Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be right back after these messages...
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Mar 26 2008, 05:30 PM)
Is it wrong that every time I see the new NSPCC advert, I finish the first sentence the same way:

"All little Johnny has to look forward to when he gets home is anger, pain, fear, aggression.
Watercolours?
It's a little bit more complex than that."

Like sausages.
PrincessKate
The hand-face maths adverts are quite cool but also incredibly frightening, especially hand-face headmaster.
Henry Krinkle
I just saw the new Clearasil advert the other day.
It's possibly the most weirdly sexy thing I've seen on TV for a while. Especially the way the girl says "Oh yeah" to her Mum.
Her Mum!

It made me wonder if Biactol still exists as a product, because I can't remember the last time I saw them do an advert.
princess_shrek
I'm loving the new Cadbury's Dairy Milk advert smile.gif
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 30 2008, 12:55 PM)
The hand-face maths adverts are quite cool but also incredibly frightening, especially hand-face headmaster.

The other ones aimed at school-leavers but from the same scheme, are very irritating. Do kids only respond to ads which are voiced over by Dizzee Rascal soundalikes?

Yeah, like, it's your choice man innit bruv?

Wha-evs.
maian
The Oxi-Clean ad, rather than convincing me to buy their product, has actually convinced me that no such product exists. It's so ineptly made that I can't help but think that it's a parody.
Llama
The Airwaves advert pisses me off so much.

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Mar 30 2008, 04:15 PM)
Do kids only respond to ads which are voiced over by Dizzee Rascal soundalikes?

Yes boooiiii! Propa troofs.

...blat blat.
Drifter
QUOTE (princess_shrek @ Mar 30 2008, 02:14 PM)
I'm loving the new Cadbury's Dairy Milk advert smile.gif

It is rather nifty!

CADBURYS TRUCKS
Jubei
Cool, I haven't seen that on TV yet.
curtinparloe
I love the new BBC iplayer promo.
Rua
QUOTE (Drifter @ Mar 31 2008, 06:46 PM)
It is rather nifty!

CADBURYS TRUCKS

Hmmm.

Seems a load of balls to me.
monkeyman
Doesnt even have a cool ending.
Kick in the Head
Scotch Video Tapes - stop-motion skellingtons aplenty...

And on, And on, And Ariston... - before Michel Gondry, there was this...which used the RoboCop video game music for reasons I could never explain...
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Apr 3 2008, 08:30 PM)
Scotch Video Tapes - stop-motion skellingtons aplenty...

It's a good measure of how much of my life I've wasted that I still sing the words of that advert to 'Not Fade Away' instead of the true words.
Rua
And on, And on, And Ariston... - before Michel Gondry, there was this...which used the RoboCop video game music for reasons I could never explain...

Brilliant. Yeah, I remember being confused about the use of that tune as well.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (Drifter @ Mar 31 2008, 07:46 PM)

I like! The photography is spectacular, which makes it work. The fact it's SO overblown and cinematic and seemingly irrelevant is why it works.

Absolute classics, both.
ipse dixit
QUOTE (Drifter @ Mar 31 2008, 06:46 PM)

Cool, works well. I was in the market research panel when they were putting it together; they listened to us in terms of how it ends, but they've switched the music - it was The Final Countdown when we were talking to them.
Rua
Is that the girl from The IT Crowd in a Maltesers ad?

I think it is.
zeden
The Eastenders advert with Bianca singing hurts my brains.
melzilla
QUOTE (zeden @ Apr 4 2008, 10:35 PM)
The Eastenders advert with Bianca singing hurts my brains.

For more tone deaf cockney warbling...'I'd do anything' is on BBC1 right now!
zeden
QUOTE (melzilla @ Apr 5 2008, 06:16 PM)
For more tone deaf cockney warbling...'I'd do anything' is on BBC1 right now!

JOY! Up the apples and pears! OI OI! biggrin.gif

Just saw that Cadbury advert. Wholely unimpressed, as I was with the gorilla playing the drums. Use of that bloody Queen track, something that's been thoroughly done to death since SOTD, helped decrease an already waning enjoyment of the song. Can't see the appeal in watching advertisers throw huge amounts of money better spent elsewhere on over blown, ultimately irrelivant, ads.
Twinkle
QUOTE (Rua @ Apr 4 2008, 08:29 PM)
Is that the girl from The IT Crowd in a Maltesers ad?

I think it is.

It is, and her mate's from Man Stroke Woman
Jubei
QUOTE (zeden @ Apr 6 2008, 12:52 PM)
Can't see the appeal in watching advertisers throw huge amounts of money better spent elsewhere on over blown, ultimately irrelivant, ads.

Do you feel the same way about the Sony Bravia ads, the Balls, Paint and Bunnys ones, or the Honda ones? Personally I like these ads. They aren't 'in your face advertising' like all the financial services ads. I see them as little bits of filmic whimsy that are entirely in-offensive in the breaks between proper TV. It's more about brand awareness than any specific message isn't it?
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Mar 30 2008, 12:59 PM)
I just saw the new Clearasil advert the other day.
It's possibly the most weirdly sexy thing I've seen on TV for a while. Especially the way the girl says "Oh yeah" to her Mum.

That was just on Sky 2, and they cut off the 'Oh yeah...' bit!

It's a bloody outrage. Like you, I think it's just about the sexiest advert on telly; and, as a colossal pervert, there's some competition for that title.
NiteFall
Jackie Chan in Woolworths adverts?
What.The. Fuck?
Zoe
QUOTE (Jubei @ Apr 7 2008, 01:54 PM)
Do you feel the same way about the Sony Bravia ads, the Balls, Paint and Bunnys ones, or the Honda ones?  Personally I like these ads.  They aren't 'in your face advertising' like all the financial services ads.  I see them as little bits of filmic whimsy that are entirely in-offensive in the breaks between proper TV.  It's more about brand awareness than any specific message isn't it?

I can't bear whimsical advertising. I'd rather have Cillit Bang or Woolite any day. In all seriousness though, you can strengthen a brand message in a stylish, intelligent and humourous way without being completely irrelevant and not featuring the product. Stella Artois is a great example of that.

The current Cadbury's ones don't so much bother me because they have nothing to do with selling chocolate, but more because they make it more likely I'll hear Phil Collins or Queen on a daily basis. I actually didn't know what the trucks ad was for before reading this thread, because hearing Queen makes me switch channels almost Pavlovianly.
maian
Usher's got a fragrance now? I wonder if it burns.
PrincessKate
Oh no, ColinandFergus, don't advertise Pot Noodle.
Silly boys.
princess_shrek
OK it's trailer rather than an advert, but I'm loving the trailer for the new series of Have I Got News For You smile.gif
PrincessKate
The new Sure advert with the ghost train is terrifying but I don't think its for the reasons intended...
Twinkle
QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Apr 16 2008, 12:24 AM)
The new Sure advert with the ghost train is terrifying but I don't think its for the reasons intended...

They showed that twice in a row when I went to see Son of Rambow. You're right it is terrifying, especially the Shining-style little brother on the bike huh.gif
Drifter
QUOTE (NiteFall @ Apr 10 2008, 06:08 PM)
Jackie Chan in Woolworths adverts?
What.The. Fuck?

Cant of fallen on hard times already
melzilla
Dryer balls from JML. Heee-larious!
Drifter
Now Darth Vader is doing Woolworths ads
logger
I wish I had grown up in the Mario Cart Wii family. Maybe I wouldn't be such a fuck up now.
Miss Shazam
QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Mar 23 2007, 03:52 PM)
I like the new BUPA ads. They remind me of the Mr Men cartoons.

Yeah, they're quite sweet, and I used to love Mr Men.
The proper Arthur Lowe episodes though, the newer ones were positively shit.

Oh, and what actually IS the deal with the crimping in the Sugar Puff ads?

AMY XXX biggrin.gif
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Apr 18 2008, 02:18 PM)
Oh, and what actually IS the deal with the crimping in the Sugar Puff ads?

It's what is known as 'Ad men being the unimaginative bastards they are, and jumping on something that they're seen on TV, rather than coming up with something themselves'. Of course, they'll claim they've never heard of the Mighty Boosh...
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Miss Shazam @ Apr 18 2008, 02:18 PM)
I used to love Mr Men.
The proper Arthur Lowe episodes

I still have an old 12" LP of Mr Men stories read by Arthur Lowe that I used to listen to as a kid.
maian
The Blockbuster ad they're currently running for the DVD release of Lions For Lambs is probably the most misleading advertisement for a film I have ever seen. They show close-ups of the cast, put in some dramatic music and heavily feature the action sequences (which make up hardly any of the actual film) and hide the fact that it's a very talky film. You've got to give them points for brazen lying.
rabbit57i
Top 10 Most Controversal Ads
Rua
QUOTE (rabbit57i @ Apr 30 2008, 04:13 PM)

I really don't like that Rustlers ad, but I wouldn't have thought it as controversial. Just stupid.
maian
The advert for the Radio 1 roadshow actually makes me feel sick. It's just so fucking awful.
Zoe
The Kooks?!!

FUCK OFF
Serafina_Pekkala
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Apr 18 2008, 02:38 PM)
I still have an old 12" LP of Mr Men stories read by Arthur Lowe that I used to listen to as a kid.

I have the same/similar album I think. I loved the way Lowe said "Mr Bump".
maian
QUOTE (Zoe @ May 8 2008, 08:02 PM)
The Kooks?!!

''I think I'm going to be sick!''

I know how she feels.
Zoe
Shut up!!! That is ridiculous!!!!

quite
curtinparloe
I'm liking the new BBC HD advert. It will probably get annoying though.
Jessopjessopjessop
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ May 9 2008, 12:56 PM)
I'm liking the new BBC HD advert. It will probably get annoying though.

Superb, Fiona Bruce should present the news like that ALL THE TIME.
Rua
Is that part of the score from Batman Forever they are using?
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (maian @ May 8 2008, 07:59 PM)
The advert for the Radio 1 roadshow actually makes me feel sick. It's just so fucking awful.

That was the most awful advert. Not so much hyping the event but hyping the Maidstone crowd. Catching a few clips here and there over the weekend the audience seemed very lacklustre.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.