Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We'll be right back after these messages...
Spaced Out Forum > Media > Media
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
curtinparloe
The drumming gorilla works better with the new music. I'm still unsure why.
Sostie
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Sep 7 2008, 11:22 PM)

I saw that the other day and thought "lazy ad agency".

And then it was followed by the ad with the airport vehicles racing to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" but this time they used Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer"!

Then they had the Renault ad that had obviously been re-dubbed into English!

It was an ad break of lazy advertising.
Jubei
QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Sep 7 2008, 11:22 PM)

Because the gorilla looks like it's actually drumming in time (even if it has been slowed down to fit).
gulfcoast_highwayman
I've always had a small dislike for Greggs, and still really resent them taking over what were Thurstons shops here in Leeds. Also, the quality of food went right down when the change occurred.

I cope with with that though, but I draw the line at Paddy McGuinnes adverts. He is such an unlikeable wanker.

If you're in Leeds, I recommend going to Ainsleys instead. They are far superior and they do pork pies.
Llama
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Sep 8 2008, 07:16 PM)
I cope with with that though, but I draw the line at Paddy McGuinnes adverts. He is such an unlikeable wanker.

I actually used to like him... since those adverts I can't stand him anymore.
Jubei
That bloody dyson advert really annoys me, the one for the new dyson ball thing. I respect that Dyson invented a clever new vacuum, and the airblade is pretty cool too, but the ball advert is nonsense. Fristly, empirical evidence would suggest that the currenjt vacuum design is perfectly good, as we've been using them for decades and our floors aren't inches thick with dust. Secondly, a hoover rolls on two main wheels, not two axles, so it can pivot fine as it is. Thidly, rooms are square edged, you hoover up and down. Who has a wave shaped room that needs a vacuum that can curve gracefully around. It's a gimmick.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Jubei @ Sep 8 2008, 09:17 PM)
That bloody dyson advert really annoys me, the one for the new dyson ball thing.  I respect that Dyson invented a clever new vacuum, and the airblade is pretty cool too, but the ball advert is nonsense.  Fristly, empirical evidence would suggest that the currenjt vacuum design is perfectly good, as we've been using them for decades and our floors aren't inches thick with dust.  Secondly, a hoover rolls on two main wheels, not two axles, so it can pivot fine as it is.  Thidly, rooms are square edged, you hoover up and down.  Who has a wave shaped room that needs a vacuum that can curve gracefully around. It's a gimmick.

I bet they've got the Light-House Keeper market sewn up.
Twinkle
Is the bloke in the new Burger King ad the lovely Stuart from Renford Rejects?
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Twinkle @ Sep 9 2008, 12:19 AM)
Is the bloke in the new Burger King ad the lovely Stuart from Renford Rejects?

Ooh, I hope so.
EDIT:
Yeah, tis
KevinandNick
Hmm - having that plebian McGuinness fronting Greggs really hits home how downmarket they are going in terms of their target audience.

It's a pity that Greggs can't have Scotch pies south of the border, as I had the odd one or two of them when I used to pop up to Edinburgh - granted, they weren't "proper" Scotch pies (the proper ones are to die for), but they were pretty satisfying.

As for commercials I can't stand - car insurance ones usually piss me off; I don't drive and I hate the patronising and smug tones they generally have.

"We're totally confused.com" Why? Have you been pissing in the fridge again?

Kev W
Starscream`s Ghost
QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Sep 9 2008, 10:02 AM)
"We're totally confused.com"  Why?  Have you been pissing in the fridge again?

No, it's because I keep sneaking up behind them and smacking them liberally around the head with a hammer.
Atara
Stuarts bakers does the best Scotch Pies. Greggs is evil
KevinandNick
Mmm! I would kill for a decent Scotch pie about now. I'm not going north of the border anytime soon... sad.gif

Kev W
Jubei
OK, I'll bite, what the hell is a Scotch Pie?
Rua
Just a wee meat pie.

Isn't it?
Starscream`s Ghost
Spicy mutton, I think.
zeden
QUOTE (Llama @ Aug 24 2008, 04:25 PM)
That has to be on purpose.

I'm way too late for this reply to be particularly relevant, but glad I'm not alone in thinking that.

QUOTE (crazeegems @ Sep 7 2008, 08:15 PM)
The Mercenaries 2 advert is brilliant.
happy.gif

My brother has been playing that song all day and it's irritatingly catchy. Shame the game is apparently a big ole bag o poop.
DOD-MDK
Funny adverts from a local car dealership near me. Tired of Being Badgered
Jubei
Not a TV ad but, looks like it's at Embankment, don't know if it's still there though, hehe:

Drifter
Injury Lawyers 4 U are starting to piss me off along with Halifax ads, Sheilas bloody Wheels, Safestyle Windows and that arse dressed like an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean with his talking parrot
Jubei
QUOTE (Jubei @ Sep 11 2008, 11:01 AM)
Not a TV ad but, looks like it's at Embankment, don't know if it's still there though, hehe:

It seems to have gone, but here's the link
http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/200...k-of-beers.html
PrincessKate
Why am I being hounded by adverts for severed cats heads in an attractive basket arrangement?
Why The Cat Collection, Why?!
KevinandNick
QUOTE (Drifter @ Sep 11 2008, 10:58 AM)
...and that arse dressed like an extra from Pirates of the Caribbean with his talking parrot

You mean Peter Kaye in ten years...? tongue.gif

Kev W
Raven
The new M & S women's clothes advert, two of the women in it are Twiggy and Mylene Klass, who the hell are the other three?
Jubei
QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 14 2008, 04:38 PM)
The new M & S women's clothes advert, two of the women in it are Twiggy and Mylene Klass, who the hell are the other three?

Models. Aren't they the same models that have done previous M&S ads with Twiggy and the Klass.
PrincessKate
QUOTE (Jubei @ Sep 15 2008, 10:54 AM)
Models. Aren't they the same models that have done previous M&S ads with Twiggy and the Klass.

I think one's Erin O'connor (smug bint-face) and one's Elizabeth Jagger (pretty ginger-ish), but I'm only going from the Christmas ad of last year.
Also, the music on the new m&s ad is incongruous.
blackcherry
The other three are: Erin O'Connor (tall with dark hair), Lily Cole (red hair and alien-ish face) and Noemie Lenoir (running around in bra and knickers). They are all models.
Jubei
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Sep 15 2008, 11:13 AM)
Noemie Lenoir

She's my favourite.
Starscream`s Ghost
I hope Marcus and the hip-hop horse both die in freak yachting accidents.
Raven
QUOTE (blackcherry @ Sep 15 2008, 11:13 AM)
The other three are: Erin O'Connor (tall with dark hair), Lily Cole (red hair and alien-ish face) and Noemie Lenoir (running around in bra and knickers). They are all models.

Cheers (and to others as well).

I though I recognised a couple of them, but as it turns out I have no idea who these girls are!
gulfcoast_highwayman
If I ever got off with Lily Cole, I'd ask her to call me Kirk and I'd pretend I was showing her more of the Earth thing called kissing.
blackcherry
QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Sep 21 2008, 12:35 PM)
If I ever got off with Lily Cole, I'd ask her to call me Kirk and I'd pretend I was showing her more of the Earth thing called kissing.

She reminds me of the alien girl in that playstation ad a few years ago.

Currently, I really like the nutrigrain ads - 'I'm a baker, I bake things' and 'oveny bakey cakeyness'. They make me smile every time they are on. The new Hovis ad is good too.
Jimmay
QUOTE (Jubei @ Sep 15 2008, 12:09 PM)
She's my favourite.

That girl is constantly in her bra and pants no matter where they end up.
Lighthouse- Bra and Pants
Ice Palace - Bra and Pants
Waltzers - Bran and Pants

Not that I'm complaining mind.
Bloomeeney
^ The lady's bras, the lady's bra's, the lady's knickers and the lady's bras
Wife Of Rolex
QUOTE (Jimmay @ Sep 23 2008, 01:54 PM)
That girl is constantly in her bra and pants no matter where they end up.
Lighthouse- Bra and Pants
Ice Palace - Bra and Pants
Waltzers - Bran and Pants

Not that I'm complaining mind.

With bananas and milk? Jesus, I bet that went everywhere.

Although, she would've been able to have a nice poo afterwards.
gulfcoast_highwayman
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Sep 23 2008, 07:34 PM)
With bananas and milk? Jesus, I bet that went everywhere.
Although, she would've been able to have a nice poo afterwards.

2 Girls 1 Cup II?
Sostie
The puppets in the Dolmio adverts. Why?

They are not funny. They are not cute. They do nothing to enhance the chances of buying the product - are puppets inherently linked with pasta sauce? But worst of all, their mouths hardly move when they talk. They are shit puppets.
Starscream`s Ghost
Why do they bother advertising the black Spider-Man web and mask set if it's 'not available in the UK or Eire'?
Raven
Cactus Kid Terminated.

What a lot of nonsense.
Jubei
I liked Cactus Kid adverts. I thought the writing was funny and clever. 'now mamma knows why I got sunburn on the soles of my feet'. Her accent is a joy.
Kick in the Head
When did John Lydon turn into Basil Brush?
Wife Of Rolex
I've been meaning to mention the John Lydon butter ad for a few days.

Fu...what?

No, John. No.
maian
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 8 2008, 11:23 AM) *
Cactus Kid Terminated.

What a lot of nonsense.

That's a shame. Since it was clearly indebted to Badlands, I was looking forward to the logical conclusion of the story in which Cactus Kid shoots a bunch of people with a shotgun.
Sostie
QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Oct 8 2008, 02:35 PM) *
I've been meaning to mention the John Lydon butter ad for a few days.

Fu...what?

No, John. No.

I haven't seen them yet. But I say "Yes, John. Yes"
logger
QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 8 2008, 11:23 AM) *
Cactus Kid Terminated.

What a lot of nonsense.

[the advert] could be interpreted to condone under-age sex and teenage pregnancy.

What kind of world do we live in were an advert can condone things?
Drifter
QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 7 2008, 09:15 PM) *

They are not funny. They are not cute. They do nothing to enhance the chances of buying the product - are puppets inherently linked with pasta sauce? But worst of all, their mouths hardly move when they talk. They are shit puppets.

So, youve never had a Dolmio day then I suspect!
logger
QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 7 2008, 09:15 PM) *

I can't see these without thinking of the Glaswegian version now.
Rua
QUOTE (logger @ Oct 9 2008, 03:22 PM) *
I can't see these without thinking of the Glaswegian version now.

Ya' Clatty Bastard.
widowspider
Mac responds to latest Windows ad

Ooooh, getting heated now.
Drifter
Bring On The Trumpets!.......TRUMPETS!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.