since it was on one of the Disney sing-along viedos at my Nan's house when I was about 7. My sister loved it because it was on Bambi and used to sing it all the time. I however wanted to sing the Bear Necessities. And who can blame me really?
rebelstar
QUOTE (Jubei @ Jun 26 2007, 10:04 PM)
Does anyone know what the music in the new Fiat Bravo adverts is?

Have you checked on Commercial Beats And Breaks?
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 25 2007, 12:39 AM)

I keep expecting a hip hop beat to kick in behind it. Is there such a remix? I feel like I've heard one...
Jubei
QUOTE (rebelstar @ Jun 27 2007, 11:40 AM)
Have you checked on Commercial Beats And Breaks?

Thanks. but it isn't on there. I also tried some other websites last night called www.whatsthatcalled.com, www.uktvadverts.com and visit4info.com but although the last site has it listed, it doesn't mention the music. It may just be music made specially for the advert but I quite like it. Click that last link to see which advert I mean.
Drifter
The Oasis fruit drink with the clown made me laugh first time seeing it but now the magic has worn off.... as has the ICS I C yes you can! She needs shooting.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Jun 27 2007, 01:08 PM)
I keep expecting a hip hop beat to kick in behind it. Is there such a remix? I feel like I've heard one...

That could be the Singin' in the Rain one you're thinking of.
Kirstie
The new advert for Shreddies is lovely. I like the idea that grannies knit Shreddies.
Twinkle
Those new ads for getting a new kitchen or bathroom (can't remember the company name). The couple in the kitchen are really going for each other, I honestly though it was going to be about domestic violence when I first saw it ohmy.gif

There's another one where the wife is kicking off at her husband for not putting the toilet seat down. The poor woman looks like she's going to have a nervous breakdown.
Wife Of Rolex
MFI will get chav couples going round its stores looking at what kitchen suits their style of violence best.

Her: 'This one's nice. I can see me stabbing you in this one.'

Him: 'Yeah, and the surfaces are easy to clean so mopping up blood wouldn't be a big problem.'

Wife Of Rolex
logger
All HSBC ads are shit.
Dorf
QUOTE (logger @ Jul 6 2007, 10:07 PM)
All HSBC ads are shit.

I raise you Halifax.
Celticstar
what nic kidman doing in a ds ad? i'm sure he's got enough money to pay for his rehab.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Dixons should hang their heads in shame for the fucking disgrace that is their new campaign.

It's got three actors playing some kind of research/development team within the company and is arse of the first order. They've even made the least attractive one a bumbling oaf for 'comedy' effect.
Drifter
I dont know if I like the continuing Corsa adverts "c'monnnnn" it is starting to grate on me now Ive noticed, as for Dixons, I havent seen them, possibly for the best judging from the sounds of it.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Jul 7 2007, 08:18 AM)
Dixons should hang their heads in shame for the fucking disgrace that is their new campaign.

It's got three actors playing some kind of research/development team within the company and is arse of the first order. They've even made the least attractive one a bumbling oaf for 'comedy' effect.

It's like the advertising company behind it has said, 'Let's make the people who work at the higher end of Dixons and hired us to do this campaign look a bunch of twats and see if they notice.'

Wife Of Rolex
Shack
Now I don't go to the cinema very often, but last night I did and it was revealed that the ghost of Bob Monkhouse is raising awareness of prostate cancer.

I was terrified.

It's the first time I've been haunted.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Shack @ Aug 2 2007, 12:05 PM)
Now I don't go to the cinema very often, but last night I did and it was revealed that the ghost of Bob Monkhouse is raising awareness of prostate cancer.

I was terrified.

Me too. Your posts make it sound a bit like he gave you a ghostly exam.
Starscream`s Ghost
I wonder why Tennant's doing the new Argos ad in his 'Doctor' voice?
Zoe
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Aug 2 2007, 01:16 PM)
I wonder why Tennant's doing the new Argos ad in his 'Doctor' voice?

I considered posting exactly the same thing.

Do you pay extra for that association I wonder?

As if his real voice isn't 100 times better.
Jubei
QUOTE (Drifter @ Jul 8 2007, 03:09 PM)
I dont know if I like the continuing Corsa adverts "c'monnnnn" it is starting to grate on me now Ive noticed, as for Dixons, I havent seen them, possibly for the best judging from the sounds of it.

That latest as, am I right in thinking that the woman has just had some kind of 'relation' with the fluffly toy, nicked his car, and he's got all his mates together to chase after her and get the car back, before flashing her in the street. Does that mean Corsa drivers like having sex with toys? Ade, what do you drive?
Jimmay
QUOTE (Jubei @ Aug 2 2007, 01:05 PM)
  Does that mean Corsa drivers like having sex with toys?

I don't "like" it...
Wife Of Rolex
Hobbes also has a Corsa, doesn't he? It's the Spaced Out car of choice.
gulfcoast_highwayman
Remind me again, why was it banned?

Also, is it John Fortune?
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 2 2007, 02:52 PM)

I think - I think - it's got something to do with the blacked up white man.
maian
QUOTE (Shack @ Aug 2 2007, 12:05 PM)

I was terrified.

I saw that last week and even though I had read about them I still wasn't quite prepared for it. It's just very, very creepy.
NiteFall
Brylcreem- "Everyone knows a bloke like Mickey"

No. I don't. Because I don't associate with self-obsessed preening wankers.
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Zoe @ Aug 2 2007, 01:20 PM)
Do you pay extra for that association I wonder?

I wouldn't have thought so, after all, the voice is his creation.
logger
Do an Asda ad and die!
PrincessKate
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Aug 4 2007, 01:32 AM)

I loathe that a little bit more everytime I see it.
Still disliking that Girls Aloud ad with the (I think) very mannish woman.
I like the way they've reinstated It overtakes me on that beer ad I can never remember the name of (becks?).
bigfatrich
The new advert with Sarah Jessica Parker can fuck right off. What a pile of dog shit.
NiteFall
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Aug 9 2007, 07:47 PM)
Sarah Jessica Parker can fuck right off. What a pile of dog shit.

Fixed.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Aug 9 2007, 07:47 PM)
The new advert with Sarah Jessica Parker can fuck right off. What a pile of dog shit.

How the fuck has that horse-faced harridan had the brass neck to call her perfume 'Lovely'?
Jubei
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Aug 4 2007, 01:32 AM)

100% agree. The advert is all the more annoying for the fact that he clearly isn't attempting to act in the advert. Basically, he ignores whatever goes on around him and stares just off the camera. If you met that guy in real life, you'd think he was a bit retarded 'cause he kept looking the wrong way and grinning wistfully when you tried to say something. Thank god I don't know anyone like Mickey.
Sostie
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 2 2007, 01:52 PM)

Benson & Hedges letting themselves be called a "fag company" in a advert. It's like Carlsberg calling themselves a "booze company". Or MacDonalds a "shit factory".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.