Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be right back after these messages...
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Ingram
QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 28 2008, 09:02 PM)
Sorry for the double post, but I have to ask... Is anyone else completely terrified of the new Lynx advert? The last shot is the worst, when his arm gets pulled off. Me scared  sad.gif

I first saw that advert at the cinema. Put it this way, it's not any less weird in the dark, on a massive screen, with surround sound.
bigfatrich
Does anyone know what the music used on the Direct Line adverts (the slow motion bricks falling on the car & the shef unit smashing) is? Commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk doesn't seem to have a conclusive answer.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Jan 31 2008, 09:43 AM)
Does anyone know what the music used on the Direct Line adverts (the slow motion bricks falling on the car & the shef unit smashing) is?  Commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk doesn't seem to have a conclusive answer.

You know? I think I might have the album it's on.

Can't remember the tune though. When I next see it on I'll double check.
bigfatrich
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Jan 31 2008, 11:58 AM)
You know? I think I might have the album it's on.

Can't remember the tune though. When I next see it on I'll double check.

Sweet. Some people seem to think it's Pink Floyd, but no-one seems 100% sure it is.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Jan 31 2008, 01:14 PM)
Sweet.  Some people seem to think it's Pink Floyd, but no-one seems 100% sure it is.

It's not been on yet. I have seen a million ads for Shoe Tailor and Park Hampers though.

Incidentally, a friend of mine is in the earlier Park ad.
Wife Of Rolex
Anyone know the music on the Toshiba ads?
bigfatrich
This website will probably help you out.
Jubei
QUOTE (Llama @ Jan 28 2008, 09:02 PM)
Sorry for the double post, but I have to ask... Is anyone else completely terrified of the new Lynx advert? The last shot is the worst, when his arm gets pulled off. Me scared  sad.gif

The bit that bothers me is the hand wiggling in the gift box for the woman at hospital. What's he planning on doing with that hand?
Shack
QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 4 2008, 04:57 PM)
The bit that bothers me is the hand wiggling in the gift box for the woman at hospital. What's he planning on doing with that hand?

I hear what you're saying.

Which, in that case, makes it wierd that she laughs at him.

Unless she's got a tickly fanny.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Feb 4 2008, 03:44 PM)
This website will probably help you out.

It's not on there sadly, but I'll check again in the future.

Cheers.

QUOTE (Shack @ Feb 4 2008, 05:07 PM)
Unless she's got a tickly fanny.

I pity the woman who doesn't have a tickly fanny.
maian
Is that some of Mark Mothersbaugh's score to The Life Aquatic playing on the new Honda ad? I approve.
curtinparloe
QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Jan 31 2008, 01:14 PM)
Sweet.  Some people seem to think it's Pink Floyd, but no-one seems 100% sure it is.

Bah, it's not Pink Floyd. It is, however, extremely similar to early Floyd (possibly Ummagumma if memory serves), and I have a sneaking suspicion it's been composed for the ad.
Shack
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 4 2008, 06:27 PM)
I pity the woman who doesn't have a tickly fanny.

I think I meant ticklish rather than sensitive.

You wouldn't want to be giggling everytime you had sex. Unless, of course, it was reallllllllllly funny.
Zoe
He's presenting his hand as a box of chocolates isn't he? Not giving the gift of fingering.

Occasional laughter during sex is OK, but if you do it every time boys start to get paranoid.
Shack
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 5 2008, 10:46 AM)
He's presenting his hand as a box of chocolates isn't he? Not giving the gift of fingering.

Occasional laughter during sex is OK, but if you do it every time boys start to get paranoid.

Why yes, but the box of chocolates reminded me of fingering for some reason. Note I have never been fingered by a chocolate handed man.
Zoe
QUOTE (Shack @ Feb 5 2008, 10:49 AM)
Note I have never been fingered by a chocolate handed man.

You haven't lived.
Rua
I like a giggler.
Shack
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 5 2008, 10:52 AM)
You haven't lived.

That's a bit like saying "You're pasty".

I don't think I want fingering by any man, regardless of what his fingers are made of.
Jubei
Why yes, but the box of chocolates reminded me of fingering for some reason. Note I have never been fingered by a chocolate handed man.

I thought so too, you're not alone. It's the way he's wiggling his fingers and grinning. He's just said 'Haha, you thought it was a box of chocolates, but I'm gonna give you a good fingering now instead.'
Zoe
QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 5 2008, 11:50 AM)
'Haha, you thought it was a box of chocolates, but I'm gonna give you a good fingering now instead.'

I am giggling now!
Sostie
I thought so too, you're not alone.  It's the way he's wiggling his fingers and grinning.  He's just said 'Haha, you thought it was a box of chocolates, but I'm gonna give you a good fingering now instead.'

Have you seen the "hard" post watershed Euro version? He's clenching his fist.
Shack
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 5 2008, 12:01 PM)
Have you seen the "hard" post watershed Euro version?  He's clenching his fist.

And wearing Alvin Stardust type rings.
Sostie
QUOTE (Shack @ Feb 5 2008, 12:03 PM)
And wearing Alvin Stardust type rings.

I wanna be your coo-ca-choo
Starscream`s Ghost
You must be out of your tiny minds!
Rebus
I just saw that Gorilla Cadbury ad. Pointless, but brilliant, not sure why.
Wife Of Rolex
Why yes, but the box of chocolates reminded me of fingering for some reason.
I thought so too, you're not alone.  It's the way he's wiggling his fingers and grinning.

You've been fingering the wrong hole.

I.Feel.So.Dirty.
Sostie
That mobile phone advert where the woman paints her wall different colours, leading to someone shooting some streamer, and then rolling of carpet and then raising of banners...god it's twee, boring, irritating shit isn't it?
Wife Of Rolex
I hate that Flash advert with the dad and son watching the football. No-one watches a football match on TV - either at home or in the pub - wigging along to the action like a twat...unless they're a twat.
Sostie
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 5 2008, 07:26 PM)
I hate that Flash advert with the dad and son watching the football. No-one watches a football match on TV - either at home or in the pub - wigging along to the action like a twat...unless they're a twat.

And it subscribes to the Advertising Standards rules regarding the "make-up" of a family, whereby 95% of advertisements featuring married couples must consist of an overweight, usually balding husband, and a slightly MILFy wife.
Zoe
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 5 2008, 07:21 PM)
That mobile phone advert where the woman paints her wall different colours, leading to someone shooting some streamer, and then rolling of carpet and then raising of banners...god it's twee, boring, irritating shit isn't it?

And so irresponsible, rolling that carpet down steps? Dropping breezeblocks on the pavement? They could have killed someone.

Fucking hippies.

Brooker has it right, as ever...

Right now, there's a rash of commercials which combine "twee" with "patronising" - "tweetronising" if you like, although that's quite tweetronising in itself. You can spot a tweetronising commercial a mile off - it'll have a modern folk music backing track, a cast of non-threatening urban hippy replicants, and a drowsy hello-birds-hello-sky overall attitude that makes you want to chase it down an alleyway and kick it until the police arrive.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Sostie @ Feb 5 2008, 07:32 PM)
And it subscribes to the Advertising Standards rules regarding the "make-up" of a family, whereby 95% of advertisements featuring married couples must consist of an overweight, usually balding husband, and a slightly MILFy wife.

That's my other gripe with that ad. The wife's 'surprise' that they'd done the cleaning and that the boys just watch football.
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 5 2008, 07:37 PM)
And so irresponsible, rolling that carpet down steps? Dropping breezeblocks on the pavement? They could have killed someone.

Fucking hippies.

Brooker has it right, as ever...

Brooker truthed us. He truthed us good. (still not sure about his anti-flat cap stance though)

Nice to see "twee" making a comeback. Blame Juno.
Zoe
Run for your life, bikini girl

curtinparloe
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 8 2008, 06:01 PM)
Run for your life, bikini girl

She's clearly impervious to Lynx.
empathy-with-beast
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Feb 8 2008, 06:09 PM)
She's clearly impervious to Lynx.

Or she's letting the middle one finger her.

Chocolate finger her.

Because it's in her bum.

Bum
maian
That picture just makes them look like Doctor Who villains.

In fact, a plotline in which a doederant turns men into chocolate killing/fingering machines would be a damn sight better than some of Series 3 of New Who.
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 8 2008, 07:05 PM)

In fact, a plotline in which a doederant turns men into chocolate killing/fingering machines would be a damn sight better than some of Series 3 of New Who.

I'm going to be imagining David Tennant saying the word 'fingering' in his Doctor voice now.

"Fiiingerinnng."
maian
If they teamed up with the Burger King plastic mascot we could have a truly terrifying episode on our hands. Cold dead eyes...
Zoe
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 8 2008, 07:22 PM)
"Fiiingerinnng."

*bang*

That was me landing on the floor.

They should do a new version of the Happiness Patrol, with these guys as the Kandy Men.
Omniscia
I see the Lynx adverts are just as suggestive as the Axe adverts are over here.

Are they anywhere near as irritating, degrading, and/or just plain embarrassing?

I'm sure Hillary did not give her blessing for this...
Zoe
They vary in quality, sometimes they're brilliant, either way they're certainly an institution.

I don't think they're in any way offensive.

Is Axe the American name for Lynx? Strange that they'd bother changing it.

'Perfect Woman'

They're done with a sense of fun I'd say and the guys are often portrayed as a bit loser-ish - or they're Ben Affleck.

The girl equivalent are always so soppy. Alyssa loves this Impulse one!

Where are the ones where the guys take their shirts off and mob us? Or would that look too much like gang rape?
Sostie
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 8 2008, 08:41 PM)
Is Axe the American name for Lynx? Strange that they'd bother changing it.

It is...same packaging and lettering, and smell.

It will go the way of Marathon/Snickers and Jiff/Cif Ieventually. However, I don't think Brits would take a deoderant with a macho name like "Axe" seriously. Much better we associate our deoderant with a large, smelly wild beast.
Zoe
It looks like the American advertising is different from the UK made ads, which are more tongue in cheek.
Omniscia
Yeah, Axe is the North American Lynx.

It's not the guys I'm worried about. I just find the portrayal of the women in the ads crass and tacky. They're little more than brainless sex addicts who gyrate and quite literally shake their arses at the first scent of Axe.

Actually, if anything offends me, it's that I'm apparently expected to respond positively to that notion and purchase their product. It reduces men and women to nothing but raw libido.
Sostie
QUOTE (Omniscia @ Feb 8 2008, 08:52 PM)
raw libido.

Great name for a deoderant.
Zoe
Personally I don't find the way women are portrayed in Lynx adverts as offensive. Like I say, it's all a bit of fun over here, I don't think anyone takes the adverts seriously. They're sort of taking the piss out of 'the Lynx effect' really. Everyone knows there is no real Lynx effect, so they ramp it up more and more. Till we get to Billions, which is a really well made advert.

Then they have the sillier ones, like Pulse, which was massively popular.

The women aren't always just bikini clad nymphos, in the anti-perspirant ones seem to put the woman in a more central role. Like this one for Lynx Dry, and the new one with the guy who keeps fish alive under his arms. I guess because their message isn't 'smell nice and women will flock to you' (like the deodorant ads), but more 'if you're a sweaty bastard girls won't fancy you'.
logger
QUOTE (Zoe @ Feb 8 2008, 06:01 PM)

Bikini girl just looks bored.
Home-Sliced06
QUOTE (maian @ Feb 8 2008, 08:05 PM)

Raven
A local beauty salon has a new Roy Lichtenstein style pop-art window sign with the slogan "Inner beauty won't get you laid" - a nice positive message for young girls to be growing up with . . .
logger
It's true though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.